Pearl Jam's Gigaton in Dolby Atmos - A Truly Unique Listening Experience .. Postponed

1121314151618»

Comments

• cutzcutz Posts: 11,400
    MF117973 said:
    cutz said:
    demetrios said:
    Pap said:
    MF117973 said:
    The visualizers are beautiful. I was wondering if the band was going to have them projecting on a screen behind them during the live shows.
    That'd be cool! :sunglasses:
    That would be cool indeed. 

Yes, it would be cool, but what about the people sitting behind the stage? Can it be setup so they can still see the band?
    Forgot about that. A lot of shows I go to don't sell behind the stage, so there have been really interesting backdrops. I guess this would not work here. But it would be beautiful. I can see them in my head silhouetted in front of the images.

I probably only thought about it because I have a ticket for behind the stage at one of the shows>LOL

If they didn't have seats the it would be really good to have the visuals.
  • demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,335

Pearl Jam to Stream Gigaton Audiovisual Experience For Free on Apple TV
    The full album comes paired with immersive visuals

Prior to the release of Gigaton, grunge rock legends Pearl Jam were supposed to hold a massive listening party event in theaters all over the world. Because those plans were scrapped due to the ongoing pandemic, the band has decided to bring that special experience straight to fans’ homes.

Beginning tomorrow, April 24th, the “Gigaton Visual Experience” will be available to stream on Apple TV for free for the next seven days in over 100 countries. The immersive release features a full playback of the Gigaton album. Accompanying the music are vivid visuals curated and created by Evolve, the same filmmakers who helmed “Dance of the Clairvoyants”, Pearl Jam’s first official video in seven years.

“I’m excited for fans to be able to immerse themselves in the sound and to hear the depth and layers of these songs and performances,” Gigaton producer Josh Evans commented in a statement. “It’s truly a unique way to experience this album.”
    Editors' Picks

The “Gigaton Visual Experience” will be presented in both Dolby Atmos and Dolby Vision. After the free seven-day period, customers will be able to purchase or rent the release.

Considering Eddie Vedder & co. were forced to postpone their Gigaton tour because of COVID-19, this audiovisual experience should keep fans happy for the time being. For those looking for more of Pearl Jam, check out our photo gallery celebrating their powerful live shows over the years.

• VitalogensiaVitalogensia Posts: 1,900
    demetrios said:

Pearl Jam to Stream Gigaton Audiovisual Experience For Free on Apple TV
    The full album comes paired with immersive visuals

Prior to the release of Gigaton, grunge rock legends Pearl Jam were supposed to hold a massive listening party event in theaters all over the world. Because those plans were scrapped due to the ongoing pandemic, the band has decided to bring that special experience straight to fans’ homes.

Beginning tomorrow, April 24th, the “Gigaton Visual Experience” will be available to stream on Apple TV for free for the next seven days in over 100 countries. The immersive release features a full playback of the Gigaton album. Accompanying the music are vivid visuals curated and created by Evolve, the same filmmakers who helmed “Dance of the Clairvoyants”, Pearl Jam’s first official video in seven years.

“I’m excited for fans to be able to immerse themselves in the sound and to hear the depth and layers of these songs and performances,” Gigaton producer Josh Evans commented in a statement. “It’s truly a unique way to experience this album.”
    Editors' Picks

The “Gigaton Visual Experience” will be presented in both Dolby Atmos and Dolby Vision. After the free seven-day period, customers will be able to purchase or rent the release.

Considering Eddie Vedder & co. were forced to postpone their Gigaton tour because of COVID-19, this audiovisual experience should keep fans happy for the time being. For those looking for more of Pearl Jam, check out our photo gallery celebrating their powerful live shows over the years.

I'm looking forward to this.
    Virginia Beach 2000; Pittsburgh 2000; Columbus 2003; D.C. 2003; Pittsburgh 2006; Virginia Beach 2008; Cleveland 2010; PJ20 2011; Pittsburgh 2013; Baltimore 2013; Charlottesville 2013; Charlotte 2013; Lincoln 2014; Moline 2014; St. Paul 2014; Greenville 2016; Hampton 2016; Lexington 2016; Wrigley 2016; Prague 2018; Krakow 2018; Berlin 2018; Fenway 2018; Camden 2022; St. Paul 2023
  • aliciavaliciav Posts: 48
    edited September 2021
    Post edited by aliciav on

Pearl Jam Offer Visual Album Experience Free for Limited Time
    Pearl Jam Gigaton Visual Album Experience

Pearl Jam's grand plans for the "Gigaton Visual Album Experience" got wiped out last month thanks to the current pandemic, but the band has pivoted to find a way to provide the audio-video experience to fans. They've teamed up with Apple TV, who will initially make it available for free to Apple TV app users for a limited period, before making it available to rent or buy.

Those with the Apple TV app will be able to partake in the unique experience that Pearl Jam had planned for the first seven days that it is available. This opportunity will be available to fans in over 100 countries, but after the seven-day period is up, the "Gigaton Visual Album Experience" will then be available to purchase or rent.

The immersive experience paired eye-catching visuals from Evolve Studios with Dolby Atmos quality audio that was initially meant to be presented in Dolby Atmos-equipped theaters. Now moving to Apple TV, the event will still be available in Dolby Atmos and Dolby Vision.

“I’m excited for fans to be able to immerse themselves in the sound and to hear the depth and layers of these songs and performances" explains Gigaton producer Josh Evans. “It’s truly a unique way to experience this album.”

The "Gigaton Visual Album Experience" goes live at midnight ET / 9PM PT this evening at this location.

Pearl Jam's Gigaton album debuted at No. 5 on the Billboard 200 Album Chart after being released on March 27. So far, the album has yielded the Top 10 rock singles "Dance of the Clairvoyants" and "Superblood Wolfmoon," as well as the preview track "Quick Escape."

Pearl Jams Gigaton album is on Apple TV for free

by Rodney Agha
    April 27, 2020

Pearl Jam's Visual Album Experience 'Gigaton' will be available on Apple TV for free! Well until Thursday that is, after that you will have to pay to rent or purchase. This will be available for Pearl Jam fans in over 100 countries. 

The experience has somewhat hypnotic eye-catching visuals from the folks at Evovle Studios. 

A statement from Apple's marketing material said "Pearl Jam have released their highly anticipated and long waited new album 'Gigaton.' Their 11th album and first in nearly 7 years is already receiving mass critical acclaim as their greatest and most adventurous work to date. This immersive visual album pairs the bands inspired visuals and footage, produced by the award-winning Evolve Studios, to create unparalleled 360 experience that enhances Gigaton's massive scope. Mixed in the revolutionary Dolby Atmos immersive immersive audio format and provided together wit Dolby Vision high dynamic range video, this visual album experience is the first of its kind on Apple TV. With this immersive audio experience, Pearl Jam fans will have a unique opportunity to hear the album in a completely different way."

The producer to Gigaton Josh Evans says “I’m excited for fans to be able to immerse themselves in the sound and to hear the depth and layers of these songs and performances, It’s truly a unique way to experience this album.”

The album debuted at No. 5 on the Billboard 200 Album Charts after its release on 27th March. The album has reached in the Top 10 rock singles for "Dance of the Clairvoyants", "Superblood Wolfmoon" and "Quick Escape".

For fans who fan to see the fully immersive Gigaton experience, they will need to have an Apple TV 4k that's paired with a Dolby-Vision supported 4K HDR TV and a Dolby Atmos-compatible sound system.

The 3D surround effects are amazing, if anyone has ever experienced the Doly Atmos, it makes objects you see on the screen sonically shift from one side of the room to the other. Put this together with the voice of Eddie Vedder and the sonic sounds of Pearl Jam and this would be a pearler!

• i got idi got id Posts: 862
    I assume they’ll sell this either digitally or Blu-ray?
  • igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,147
    i got id said:
    I assume they’ll sell this either digitally or Blu-ray?
    They said it'll be available to purchase or rent. 
    I miss igotid88
    For fans who fan to see the fully immersive Gigaton experience, they will need to have an Apple TV 4k that's paired with a Dolby-Vision supported 4K HDR TV and a Dolby Atmos-compatible sound system.

So, that's all you need>LOL
  • TJ25487TJ25487 Posts: 1,447
    cutz said:

Well we may just be a tad early for this as I bet in a year or two every TV will have this stuff built into it.  ;)
  • ZodZod Posts: 9,945
    It would be cool if they let it output Atmos even if your receiver doesn't have Atmos support.   Atmos is backwards compatible... it outputs as Dolby TrueHD if you have an older receiver.   If I play a bluray with an Atmos track it still sounds epic and amazing.    It's a shame they made it so hard to access the highest audio quality.
  • IALauderIALauder Posts: 14
    Zod said:
    It would be cool if they let it output Atmos even if your receiver doesn't have Atmos support.   Atmos is backwards compatible... it outputs as Dolby TrueHD if you have an older receiver.   If I play a bluray with an Atmos track it still sounds epic and amazing.    It's a shame they made it so hard to access the highest audio quality.
    There seems to be a misunderstanding about Atmos.  Atmos isn't a codec like AC3 or TrueHD, but rather an extension to existing codecs.  That extension can be added to Dolby Digital Plus (which I'm assuming is the case here as the download file seems to be only 5GB) or Dolby TrueHD.

I saw somewhere listing the audio for this as Atmos (most likely Dolby Digital Plus), Dolby Digital Plus 7.1, AAC stereo.  If I had to guess Apple TV is looking at what your device is capable of doing as well as your bandwidth and then deciding on the best possible format.
    TJ25487 said:
    cutz said:

Well we may just be a tad early for this as I bet in a year or two every TV will have this stuff built into it.  ;)
    You're probably right about that. But, by the time I get around buying a new TV there be some other funky format to  listen to music. I'm always WAY  behind  technology.
    Dolby Music | Pearl Jam Gigaton Producer Josh Evans Testimonial

"I was blown away by the emotions in the music. I heard new detail that I hadn’t heard before.”

Mixing your album in Dolby Atmos turns your favorite songs into fully transformative events. Don’t take our word for it – here’s Josh Evans (Producer, Pearl Jam’s Gigaton) on how Dolby Atmos brought Gigaton to life.

See and hear it for yourself with the Gigaton Visual Experience in Dolby Atmos and Dolby Vision*. Free through 4/30 only on Apple TV app.

Watch now: https://dolbylabs.co/PJ_Gigaton

SUBSCRIBE NOW: http://bit.ly/Subscribe_Dolby

About Dolby Atmos Music
    Imagine if there were a way to connect with music at its fullest capacity and creative potential – not the way most people hear music today, but a version that pulls you into a song to reveal what was lost with traditional recordings. Dolby Atmos does just that. Whether it’s a complex harmony of instruments placed around a listener, the unleashing of a legendary guitar solo, a massive bass drop that washes over you, or the subtle breath a singer takes, Dolby Atmos gives music more space and the freedom to unleash every detail and emotion as the artist intended.

Connect with Dolby:
    Visit Dolby WEBSITE: https://professional.dolby.com
    Like Dolby on FACEBOOK: https://www.facebook.com/Dolby/ 
    Follow Dolby on TWITTER: https://twitter.com/Dolby
    Follow Dolby on INSTAGRAM: https://www.instagram.com/dolbylabs/
    Follow Dolby on LINKEDIN: https://www.linkedin.com/company/6229/

Maybe the added 20+ minutes that was to be shown in theatres will be included on the Blu-ray release?

Pearl Jam releases Gigaton Visual Experience on the Apple TV app in Dolby Atmos and Dolby Vision.

“I’m excited for fans to be able to immerse themselves in the sound and to hear the depth and layers of these songs and performances" explains Gigaton producer Josh Evans. “It’s truly a unique way to experience this album.”

The event will be available in Dolby Atmos and Dolby Vision, revolutionary audiovisual technologies developed by Dolby, which will bring the album alive through immersive audio and ultravivid picture quality.*  This audiovisual album experience is available free for a limited time only on the Apple TV app in over 100 countries and regions.**

Read more:  https://lnkd.in/g6NwbVV

#Dolby #DolbyAtmos #DolbyVision #PearlJam #Gigaton #Apple

*To experience the album in Dolby Atmos or Dolby Vision, viewers will need an Apple TV 4K (paired with a Dolby Atmos and/or Dolby Vision enabled device) or compatible iPhone, iPad, or MacBook device.

**Free on the Apple TV app until 11:59PM EST on April 30, 2020

Pearl Jams Gigaton Visual Experience Will Arrive Friday in Home Theaters

• TinaETinaE Germany Posts: 1,216
    demetrios said:
    Maybe the added 20+ minutes that was to be shown in theatres will be included on the Blu-ray release?

Will it be released as a Blu-ray? Hopefully....:how_interesting:

Berlin 07/05/2018; Berlin 06/21/2022; Frankfurt 06/28/2022
    Eddie Vedder Düsseldorf 06/30/2019
    "The future ain't what it used to be..."
  • tschavtschav Posts: 2,759
    demetrios said:
    I was guessing it’d be studio/mixing footage to highlight Atmos - not necessarily a drawn out ad for Dolby but a mini-documentary of the recording process and how the audience would experience the audio. Maybe a bonus feature for a Blu Ray release...
  • Tim SimmonsTim Simmons Posts: 6,865
    Or the runtime was wrong (or included previews) and this is all there is.

Or the runtime was wrong (or included previews) and this is all there is.

It would suck if that was all it was.