Pearl Jam Art Of Do The Evolution Hardcover . 25th Anniversary of Music Video

Comments

• demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,314
    Joe Pearson With the release looking at mid-October, I don't think we'll be doing an SDCC presentation. Maybe the NYCC, but it's hard to say at this moment.

• kramer73kramer73 Posts: 2,594
    That new cover is in my order history from October of 2018 now.  I wonder if they changed it?
  • igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,141
    kramer73 said:
    That new cover is in my order history from October of 2018 now.  I wonder if they changed it?
    Yes they changed it to the whale one. The band picked that one
    I miss igotid88
  • LedbetterdaysLedbetterdays Round Rock, Texas Posts: 555
    edited March 2020
    Pearl Jam: Art Of Do The Evolution: http://amzn.to/2mGsxy1
    I miss igotid88
    kramer73 said:

I believe Joe said the whale one is the official chosen cover artwork.

I do like this other cover concept.

Happy Easter and Passover all. Do the Evolution paints a dark picture of our world and in many sad ways, an accurate one. When Kevin and I co-wrote the video's story arc we patterned it after Eddie's grim words and we stand by what we conceptualized.

However there IS another side to the human spirit and that's one of hope, courage, kindness and love. That's something we must all cling to and try to practice in these troubled times. Let's evolve into these good ways and good hearts and save ourselves and our beloved planet.

I did this editorial illustration back in the early 80's and it's still true today. There is light at the end of the tunnel.

Happy Monday all. I received this near final copy of the "Pearl Jam: Art of Do the Evolution" front and back cover a few days ago and thought I'd share with the group. I think the designer, Robbie Robbins, really nailed it.

• foodshop65foodshop65 Connecticut Posts: 717
    My order was placed on 4-4-2017. New cover is up and is 27.99 US shipping 10-6-2020
    Randall's Island 9-29-1996, MSG 9-10/11-1998, Meadows, CT 9-13-1998, Sacramento 10-30-2000, Bridge School 10-26-2002,MSG 9-8/9-2003, Hartford 2013, Amsterdam 2014(2), Memphis 2014, MSG 5-1/2-2016, Fenway 8-7-16, Fenway 9-2/4-18 MSG 9-11-22

Pearl Jam: Art Of Do The Evolution: http://amzn.to/2mGsxy1

I miss igotid88

I shared pages 1 and 2 of the "Pearl Jam; the Art of Do the Evolution" book with Gilbert Alves in the post below. Here's pages 1 and 2.

Joe Pearson At the editing session for Do the Evolution, Eddie brought with him a small wooden briefcase full of some interesting and curious items. Here's an excerpt from the upcoming book on chapter detailing the Editing experience on Do the Evolution. Editor, Mark Needham shares his look into the briefcase and its contents and of course, editing with Mr. Vedder.

• densandensan Posts: 563
    As usual I missed this for only 3 years. I have been busy. Opps. Just pre ordered. Thank you for the heads up Demetrios. Quite a find. Wow!
    Be different & make a difference. Decency & kindness @ a grassroots level works.
  • Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 28,867
    densan said:
    As usual I missed this for only 3 years. I have been busy. Opps. Just pre ordered. Thank you for the heads up Demetrios. Quite a find. Wow!
    You are lucky. What about all of us who's been waiting for it for over 3 years. haha
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • KW6232KW6232 Posts: 347
    edited April 2020
    My order was placed on 4-4-2017. New cover is up and is 27.99 US shipping 10-6-2020
    Yeah , my preorder price from 2017 is the same. So I guess a 3 years wait is worth $10 bucks or so off as of the price now 3  years later on Amazon is $39.99 🤣
    densan said:
    Why do people say "opps" when it is "oops"?
    I miss igotid88
  • HobbesHobbes Pacific Northwest Posts: 6,377
    igotid88 said:
    densan said:
    See the source image
  • densandensan Posts: 563
    igotid88 said:
    densan said:
    For me, I do not get the red line, and Jerry I need the red line. I only see the error after I hit "post Comment" I could stare at for two hours. Nothing. Then post, and I see it. 

The 33 Best George Costanza GIFs on the Internet  George costanza
    Be different & make a difference. Decency & kindness @ a grassroots level works.
    densan said:
    igotid88 said:
    densan said:
    For me, I do not get the red line, and Jerry I need the red line. I only see the error after I hit "post Comment" I could stare at for two hours. Nothing. Then post, and I see it. 

Have you ever said "opps" or oops when you made a mistake?
    I miss igotid88

Me and Joe Pearson’s #pearljam book is one step closer to release! Here’s the latest cover comp. For those not in the know, in 1998 I produced @pearljam “Do the Evolution” music video, for which I received a Grammy nomination. It’s an animated piece and tells the history of mankind from the first cell splitting into two, right up to humans annihilating themselves with atomic weapons. Along the way are scenes of past historical events like stock market crashing, smallpox poisoning of Native American Indians, testing on animals, WWI and WW2, slavery, domestic abuse, religious cons, corrupt politicians, as well as a peak into futuristic robot birthing machines....Funny and lighthearted it is not. Poignant, provocative and thought provoking it is and I consider it the pinnacle of my entertainment career. Can be seen on YouTube or Vimeo. The book has been in the works for over two years now and features publicly never before seen character designs, sketches, storyboards, BGs, pics and stories (like the one of Eddie and I back left corner taken in his hotel suite at 4am by a room service delivery person, the morning after the band performed at the Tibetan Freedom Concert jn DC).... kudos to @idwpublishing for creating one of the best looking art books I’ve ever seen. Available sometime this summer, presale on Amazon as we speak.

Joe Pearson shared a link.

Good news. We are still on track for a release of the "Pearl Jam: Art of Do the Evolution" book this Fall. Hopefully October. I'll have a hard release date when he book actually goes to press this summer.

About 12 years back Epoch Ink (the studio that made the "Evolution" video) did this short promo music video for Microsoft's release of their new Zune device.

We used a lot of the same team that made "Evolution". I directed and produced it. Young Ki Yoon designed it. Jim Mitchell storyboarded it. Sun Min Image Pictures animated it. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9qj_Gxf3ftU

• JedJed New York City Posts: 1,134
    1. I do not get what just happened.
    2. I'm sure Pearl Jam would have been horrified to be associated with Microsoft back then. 

That makes this all the more amazing. Thanks for sharing!
  • guypjfreakguypjfreak Posts: 2,281
    OK so is there any chance we ARE getting this.. Been waiting years lololol 
    October. Unless something happens. Unfortunately there probably won't be any type of comic conventions.
    I miss igotid88
  • on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,376
    edited May 2020
    Zero chance for the book but 150% chance this guy finds some napkins in his attic with sketches on them that will be for sale. 
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

on2legs said:
    Zero chance for the book but 150% chance this guy finds some napkins in his attic with sketches on them that will be for sale. 
    Why do you say that? Everything's been approved so far.
    I miss igotid88
  • on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,376
    igotid88 said:
    on2legs said:
    I have no insider info.  But the endless delays so far indicate there’s serious issues with the book production and when you couple that with a world wide pandemic that has impacted supply chains and logistics in almost every area it doesn’t look too good. 
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

on2legs said:
    igotid88 said:
    on2legs said:
    I have no insider info.  But the endless delays so far indicate there’s serious issues with the book production and when you couple that with a world wide pandemic that has impacted supply chains and logistics in almost every area it doesn’t look too good. 
    Early delays had to do with the bands approval. I forget what else. I guess you can look through the thread. Books have been released throughout this pandemic. 
    I miss igotid88