Pearl Jam's Gigaton in Dolby Atmos - A Truly Unique Listening Experience .. Postponed

Comments

• The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,141
    igotid88 said:
    igotid88 said:
    How soon before this gets cancelled?
    Only way it gets canceled is if the city bans gatherings of 100 or more 
    I would say that is likely to happen sooner than later, wouldn’t you at this point?
    Read my post above 
    I did. I still they get cancelled sooner than later. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • axellaire8axellaire8 Belgium Posts: 222
    edited March 2020
    Ouch.. They cancelled in Belgium.  :s just got the Email...
    Post edited by axellaire8 on

1996: Paris/2006: Paris/2007: Werchter/2010: Werchter/2012: Amsterdam 1 and Werchter/2014: Amsterdam 1&2 and Werchter/2018: Amsterdam 1&2 and Werchter/2022: Werchter and Amsterdam 2

EV: 2012: Amsterdam/2017: Antwerpen/2019: Bruxelles

• radarradar Posts: 767
    Most likely it will be canceled in mist places by March 25th. On the other hand the Band put much effort to have this type of event so maybe it’s time to ask if there are any chances to have it rescheduled for a later date???
  • igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,141
    edited March 2020
    NYC has banned gatherings of over 500 people starting Friday. Broadway has been shut down until March 31. 
    Post edited by igotid88 on
    I miss igotid88
  • RenfieldRenfield NYC NY Posts: 1,054
    edited March 2020
    Our governor banned gatherings of more than 500 people in New York State just a bit ago. Landmark Theater has about 150 seats, we’ll see if it remains to be shown.  
    *Sorry @igotid88 did not refresh before I posted
    Post edited by Renfield on
    edited March 2020
    Renfield said:
    Our governor banned gatherings of more than 500 people in New York State just a bit ago. Landmark Theater has about 150 seats, we’ll see if it remains to be shown.  
    It's happened to me too. 
    Also venues with less than 500 can only be filled to half capacity.
    So does that mean only 75 can watch the movie?
    Post edited by igotid88 on
    I miss igotid88
  • demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,314
    From Cineplex ..

March 12, 2020

To our guests,

With growing global concerns around COVID-19 (“coronavirus”), I wanted to provide you with an update on our response to date and our commitment to you moving forward. The health, safety and well-being of our employees and guests is Cineplex’s top priority and we are following the lead of Canadian public health authorities at this important time. We are committed to providing comfortable and safe entertainment experiences at our theatre circuit and locations of The Rec Room and Playdium across the country.

First and foremost, I want to assure our guests that we are taking all appropriate measures to ensure our venues are safe and that we have existing plans and training protocols in place to ensure they stay that way. While the Public Health Agency of Canada has assessed the current public health risk associated with coronavirus as low, we continue to monitor for developments very closely

We have implemented additional measures to ensure your safety as well as the safety of our team, including:

• Introducing enhanced cleaning protocols in all of our locations, with particular focus on high traffic and high contact areas. Coronaviruses are easily eliminated by routine surface cleaning and the cleaning products we use are industrial-grade and food-service approved
    • Increasing communications and reminders with our guests, partners and employees on important health and safety measures

To protect yourself and others, we ask that anyone who is feeling unwell refrain from visiting us so that together we can ensure a safe and comfortable experience for everyone. Know that we are doing our part by putting employment policies in place so that our hourly staff are protected and are not penalized financially if they need to stay home.

Again, we continue to monitor this situation closely and will provide ongoing updates as needed. We also encourage our guests to stay up-to-date through Canada’s Public Health website.

Thank you and we look forward to welcoming you soon,

Ellis Jacob
    President and CEO, Cineplex

igotid88 said:
    Renfield said:
    It's happened to me too. 
    Also venues with less than 500 can only be filled to half capacity.
    So does that mean only 75 can watch the movie?
    @igotid88  Huh? That I did not know. I’ll check into it later- rushing back to my office as we just got shut down beginning tomorrow morning 😩
  • Saltzy23Saltzy23 Posts: 1,347
    edited March 2020
    I just bought a ticket for a7:15pm show in NYC Landmark for Thursday, 3/26.

I guess it's now a 2 night deal....

Assuming theatres are even open in 2 weeks.
    Post edited by Saltzy23 on
    'I know I was born and I know that I'll die, the in between is mine.'
    Saltzy23 said:

Or you’ll be the only one there on the 26th.  I’m unsure about going on the 25th. 
  • GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 9,693
    Renfield said:
    Saltzy23 said:

Or you’ll be the only one there on the 26th.  I’m unsure about going on the 25th. 
    My ticket is for the 25th in NYC as well. Do they have to cut the capacity in half for this theater, if they still show it at all? I assume the theater holds under 500 people. 
    MF117973 said:
    Renfield said:
    Saltzy23 said:

My ticket is for the 25th in NYC as well. Do they have to cut the capacity in half for this theater, if they still show it at all? I assume the theater holds under 500 people. 
    I did a quick count- think it was approximately 150 seats.  I’m unsure how they will handle the capacity.
    7:15 show on the 26th. Saltzy23 mentioned they added a 2nd date. 

Renfield said:
    MF117973 said:
    Renfield said:
    Saltzy23 said:

I did a quick count- think it was approximately 150 seats.  I’m unsure how they will handle the capacity.
    Yeah. They haven’t said much about movie theaters specifically. 
  • big dipper ice creambig dipper ice cream malt-hop epicenter Posts: 2,528
    I would wait until last minute to buy a ticket.  Many group/small gathering events are getting shut down.  

2024..........ANCHORAGE-FAIRBANKS-VANCOUVER-SEATTLE-PORTLAND-BOISE-SLC-MISSOULA

• ryanphishesryanphishes Posts: 586
    I'd rather not worry about catching the virus and listen at home with all the comforts at this point.  I know Atmos is supposed to be amazing sound, but I also wish it came with a download.  I don't even think the record comes with a download code, and I don't know how many times I'm supposed to pay for one new album.
    Dallas 2013 
    Wrigley 2016 Night 1
    Wrigley 2016 Night 2
    MSG 2020
    OKC 2020

• Tim SimmonsTim Simmons Posts: 6,864
    Downloads are pretty easy to find via google
    I ain't scurred.
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,141
    Incredibly bad timing for this new album altogether. Obviously it pales in comparison to everything else going on in the world, but still sucks for PJ to have the tour postponed, the Apollo thing cancelled, this listening experience likely cancelled.....they can't promote this thing. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • ryanphishesryanphishes Posts: 586
    Incredibly bad timing for this new album altogether. Obviously it pales in comparison to everything else going on in the world, but still sucks for PJ to have the tour postponed, the Apollo thing cancelled, this listening experience likely cancelled.....they can't promote this thing. 
    Pearl Jam really isn't the type of band that needs to tour or have media publicity (SNL, late shows, apollo) to sell albums or make money.

Dallas 2013 
    Wrigley 2016 Night 1
    Wrigley 2016 Night 2
    MSG 2020
    OKC 2020

• Renfield said:
    MF117973 said:
    Renfield said:
    Saltzy23 said:

195 seats at the Cherry Hill NJ showing and our magic number is 250. We shall see. 
    On a positive note. It's nice to see they added a 2nd day at the Landmark. That means people are/were interested. Wonder what this would have done as a weekend release?
    I miss igotid88
  • mattcozmattcoz Chicago Posts: 2,158
    I would wait until last minute to buy a ticket.  Many group/small gathering events are getting shut down.  
    If it gets shut down you'll get a refund, no reason to wait.
  • pjpitt89pjpitt89 Posts: 1,817
    My showing in Collegeville, PA has just been shut down. Just received the email that the theater is closed for 2 weeks. It does not mention anything about refunds, which is interesting. 
    9/1/00, 4/28/03, 7/5/03, 7/6/03, 7/12/03, 10/1/04, 9/28/05, 5/27/06, 5/28/06, 6/1/06, 6/27/08, 6/30/08, 8/7/08 (EV), 6/12/09 (EV), 10/27/09, 10/28/09,10/30/09, 10/31/09, 5/21/10, 6/15/11 (EV), 9/2/12, 7/19/13, 10/21/13, 10/22/13, 10/27/13, 4/28/16, 4/29/16, 8/7/16, 11/4/16 (TOTD), 8/18/18, 8/20/18, 9/24/21 (EV&Earthlings), 9/26/21, 9/11/2022, 9/14/2022
    edited March 2020
    demetrios said:
    Thanks for sharing. I am one of those Landmark57 ticket holders. :s

• SOLAT319SOLAT319 Posts: 4,564
    postponed
    I have no patience for bad music and stupid people...

The whole world will be different soon the whole world will be RELIEVED

#resistgezi #resistturkey #resisttaksim #direnturkiye #direngezi
    #standingman #duranadam
    MF117973 said:
    demetrios said:
    Thanks for sharing. I am one of those Landmark57 ticket holders. :s

God dammit!

Why does God not want to let me have Pearl Jam?!?

Whyyyyyyyyyyy.....