Options

First of 2 albums??

Comments

• Options
    mace1229 said:
    I do wish it was asked in that variety piece where Josh goes through each track. He mentions recording started happening in 2017, which also seems to be when they recorded that group of songs with Can’t Deny Me with Brendan. Stone has said that CDM was what they thought was the best song of that group. 
    I’m do wonder why the switch of producers was made, but still keep Brendan around to do keys. 
    He only did keys on 1 or 2 songs, right?
    Yes both QE and Retrograde, which seem to be early songs in the process. 
    looking to hear of the earth
  • Options
    mace1229mace1229 Posts: 9,008
    mace1229 said:
    I do wish it was asked in that variety piece where Josh goes through each track. He mentions recording started happening in 2017, which also seems to be when they recorded that group of songs with Can’t Deny Me with Brendan. Stone has said that CDM was what they thought was the best song of that group. 
    I’m do wonder why the switch of producers was made, but still keep Brendan around to do keys. 
    Just a guess, but I assumed those may have been recorded with BO’B in those sessions. Because it would be weird to fire a producer but have him come back to play for his replacement.
    Those may have been the only songs for that “forthcoming” album, or they only good ones they decided to keep.
    But that song by song article with Josh doesnt make sense if that’s the case. So who knows.
  • Options
    mace1229 said:
    mace1229 said:
    Just a guess, but I assumed those may have been recorded with BO’B in those sessions. Because it would be weird to fire a producer but have him come back to play for his replacement.
    Those may have been the only songs for that “forthcoming” album, or they only good ones they decided to keep.
    But that song by song article with Josh doesnt make sense if that’s the case. So who knows.
    If they were recorded by Brendan I feel like he would have been given credit, much like he was for CDM. Something is definitely strange about all this, from the silence and misdirection of the band. 
    Josh is saying they had been working on it since 2017, there are songs and producers from other sessions during 2017. Remember those articles from the last two years where Jeff and Mike say they have no idea what is going on with the record. All very strange. 
  • Options
    unforgivenunforgiven Posts: 378
    mace1229 said:
    mace1229 said:
    It is possible that he wasn't fired and the parting was something much more amicable then that, maybe he didn't have time or there was a reason he couldn't complete the recording. He may have even suggested Josh replace him!
  • Options
    HendonesiaHendonesia Posts: 106
    Ok, fuck it, I'm in. 2nd album here we come. 
    "Society..you're a crazy breed. I hope you're not lonely without me.."
  • Options
    It could happen :) And even if it doesn't, rumors about new material keep me swirling the message boards like mad. Love this feeling! And don't mind my ridiculous mock up - I actually feel bad that I'm covering up MTV unplugged with G2 - But these would look so good on the shelf together! What do you think - Red for their Quick Escape to Mars?

06/29/98:Chicago, IL;10/08/00:East Troy, WI;06/18/03:Chicago, IL;06/21/03:East Troy, WI; 05/16/06:Chicago, IL;06/29/06:Milwaukee, WI;06/30/06:Milwaukee, WI;08/05/07:Chicago, IL; 08/24/09:Chicago, IL;06/28/2011:Chicago, IL (Ed Solo);07/19/13:Wrigley Field;08/22/16:Wrigley Field
  • Options
    JPPJ84JPPJ84 Hamburg, Germany Posts: 3,440
    It could happen :) And even if it doesn't, rumors about new material keep me swirling the message boards like mad. Love this feeling! And don't mind my ridiculous mock up - I actually feel bad that I'm covering up MTV unplugged with G2 - But these would look so good on the shelf together! What do you think - Red for their Quick Escape to Mars?

I‘m in!
  • Options
    If the second album is the scrapped CDM sessions where that was the best song, I’d be fine waiting 7 years again for another Gigaton instead.
  • Options
    But by the end of this quarantine they very well have another album ready to go!
  • Options
    mace1229 said:
    If the second album is the scrapped CDM sessions where that was the best song, I’d be fine waiting 7 years again for another Gigaton instead.
    The thing is, according to all the info we have, Quick Escape and Retrograde seem to be part of that group. 
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,539
    I hope this is true!
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    given2fly23given2fly23 Evanston, IL Posts: 5,881
    I don't think the Side A and half-stamp on the binding are by accident. They're meticulous about the artwork and those are two very obvious hints, IMO. 
    Found: Soundgarden Hyde Park DVD (Thank you for the gift!)
    Posters for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/117469/posters-for-sale
    T-Shirts for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/149289/pj-t-shirt-trade-or-sale
  • Options
    Side A on the cd doesn’t seem like a hint to me, since there is one side of a cd with music. The cd also says 500 rpm, mimicking the vinyl. The half of a lung (or flame) on the other hand...
  • Options
    I don't think the Side A and half-stamp on the binding are by accident. They're meticulous about the artwork and those are two very obvious hints, IMO. 
    They’re not THAT meticulous... the lyrics aren’t even 100% correct. 
    Other than that I think so too and I sure hope you’re right!!! 
  • Options
    CrewCrew Posts: 299
    The very last page of the LP booklet has the "lungs" logo, all by itself. 

Half of it is on the spine, and the other half is literally the last thing in the book.. why wouldn't it be all 3 logos, like the original album teaser image?  Why just that one alone, specifically?  *shrug*
  • Options
    EilianEilian Posts: 276
    mr bungle said:
    I think there’s something to this, considering the rumours about a double album. Plus, right now we assume that Can’t deny me just got cut off the album, but what if they put it n the second half of Gigaton, then the “from the forthcoming album” would still be true
    Yep.. i'm convinced there was an entire album ready to roll early to mid 2018.  For reasons unknown it was scrapped, and I think most of Gigaton was written and recorded afterwards. I agree that they will revisit the unreleased material from the Can't deny me sessions and release another album pretty quick.
    Could it have been a scheduling conflict with Brendan O'Brien - Pearl Jam missed their slot and Brendan had to go do something else. So they went with another producer, doing new things.

And now maybe Brendan have time to revisit those old sessions. 

Maybe.
    I’d fucking love this. O’Brien knows how to get the best out of them to my ear.
  • Options
    GibsonGibson Toronto Posts: 2,531
    Maybe Ole and Can't Deny me finally get the album treatment they deserve  ;)
    1998: Barrie  2000: Toronto  2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Toronto  2006: Toronto 1&2, Paris, Milan, Torino, Pistoia  2009: Calgary, Vancouver  2011: Canada  2013: London, Wrigley, Philly 1&2  2014: St. Louis, ACL 1, Detroit  2016: Lexington, Quebec, Ottawa, Toronto 1&2, Fenway 1&2, Wrigley 1&2  2017: EV - Louisville  2018: London 1&2, Milan, Padova, Rome, Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Wrigley 1&2, Fenway 1&2  2020: Toronto, Ottawa, Hamilton  2021: London 1&2  2022: Hamilton, Toronto  2023: Chicago 1&2, Noblesville  2024:

• Options
    Crew said:
    The very last page of the LP booklet has the "lungs" logo, all by itself. 

Half of it is on the spine, and the other half is literally the last thing in the book.. why wouldn't it be all 3 logos, like the original album teaser image?  Why just that one alone, specifically?  *shrug*
    So you’re saying there are three albums! ;)
  • Options
    Long RedLong Red NY Posts: 185
    We are like baby birds. Always wanting more. Anyone remember that old 10 Club shirt?
  • Options
    Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 29,006
    Long Red said:
    We are like baby birds. Always wanting more. Anyone remember that old 10 Club shirt?
    The first one I bought from the store I think. Don't know where it is. 
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    moleculemolecule Posts: 611

WELL DONE :clap:
    🤙
  • Options
    Red MosqitoRed Mosqito Posts: 1,229
    What I think is really ironic is the fact they're incorporating artwork of a pair of lungs on the new album that was released during a pandemic where the virus affects the respiratory system. 
  • Options
    tschavtschav Posts: 2,768
    Well clearly they’re going to hold the second album hostage until the election. Vote 45 out, more new songs! Re-elected, you get the Ole/CDM sessions!
  • Options
    JoostoneJoostone Posts: 230
    mace1229 said:
    I think there’s something to this, considering the rumours about a double album. Plus, right now we assume that Can’t deny me just got cut off the album, but what if they put it n the second half of Gigaton, then the “from the forthcoming album” would still be true
    I don’t think CDM just got cut. According to josh the only songs every seriously considered are the ones on it. He said they never even recorded anything else. Whatever CDM was intended for was something completely different and scrapped entirely. Who knows if that was the only song or how close they actually were to an album. Given that Gigaton is a new producer with all new songs, it makes sense that the previous album hadn’t gotten very far. Unless they just didn’t like it any the material and would be embarrassed to release it, to go though all those changes seems unlikely to me there was something nearly ready to go.
    That's not what Josh said. He said that he only mixed those songs on Gigaton. They have recorded many more. In different stages of being finished.

PJ: Pinkpop 2000, Sydney I/II/III 2003, Adelaide 2003, Arnhem 2006, Antwerp 2006, Berlin 2006, Dusseldorf 2007, Nijmegen 2007, Werchter 2007, Rotterdam 2009, Berlin 2009, Nijmegen 2010, Amsterdam I/II 2012, Amsterdam I/II 2014, Amsterdam I/II 2018, Pinkpop 2018, Werchter 2018, Pinkpop 2022, Budapest 2022, Krakow 2022, Amsterdam 2022.
    EV: Amsterdam II 2012, Amsterdam I/III 2017, Amsterdam I 2019
    Brad: Zoetermeer & Utrecht 2013
    Soundgarden: Pinkpop 2012, Amsterdam 2013, Utrecht 2014
  • Options
    BettrMan21BettrMan21 Chattanooga,Tn Posts: 274
    If Quick Escape and Retrograde were a part of the Can't Deny Me sessions and Stone thinks CDM is the best of that group?!? Well then I think I question Stone's sanity =)
  • Options
    molecule said:

WELL DONE :clap:
    Just doing my part to fan the flames ;) 
    06/29/98:Chicago, IL;10/08/00:East Troy, WI;06/18/03:Chicago, IL;06/21/03:East Troy, WI; 05/16/06:Chicago, IL;06/29/06:Milwaukee, WI;06/30/06:Milwaukee, WI;08/05/07:Chicago, IL; 08/24/09:Chicago, IL;06/28/2011:Chicago, IL (Ed Solo);07/19/13:Wrigley Field;08/22/16:Wrigley Field
  • Options
    vercemanverceman Posts: 680
    My theory on BOB is that the band decided to self produce the album, using Josh as an engineer, and he did so much extra work during the process that they elevated him to producer, giving him producer credit (which also gives him extra coin I think).

I am totally on board with the second album theory, but also not holding my breath due to "forthcoming" and the continued delay of the fan club singles which were being "finalized" many months ago. 
  • Options
    awilkinsawilkins Posts: 984
    I'm still waiting for Big, Bold, and Free!
  • Options
    DW183354DW183354 NYC Posts: 126
    Another thing... notice the very last two words in the album booklet are "only.one" 

What does that mean? I googled it and nothing comes up. Is it a charity org I'm unaware of? Or does it have a deeper meaning...only one of what??

This is crazy but I'm a believer. Theres more. I bet there's more. 
  • Options
    CrewCrew Posts: 299
    edited March 2020
    DW183354 said:
    Another thing... notice the very last two words in the album booklet are "only.one" 

What does that mean? I googled it and nothing comes up. Is it a charity org I'm unaware of? Or does it have a deeper meaning...only one of what??

This is crazy but I'm a believer. Theres more. I bet there's more. 
    It's a URL, sadly.  I thought the same thing, though..!

Type it into the search bar in your browser.  It takes you to a startup of some humanitarian effort / mailing list.