I just picked up _____ on vinyl!

Comments

• Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 28,867
    edited May 2020
    Bought some used and new vinyl.

Guess which one cost me 95 euros ($105)?

"Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,602

Faith?

Is that a new BITUSA or original? They're both very good. 
  • Tim SimmonsTim Simmons Posts: 6,865
    Freddy's Dead
  • jerparker20jerparker20 St. Paul, MN Posts: 2,399
    If it’s not the Fonzie/Happy Days LP you got ripped off.
    mrussel1 said:

Faith?

Haha. It was used, had a "HIT WAVE 85"-sticker, an original price tag sticker of $7.5 and cost me 4 dollars. I think I already own it though.  So original pressing or some 80s repress. I bet it's scratched to death.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
    Freddy's Dead
    Yes. Well worth it though. Factory sealed, so don't know if I should rip it open or get a banged up copy to listen to. Completes my collection of the scores. Wes Cravens New Nightmare did not have a vinyl score (before the Mondo ugly box set of all the films scores) but only CD. Might have to pick that up.

mrussel1 said:

Faith?

Haha. It was used, had a "HIT WAVE 85"-sticker, an original price tag sticker of $7.5 and cost me 4 dollars. I think I already own it though.  So original pressing or some 80s repress. I bet it's scratched to death.
    Hit wave is right.  There are like six hits on that record.  It was a monster.  
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:

Faith?

That, and The Black Album
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:

Faith?

That, and The Black Album
    I was thinking Jagged Little Pill or Rumors.  
  • 1ThoughtKnown1ThoughtKnown Posts: 6,155
    edited May 2020

I should not have picked up that OLP album.  It has two songs and is pretty weak otherwise. Can’t spend any more money on vinyl for a while.
    😢 Home Renovations time. 

Post edited by 1ThoughtKnown on
  • brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,593

I should not have picked up that OLP album.  It has two songs and is pretty weak otherwise. Can’t spend any more money on vinyl for a while.
    😢 Home Renovations time. 

Ah, but what good stuff to carry you over for awhile!  :smile:
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,593
    This arrive today on Sun Ra arrival day (aka "birthday")- what great timing! 

“The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

brianlux said:

😢 Home Renovations time. 

Ah, but what good stuff to carry you over for awhile!  :smile:
    Absolutely Brian! I actually have one more order coming I forgot about from a record shop in Toronto. 😂
    THEN I’m done. 
  • Attaway77Attaway77 Posts: 2,848

😢 Home Renovations time. 

Negative..... That OLP album is excellent!!!!!! One of the best to come out in the 90's...... 
    1998 Dallas (7/5) 2006 San Fran (7/15,7/16) 2009 San Fran (8/28) 2010 Bristow (5/13) NY (5/21) 2011 Alpine Valley (9/3,9/4)
    2012 Missoula (9/30) 2013 Chicago (7/19) Pittsburgh (10/11) Buffalo (10/12) Baltimore (10/27) Dallas (11/15)
    2014 Austin (10/12) Memphis (10/14) St. Paul (10/19) Milwaukee (10/20) Denver (10/22)
    2016 Ft. Lauderdale (4/8) Miami (4/9) Hampton (4/18) Philly (4/28,4/29) NY (5/1,5/2) 2018 Seattle (8/10) Missoula (8/13) 2022 Nashville (9/16)

E.V. - 2008 Berkeley (4/8) 2012 Austin (11/9,11/12)
    Temple of the Dog - 2016 Upper Darby

😢 Home Renovations time. 

The Automatic For the People is an excellent pressing. 
    Attaway77 said:

😢 Home Renovations time. 

Negative..... That OLP album is excellent!!!!!! One of the best to come out in the 90's...... 
    Naveed is far superior. I get that lots of people like it.... but it will gather dust on my shelf more than likely lol
    mrussel1 said:

😢 Home Renovations time. 

The Automatic For the People is an excellent pressing. 
    Agreed... was also very happy with the Badmotorfinger pressing. 
  • mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,421
    7" , I dont believe its ever been played.... $3

_____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • hrd2imgnhrd2imgn Southwest Burbs of Chicago Posts: 4,860
    Broke down and finally pulled the trigger

• mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,421

_____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 38,853
    @1ThoughtKnown do u have Piece of Mind?  Can't go wrong w the first 6 albums.
    @1ThoughtKnown do u have Piece of Mind?  Can't go wrong w the first 6 albums.
    I’m just starting to get the Maiden collection on vinyl. Had all six you mentioned on CD at one point. I will definitely get Piece of Mind. It’s fantastic 
  • LoujoeLoujoe Posts: 7,606
    Love all my Maiden^^^i grew up on that stuff. Have up to powerslave. Had to buy number of the beast(paid 20) but was supporting a new record shop a few years ago. Also found killers for 3 bucks from a local joint about 5 years back.
    Piece of mind is my go to lp when I want to travel back in time.
    Loujoe said:
    Love all my Maiden^^^i grew up on that stuff. Have up to powerslave. Had to buy number of the beast(paid 20) but was supporting a new record shop a few years ago. Also found killers for 3 bucks from a local joint about 5 years back.
    Piece of Mind is where I thought they were best musically and lyrically.  That whole album is amazing from front to back.
  • DC29940DC29940 Tucson, AZ Posts: 630

Great sale at DeepDiscount for Springsteen, Jimmy Eat World and DMB (which was an astonishing $38 when it goes for $100 on Amazon and $125 at my local shop). The Stax comp is the Target exclusive red and white vinyl, and finally completed my Spoon discography with the Soft Effects EP reissue.
    Kansas City 7.03.98
    St. Louis 10.11.00
    Kansas City 10.12.00
    St. Louis 4.22.03
    Kansas City 6.12.03
    St. Louis 10.5.04
    Kansas City 5.3.10
    Phoenix (EV) 11.4.12
    Phoenix 11.19.13
    Wrigley 1 8.20.16
    Seattle 1 8.8.18
    Phoenix 4.11.20
    Phoenix 5.9.22
    Indianapolis 9.10.23
    Indianapolis 8.26.24
    Loujoe said:
    Piece of Mind is where I thought they were best musically and lyrically.
    https://youtu.be/lY-amK8wdhg
  • ikiTikiT USA Posts: 11,007
    mickeyrat said:
    7" , I dont believe its ever been played.... $3

turn that shit up
    Bristow 05132010 to Amsterdam 2 06132018
  • pjpjpaulpjpjpaul Posts: 1,648
    Anyone score the VMP pressing of White Stripes Hello Operator/Joelen? Must have gone pretty fast. 
    Virginia Beach 2000
    DC 2003
    DC 2004 (VFC)
    DC 2006
    Pittsburgh 2006
    Bonnaroo 2008
    Virginia Beach 2008
    DC 2008
    Philly (Spectrum) 10/31/2009
    DC 2010 (Jiffy Lube Live)
    PJ 20 night 1
    PJ 20 night 2
    Phoenix 2013
    LA 1 2013
    Memphis 2014
    Jacksonville 2016
    Greenville 2016
    Hampton 2016
    Columbia 2016
    Fenway 1 2016
    Fenway 2 2016
    Wrigley 1 2018
    Wrigley 2 2018
    Fenway 1 2018
    Fenway 2 2018
    Sea Hear Now 2021
    Nashville 2022
    Louisville 2022
    Loujoe said:
    Piece of Mind is where I thought they were best musically and lyrically.
    https://youtu.be/lY-amK8wdhg
    Not even close...