Making a difference

PJ has been my inspiration, my north, since 1993. Ed’s chant of “two hands can change the world” at Irvine Meadows many years ago was a game changer for me. 

Anyhow...I do everything I can to make the world and my community a better place, particularly for seniors. This afternoon I received word that I secured a 30k grant to help seniors in my hometown. 

It may seem strange, but I feel compelled to give some credit to PJ. Their example gave me the drive to do whatever I can to make a positive impact as long as I have breath. 

Comments

• PapPap Aspra Spitia, Greece Posts: 28,123
    Kudos to you! :clap:
    Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024 / London 2024
  • Nice...how do you plan to use it?
  • KM187053KM187053 Posts: 2
    It will be primarily used to distribute food, adult diapers, and support services for caregivers. 
  • brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,596
    KM187053 said:
    It will be primarily used to distribute food, adult diapers, and support services for caregivers. 

That's wonderful, KM.  Thank you for doing it!
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• jacquelyncajacquelynca Yay Area CA Posts: 372
    How wonderful!!! Congrats 💞. Please keep us posted on your project. Best of luck!
    IG and twitter - @jacquelynincali

1994 - Bridge School Benefit, Shoreline Mountain View CA
    *** 1995 - 2015 High School, College, Broke, Having Kids***
    2016 - Temple of the Dog, Bill Graham Civic Center Auditorium, San Francisco CA
    2017 - Eddie Vedder, Bourbon and Beyond, Louisville KY
    2018 - The Home Shows, Show 2, Seattle WA
    2019 - Eddie Vedder, Ohana Fest, Dana Point CA
    2020- Oakland Nights 1 and 2
    2020 - Ohana Fest
    2021 - Ohana Fest
    2022 - Oakland 1 and 2

"Watch out for music. It should come with a health warning. It can be dangerous. It can make you feel so alive, so connected to the people around you, and connected to what you really are inside. And it can make you think that the world should, and could, be a much better place. And just occasionally, it can make you very, very happy." -Peter Gabriel