Recording Roland Td-50

I’m an extreme novice when it comes to recording. My buddy gave me his old Mac and it has GarageBand on it. I understand there are better programs but I’m only using it to record MIDI. Does anyone have experience with this setup?
Td-50 and garageband?

my problem is I’m getting different sounds from certain triggers. For example, a pad that triggers a splash is sounding like a “clap” after I record. I just want to record the exact sounds coming out of my module into GarageBand as Midi. Any tips or help would be greatly appreciated! 

Comments

• Of The AggieOf The Aggie The ATX Posts: 1,491
    make sure you have the driver installed for the TD-50
    https://www.roland.com/global/support/by_product/td-50/updates_drivers/
  • nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 7,640
    make sure you have the driver installed for the TD-50
    https://www.roland.com/global/support/by_product/td-50/updates_drivers/
    I don’t. I will now. Thank you! 
    Still having the issue. Getting midis notes but they are being filtered through GarageBand sounds and not what I have programmed in my module. 
    I'm not any kind of expert in Garageband, but I have a TD-17 and I installed the driver and it seemed to work ok.  I can go retest many of the other sounds to see if it sounds correct.
    I'm not any kind of expert in Garageband, but I have a TD-17 and I installed the driver and it seemed to work ok.  I can go retest many of the other sounds to see if it sounds correct.

i May call tech support and see if they can sort it out. Thanks fir your help! 👍🏼
    Let me ask, when you record your drums in midi through GB , does the playback sound like YOUR kit or the preset drums in GB?
    nicknyr15 said:
    Let me ask, when you record your drums in midi through GB , does the playback sound like YOUR kit or the preset drums in GB?
    I haven't actually recorded, just played through it to check it out. 
    nicknyr15 said:
    Gotcha. 
    nicknyr15 said:
    I’m all set up! It took a lot of going through the module but I’m all set up to record multitrack audio. Installing the driver was great advice. Wouldn’t have worked without. Ty! 
    nicknyr15 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    I’m all set up! It took a lot of going through the module but I’m all set up to record multitrack audio. Installing the driver was great advice. Wouldn’t have worked without. Ty! 
    Great!  I just tested mine again and I could hear all the different sounds correctly.  I was just coming to post some more things for you to check but I'm glad you got it working!