Selling my McCready Signed & Aged Les Paul...

Comments

• I'm curious to what this will actually sell for?
  • bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,490
    What a sweet guitar. 
  • gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 St. Fuckin Louis Posts: 22,130
    god damn i would give one of my balls for that.
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • god damn i would give one of my balls for that.
    He said to DM.
  • dudemandudeman Posts: 2,962
    Wow! Good luck with the sale. That's a beautiful guitar!
    If hope can grow from dirt like me, it can be done. - EV
  • 2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,090
    I'm curious to what this will actually sell for?
    You-could-sell-your-entire-Pearl-Jam-collection-and-still-not-have-enough-money-to-buy-it-price.
    www.cluthelee.com
  • CM189191CM189191 Minneapolis via Chicago Posts: 6,786
    You-could-sell-your-entire-Pearl-Jam-collection-and-still-not-have-enough-money-to-buy-it-price.
    ...well that's debatable...
    WI 6/27/98 WI 10/8/00 MO 10/11/00 IL 4/23/03 MN 6/26/06 MN 6/27/06 WI 6/30/06 IL 8/5/07 IL 8/21/08 (EV) IL 8/22/08 (EV) IL 8/23/09 IL 8/24/09 IN 5/7/10 IL 6/28/11 (EV) IL 6/29/11 (EV) WI 9/3/11 WI 9/4/11 IL 7/19/13 NE 10/09/14 IL 10/17/14 MN 10/19/14 FL 4/11/16 IL 8/20/16 IL 8/22/16 IL 08/18/18 IL 08/20/18 IT 07/05/2020 AT 07/07/2020
  • JedJed New York City Posts: 1,134
    Why are you selling? It's truly one of the greatest guitars ever made.
    I have enough PJ shit to put a sizable down payment on a house if I sell my vinyl alone Chris...
  • 2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,090
    I have enough PJ shit to put a sizable down payment on a house if I sell my vinyl alone Chris...
    chris pratt oh snap GIF
    If you obtain this guitar, would love to have a video of you playing it!

www.cluthelee.com
    chris pratt oh snap GIF

I wouldn't pay 15K for this guitar so no chance in that.  I thought the initial 7k price tag was steep.
  • edoconedocon Posts: 300
    chris pratt oh snap GIF

I wouldn't pay 15K for this guitar so no chance in that.  I thought the initial 7k price tag was steep.
    These were never 7k. MSRP was around $11,500 when they were introduced.
  • edocon said:
    chris pratt oh snap GIF

These were never 7k. MSRP was around $11,500 when they were introduced.
    Wow? really? 
  • bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,490
    There were different models I believe.  Some more expense than others.
  • gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 St. Fuckin Louis Posts: 22,130
    yeah i think there was an unrelicd, unsigned one for like maybe $5000. if i were buying it, i would want it all beat up just like mike's.
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • edoconedocon Posts: 300
    yeah i think there was an unrelicd, unsigned one for like maybe $5000. if i were buying it, i would want it all beat up just like mike's.
    Yes, the unrelic'd glossy one was called "VOS" and it was like $5-6K originally. There was a second "Aged" model that was not signed, availble in the $8-9K range, and then the "Aged and Signed" true historic model, which the OP is selling. Link for that one here:
    http://legacy.gibson.com/Products/Electric-Guitars/2016/Custom/Mike-McCready-1959-Les-Paul-Standard.aspx
  • WEAPONX24WEAPONX24 Posts: 131
    WOW!!!
  • myoung321myoung321 Posts: 2,855
    Nice guitar... Good luck!
    "The heart and mind are the true lens of the camera." - Yusuf Karsh