Ticket Exchange for NYC Tickets

I have 2 tickets for the NYC show on 3/30 that I may not be able to use, so am looking into how to sell them on the ticket exchange.  When I log into my Ticketmaster account and go to my tickets I have the option to transfer tickets but not to sell them, and get a message that tickets for the NYC show are ineligible for fan to fan resale.

I'm aware that NYC tickets are excluded from the prohibition on transfer, but are NYC tickets excluded from the Ticketmaster fan to fan resale?  Anyone else with NYC tickets facing this same issue?  If I have to sell them I prefer to sell them through the fan to fan resale, but how do I do that?

Comments

• RatherStarvedRatherStarved Posts: 4,099
    PM sent.
    PJ: 2013: London (ON); Buffalo; 2014: Cincinnati; 2016: Sunrise, Miami, Toronto 1-2, Wrigley 2; 2018: London (UK) 1, Milan, Padova, Sea 2, Wrigley 1-2, Fenway 1-2; 2021: SHN, Ohana, Ohana Encore 1-2; 2022: LA 1-2, Phx, Oak 1-2, Fresno, Copenhagen, Hyde Park 1-2; Quebec, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto; MSG, Camden, Nashville, Louisville, St. Louis, OKC; 2023: St. Paul 1-2, Chicago 1-2; Fort Worth 2; Austin 1-2

EV Solo: 2017 Louisville and Franklin, 2018 Ohana, 2019 Innings Fest, Berlin, Düsseldorf, Dublin and Ohana; 2021 Ohana Friday (from beach) and Saturday; 2022 Earthlings Newark; 2023 Innings Fest and Benoraya 1-2.

Gutted:  London 2 2018, Sacramento 2022, Noblesville 2023
  • GM151575GM151575 Freehold, NJ Posts: 340
    I think you can log in to Ticketmaster and do it through there. I’ll take them! 
  • CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,012
    Damn

id love to go
  • ogre1213ogre1213 Posts: 391
    I would love to somehow take them off your hands if you can’t go!!
    Some die just to live
  • GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 9,689
    Magicman said:
    I have 2 tickets for the NYC show on 3/30 that I may not be able to use, so am looking into how to sell them on the ticket exchange.  When I log into my Ticketmaster account and go to my tickets I have the option to transfer tickets but not to sell them, and get a message that tickets for the NYC show are ineligible for fan to fan resale.

I'm aware that NYC tickets are excluded from the prohibition on transfer, but are NYC tickets excluded from the Ticketmaster fan to fan resale?  Anyone else with NYC tickets facing this same issue?  If I have to sell them I prefer to sell them through the fan to fan resale, but how do I do that?
    I just bought msg tickets from someone here. He transferred the tickets to me and then I sent him the money via Venmo. To transfer the tickets you need the name and Ticketmaster account email of the person you are transferring to. It was a painless process. 
  • MakeUSmileMakeUSmile NJ Posts: 1,059
    What happens in the event the show is canceled?  Does the original ticket holder get refunded, or whoever has the tickets in their account? 
    can you feel this world with your heart and not your brain?
  • PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,622
    What happens in the event the show is canceled?  Does the original ticket holder get refunded, or whoever has the tickets in their account? 

Ticket Transfer

Once a recipient accepts a ticket transfer, a new barcode is issued and the sender's tickets are invalid. If a ticket has been transferred multiple times, only the ticket from the last transfer will be valid for event entry – all previous ticket barcodes will be invalidated.

The sender can modify or cancel a ticket transfer before the recipient accepts the transfer – not after. Note: We may cancel transferred tickets, at any time, if we determine that they were obtained fraudulently or otherwise in violation of our policies; therefore, it is important that you know and trust the individual transferring tickets to you before accepting them. If an event is canceled or rescheduled, only the original purchaser will be eligible for a refund.

Recipients can choose only Mobile or Print-at-Home delivery (if the event offers it). All merchandise, VIP package elements, fan club memberships, and ticket insurance originally purchased or included with the ticket are not transferable. Ticket insurance will not apply to transferred tickets.

• MakeUSmileMakeUSmile NJ Posts: 1,059
    Thank you!
    can you feel this world with your heart and not your brain?
  • branscopbranscop Posts: 1,181
    Transfers are different than F2F sales, correct?
  • URthekeyURthekey Posts: 1,610
    branscop said:
    Yes. You can transfer directly to another person if you have their name and e-mail & leave nothing up to chance.
  • PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,622
    edited March 2020
    branscop said:
    Yes. This is how I see F2F playing out if a show is cancelled.

If the event is cancelled the last person to buy the tickets gets a refund by the person that sold them the ticket. The sellers credit card is charged to refund the buyer. If that was the only sale then TM would refund the original buyer. If there were multiple sales with the same tickets I think it would work like above just over and over again all the way back to the original buyer and then TM refunds them. 
    URthekey said:
    branscop said:
    Yes. You can transfer directly to another person if you have their name and e-mail & leave nothing up to chance.
    And if you have extra MSG’s to transfer , pls consider me as I have friends in need.😀
  • GTFLYGIRLGTFLYGIRL NewYork Posts: 720
    Always get payment through PayPal Goods and Services. It's added security as the ticket holder. I can for sure take one or both of them off your hands via this method (or any that works for you!!). New Yorker without a NY ticket. Please see my post looking for a ticket. I will take one or both. 

Please help me with a ticket! Please?!?! ✌❤🎶
    GTFLYGIRL said:
    Always get payment through PayPal Goods and Services. It's added security as the ticket holder. I can for sure take one or both of them off your hands via this method (or any that works for you!!). New Yorker without a NY ticket. Please see my post looking for a ticket. I will take one or both. 

Wishing a ticket your way. You need it after the events of the past Yr or so.....
  • GTFLYGIRLGTFLYGIRL NewYork Posts: 720
    URthekey said:
    GTFLYGIRL said:

Wishing a ticket your way. You need it after the events of the past Yr or so.....
    Thanks so much! I can't  believe I am ticketless in New York! Praying something turns up soon! Hope to  run into you! Hope all is well!!
    ❤❤❤
    GTFLYGIRL said:
    URthekey said:
    GTFLYGIRL said:

Thanks so much! I can't  believe I am ticketless in New York! Praying something turns up soon! Hope to  run into you! Hope all is well!!
    ❤❤❤
    Things were different then. All is different now.

Come see me on the GA line and we can catch up. You know you’ll get in somehow. 
    Where there’s a will, there’s a way.
  • weekapaug19weekapaug19 Posts: 2,278
    ISO 1 Msg ticket.  Thank you in advance