Options

The video game thread.

Comments

• Options
    Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 28,979
    Jason P said:
    Final Fantasy VII Remake  is out this coming friday

DOOM 64 on PS/Xbox is already out.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    KatKat There's a lot to be said for nowhere. Posts: 4,772
    So what is everyone currently playing? For me, it's Destiny, Fallout 76 and I still play Skyrim after all these years. And what games are you eagerly awaiting? For me, it's Starfield and Elder Scrolls VI.
    Falling down,...not staying down
  • Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    Kat said:
    So what is everyone currently playing? For me, it's Destiny, Fallout 76 and I still play Skyrim after all these years. And what games are you eagerly awaiting? For me, it's Starfield and Elder Scrolls VI.
    Been mostly playing Need for Speed.  Helps with releasing pent-up anger :)

(Plus, driving fast badass cars is just...badass...and fun!)
  • Options
    Leathe?ma?Leathe?ma? Яussia Posts: 354
    Kat said:
    Playing God of war, waiting for The last of us 2! 
    Skyrim is endless, played it for two months
  • Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,385
    I don't play a ton of games, but picked up RBI20 for XboxOne a couple of weeks ago because I really miss baseball. (Yes, I know that The Show is much better, but I don't have a PS4 and the $30 purchase was easier to justify to my wife than a $300. LOL)

I've started a season and I play along with what would have been the actual season & I'm enjoying it. I'm playing as the Astros (shocker, I know) and they're off to a decent start! LOL

Be well, all.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    mca47mca47 Posts: 13,252
    Downloaded and have been playing the Resident Evil 3 remake.  It's really good

• Options
    CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,145
    mfc2006 said:
    I don't play a ton of games, but picked up RBI20 for XboxOne a couple of weeks ago because I really miss baseball. (Yes, I know that The Show is much better, but I don't have a PS4 and the $30 purchase was easier to justify to my wife than a $300. LOL)

I've started a season and I play along with what would have been the actual season & I'm enjoying it. I'm playing as the Astros (shocker, I know) and they're off to a decent start! LOL

Be well, all.
    Next year we finally get THE SHOW on Xbox platforms....it’s insane how long it’s been for a real baseball game

i tried an rbi game a few years ago, I couldn’t play more than 5 minutes

ive been playing a bunch of Madden20 to pass time .... my Xbox elite controller crapping out, doesn’t stay on

cant bring it in to swap it.... I got the $20 Best Buy 2yr coverage on it, it’s my 2nd one..... fucking $150 and the thing can’t make it a year, I don’t play that much and don’t abuse my gear

everytime I play Madden w/ standard controllers (have a million around the house) my guys catch the ball and run backwards... those controllers left stix always has lag
  • Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,385
    CROJAM95 said:
    mfc2006 said:

Be well, all.
    Next year we finally get THE SHOW on Xbox platforms....it’s insane how long it’s been for a real baseball game

i tried an rbi game a few years ago, I couldn’t play more than 5 minutes

ive been playing a bunch of Madden20 to pass time .... my Xbox elite controller crapping out, doesn’t stay on

cant bring it in to swap it.... I got the $20 Best Buy 2yr coverage on it, it’s my 2nd one..... fucking $150 and the thing can’t make it a year, I don’t play that much and don’t abuse my gear

everytime I play Madden w/ standard controllers (have a million around the house) my guys catch the ball and run backwards... those controllers left stix always has lag
    Nice!! I didn't know that about The Show! Thanks for the heads up.

RBI20 is a lot better than the last time I played it. (16, maybe?) Still no play by play, but it's doing its job for me right now.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 39,006
    Jason P said:

Anyone play the Doom game yet?

Reviews?
  • Options
    MalrothMalroth broken down chevrolet Posts: 2,485
    Don't play many, but friend bought me Slay the Spire.
    Almost perfect game for me.
    The worst of times..they don't phase me,
    even if I look and act really crazy.
  • Options
    I didn't know The Show was going to Xbox and Nintendo.  That's great for the owners of those consoles!
    So, is Sony San Diego still making the game for those other platforms?  I wonder why the studio they own would allow that to get out?  I mean, they will sell three times as many copies, but you'd think you'd want to hold on to that.  Or does MLB have some say in the licencing of the game to just Sony...perhaps wanting to increase the popularity of the sport.
  • Options
    Jason P said:

Anyone play the Doom game yet?

Reviews?
    My brother said he had a blast. The first NIntendo 64 game we bought back in the day - but we got stuck at like level 3 or something and returned it for Super Mario 64.

Suppose to be great:

https://youtu.be/7WUbyZaPRm0
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    Kat said:
    Not even one Nintendo game?

• Options
    Jason PJason P Posts: 19,123
    Super Mega Baseball 3 is coming out soon (at least it was).  It looks cartoonish but a solid baseball sim lies under the hood so it's an option if you are not playing The Show.

• Options
    mca47 said:
    I didn't know The Show was going to Xbox and Nintendo.  That's great for the owners of those consoles!
    So, is Sony San Diego still making the game for those other platforms?  I wonder why the studio they own would allow that to get out?  I mean, they will sell three times as many copies, but you'd think you'd want to hold on to that.  Or does MLB have some say in the licencing of the game to just Sony...perhaps wanting to increase the popularity of the sport.
    I would think that MLB would want more eyeballs on their product but since my parents don't know who Mike Trout is I'm guessing MLB is unaware that the game even exists.  
  • Options
    Games in my rotation:

The Show
    Civ 6
    Skyrim
    Animal Planet New Horizons
    Luigi's Mansion

I have my fingers crossed on FFVII.  Looking forward to Fallout 76 Wastelanders (if it is ever released).  Think it's coming 4/14

• Options
    I'm most excited to see how the next gen evolves.  I've been looking at building a gaming PC with a $1000 budget and the early specs on PS4 and XBOX show they are using a version of the AMD Ryzen 7 processor I was looking to purchase (that retails for $400 alone) ... from what I can tell if these system retail under $600 they will be a bargain.
  • Options
    Jason P said:
    I'm most excited to see how the next gen evolves.  I've been looking at building a gaming PC with a $1000 budget and the early specs on PS4 and XBOX show they are using a version of the AMD Ryzen 7 processor I was looking to purchase (that retails for $400 alone) ... from what I can tell if these system retail under $600 they will be a bargain.
    I think they'll be similarly priced +/- $100.  If i were a betting man, I'm betting they come in at the $499 mark.  
    Profits will likely be minimal out of the gate.  
  • Options
    Gamespot gave FFVII remake a 100 and they sometimes go years without giving out a perfect score.  Think I know what I'm doing this weekend.
  • Options
    Matts3221Matts3221 Posts: 658

Dragon Warrior Fans - I noticed a few months back that the first three Dragon Warrior games are available on the Switch online store re-done with 16 bit graphics. I loved all those games as a kid and got the first Dragon Warrior free with my Nintendo Power subscription. Dragon Warrior 3 is still the best one ( I wish they had done an upgraded Dragon Warrior IV as that game was great as well )

• Options
    DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,412
    Anything to fill the Last of Us void besides a replay?
  • Options
    angry_skullangry_skull Posts: 321
    Yep Destiny...still Destiny...only time for Deeesssttiinnnnyy.
  • Options
    DewieCox said:
    I replay it at least twice a year. Best Game Ever.
  • Options
    Also I heard they may re-master some games for Mario on switch , if I could get a Super Mario Galaxy 1 & 2 remastered in HD I would be in heave.
  • Options
    MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,611
    edited April 2020
    I wish I could erase the 200-300 hours of Witcher 3 from my memory and play it as if it were new.  
  • Options
    PS Plus free games for April are Dirt Rally 2.0 and Uncharted 4.  Two very solid free games if you have PS Plus.  I don't know why anyone wouldn't at least claim the game so you can download it later.

Dirt Rally 2.0 was a game I heard was impossible to play ... it is know as the Dark Souls of car racing games.  I was pretty surprised about how well it plays with a standard controller.  I did 4 stages in 27 minutes with only having to reset my car once.  It is challenging but once you start figuring out the terms the British copilot is yelling at you it starts to make sense and the cars hold the rut pretty well.   I still can't imagine anyone actually doing this in real life.  It would be like if they removed the stands at the Indy 500 and added alligator pits.
  • Options
    The Xbox Gold free game is Project Cars 2.  This is my review of Project Cars 2:

project cars 1 blew goats but had promise.  project cars 2 adds much more content, tracks, and cars but ultimately still blows goats.  if you like racing car games where it is impossible to steer a majority of the cars, this is your game.

• Options
    Leathe?ma?Leathe?ma? Яussia Posts: 354
    Matts3221 said:
    DewieCox said:
    I replay it at least twice a year. Best Game Ever.
    +++++
  • Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,418
    Finally picked Mario Odyssey back up last week. Last time I played it was 2018. Didn't realize it had been that long.
  • Options
    Finally picked Mario Odyssey back up last week. Last time I played it was 2018. Didn't realize it had been that long.
    After the first reveal, it came off as kind of uninteresting to me...

Not sure why. My brother loved it.