new podcast - jamily matters

124»

Comments

• DR252979DR252979 Posts: 40
    The Gigaton review was laughably bad. They went on and on for ten minutes about how Eddie is too old to have a loud political song. Of course they completely ignored Can’t Deny Me from just two years ago. Additionally they criticized the lyrics of Seven O’clock which I have heard nothing but praise for. They just pretend to be really DEEP thinkers while demonstrating their simpleton views during every episode. I tried but I don’t get the fanfare for this podcast. It’s fine for some mindless Pearl Jam banter if you’re bored.
    3-20-1994 Ann Arbor, MI 8-23-1998 Auburn Hills, MI 10-7-2000 Auburn Hills; MI 5-22-2006 Auburn Hills, MI 5-9-2010 Cleveland, OH; EV 6-28-2011 Detroit, MI 10-16-2014 Detroit, MI, EV 9-23-2017 Louisville KY
  • sissonp33sissonp33 Posts: 80
    DR252979 said:
    They just pretend to be really DEEP thinkers while demonstrating their simpleton views during every episode. I tried but I don’t get the fanfare for this podcast. It’s fine for some mindless Pearl Jam banter if you’re bored.
    This is where I am too...using it as mindless banter when I run out of other podcasts and an excuse to go back and rank the albums myself. I just finished the 'Avocado' episode and came here to see if other people get as annoyed with them as I do. Their thoughts are super repetitive and uninsightful. I sometimes wonder if they actually like the band too. It would obviously be boring and unproductive to just have a podcast fawning over every song, but he uses the word 'garbage' way too often for a discussion about a band he allegedly loves. We all have songs that we like better than others, but you're making this podcast for fans, you can't trash half the songs on every other album. And she either doesn't know much about music or just can't verbalize what she does know because she offers almost zero insight or analysis on why she likes or doesn't like a song. I'll keep listening for the random tidbit or story that I didn't know, but I definitely don't look forward to it the way I hoped I would.
  • Sobelberg8Sobelberg8 Posts: 924
    Man I’m glad you guys don’t bag on my pod like you do theirs (my guess is that no one’s listening =) . You guys are harsh, they do a good job.
    Hi, I host a Pearl Jam Podcast. We go back to some of the classic shows in their history and break down the entire setlist front to back. From historic perspective, to performances, to setlist construction, to fan stories. We do our best to capture the magic that is their live act and help you relive those memories, or if you weren't there, maybe turn you on to a show you've never heard before.

Live On 4 Legs can be found on Apple Podcast, Spotify and any other major podcast platform. But please support our website and check out the episodes archived there. Oh, and the Concertpedia as well (for you Five Horizons and Two Feet Thick fans, we've picked up where they've left off)

http://liveon4legs.com