Options

Canceling of tour

This is so weak. There is a nuggets game 4/11, they will play that game. If the NHL and NBA are still playing games there is no reason to cancel shows. Just total B.S. Plane tickets purchased and now can't have a concert but they can play basketball and hockey in the same venues and that's fine.
Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    justamjustam Posts: 21,396
    Words and Communication:

Postponing is not canceling!
    &&&&&&&&&&&&&&
  • Options
    Jviva77Jviva77 Posts: 8
    I feel like an idiot. At 5:30 am Tuesday i couldn't imagine this. They were way out in front of all of this. I've never been more wrong in my life about anything. One could say, they saved me from myself.
  • Options
    Jviva77Jviva77 Posts: 8
    edited March 2020
    When you think of the Tuesday morning i got notified the shows were canceled and i couldn't figure out why? Everything seemed normal i was flying to Denver in April we had the count down calendar going and my buddy texted what do we do now and at 5:30 am i didn't understand what he was talking about? Fast forward about 30 hours from that moment the NBA cancels and Ive been working from home since Thursday. That morning, i never could not have even imagined this is where we would be. If you gave me a thousand guesses i wouldn't have come close to guessing.  My brother lives in Denver and it was a trip to visit him and see Pearl Jam and now not even allowed at the office to work.
  • Options
    Ray J. T.Ray J. T. Posts: 3,869
    I don't think anybody saw this coming.
    At least not to the level we are currently seeing it at.
    With that being said, we all know there are much better times ahead of us, and that this tour will eventually get under way again. 
    In the meantime I hope all of you out there stay safe. We will all get through this shit time together. This will make us all come together.  
  • Options
    CarryTheZeroCarryTheZero Posts: 2,183
    Stay positive! And spin Gigaton next week!
  • Options
    fortyshadesfortyshades Posts: 1,834
    There is a difference between canceled and postponed and even though it may be dissapointing, there is a greater picture here. Be glad that the band takes safety first for do not underestimate this illness: living in Europe, seeing up close what happens in Italy, you will get scared  quick. In the Netherlands they may be out of IC equipment by next week and I have a damn pre condition. With that hanging above your head, I hope I can make the album.
  • Options
    oona leftoona left Posts: 1,672
    Jviva77 said:
    I feel like an idiot. At 5:30 am Tuesday i couldn't imagine this. They were way out in front of all of this. I've never been more wrong in my life about anything. One could say, they saved me from myself.
    Wow, how refreshing to see someone change their opinion based on new information.

It takes courage to admit you were wrong. Thanks for setting a good example for others. 

People saw this coming (not all people, but more than zero), and many of us hoped to god we were wrong. The band was looking out for us even when many of us were not doing the same for ourselves. 

Now we gotta help each other and our communities whenever and however we can.
  • Options
    Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 29,149
    Jviva77 said:
     This is so weak. There is a nuggets game 4/11, they will play that game. If the NHL and NBA are still playing games there is no reason to cancel shows. Just total B.S. Plane tickets purchased and now can't have a concert but they can play basketball and hockey in the same venues and that's fine.
    Jviva77 said:

"Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    RatherStarvedRatherStarved Posts: 4,313
    Most people did not see this coming.  You have to credit PJ for seeing it.  Sadly their city was among the first in the US to live it.

Also it’s becoming increasingly clear the experts, or anyone that took it upon themselves to research it, knew it was coming.  For reasons that someday will need to be explained, the powers that be managed the message to the public in a way that led many people to underestimate it. 

As a normal sports and entertainment fan it was perfectly logical to say that if an NBA game could be played one night a PJ show could take place the next.  That logic is still correct.  It is just that we now know neither event could take place, which even a couple of weeks ago very few people would have believed.
    PJ: 2013: London (ON); Buffalo; 2014: Cincinnati; 2016: Sunrise, Miami, Toronto 1-2, Wrigley 2; 2018: London (UK) 1, Milan, Padova, Sea 2, Wrigley 1-2, Fenway 1-2; 2021: SHN, Ohana, Ohana Encore 1-2; 2022: LA 1-2, Phx, Oak 1-2, Fresno, Copenhagen, Hyde Park 1-2; Quebec, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto; MSG, Camden, Nashville, Louisville, St. Louis, OKC; 2023: St. Paul 1-2, Chicago 1-2; Fort Worth 2; Austin 1-2

EV Solo: 2017 Louisville and Franklin, 2018 Ohana, 2019 Innings Fest, Berlin, Düsseldorf, Dublin and Ohana; 2021 Ohana Friday (from beach) and Saturday; 2022 Earthlings Newark; 2023 Innings Fest and Benoraya 1-2.

Gutted:  London 2 2018, Sacramento 2022, Noblesville 2023
  • Options
    FirecloudFirecloud Posts: 516
    /thread
  • Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,420
    Jviva77 said:
    Don't worry bud, there's a few of us on that boat. Me included.  At this point, I wish it all would have been done a lot sooner so that maybe we would start to be on the upside by now.  This is bigger than any show by any band. This is now about peoples' health and livelihoods.
    It took me looking back to Roskilde for it to sink in how much this band cares about its fans, and that's why they were so out in front of all this.
  • Options
    RS65573RS65573 Posts: 2,377
    Can you imagine knowing a fan of yours has a ticket for your show in Italy for summer and just passed? Even one. That must be a horrible feeling. 
  • Options
    JPPJ84JPPJ84 Hamburg, Germany Posts: 3,440
    There is a difference between canceled and postponed and even though it may be dissapointing, there is a greater picture here. Be glad that the band takes safety first for do not underestimate this illness: living in Europe, seeing up close what happens in Italy, you will get scared  quick. In the Netherlands they may be out of IC equipment by next week and I have a damn pre condition. With that hanging above your head, I hope I can make the album.
    I hope you’re doing well so far and will get through unscathed!! 
  • Options
    guypjfreakguypjfreak Posts: 2,281
    With things going mad here in the office UK I wander when the Hyde Park gig will be cancelled.. Already had glastonbury.. You really have to feel for the bands and festivals that have been hit by this thing But its much better to be safe..
    Best wishes to everyone stay safe.. G
  • Options
    matt84matt84 Posts: 605
    Even if the Europe tour wasn’t cancelled I wouldn’t be able to afford to go now.
  • Options
    blenderman69blenderman69 philly Posts: 2,104
    Jviva77 said:
    When you think of the Tuesday morning i got notified the shows were canceled and i couldn't figure out why? Everything seemed normal i was flying to Denver in April we had the count down calendar going and my buddy texted what do we do now and at 5:30 am i didn't understand what he was talking about? Fast forward about 30 hours from that moment the NBA cancels and Ive been working from home since Thursday. That morning, i never could not have even imagined this is where we would be. If you gave me a thousand guesses i wouldn't have come close to guessing.  My brother lives in Denver and it was a trip to visit him and see Pearl Jam and now not even allowed at the office to work.    My wife did....she sees everything😎
    matt84 said:
    Even if the Europe tour wasn’t cancelled I wouldn’t be able to afford to go now.