Kiss

Comments

• KISS "Alive 35" tour had a fun setlist. I guess that says something about the Alive! album.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 28,867
    Paul is doing cool stuff during the quarantine

Talking about Love Gun:
    https://youtu.be/PuUtqMN4790

Playing Everytime I Look at You and talks about the Revenge album (and his Martin guitar):

https://youtu.be/PWv1x4JC5HI
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
    Peter Criss is adorable:

• PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,170
    Zzzzzzzzz
    This weekend we rock Portland
    Poncier said:
    Zzzzzzzzz
    Dissing the catman should be a bannable offense.

HE IS ADORABLE
    Going to see KISS here tomorrow in Gothenburg. Will be their last show ever in Sweden it seems.
    Listening to all the solo albums to get me pumped. 

Pauls is growing. Might be the best. 
    Ace is falling.
    Gene is as fun as ever, but mainly the A side
    Peter's is what it is.

Peter's is what it is.
    A piece of garbage.
  • Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,936
    edited June 2022
    Listening to all the solo albums to get me pumped. 

Pauls is growing. Might be the best. 
    Ace is falling.
    Gene is as fun as ever, but mainly the A side
    Peter's is what it is.
    Yeah we always considered Paul's the best. I don't remember Peter's but I think it might have scored slightly higher than Gene's with Ace's being behind Paul.

I think Music from the Elder is a great album though....I'm in the minority
    Post edited by Gern Blansten on
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    edited June 2022
    There aren't really that many rock shows like KISS: Paul is playing up being a rockstar. Gene is sort of in character and doing goofy and entertaining shit on stage all the time. It's more of a theater with the band sort of playing that they are playing rock and roll... more than  being true rock... 

It was a superfun show. Maybe not a "concert"... but a show. The explosions and stuff belong more here than at a Metallica show or something that takes itself serious. 

Here is me and my friend, at my first and last KISS show ever:

Well worth going if you want to have a fun night out... watching a show. Last chance before they retire touring.
    Post edited by Spiritual_Chaos on
  • BrainofBGABrainofBGA Australia Posts: 3,840
    There aren't really that many rock shows like KISS: Paul is playing up being a rockstar. Gene is sort of in character and doing goofy and entertaining shit on stage all the time. It's more of a theater with the band sort of playing that they are playing rock and roll... more than  being true rock... 

It was a superfun show. Maybe not a "concert"... but a show. The explosions and stuff belong more here than at a Metallica show or something that takes itself serious. 

Well worth going if you want to have a fun night out... watching a show. Last chance before they retire touring.
    awesome, seeing them here in Australia in August 🤞 after two recent postponements. Really hope it goes ahead this time. 
    Melbourne #1 '98
    Melbourne #2 '03
    Melbourne #3 '03
    Melbourne #1 '06
    Melbourne #3 '06
    Melbourne '09
    Melbourne '14

This was your first time seeing them?
    Are you Peter Criss or Vinnie Vincent in the photo?

They are always entertaining.

They were even good in the no make up years (I saw a handful of shows in the Bruce Kulick days, one with Eric Carr and a few with Singer), but the full make up, fire and blood spectacle is really what it's all about.
    First time I saw them would have been 1982/83 for the Creatures of the Night tour.

Vinnie Vincent made his debut on that tour. I really liked that album. That was the tour that had the tank turret on stage.

2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    First time I saw them would have been 1982/83 for the Creatures of the Night tour.

Vinnie Vincent made his debut on that tour. I really liked that album. That was the tour that had the tank turret on stage.
    They kept the turret for their Lick it up tour... at least the european leg I think.. :)
    But yes, Creatures of the Night is a genuine great alum. The drumsound is amazing. And cool cover.

Poncier said:

This was your first time seeing them?
    Are you Peter Criss or Vinnie Vincent in the photo?

They are always entertaining.

They were even good in the no make up years (I saw a handful of shows in the Bruce Kulick days, one with Eric Carr and a few with Singer), but the full make up, fire and blood spectacle is really what it's all about.
    Yes. First show. And last then I would imagine. In retrospect, I should have seen them in 2017 but skipped it.

Even with Paul lipsyncing and Eric fakeplaying piano and stuff... I have to say it was pure entertainment and very fun. I would imagine all kids going with their parents left with a grin on their faces.

I'm Vinnie.

They kept the turret for their Lick it up tour... at least the european leg I think.. :)
    But yes, Creatures of the Night is a genuine great alum. The drumsound is amazing. And cool cover.

I didn't care for the Lick it Up single but the album was pretty good. I also bought Animalize but totally lost interest after that. I couldn't take "Uh all night"

I didn't care for the Lick it Up single but the album was pretty good. I also bought Animalize but totally lost interest after that. I couldn't take "Uh all night"
    ASYLUM is nice. Cant take the Paul shrieking. 
    j
  • Cropduster-80Cropduster-80 Posts: 2,034
    I kind of regret never seeing them if only for the experience. That looks crazy 
  • LoujoeLoujoe Posts: 7,596
    New respect for KISS.

Old news, new to me.(maybe you)
    They donated a KISS coffin to Dimebag Darrell to be buried in. He was a huge fan.

RIP DD (still)
    They are worth seeing just for the production. I was a huge fan in the 80s and saw them for the Creatures of the Night tour and the Lick It Up tour. For COTN they had a fucking tank turret on stage that the drums sat on. It would rotate and fire.

They lost me after their Animalize album. Just got too poppy for me. If I would have listened to their albums I probably would have stuck around because their singles were pop crap but they still had some solid stuff.

The last time I saw them was probably 20 years ago. They were on a co-headlining tour with Aerosmith. We actually left during Aerosmith because Kiss just blew them off the stage that night. That seems like blasphemy now.

• mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,409
    Going to be leaving Sonic Temple Saturday show early so I can miss this horrible,  lip syncing money whore band.......
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
    Ahh mrat. How do you really feel. Love you bud!!
    I saw them once. Unmasked. I don't remember when. They were good I think. I didn't hate it!
  • I kind of regret never seeing them if only for the experience. That looks crazy 
    They are worth seeing just for the production. I was a huge fan in the 80s and saw them for the Creatures of the Night tour and the Lick It Up tour. For COTN they had a fucking tank turret on stage that the drums sat on. It would rotate and fire.

They lost me after their Animalize album. Just got too poppy for me. If I would have listened to their albums I probably would have stuck around because their singles were pop crap but they still had some solid stuff.

The last time I saw them was probably 20 years ago. They were on a co-headlining tour with Aerosmith. We actually left during Aerosmith because Kiss just blew them off the stage that night. That seems like blasphemy now.
    Not a fan of Animalize (or Lick it up). But Asylum is ”great”. 
  • mickeyrat said:
    Going to be leaving Sonic Temple Saturday show early so I can miss this horrible,  lip syncing money whore band.......
    edgy
    edited February 2023

Not a fan of Animalize (or Lick it up). But Asylum is ”great”. 
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kxaAQgZgP6g

Blasphemy

what weirds me out is I thought they were a bunch of old farts in 1984 when this stuff came out....Simmons was only about 35