Be safe everyone.

It was good to hi to some old friends here over the weekend. Its just SAD that I came back here because of this devastating situation.

I will be leaving Chicago in a couple hours bringing food product to Alabama. It will be 850 miles of empty highway, which is SO DAMNED EERIE!

But I am ready for battle.

120 hand wipes

2 bottles of hand sanitizer

A box of gloves

A mask

Lysol

A couple other types of disinfectant spray

5 Roast turkey and mashed potato meals(Yeah I cooked Thanksgiving dinner last night)

15 bananas

6 oranges

A loaf of bread

A case of green tea

A case of water

And I said fuck those high sodium canned goods.

And my only political comment for the week? Lets hope our government can get together at 1:00pm to get that stimulus package put together, there are 2.5 million here in the USA who will be filing for unemployment today? Or this week? Im pretty sure they could use the funds to get by for the next couple weeks.

Rodney, Marybeth, Jose, and the rest of you folks in the trenches, who are in the heath care industry? PLEASE BE SAFE! PLEASE!!

Its going to be a sad, horrifying week both nationwide and worldwide.

I will see you all next weekend.

Peace and Love

Michael

Take me piece by piece.....
Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....

Comments

• mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,426

It was good to hi to some old friends here over the weekend. Its just SAD that I came back here because of this devastating situation.

I will be leaving Chicago in a couple hours bringing food product to Alabama. It will be 850 miles of empty highway, which is SO DAMNED EERIE!

120 hand wipes

A box of gloves

A mask

Lysol

5 Roast turkey and mashed potato meals(Yeah I cooked Thanksgiving dinner last night)

15 bananas

6 oranges

A loaf of bread

A case of green tea

A case of water

And my only political comment for the week? Lets hope our government can get together at 1:00pm to get that stimulus package put together, there are 2.5 million here in the USA who will be filing for unemployment today? Or this week? Im pretty sure they could use the funds to get by for the next couple weeks.

Rodney, Marybeth, Jose, and the rest of you folks in the trenches, who are in the heath care industry? PLEASE BE SAFE! PLEASE!!

Peace and Love

Michael

what, no full body condom for truck stop visits?
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • SPEEDY MCCREADYSPEEDY MCCREADY Posts: 24,789

No truck stop visits.

Not happening.

Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
    Safe trip driver. be on the lookout for the knuckleheads in our industry who will be stupid as fuck about the HOS changes.......
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 St. Fuckin Louis Posts: 22,130
    Speedy, you and Mickey be safe too!
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,258
    Safe travels Mike will look forward to reading from you next week! I’m at work today hospital is on tense mode I’ve never seen or felt like this at work before in my 25 years we irking here , in our office we are 3-6 feet from each other we wiped our whole office down this morning ughh..stay safe everyone wish us good luck 🍀 
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,821

120 hand wipes

A box of gloves

A mask

Lysol

15 bananas

6 oranges

A loaf of bread

A case of green tea

A case of water

Peace and Love

Michael

Wow, that's quite a truck - mini-kitchen and everything!

I hope the lack of traffic makes for easier driving for you. 
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,072
    I can only assume you'll be blasting Cincy 2006 the whole way there!!!
    hippiemom = goodness
  • jerparker20jerparker20 St. Paul, MN Posts: 2,399
    As someone who did a brief stint working in the safety department of a fairly large trucking company, I know it ain’t easy for you drivers. Take care out there on the roads. Get home safely.
  • Ray J. T.Ray J. T. Posts: 3,857
    Be safe out there Speedy. 
  • QuarterToTenQuarterToTen Cincinnati, Ohio Posts: 3,626
    We are in the trenches now.  Battling an invisible, terrifying, indiscriminate, evil killer. 

All we can do is protect ourselves the best we can, be kind, tell our friends and family we love them and worry. 
    Worry for us, worry for strangers, worry for mankind, worry for our planet.

Our fundamental skills for providing for ourselves and our very survival are in great jeopardy.  
    The fear of the unknown is paralizing.   

As grave as the situation is, hope has never been more vital. 

So I hope.  
    Nice shirt.
  • Glorified KCGlorified KC KCMO Native Posts: 2,495
    Be safe Michael.  Thank you so much for what you do. 
    I wish I was a sacrifice, but somehow still lived on.
    We are in the trenches now.  Battling an invisible, terrifying, indiscriminate, evil killer. 

All we can do is protect ourselves the best we can, be kind, tell our friends and family we love them and worry. 
    Worry for us, worry for strangers, worry for mankind, worry for our planet.

Our fundamental skills for providing for ourselves and our very survival are in great jeopardy.  
    The fear of the unknown is paralizing.   

As grave as the situation is, hope has never been more vital. 

So I hope.  
    Well said , stay safe! 
    As someone who did a brief stint working in the safety department of a fairly large trucking company, I know it ain’t easy for you drivers. Take care out there on the roads. Get home safely.

SAFETY DEPT?!?!?!?!?!?!   I'll give you a pass since you aren't one anymore.

• mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,368
    Be safe out there, everyone. 
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
    mickeyrat said:

Yup. I was the guy the went out and trained drivers on using eLogs, created the little “safety talk” letters that got stuffed in the route bags, wrote up drivers for not submitting pre-post trip check cards, did driver ride alongs, all the things that drove drivers nuts. The least popular thing I did was have stickers that said “Get Out And Look” place on the entire fleets side mirrors and “No Smoking” stickers placed in all the cabs. A lot of drivers called me expressing their thoughts on that one. Let’s say I wasn’t the most popular guy in the company.

The outfit moved parts for GM and Chrysler. Had the account for the GM PDC outside of Cincy and the Chrysler PDC in Cleveland. Plus Philly, Minneapolis, Chicago, and Martinsburg, WV. 
    mickeyrat said:

Yup. I was the guy the went out and trained drivers on using eLogs, created the little “safety talk” letters that got stuffed in the route bags, wrote up drivers for not submitting pre-post trip check cards, did driver ride alongs, all the things that drove drivers nuts. The least popular thing I did was have stickers that said “Get Out And Look” place on the entire fleets side mirrors and “No Smoking” stickers placed in all the cabs. A lot of drivers called me expressing their thoughts on that one. Let’s say I wasn’t the most popular guy in the company.

The outfit moved parts for GM and Chrysler. Had the account for the GM PDC outside of Cincy and the Chrysler PDC in Cleveland. Plus Philly, Minneapolis, Chicago, and Martinsburg, WV. 
    did they survive 08?

mickeyrat said:
    mickeyrat said:

did they survive 08?
    Yes. I was there from 2013-late 2014.
  • cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,072
    mickeyrat said:

Yup everyone hates the safety people....until of course they get hurt...

I can see you 20 years from now.... "But I've always done it that way..." ;)
    hippiemom = goodness
    mickeyrat said:

Yup everyone hates the safety people....until of course they get hurt...

I can see you 20 years from now.... "But I've always done it that way..." ;)
    nah, sometimes The Safety Dept can be like that overzealous junior asst vice principal.....

everyone still doing ok out there? staying healthy?
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

Hanging in there here in KC. Woke up yesterday with some congestion & a sore throat, but I think it's allergies. How are you doing?
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
    edited March 2020
    informed last night one of our city drivers at another terminal out of state tested positive. no word on symptoms ,condition etc..

all equipment he is thought to have been in or touched is out of service for 4 days in addition to being thoroughly cleaned and sanitized. in addition a complete sanitizing of the entire facility occured.

we were told that company wide they are spraying everything nightly using homebrew using a backpack sprayer....
    Post edited by mickeyrat on

edited March 2020
    mfc2006 said:
    Hanging in there here in KC. Woke up yesterday with some congestion & a sore throat, but I think it's allergies. How are you doing?
    i am glad it is only allergies.

i am hanging in there, thanks. i finally left the house on sunday to run to the grocery store. i had gone there the previous sunday and i was only able to get a few things at that time. on sunday people were walking around with masks on and safety goggles on. i felt like i stumbled into shop class 25 years too late. i was able to get what i needed and get back home pretty quickly.

yesterday i had to cover some surgeries in columbia, mo. left st louis at 4:30 am and got back home at 8:30 pm. one of the cases lasted about 9 hours. there was no distancing in that OR and all day long I felt like it was unfair to be proceeding with such a large surgery at this time. most of the territory managers i work with are working from home. some accounts in my territory have proceeded with surgeries because they use our grafts, which expire 60 days after being released. they could really reschedule these things if they wanted to, but they do not know how long restrictions will go. they can't afford to risk a $25,000 graft going bad, so we are risking our health to go there and cover the cases. i have to go back there for cases on wed and thurs this week.  i think i am going to work from home today. i was supposed to go 2.5 hours east into illinois to check on an item that is malfunctioning, but elective cases are shut down there indefinitely so i may go there friday instead.

all in all trying to disance the best i can, but every time i go to a case i feel like i am taking my health into my own hands. i have never considered that before all of this started. crazy times we are in for sure. hope you and the family stay well.

mfc2006 said:

i am hanging in there, thanks. i finally left the house on sunday to run to the grocery store. i had gone there the previous sunday and i was only able to get a few things at that time. on sunday people were walking around with masks on and safety goggles on. i felt like i stumbled into shop class 25 years too late. i was able to get what i needed and get back home pretty quickly.

yesterday i had to cover some surgeries in columbia, mo. left st louis at 4:30 am and got back home at 8:30 pm. one of the cases lasted about 9 hours. there was no distancing in that OR and all day long I felt like it was unfair to be proceeding with such a large surgery at this time. most of the territory managers i work with are working from home. some accounts in my territory have proceeded with surgeries because they use our grafts, which expire 60 days after being released. they could really reschedule these things if they wanted to, but they do not know how long restrictions will go. they can't afford to risk a $25,000 graft going bad, so we are risking our health to go there and cover the cases. i have to go back there for cases on wed and thurs this week.  i think i am going to work from home today. i was supposed to go 2.5 hours east into illinois to check on an item that is malfunctioning, but elective cases are shut down there indefinitely so i may go there friday instead.

all in all trying to disance the best i can, but every time i go to a case i feel like i am taking my health into my own hands. i have never considered that before all of this started. crazy times we are in for sure. hope you and the family stay well.
    Yikes, man...that's a long case time. It seems like you have a handle on your workload, which is good. I have found myself working a bit more than I would normally do at the office because a lot of our meetings are now done through Slack/Hangouts.

We've ventured out a couple of times and it's eerie as hell. We live on a busyish street here in KC and rarely hear cars go by, so it's good to see that people here are taking it seriously. Our mayor has done a great job, I think. 

Yeah, I'm almost 99% sure that it's just allergies. I'm keeping my wife informed and will be watching it to make sure that it doesn't get any worse. That's the thing about the timing of this...being allergy/flu/cold season....I wake up & have a slightly sore throat and your mind takes you to the covid waiting room...not fun.

Be safe on your travels this week & take care.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
    mfc2006 said:
    mfc2006 said:

Yikes, man...that's a long case time. It seems like you have a handle on your workload, which is good. I have found myself working a bit more than I would normally do at the office because a lot of our meetings are now done through Slack/Hangouts.

We've ventured out a couple of times and it's eerie as hell. We live on a busyish street here in KC and rarely hear cars go by, so it's good to see that people here are taking it seriously. Our mayor has done a great job, I think. 

Yeah, I'm almost 99% sure that it's just allergies. I'm keeping my wife informed and will be watching it to make sure that it doesn't get any worse. That's the thing about the timing of this...being allergy/flu/cold season....I wake up & have a slightly sore throat and your mind takes you to the covid waiting room...not fun.

i think i work more when i work from home. i get bored and try to complete things that have been on the back burner for a while. problem is decision makers at the accounts are working from home so nothing happens as fast as it normally does. the inability to tie up these loose ends gives me anxiety, which kind of sucks. i am used to crossing tasks off of my list pretty easily.

i would keep checking your temperature. fever is the big thing they are looking for. i had mine checked 3 times yesterday. once when i got there at 6 am, once after we had been there for 10 hours, then again when we ran instrument trays from the surgery center to the hospital. it takes extra time to get where we need to go because many of the entrances and exits we were able to access before have been locked down. we can only enter the main entrances now so we are going in those entrances with patients and their family, so because we are mingling in line with potentially sick people that do not work there, we are potentially being exposed to more than just the OR environment. these are major centers, so our selfish thinking is that they could have a separate entrance for staff and reps, but i get that that would put a strain on center staff and security having to man 2 different entrance points. i have never seen so many security personnel at a hospital in my career. 

i am glad that you were able to get out a bit and that people seem to be taking it seriously there. i do think our governor needs to do more though. the hospital staff i have spoken with agree as well.

i do not think people are really distancing that much here in STL. our parks and trails are super crowded. people get on social media and yell at us in their posts to "stay the fuck at home" and an hour later they are at a crowded park with their kids. that's rich, haha. plus the highways are just as crowded as ever, so people are doing a lot of driving.

thanks man, you take care and be safe as well.

mfc2006 said:
    mfc2006 said:

Be well both of you Gimme at hospital were I work those cases are not happening and I work in a 22 operating rooms OR with one so far being designated for Covid19 but Drs I’ve talked to say it’s only matter of time when all the OR suites are for Covid patients ughh , be well it’s a scary thing to be working in hospital during this! 
    mfc2006 said:
    mfc2006 said:

Be well both of you Gimme at hospital were I work those cases are not happening and I work in a 22 operating rooms OR with one so far being designated for Covid19 but Drs I’ve talked to say it’s only matter of time when all the OR suites are for Covid patients ughh , be well it’s a scary thing to be working in hospital during this! 
    wow, all ORs for covid patients? man that sounds like they think this is going to be going on for longer than what we are hearing here. they said on this conference call i am on that they experts are recommending canceling all elective cases through the end of april. 

this is our new reality, at least for awhile. i am encouraged to see people washing their hands and trying to distance as much as they can. maybe that will be something good to come from this. 

stay safe, my friend. we will all get through this together.

• hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    Thanks for what you do, guys. It’s so appreciated. 

Stay as safe as possible. 
    mfc2006 said:
    mfc2006 said:

i think i work more when i work from home. i get bored and try to complete things that have been on the back burner for a while. problem is decision makers at the accounts are working from home so nothing happens as fast as it normally does. the inability to tie up these loose ends gives me anxiety, which kind of sucks. i am used to crossing tasks off of my list pretty easily.

i would keep checking your temperature. fever is the big thing they are looking for. i had mine checked 3 times yesterday. once when i got there at 6 am, once after we had been there for 10 hours, then again when we ran instrument trays from the surgery center to the hospital. it takes extra time to get where we need to go because many of the entrances and exits we were able to access before have been locked down. we can only enter the main entrances now so we are going in those entrances with patients and their family, so because we are mingling in line with potentially sick people that do not work there, we are potentially being exposed to more than just the OR environment. these are major centers, so our selfish thinking is that they could have a separate entrance for staff and reps, but i get that that would put a strain on center staff and security having to man 2 different entrance points. i have never seen so many security personnel at a hospital in my career. 

i am glad that you were able to get out a bit and that people seem to be taking it seriously there. i do think our governor needs to do more though. the hospital staff i have spoken with agree as well.

i do not think people are really distancing that much here in STL. our parks and trails are super crowded. people get on social media and yell at us in their posts to "stay the fuck at home" and an hour later they are at a crowded park with their kids. that's rich, haha. plus the highways are just as crowded as ever, so people are doing a lot of driving.

The governor has definitely dropped the ball. There have also been reports of people gathering here at parks, etc....just doesn't make any sense. 
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
    mfc2006 said:
    mfc2006 said:
    mfc2006 said:

The governor has definitely dropped the ball. There have also been reports of people gathering here at parks, etc....just doesn't make any sense. 
    i think it is because it is nice outside. if it were still winter people would be staying inside. still it is crazy to me.