Repub Party

Comments

• CM189191CM189191 Minneapolis via Chicago Posts: 6,786
    static111 said:
    CM189191 said:
    ireddit
    Pretty drastic.  I thought we were supposed to be about taking baby steps in the right direction?

For me this is baby steps. 

You want a revolution or not?

Revolutions don't happen by voting for losers like Bernie. 
    WI 6/27/98 WI 10/8/00 MO 10/11/00 IL 4/23/03 MN 6/26/06 MN 6/27/06 WI 6/30/06 IL 8/5/07 IL 8/21/08 (EV) IL 8/22/08 (EV) IL 8/23/09 IL 8/24/09 IN 5/7/10 IL 6/28/11 (EV) IL 6/29/11 (EV) WI 9/3/11 WI 9/4/11 IL 7/19/13 NE 10/09/14 IL 10/17/14 MN 10/19/14 FL 4/11/16 IL 8/20/16 IL 8/22/16 IL 08/18/18 IL 08/20/18 IT 07/05/2020 AT 07/07/2020
  • static111static111 Posts: 4,889
    CM189191 said:
    static111 said:
    CM189191 said:
    ireddit
    Pretty drastic.  I thought we were supposed to be about taking baby steps in the right direction?

I’m all ready for the revolution. I’m just surprised after our exchange where you thought that giving 100% of people in America health care was a radical idea.  Some real shit needs to happen. Things are bad loads of my friends and myself are without work. Some people can’t even register for unemployment and rent is still due amongst other things. It’s like a slow cooker recipe for violent revolution.  Anyone that doesn’t think pausing/forgiving payments  bills, etc and allowing free healthcare to those that need it at this time has no care for other humans. 
    Scio me nihil scire

There are no kings inside the gates of eden
  • mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,602
    static111 said:
    CM189191 said:
    static111 said:
    CM189191 said:
    ireddit

I’m all ready for the revolution. I’m just surprised after our exchange where you thought that giving 100% of people in America health care was a radical idea.  Some real shit needs to happen. Things are bad loads of my friends and myself are without work. Some people can’t even register for unemployment and rent is still due amongst other things. It’s like a slow cooker recipe for violent revolution.  Anyone that doesn’t think pausing/forgiving payments  bills, etc and allowing free healthcare to those that need it at this time has no care for other humans. 
    REally?  Burn it all down?  Anarchy?  Bastille Day?  You're cool with a bunch of innocent people dying?  Fascinating.  
    edited March 2020
    static111 said:
    CM189191 said:
    static111 said:
    CM189191 said:
    ireddit

You need to learn about the law that just passed. You need to learn about the pause that AG's and regulators are putting on collections.  Learn about the re-age rules and TDR's that the OCC has just implemented.  Learn about rent abatements.  Learn about the SBA getting ready to distribute billions in no interest, practically note free loans to businesses under 500 employees who don't furlough.  
    static111 said:
    CM189191 said:
    static111 said:
    CM189191 said:
    ireddit

I'm not referring to our current medical emergency. I'm talking about healthcare as a political platform.  I'm all for universal healthcare,  healthcare is a basic human right imho. 

Universal Healthcare != M4A

M4A is DOA
    WI 6/27/98 WI 10/8/00 MO 10/11/00 IL 4/23/03 MN 6/26/06 MN 6/27/06 WI 6/30/06 IL 8/5/07 IL 8/21/08 (EV) IL 8/22/08 (EV) IL 8/23/09 IL 8/24/09 IN 5/7/10 IL 6/28/11 (EV) IL 6/29/11 (EV) WI 9/3/11 WI 9/4/11 IL 7/19/13 NE 10/09/14 IL 10/17/14 MN 10/19/14 FL 4/11/16 IL 8/20/16 IL 8/22/16 IL 08/18/18 IL 08/20/18 IT 07/05/2020 AT 07/07/2020
    mrussel1 said:
    static111 said:
    CM189191 said:
    static111 said:
    CM189191 said:
    ireddit

You need to learn about the law that just passed. You need to learn about the pause that AG's and regulators are putting on collections.  Learn about the re-age rules and TDR's that the OCC has just implemented.  Learn about rent abatements.  Learn about the SBA getting ready to distribute billions in no interest, practically note free loans to businesses under 500 employees who don't furlough.  
    A pause is not forgiveness.  So what when this is all over people will have 4,6,8 months etc of back bills to make up before they can even begin getting ahead again.  Sounds fair to me but hey at least the wealthy and business class will get their payments.  I’m not gonna pretend I know any of the acronyms you are using.  Will any of those keep a person who is forced out of work from losing everything and going into further debt while this crisis goes on.  I mean is a rent abatement going to keep people from having to back pay months of rent when they had no income?
    Scio me nihil scire

edited March 2020
    static111 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    static111 said:
    CM189191 said:
    static111 said:
    CM189191 said:
    ireddit

A pause is not forgiveness.  So what when this is all over people will have 4,6,8 months etc of back bills to make up before they can even begin getting ahead again.  Sounds fair to me but hey at least the wealthy and business class will get their payments.  I’m not gonna pretend I know any of the acronyms you are using.  Will any of those keep a person who is forced out of work from losing everything and going into further debt while this crisis goes on.  I mean is a rent abatement going to keep people from having to back pay months of rent when they had no income?
    That doesn't make any sense.  A person that is unemployed is slated to receive 100% of their income (assuming it's calculated by 2018) for at least 4 months, along with the $1200 check plus $500 for each child.  Why should their debt be forgiven?  Have you read the relief act at all?
    Post edited by mrussel1 on
    edited March 2020
    Yes I have read the relief act.  Not everyone will get relief.  Unfortunately I don’t have a financial cushion to help anyone else out or I would.  I do have like 4 rolls of TP that I would like to donate. Additionally that money isn’t going to be available by rent day.  Again this bailout is enamoring people  because there is a very small individual benefit to some, all the while the financial tricksters will get their hands on those interest free loans through loop holes and come out ahead when and if we ever go back to normal.  Loads of real estate that is defaulted and small businesses will be snapped up by predatory investors looking at this crisis as a business opportunity.  This isn’t the first time this type of financial crisis has happened in my lifetime.  Judging by the fact that the last one was less severe I am predicting that we will probably see at least double the corporate shenanigans as 2008. I mean I’m not gonna spend my 1200 to build a guillotine like CM189 suggested above but if the going gets bad Im not going to be on the side of the “let them eat cake” crowd.
    Post edited by static111 on
    Scio me nihil scire

static111 said:
    Yes I have read the relief act.  Not everyone will get relief.  Unfortunately I don’t have a financial cushion to help anyone else out or I would.  I do have like 4 rolls of TP that I would like to donate. Additionally that money isn’t going to be available by rent day.  Again this bailout is enamoring people  because there is a very small individual benefit to some, all the while the financial tricksters will get their hands on those interest free loans through loop holes and come out ahead when and if we ever go back to normal.  Loads of real estate that is defaulted and small businesses will be snapped up by predatory investors looking at this crisis as a business opportunity.  This isn’t the first time this type of financial crisis has happened in my lifetime.  Judging by the fact that the last one was less severe I am predicting that we will probably see at least double the corporate shenanigans as 2008.
    Can you explain how the financial tricksters that qualify for the SBA (businesses under 500 people) will screw you on this one?  Just curious.  And are you saying 2% of them will screw you, or all of them? 

You said earlier you are out of work now.  Are you saying that you will not qualify for the one time check nor the unemployment insurance?  If your complaint is that it's not in your bank account now, well no one can practically help that.  Three weeks is the estimated time.  And no landlord can evict you in any state that I know of that quickly, especially when basically all of the civil courts right now are closed.  And you can't evict without a civil judgment. 

mrussel1 said:
    static111 said:
    Yes I have read the relief act.  Not everyone will get relief.  Unfortunately I don’t have a financial cushion to help anyone else out or I would.  I do have like 4 rolls of TP that I would like to donate. Additionally that money isn’t going to be available by rent day.  Again this bailout is enamoring people  because there is a very small individual benefit to some, all the while the financial tricksters will get their hands on those interest free loans through loop holes and come out ahead when and if we ever go back to normal.  Loads of real estate that is defaulted and small businesses will be snapped up by predatory investors looking at this crisis as a business opportunity.  This isn’t the first time this type of financial crisis has happened in my lifetime.  Judging by the fact that the last one was less severe I am predicting that we will probably see at least double the corporate shenanigans as 2008.
    Can you explain how the financial tricksters that qualify for the SBA (businesses under 500 people) will screw you on this one?  Just curious.  And are you saying 2% of them will screw you, or all of them? 

You said earlier you are out of work now.  Are you saying that you will not qualify for the one time check nor the unemployment insurance?  If your complaint is that it's not in your bank account now, well no one can practically help that.  Three weeks is the estimated time.  And no landlord can evict you in any state that I know of that quickly, especially when basically all of the civil courts right now are closed.  And you can't evict without a civil judgment. 

“On the plus side, it would force corporations that obtain emergency loans from the federal government to forgo dividends and stock buybacks and limit the compensation of their senior executives. But the bill also contains a clause that allows Steve Mnuchin, the Treasury Secretary, to waive these requirements if he deems it “necessary to protect the interests of the Federal Government.” And there is a separate provision of the bill that appears to have been specifically designed to help Boeing, a highly profitable company that brought its financial troubles on itself by building an unsafe airplane, the Boeing 737 Max.

In another disappointment, the authors of the bill ignored calls for the government to give the taxpayers an equity stake in the companies they rescue, which is what the Reconstruction Finance Corporation did during the Great Depression. The bailouts will be provided in the form of loans rather than stock, and many of these loans will be provided through the Federal Reserve. Supposedly, there will be real-time oversight from an independent board and an Inspector General. But it’s far from clear how this will work in practice.” The New Yorker

I’m doing more research. Like I’ve said before I am ok to weather the storm for a couple months.  I am more worried about friends and others. And also worried that this is another disaster in which the rich will get richer.

Scio me nihil scire

Not to mention the Trump administration is over seeing all of this while the EPA scaled back almost all requirements very quietly.
    Scio me nihil scire

static111 said:
    Yes I have read the relief act.  Not everyone will get relief.  Unfortunately I don’t have a financial cushion to help anyone else out or I would.  I do have like 4 rolls of TP that I would like to donate. Additionally that money isn’t going to be available by rent day.  Again this bailout is enamoring people  because there is a very small individual benefit to some, all the while the financial tricksters will get their hands on those interest free loans through loop holes and come out ahead when and if we ever go back to normal.  Loads of real estate that is defaulted and small businesses will be snapped up by predatory investors looking at this crisis as a business opportunity.  This isn’t the first time this type of financial crisis has happened in my lifetime.  Judging by the fact that the last one was less severe I am predicting that we will probably see at least double the corporate shenanigans as 2008. I mean I’m not gonna spend my 1200 to build a guillotine like CM189 suggested above but if the going gets bad Im not going to be on the side of the “let them eat cake” crowd.
    Interesting you chose to edit your post to advocate for violence, when the original post was more rational.  Have you ever studied the French Revolution?  It was one of the great political abominations in modern history and all it led to was a dictatorship, back to royalty, back to dictatorship, back to royalty, then finally Belle Epoque.  It accomplished nothing but bloodshed, suffering and misery.  But yeah, let's celebrate Jacobins and let's name our favorite left wing rag after them and fucking Robespierre.
    static111 said:
    Not to mention the Trump administration is over seeing all of this while the EPA scaled back almost all requirements very quietly.
    Well that's not changing until January at best.  So you can kind of choose to focus on the things in the bill that will help you, or dwell on Boeing getting money.  I'm not worried about Boeing right now.  
    mrussel1 said:
    static111 said:
    Interesting you chose to edit your post to advocate for violence, when the original post was more rational.  Have you ever studied the French Revolution?  It was one of the great political abominations in modern history and all it led to was a dictatorship, back to royalty, back to dictatorship, back to royalty, then finally Belle Epoque.  It accomplished nothing but bloodshed, suffering and misery.  But yeah, let's celebrate Jacobins and let's name our favorite left wing rag after them and fucking Robespierre.
    Nowhere did I advocate for violence I think you are reading into the statement.  I edited it in hopes to make clear I wasn’t advocating violence. I stated I would not be building a guillotine. Also I thought I was clear that I would not be on the side of the ultra wealthy elites. Sorry you took it that way.
    back to the matter at hand.  Even if 2% of corporations abuse the bill we are talking potentially billions.  If 2% abuse the unemployment package we are talking maybe hundreds of thousands, hardly the same thing.
    Scio me nihil scire

mrussel1 said:
    static111 said:
    Well that's not changing until January at best.  So you can kind of choose to focus on the things in the bill that will help you, or dwell on Boeing getting money.  I'm not worried about Boeing right now.  
    Also thanks for having these discussions here in AMT.  it’s one of my only outlets on lockdown.  The park that my daughter and I usually walk to was closed today and I am in a sour mood.
    Scio me nihil scire

static111 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    static111 said:
    Also thanks for having these discussions here in AMT.  it’s one of my only outlets on lockdown.  The park that my daughter and I usually walk to was closed today and I am in a sour mood.
    We're all going a little stir crazy.  I didn't leave the house this week other than to walk/ run the dogs.  I hope you start to feel optimistic.  What happened today is more aggressive than any action taken since the New Deal,  and that was four years after the crash. im hopeful,  not down personally. 
  • dignindignin Posts: 9,303

New disclosure reveals Sen. Kelly Loeffler and her husband dumped retail stock and bought shares in a company that manufacturers medical supplies

https://www.businessinsider.com/sen-loeffler-dumped-more-retail-stock-in-new-disclosures-coronavirus-2020-4?utm_source=reddit.com
    dignin said:

New disclosure reveals Sen. Kelly Loeffler and her husband dumped retail stock and bought shares in a company that manufacturers medical supplies

https://www.businessinsider.com/sen-loeffler-dumped-more-retail-stock-in-new-disclosures-coronavirus-2020-4?utm_source=reddit.com

Can't read due to ad-blocker, but I always feel like this needs to be pointed out : 

....her husband is Jeffrey Sprecher CEO of Intercontinental Exchange, and chairman of the New York Stock Exchange...

It's impossible they did not know this was insider trading.  They thought they wouldn't get caught. 
  • mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,368
    CM189191 said:
    dignin said:

Can't read due to ad-blocker, but I always feel like this needs to be pointed out : 

....her husband is Jeffrey Sprecher CEO of Intercontinental Exchange, and chairman of the New York Stock Exchange...

It's impossible they did not know this was insider trading.  They thought they wouldn't get caught. 
    Exactly.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 7,638
    CM189191 said:
    dignin said:

Spot on. I’ve traded stocks for about 5 years and it’s nothing but manipulation on every level. From chat rooms pumping penny stocks, all the way up to these types of situations. 
    CM189191 said:
    dignin said:

How does being chairman of the NYSE make a difference either way?
  • OnWis97OnWis97 St. Paul, MN Posts: 4,814
    CM189191 said:
    dignin said:

Or...they knew if they did get caught nothing would come of it.  At least not until Pizzagate gets its due diligence.
    1995 Milwaukee     1998 Alpine, Alpine     2003 Albany, Boston, Boston, Boston     2004 Boston, Boston     2006 Hartford, St. Paul (Petty), St. Paul (Petty)     2011 Alpine, Alpine     
    2013 Wrigley     2014 St. Paul     2016 Fenway, Fenway, Wrigley, Wrigley     2018 Missoula, Wrigley, Wrigley     2021 Asbury Park     2022 St Louis     2023 Austin, Austin
  • KatKat There's a lot to be said for nowhere. Posts: 4,769
    And now the Supreme Court has been corrupted. Soul-eater admitted that if more people voted, his party wouldn't win elections...the voter suppression continues. :(

Falling down,...not staying down
    Kat said:
    And now the Supreme Court has been corrupted. Soul-eater admitted that if more people voted, his party wouldn't win elections...the voter suppression continues. :(

I cannot not amplify this enough for the people who believed during 2016 that:
    • both sides are bad
    • the establishment is out to get Bernie
    • the deep state is out to get tRUmp
    • protest votes were a good idea
    • 3rd party is a viable option
    While we had an Obama SUPREME COURT JUDGE APPOINTMENT USURPED BY THE GOP

Elections have consequences.  Vote early, vote often!
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,258
    https://twitter.com/markmobility/status/1247708734865977346?s=21
    Scott is to blame for not having online applications available for its citizens!
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
    So remember, the whole reason the GOP in Wisconsin fought against the extended mail in ballot is that they though their people would show up at the polls for the supreme court election.  Alas...they didn't.  A liberal judge won the seat.  This is good news and it puts in jeopardy the plan to purge the voter roles.  

https://www.businessinsider.com/wisconsin-primary-supreme-court-race-live-results-updates-vote-counts-2020-4
  • SmellymanSmellyman Asia Posts: 4,517

mrussel1 said:
    So remember, the whole reason the GOP in Wisconsin fought against the extended mail in ballot is that they though their people would show up at the polls for the supreme court election.  Alas...they didn't.  A liberal judge won the seat.  This is good news and it puts in jeopardy the plan to purge the voter roles.  

https://www.businessinsider.com/wisconsin-primary-supreme-court-race-live-results-updates-vote-counts-2020-4

Sweet
  • Halifax2TheMaxHalifax2TheMax Posts: 36,481
    The first one I can recall was Palm Beach County, Board of Canvassers, Bush vs. Gore, 2000. Except then, it was over weight White guys in pink polo shirts, popped collars, dockers shorts and loafers, no socks.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/lifestyle/style/that-ohio-protest-photo-looked-like-a-zombie-movie-zombie-movie-directors-think-so-too/2020/04/17/b518fc48-801c-11ea-9040-68981f488eed_story.html
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,258
    The first one I can recall was Palm Beach County, Board of Canvassers, Bush vs. Gore, 2000. Except then, it was over weight White guys in pink polo shirts, popped collars, dockers shorts and loafers, no socks.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/lifestyle/style/that-ohio-protest-photo-looked-like-a-zombie-movie-zombie-movie-directors-think-so-too/2020/04/17/b518fc48-801c-11ea-9040-68981f488eed_story.html
    Great descriptions!
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Halifax2TheMaxHalifax2TheMax Posts: 36,481
    When is this party going to abandon this POS? Really, what is it going to take? Is this really the best you have to offer the American people?

https://www.cnn.com/2020/04/22/politics/trump-pence-georgia-governor-brian-kemp/index.html
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
This discussion has been closed.