Shannon Hoon -- A Danny Clinch Documentary ! ! ! FUCK YES ! ! ! (Blind Melon)

Comments

• thispureamericanriotthispureamericanriot California Posts: 514
    Vernie - as good as anything by PJ. What a loss...
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QlVBX_T7La8
  • mvwmvw Posts: 1,642
    Is this film ever getting released?
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    i've lost hope
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• 2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,090
    I think stitching together a cohesive narrative out of all that footage was a challenge for any one, even the most experienced film maker.
    www.cluthelee.com
  • goldrushgoldrush everybody knows this is nowhere Posts: 7,258
    The film will premier at the Tribeca Film Festival in April :smile:

“Do not postpone happiness”
    (Jeff Tweedy, Sydney 2007)

“Put yer good money on the sunrise”
    (Tim Rogers)
    This was also posted on the Instagram page in November:

(Tim Rogers)
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,473
    Awesome - finally! I can't wait to see this.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
    Great news!!!

• jjflashjjflash Posts: 4,815
    goldrush said:

:clap:
  • derbydavederbydave Columbus, OH Posts: 11,254
    goldrush said:

YESSS...
    Can't wait to see this!!
    '96: Seattle: Key Arena
    '98: Seattle: Memorial Stadium 1 & 2
    '00: Columbus: Polaris
    '03: Columbus: Germain
    '10: Columbus: Nationwide Arena
    '11: East Troy: Alpine Valley - PJ20 1 & 2 + EV Detroit
    '12: Missoula + EV Jacksonville 1 & 2
    '13: Chicago / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / Seattle
    '14: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Memphis / Detroit / Moline
    '15: New York City - Global Citizen Festival
    '16: Greenville / Hampton / Raleigh / Columbia / Lexington / Ottawa / Toronto 1 & 2 / Wrigley 1 & 2
    '17: Brooklyn - Rock & Roll Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony
    '18: London 1 & 2 / Seattle 1 & 2 / Missoula / Wrigley 1
    '22: Nashville / St. Louis

http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=170

• 2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,090
    I just put together Lisa Krause is Nico's Mom. She shared vocals with Shannon on Mouthful of Cavities. I thought Shannon had been in a committed relationship but not with her.
    www.cluthelee.com
    film is coming out. hope for a digital release very soon. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

Has anyone heard any word of a widespread theater release or digital release for this?
    Does anyone know where I can watch this?
  • cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,632
    I just put together Lisa Krause is Nico's Mom. She shared vocals with Shannon on Mouthful of Cavities. I thought Shannon had been in a committed relationship but not with her.
    Jena Kraus sang on Mouthful of Cavities.  She’s not the mother. 
  • pearljammr78pearljammr78 Posts: 1,613
    I god damn love love love Blind Melon. The behind the music on them was amazing. Can’t wait to see this movie. 
    Peace,Love and Pearl Jam.
  • rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    Awesome news!
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
    rgambs said:
    Awesome news!
    what news?
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    rgambs said:
    Awesome news!
    what news?
    I was just way behind on the film being finished lol
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?

(Tim Rogers)
    Distribution has been secured and All I Can Say will be released to the public!

(Tim Rogers)
  • rhanishanerhanishane NSW Australia Posts: 505
    When will this be out? 

Inquiring minds want to know!
    When will this be out? 

There hasn’t been anything posted on the All I Can Say Instagram page since November. The last post of interest is the “we do not have details yet...” one above.

(Tim Rogers)
    goldrush said:
    When will this be out? 

There hasn’t been anything posted on the All I Can Say Instagram page since November. The last post of interest is the “we do not have details yet...” one above.
    you'd have to have the patience of a saint to have contributed to this and not being flipping tables at this point. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• rhanishanerhanishane NSW Australia Posts: 505
    goldrush said:
    When will this be out? 

you'd have to have the patience of a saint to have contributed to this and not being flipping tables at this point. 
    Haha.. I am patient but it will be a good watch as it's a lot of Shannon's personal footage that his mother Nel has released. Sad to read his mum is selling a lot of things to get by as she has been so open to his fans allowing them in her home where Shannon grew up. She will not be selling any of his personal items. You can head over to her face book page and send her a message she has things listed on her page for sale. She seems like a beautiful old lady as she is now 80 years old.

EXCLUSIVE: There is a certain generation that basks in the ’90s Blind Melon tune “No Rain” and Oscilloscope Laboratories is looking to shed light on that era via the forthcoming documentary All I Can Say. The indie film company co-founded by Beastie Boys member Adam Yauch has acquired the North American rights to the docu from the late Blind Melon frontman Shannon Hoon. Oscilloscope is set to release the film later this year.

Shot firsthand by Hoon over the course of five years up until a few hours before his sudden death at the age of 28 in 1995, All I Can Say made its premiere at the Tribeca Film Festival in 2019. Hoon used his camera as a diary and he meticulously documented facets of his life including his family, his creative process, his band’s rise to fame, and his struggle with addiction. From the birth of Hoon’s daughter to his documentation of ’90s politics and culture, filmmakers Danny Clinch, Taryn Gould, and Colleen Hennessy compiled material for an intimate, nuanced portrait of the artist — created solely with his own footage.

All I Can Say tells the story of a person who never heard his daughter speak her first word, but left her this strange, intimate and fragmented chronicle that she would one day watch in the form of this film,” said the filmmakers in a joint statement. “We feel extremely fortunate and excited that a visionary company like Oscilloscope, with its reputation for creatively bold and inspired work, has joined us to now thoughtfully bring the film to the rest of the world.”

O-Scope’s Dan Berger said that the docu “is a masterful feat of filmmaking by an extremely talented and invested group of artists.” He adds, “Working exclusively with Shannon’s own footage to construct a compelling and cohesive story was no small undertaking, but their commitment to that concept, which they pulled off perfectly, truly makes this a posthumous work of Shannon’s. It’s intimate. It’s touching. It’s full of love and life and pain. And it says so much more about the man as a result.”

(Tim Rogers)
    i have never waited so long for one goddamn movie to come out. jesus. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• ZodZod Posts: 9,941
    I find it odd these docs put out all that waiting for what often amounts to a single night theatrical release in a very limited number of theatres.   I guess maybe it would get overlook on straight to digital, but it'd he good to see (I'm also really wanting to see the Gorge documentary).
    Zod said:
    I find it odd these docs put out all that waiting for what often amounts to a single night theatrical release in a very limited number of theatres.   I guess maybe it would get overlook on straight to digital, but it'd he good to see (I'm also really wanting to see the Gorge documentary).
    i guess it depends on getting the funding for distribution. i don't know how these deals work, but maybe potential buyers want to see the finished product prior to signing on to fund it? unless it's a slam dunk, which this one won't be. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD