Options

Take the COVID-19 Do-it-yourself No Looking Haircut Challenge.

brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,681
Hair's getting in your eyes? Can't go to the barber or salon? Need something entertaining to do? Here's a simple solution to your hair cut woes: take the Covid-19 Do-it-yourself No Looking Haircut Challenge.

Here's how it works: Take the sharpest pair of scissors in the house and jump in the shower. No cheating- no mirrors allowed! Decide approximately how much you want cut off and with thumb and a finger or two, pull clumps of hair straight out from your head and snip. Continue all around the head snipping and snipping, feeling for places that are longer that you may have missed. Keep a waste basket outside the shower and occasionally scoop the cut hair out of the drain screen. When all done, shampoo, dry off and wait until dry. Misses a few places? No worries- snip these spots quick-like and you're done!

Here's my results. I needed about a half-dozen snips after the shower and am good enough to go. What they heck- I'm not going anywhere anyway!
Sorry about the camera glare on the lip!

“The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

Comments

• Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,689
    did a professional barber last week.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    mickeyrat said:

Didn't know any were open anywhere.  None are around here.
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”

• Options
    stuckinlinestuckinline Posts: 3,358
    edited April 2020
    @brianlux It looks fine. I cut my hair a few weeks back. Luckily, I have curly hair so no one can tell it isn't straight.
  • Options
    deadendpdeadendp Northeast Ohio Posts: 10,434
    No need. Been running the COVID unemployment bun for a month now. No mirror or scissors needed. :smiley:
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Lexington and Wrigley 1
  • Options
    brianlux said:
    mickeyrat said:

know a guy who knows a guy.... it was very prohibition speakeasy like ......
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    @brianlux It looks fine. I cut my hair a few weeks back. Luckily, I have curly hair so no one can tell it isn't straight.
    Thanks!  I used to give friends haircuts once in a while.  The hardest was a guy with thick curly hair.  Must have done OK though- he bought us each a six pack afterwords and it was a hot day so we drank 'em all and laughed a lot!
    deadendp said:
    No need. Been running the COVID unemployment bun for a month now. No mirror or scissors needed. :smiley:
    I thought about just letting it grow and tie it back but we're getting record heat here so- chop chop!- off it came!

• Options
    mickeyrat said:
    brianlux said:
    mickeyrat said:

It's a weird world where getting a haircut can be considered malfeasance! 

• Options
    edited April 2020
    brianlux said:
    mickeyrat said:
    brianlux said:
    mickeyrat said:

It's a weird world where getting a haircut can be considered malfeasance! 
    oh man it was great. no hot towel for the face but otherwise the full package. straight razor for the neck and edges....
    when things open back up , dude has a new customer.

Post edited by mickeyrat on

• Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    I just gave myself a trim a little while ago. Arduous on long hair. Did only the ends so if I fucked it up, it should blend into the waves/curls. Plus it grows fast as hell! We’ll see once it’s put to the test (shower). 

If I look a fool for next couple weeks, so be it. My husband may not agree :lol:
  • Options
    Jason PJason P Posts: 19,122

• Options
    hedonist said:
    I just gave myself a trim a little while ago. Arduous on long hair. Did only the ends so if I fucked it up, it should blend into the waves/curls. Plus it grows fast as hell! We’ll see once it’s put to the test (shower). 

If I look a fool for next couple weeks, so be it. My husband may not agree :lol:

Maybe if he doesn't like it challenge him to do his and see if he thinks it's better!  :lol: 

Jason P said:

:grimacing: 
    :lol:

• Options
    RogueStonerRogueStoner Sunny AZ Posts: 1,716
    @brianlux I was just about to take scissors to my kids and their dad, but this may be more fun. Although I think they may do better than I would. I’ll let you know... lol
  • Options
    @brianlux I was just about to take scissors to my kids and their dad, but this may be more fun. Although I think they may do better than I would. I’ll let you know... lol

I hope it works out well, RS!  :smiley:

• Options
    lastexitlondonlastexitlondon Posts: 11,868

brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • Options

Summer cut- nice job!

• Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,617
    Put the lid down

Sorry, I hear that all of the time

The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    Put the lid down

I actually looked after posting  rather  than before and thought i bet there is something  else in the picture embarrassing.  Ha never mind . 
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • Options
    Put the lid down

I actually looked after posting  rather  than before and thought i bet there is something  else in the picture embarrassing.  Ha never mind . 

Better put a lock on that toilet paper!

• Options
    brianlux said:
    Put the lid down

Better put a lock on that toilet paper!

Points to LEL that he and his family install the roll correctly. :smile:
  • Options
    darwinstheorydarwinstheory LaPorte, IN Posts: 5,749
    Oooohhh my! Shit's getting real in here now!
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
  • Options

Really real.  :lol: 

• Options
    edited April 2020
    brianlux said:

Really real.  :lol: 
    I have issues, y'all. :lol:
  • Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524

With eyes closed?!  I am not that brave.

I did have success with my undertaking...just had to get rid of those dead ends fairly evenly.  Feels great and healthy again!
  • Options
    edited April 2020
    I did look but the  back is impossible. We have a a 2 year old so that toilet is busy with "i neeeed a weeeee" with 2 seconds  notice. And  i must  confess before  i met my lady i didnt know  about the loo roll direction  thing.  She  woke me to it hahah. Now its a must. Haha
    Post edited by lastexitlondon on
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

• Options
    I kept the  ed rammones H.O.F Mohawk  for an hour. Loved it . But then shaved off.
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

• Options
    markymark550markymark550 Columbia, SC Posts: 5,104
    I'm soon going to need to take this challenge. My hair has about 2 weeks until it's a full blown whafro.
  • Options
    I'm soon going to need to take this challenge. My hair has about 2 weeks until it's a full blown whafro.

Go for it, brave soul!  Let us know how it goes!