Options

Pearl Jam at The Apollo

Comments

• Options
    kosteva2kosteva2 Posts: 287
    I have a feeling we find out winners of the 2nd chance "what year did they start bootlegs" lottery today.  For Sirius Phish show winner emails went on in the 12 pm EST hour 4 days after the contest closed.  This one closed 3/2.  The winners for Phish were announced 2 weeks before the show while this is ~3 weeks before.  If that email truly did go out beyond the greater NYC area and beyond immediate driving radius, I'd imagine they'd want to give more notice for people to make travel plans.  
    TFC '97, TFC '98, Pittsburgh '98, Camden I,II '98, Camden I,II '00, Pittsburgh '00, Philly '03, Camden I,II '03, MSG I,II '03, Hershey '03, Reading '04, Philly '05, Camden I,II '06, Meadowlands I '06, Camden I,II '08, DC '08, Spectrum I,II,III,IV '09, Made in America '12, Philly I,II '13, GCF '15, Philly I,II '16, MSG I '16, Apollo ‘22, MSG ‘22, Camden ‘22
  • Options
    moleculemolecule Posts: 611
    Good morning! Last day for SOTW! Here's a briefing for this final Friday.

Song of the week: Elderly Woman Behind the Counter in a Small Town
    Call in window: 5 pm - 10 pm EST (2 pm - 7 pm PST) see note about guest DJ below
    Chances to win: 2
    Number: 855-973-2755

Faithfull Forum
    Call in window: Done (for now)

Listening Tips:
    • Online and satellite listeners have both won. They seem to start taking callers at online start time.
    • Online starts to play 2-2.5 minutes after satellite.
    • Satellite listeners have graciously posted here when the song starts. F5 is your friend.
    • A short promo for the contest typically plays before the song of the week is aired. That promo is typically shorter and includes audio of previous winners.
    • PJ Radio confirmed two plays for rest of contest with a like on Twitter.
    • There is typically at least 1 hour between each play, but has been longer.
    • Guest DJ with Josh Klinghoffer (Pluralone) starts at 5 pm EST and likely runs to about 6 pm EST. He did not play Small Town. new
    Dialing Tips:
    • When dialing, if you hear "all circuits are busy", "your call can not be completed", or get a standard busy signal, hang up and call again. Otherwise, wait!
    • Fans that have gotten through have reported dead air or hearing background music before a human picks up.
    • They don't announce the winner on air (except during the FF), but many have been trying for 10-15 minutes before giving up.
    • Ice cream can be used to keep children occupied while dialing (@MakeUSmile).
    Faithfull Forum:
    • Rob has given them away early in the show and late in the show. He typically gives notice at the beginning.
    • Week 1 started at 6 pm EST. Week 2, 3 and 4 started at 5 pm EST. 
    • Rob suggested there will be more ways to win soon. Stay tuned!

Good luck everyone!

Porch Winners (thanks for the initial list @MakeUSmile):
    • Danlee1095 2/12
    • LL105579 2/17
    • RS151862 2/18
    • KidsAtPlay 2/18
    • Kane316 2/19
    • Spawn492 2/21
    • MakeUSmile  2/24
    • Miseroj 2/25
    • Fatherhubber 2/26
    • JB23237 2/26
    • Stevenmorris87 2/27
    • Mac57 3/2
    • jisola1986 3/3
    • laa1025 3/4
    • PearlJamPatriot 3/5 new

https://siriusxm.com/pjrules
    https://www.siriusxm.com/PJApollo (don't forget to enter for a chance to win)
    🤙
  • Options
    kosteva2 said:
    I have a feeling we find out winners of the 2nd chance "what year did they start bootlegs" lottery today.  For Sirius Phish show winner emails went on in the 12 pm EST hour 4 days after the contest closed.  This one closed 3/2.  The winners for Phish were announced 2 weeks before the show while this is ~3 weeks before.  If that email truly did go out beyond the greater NYC area and beyond immediate driving radius, I'd imagine they'd want to give more notice for people to make travel plans.  
    Hope you are correct! Though I wouldn't be surprised if they wait until after the final call in chance to email second chance winners. 

Good luck tonight everyone! 
    2003 Spectrum, Camden 2, Holmdel 2004 Reading, PA 2005 Philly 2006 Hartford, Camden 1&2, E. Rutherford 1&2 2008 Camden 1&2, MSG 1&2  2009 Spectrum 1,2,3,4  2010 Hartford, Newark, MSG 1&2 2013 Wrigley, Pittsburgh, Brooklyn 1&2, Philly 1&2,  Baltimore 2014 Leeds, Cincinnati  2015 GCF  2016 Sunrise, Miami, Hampton, Philly 1&2, MSG 1&2, Fenway 1&2  2017 RHoF Induction 2018 Seattle 1&2 Fenway 1&2 2021 Sea Hear Now 2022 Hamilton, Toronto, MSG, Camden 2023 Indy

• Options
    LostpawnLostpawn Posts: 414
    Good morning, and good luck everyone!  You have at least one fewer competitor today, as I won’t be involved. Sounds like @tdawe is in the same boat. So let’s get 2 more winners from the board today, and hope that the rest of us pick up tickets through one of the other contests!  Have fun everyone!
  • Options
    kosteva2 said:
    My gut feeling is that second chance email was NOT the NYC area subscriber one and that verbiage was included accidentally. The fact that it went to nearly 7million subscribers across the country is my reasoning. When the Sirius U2 Apollo email went out to NYC area subscribers in May 2018, it went to a distribution list of 3.3 million. It may just be wishful thinking, but I'm hoping for another email blast for the NYC area. The deadline to enter for U2 was 11:59p.m. on May 30 and the show took place on June 11, which is a shorter time frame than the second chance for PJ. Keeping fingers crossed!
    2003 Spectrum, Camden 2, Holmdel 2004 Reading, PA 2005 Philly 2006 Hartford, Camden 1&2, E. Rutherford 1&2 2008 Camden 1&2, MSG 1&2  2009 Spectrum 1,2,3,4  2010 Hartford, Newark, MSG 1&2 2013 Wrigley, Pittsburgh, Brooklyn 1&2, Philly 1&2,  Baltimore 2014 Leeds, Cincinnati  2015 GCF  2016 Sunrise, Miami, Hampton, Philly 1&2, MSG 1&2, Fenway 1&2  2017 RHoF Induction 2018 Seattle 1&2 Fenway 1&2 2021 Sea Hear Now 2022 Hamilton, Toronto, MSG, Camden 2023 Indy

• Options
    If they really want to keep us listening and reward those that do, they should give out the 2 announced pair in the first hour, then give a couple more pairs out throughout the time frame noted. So, when others give up and drop, the stalwarts get rewarded.

And now that I've said that, PJ Radio can thank me for their extra listeners today (though I suspect as usual the last pair will be given out right before end time anyway, so they don't really need this).
    Sorry. The world doesn't work the way you tell it to.
  • Options
    tdawetdawe Posts: 2,002
    kosteva2 said:
    My gut feeling is that second chance email was NOT the NYC area subscriber one and that verbiage was included accidentally. The fact that it went to nearly 7million subscribers across the country is my reasoning. When the Sirius U2 Apollo email went out to NYC area subscribers in May 2018, it went to a distribution list of 3.3 million. It may just be wishful thinking, but I'm hoping for another email blast for the NYC area. The deadline to enter for U2 was 11:59p.m. on May 30 and the show took place on June 11, which is a shorter time frame than the second chance for PJ. Keeping fingers crossed!
    I'm all in favor of more chances, as long as they're in the form of "click the link below and enter your email address/home address/phone number to enter" and not more aggravating dial-ins or other games. I can't take any more of this (I will absolutely take more of this).
  • Options
    MR242791MR242791 Brooklyn NY Posts: 669
    bootleg said:
    MR242791 said:
    Since i haven't won PJ apollo tickets I decided to see the dolby gigaton release on March 25.  it should be fun.
    Unfortunately it doesn’t appear to be playing anywhere within 3 hours of me so I guess I’m going to have to build my own Atmos theater

thats too bad.  I feel you.  if I don't win these apollo tickets imma have my own concert in my living room lol
    38 concerts and counting
    "I know I was born and I know that I'll die, the in between is mine"
  • Options
    MR242791 said:
    Since i haven't won PJ apollo tickets I decided to see the dolby gigaton release on March 25.  it should be fun.
    Is it sold out in New York already? Wasn’t able to purchase ticket online

I think it is. 
    38 concerts and counting
  • Options
    cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,649
    Im 100% totally fine with not winning but i really hope the two winners today are from this thread.  
  • Options
    hey who suggested using the amazon echo to listen to sirius live?   I bought one to see if there is only a 3 second delay but I still have the same two minute delay that i get on my iphone app.  what am i doing wrong?
    38 concerts and counting
  • Options
    laa1025laa1025 Posts: 128
    Thought you all would appreciate this.  I was confirming with my boss that it was okay to be gone 3/25, 26 and 27.  I already have the week before off for a spring break trip and then time off for Nashville and STL.  I knew she'd be fine with it, but wanted to talk to her about in person. So I was telling her I didn't know a lot of details about the Apollo and found out it only has 1,500 seats.  We have a local old theater that holds 1,400 so I told her that for reference. She kind of scoffed and said well, it's Pearl Jam.  Kinda like they'd have problems filling the Apollo.  I didn't take it personally and she has no way of knowing, but I found it pretty amusing!  Good luck today!
  • Options
    laa1025 said:
    Thought you all would appreciate this.  I was confirming with my boss that it was okay to be gone 3/25, 26 and 27.  I already have the week before off for a spring break trip and then time off for Nashville and STL.  I knew she'd be fine with it, but wanted to talk to her about in person. So I was telling her I didn't know a lot of details about the Apollo and found out it only has 1,500 seats.  We have a local old theater that holds 1,400 so I told her that for reference. She kind of scoffed and said well, it's Pearl Jam.  Kinda like they'd have problems filling the Apollo.  I didn't take it personally and she has no way of knowing, but I found it pretty amusing!  Good luck today!
    People who don't know have no idea. 
  • Options
    SHZASHZA St. Louis, MO USA Posts: 3,350
    kosteva2 said:
    Absolutely was not limited to NY area 
  • Options
    tdawe said:
    laa1025 said:
    We went to the Rock Hall of Fame induction ceremony in Brooklyn in 2017. The place where the pre-party was being held was insanely crowded, so a group of friends decided to go somewhere else. It was a small bar and there were other people there who were attending the ceremony, but to see different bands. We started talking to these guys that were there for E.L.O. - nice guys, we had a great chat, then it was getting close to show time and we were getting ready to leave and those guys were just sitting there. We mentioned casually to them, maybe you should get ready to go to Barclay's now... they replied "No need to go yet, E.L.O. will be closing the show"  My friends and I all looked at each other in disbelief.

BTW - E.L.O. opened the show 

• Options
    MR242791 said:
    hey who suggested using the amazon echo to listen to sirius live?   I bought one to see if there is only a 3 second delay but I still have the same two minute delay that i get on my iphone app.  what am i doing wrong?
    My echo dot has the 2 1/2 minute lag

• Options
    MakeUSmileMakeUSmile NJ Posts: 1,067
    MR242791 said:

@MR242791 not sure. Mine is right on point. About 3 seconds off.   I linked my SiriusXM account to it in the app. Now I just say. “Alexa, play Pearl Jam radio channel 22”  and she replies with “Pearl Jam radio  from Tricia’s SiriusXM” 
    can you feel this world with your heart and not your brain?
  • Options
    Go AnimalGo Animal Posts: 4,082
    laa1025 said:
    "No, you're right, boss. Hey, btw... check out how much tickets to their MSG show are going for on StubHub. I mean, it's just Pearl Jam"😉
    PJ - 09/23/98: West Palm Beach II, 08/12/00: Tampa, 04/12/03: Orlando, 04/13/03: Tampa, 06/12/08: Tampa, 06/27/08: Hartford, 09/22/09: Seattle II, 04/11/16: Tampa, 05/01 & 05/02/16: MSG I & II, 09/18/21: Sea Hear Now, 10/01 & 10/02/21: Ohana Encore I & II, 05/06 & 05/07/22: Los Angeles I & II, 09/11/22: MSG, 09/16/22: Nashville, 09/02/23: St. Paul II, 09/07/23: Chicago II, 09/18 & 09/19/23: Austin I & II

EV - 08/04 & 08/05/08: (Eddie solo, w/Liam Finn) NYC I & II, 11/27 & 11/28/12: (Eddie solo, w/Glen Hansard) Orlando I & II, 02/09 & 02/10/22: (Eddie & the Earthlings) Chicago I & II, 09/30/23: (Eddie & the Earthlings) Ohana Festival

Song Wishlist: Oceans, Brother, Alone, Let Me Sleep, full W.M.A., Hold On, all of Vitalogy or Satan's Bed, Gremmie Out Of Control, Mankind, Around The Bend (full band), Don't Gimme No Lip, Pilate, Push Me Pull Me, All Those Yesterdays, Rival, Parting Ways (full band), You Are, Bu$hleaguer, Inside Job, low octave Driftin', Strangest Tribe, Other Side, Undone, Of The Earth, Love Reign O'er Me, Comfortably Numb, and the Mamasan Trilogy.

Wanted Posters: WPB '98, Tampa/WPB '00, Tampa '03, EV Batmobile '08        ISO: any picks, or setlists from any of my shows!

• Options
    LostpawnLostpawn Posts: 414
    laa1025 said:
    My best friend basically stopped listening to new music sometime in the early 2000s. When I asked him (day of) if he wanted me to score him tickets in the Denver Verified Presale, his response was “Not really sure. Give me a couple of weeks to figure it out. Pearl Jam don’t sell out that fast, right?”
  • Options
    iO letsgoiO letsgo Posts: 186
    MR242791 said:

@MR242791 not sure. Mine is right on point. About 3 seconds off.   I linked my SiriusXM account to it in the app. Now I just say. “Alexa, play Pearl Jam radio channel 22”  and she replies with “Pearl Jam radio  from Tricia’s SiriusXM” 
    mine as well.  it must be successfully linked to your XM account
  • Options
    tdawe said:
    laa1025 said:
    We went to the Rock Hall of Fame induction ceremony in Brooklyn in 2017. The place where the pre-party was being held was insanely crowded, so a group of friends decided to go somewhere else. It was a small bar and there were other people there who were attending the ceremony, but to see different bands. We started talking to these guys that were there for E.L.O. - nice guys, we had a great chat, then it was getting close to show time and we were getting ready to leave and those guys were just sitting there. We mentioned casually to them, maybe you should get ready to go to Barclay's now... they replied "No need to go yet, E.L.O. will be closing the show"  My friends and I all looked at each other in disbelief.

It makes me sound like a lunatic, but when I try to explain this to people the factoid I always reach for is that they closed GCF 2015 behind frickin' Beyonce.
  • Options
    GEMS AND RHINESTONES
    PJ - 09/23/98: West Palm Beach II, 08/12/00: Tampa, 04/12/03: Orlando, 04/13/03: Tampa, 06/12/08: Tampa, 06/27/08: Hartford, 09/22/09: Seattle II, 04/11/16: Tampa, 05/01 & 05/02/16: MSG I & II, 09/18/21: Sea Hear Now, 10/01 & 10/02/21: Ohana Encore I & II, 05/06 & 05/07/22: Los Angeles I & II, 09/11/22: MSG, 09/16/22: Nashville, 09/02/23: St. Paul II, 09/07/23: Chicago II, 09/18 & 09/19/23: Austin I & II

EV - 08/04 & 08/05/08: (Eddie solo, w/Liam Finn) NYC I & II, 11/27 & 11/28/12: (Eddie solo, w/Glen Hansard) Orlando I & II, 02/09 & 02/10/22: (Eddie & the Earthlings) Chicago I & II, 09/30/23: (Eddie & the Earthlings) Ohana Festival

Song Wishlist: Oceans, Brother, Alone, Let Me Sleep, full W.M.A., Hold On, all of Vitalogy or Satan's Bed, Gremmie Out Of Control, Mankind, Around The Bend (full band), Don't Gimme No Lip, Pilate, Push Me Pull Me, All Those Yesterdays, Rival, Parting Ways (full band), You Are, Bu$hleaguer, Inside Job, low octave Driftin', Strangest Tribe, Other Side, Undone, Of The Earth, Love Reign O'er Me, Comfortably Numb, and the Mamasan Trilogy.

Wanted Posters: WPB '98, Tampa/WPB '00, Tampa '03, EV Batmobile '08        ISO: any picks, or setlists from any of my shows!

• Options
    Lostpawn said:
    laa1025 said:
    My best friend basically stopped listening to new music sometime in the early 2000s. When I asked him (day of) if he wanted me to score him tickets in the Denver Verified Presale, his response was “Not really sure. Give me a couple of weeks to figure it out. Pearl Jam don’t sell out that fast, right?”
    A friend I met through another band messaged me just before the 10club / verified fan presales. He wanted to know if I could pick up an extra 2 or 4 tix for the Baltimore show for him because he and his wife had never seen them and it was a Sat night show. I tried my hardest not to be rude :lol:

• Options
    moleculemolecule Posts: 611
    I had this crazy thought that they added a pair of tickets to the featured section of the shop. So I checked. Nothing there. Man I really want to go to this show!
    🤙
  • Options
    tdawe said:
    laa1025 said:

Thats hilarious
  • Options
    MR242791 said:

UGH. oh well the speaker is nice and Alexa is fun to talk to lol

38 concerts and counting
  • Options
    Lostpawn said:
    laa1025 said:
    A friend I met through another band messaged me just before the 10club / verified fan presales. He wanted to know if I could pick up an extra 2 or 4 tix for the Baltimore show for him because he and his wife had never seen them and it was a Sat night show. I tried my hardest not to be rude :lol:
    After the tour was announced a neighbor texted me saying that he'd "consider trying to go to" the MSG show. My response started with "I don't want to be rude but..."
  • Options
    iO letsgo said:
    MR242791 said:

mine as well.  it must be successfully linked to your XM account

I guess i wasn't successful at linking sirius to my ehco :s
    38 concerts and counting
  • Options
    tdawe said:
    Lostpawn said:
    laa1025 said:
    After the tour was announced a neighbor texted me saying that he'd "consider trying to go to" the MSG show. My response started with "I don't want to be rude but..."
    “If our dinner ends early enough we may walk down to the box office and buy some PJ tickets...”
  • Options
    Fun tidbit: last time PJ played tampa (home of the tampa bay lightning), they got the arena to hit the goal signal (a giant lightning bolt) when they played this🤘🏼