Star Wars May the 4th be with you (Spoilers)

Comments

• fifefife Posts: 3,327
    ok have to say, watching the series final of the Clones Wars was amazing.  Just the last 4 episodes were some of the best stars wars I have seen in a very long time.
  • fifefife Posts: 3,327
    El said:
    I did not see it confirmed if it is a 1 movie deal or some sort of series/trilogy, so would not get hopes up. 
    They need to tap a writer/director that stays on for more than one picture.  I don't care too much for the one offs, I'd like some continuity.

how would you feel if they made one offs Tv shows or movies that filled in the blanks from the movies?  for example, Darth Bane and how he created the Rule of two?  or how the sith and jedi started?
  • tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 38,956
    fife said:
    El said:
    I did not see it confirmed if it is a 1 movie deal or some sort of series/trilogy, so would not get hopes up. 
    They need to tap a writer/director that stays on for more than one picture.  I don't care too much for the one offs, I'd like some continuity.

how would you feel if they made one offs Tv shows or movies that filled in the blanks from the movies?  for example, Darth Bane and how he created the Rule of two?  or how the sith and jedi started?
    That's fine I just don't want 10 one off movies like James Bond.  If you do those stories I'm ok because it is in a sense continuity but I'd like a series too.

I'd love to see the story expanded on Lukes Empire Lightsaber.  There was also an idea about Lukes cut off arm that I think could be cool.
  • ElEl Posts: 139
    Darth Revan from KotoR would be a great story to make into a movie (if done right). 
    Music is what feelings sound like.
  • pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Maryland Posts: 9,883
    El said:
    Darth Revan from KotoR would be a great story to make into a movie (if done right). 
    It would need to be a series. Knights is the story they should run with next. Stay away from the Skywalker story, its done. 
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • Jason PJason P Posts: 19,122
    I think I ordered a baby yoda like 7 months ago ... I'm guessing it is stuck somewhere in the dagobah system right now
  • igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,264
    Jason P said:
    I think I ordered a baby yoda like 7 months ago ... I'm guessing it is stuck somewhere in the dagobah system right now
    A lot of baby Yoda toys or action figures were coming out in April or May. 
    I miss igotid88
    igotid88 said:
    Jason P said:
    Baby Yoda=Ewoks=Jar Jar=BB8
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,819
    igotid88 said:
    Jason P said:
    I don't think I met anyone who liked Jar Jar

bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
    igotid88 said:
    Jason P said:

I liked the ewoks for a minute when I was 9...Only a minute.

igotid88 said:
    Jason P said:

I had the Ewok village when I was a kid. I liked them, still do.
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    igotid88 said:
    Jason P said:

I had the Ewok village when I was a kid. I liked them, still do.
    Yeah my love for them didn't last long.  

Did you have any of the die-cast mini sets?  I used to love those.  Had almost all of Empire.
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
  • eddieceddiec Posts: 3,834
    edited June 2020
    I got stoned last night and rewatched Rise of Skywalker on Disney last night. Made me realize that Epsiodes 7-9 have been an overall failure. While I enjoyed each of them, they just don't work in the overall saga. Here's a short list (I hope) of why I didn't like Ep.9 and then why 7-9 missed the mark. 

Some of Rise of Skywalker problems that jumped out at me: There were just too many moments that took me out of the film, shaking my head, and saying, how?
    Light Speed Jumping- Han explains in ep 4 how difficult it is to calculate a light speed jump. Now Poe just goes around light speed jumping through the galaxy with ease. Cool idea in theory, but dumb.
    Rey is a Palpatine- Great idea, but wouldn't it had been better if we had known this in ep 7? Then her personal battle with the Dark side would have made so much more sense. (Especially after ep 8 where we're told she is a nobody.) And you're telling me Luke never sensed this? Dude is the biggest force user alive during ep 7 & 8 and he can't sense she is a Palpatine? Remember Empire? Vader tells Luke to search his feelings and Luke realises he is actually Vader's son. That shit would be flowing out of Rey. It's just sloppy and makes no sense. 
    Pacing- The first hour is a whirlwind. JJ never learned pacing in film school?
    The Dagger- Rey happens upon this dagger. Okay, I can live with that. But the Death Star is a small moon. She just happens to guide that boat in the middle of a storm to the throne room? There's just no way. It would be like landing on the Jersey Shore and having to walk to Maryland.
    Force vision with necklace- The force visions and interactions between Rey and Kylo were probably the highlight of this series, until...Kylo physically grabs the necklace from Rey to learn where she is. How the hell did that happen?
    Palpatine's Final Order- I looked this up on Wookiepedia: There are 46,785 people on a star detroyer. The Final Order had hundred of ships which means a total crew in the millions. Where did these people come from and how was it kept a secret? Not to mention the money involved. It's just so ridiculous. And after creating this fleet it can only achieve orbit by a single transmitter station? (Which gets destroyed and the signal is taken over by a single ship- which gets destroyed.)

There are many more, but I'll get on to why the whole series was a failure:

Episodes 1-3 weren't actually that bad- For a long time, I despised episodes 1-3. The overuse of CGI. Jar fucking Jar. Hayden's acting. The overall execution of these movies were poor, buuuuut...there was a continuous and well developed story arc that played out through the three movies and perfectly links with episodes 4-6. This is something that 7-9 lacks. It's like JJ went back to his LOST days and he and his writers just started making shit up as they went. It worked for LOST because they had plenty of time for it to unfold and play out. You're telling me when they went into production they didnt know how each movie would progress and culminate in the final movie? Apparently not. 
    The Chosen One- Wasn't Anakin 'The Chosen One'? Did we not watch six movies about Anakin and his role as said Chosen One? Even after he betrayed the Jedi and became a Sith, did he not come back and fulfil his destiny by killing the Emporer? He did, because like you, I watched it happen over six movies. But wait, what? He didn't fulfill that prophecy? He couldn't have, because the goddam Emporer comes back in Rise. It seems like the writers sat around, going, man we really fucked this up. You know what we'll do? We'll bring back Palpatine. Even if it makes zero sense, people will go crazy to hear that laugh. 
    Nostalgia is a bitch- The original characters were just better. After episode 4, the viewer isn't craving the next Star Wars as much as they're eager to find out what happens to Luke, Leia, Han and even Vader. Those movies had great character development which we don't find in eps 7-9. 

Maybe I'm being overly harsh. Like I said, I enjoyed each of these movies and will watch them again at some point. But Rogue One was better than any of them. That movie pulled it off in one episode much better than all three of these as a trilogy.

Post edited by eddiec on
  • goldrushgoldrush everybody knows this is nowhere Posts: 7,264
    We have Saturday movie nights and my 6 year old started asking about Star Wars. Naturally we started at Episode 4 and he loved the original trilogy, even if he didn't 'get' all of the storyline there was plenty of cool action to keep him entertained.

Unfortunately, I couldn't persuade him to move onto Force Awakens after ROTJ... he insisted on watching Phantom Menace instead... I had tried to convince myself that it wouldn't be as bad as I remembered, but it is a truly awful movie.

I hated it when it came out, and I have given it a few shots over the years, but I still can't figure out how you can put so many good/great actors (Samuel L Jackson, Liam Neeson, Natalie Portman, Ewan McGregor, Terence Stamp... the list goes on...) into a beloved franchise and it still sucks.

And the worst thing about is I'm going to have to sit through Attack of the Clones again at some point. Ugh.
    “Do not postpone happiness”
    (Jeff Tweedy, Sydney 2007)

“Put yer good money on the sunrise”
    (Tim Rogers)
  • goldrushgoldrush everybody knows this is nowhere Posts: 7,264
    This was a lot of fun

“Do not postpone happiness”
    (Jeff Tweedy, Sydney 2007)

“Put yer good money on the sunrise”
    (Tim Rogers)
  • goldrush said:
    We have Saturday movie nights and my 6 year old started asking about Star Wars. Naturally we started at Episode 4 and he loved the original trilogy, even if he didn't 'get' all of the storyline there was plenty of cool action to keep him entertained.

Unfortunately, I couldn't persuade him to move onto Force Awakens after ROTJ... he insisted on watching Phantom Menace instead... I had tried to convince myself that it wouldn't be as bad as I remembered, but it is a truly awful movie.

I hated it when it came out, and I have given it a few shots over the years, but I still can't figure out how you can put so many good/great actors (Samuel L Jackson, Liam Neeson, Natalie Portman, Ewan McGregor, Terence Stamp... the list goes on...) into a beloved franchise and it still sucks.

And the worst thing about is I'm going to have to sit through Attack of the Clones again at some point. Ugh.
    I liked Clones.  I enjoyed the story arc and realised that Jango Fett is pretty much every stormtrooper, lol!
  • 23scidoo23scidoo Thessaloniki,Greece Posts: 18,473
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    Prague Krakow Berlin 2018. Berlin 2022
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

I wish i was the souvenir you kept your house key on..
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,611
    Jar-Jar Binks!  
    Ewoks!
    Puffins!
    The love he receives is the love that is saved