Pearl Jam's Gigaton in Dolby Atmos - A Truly Unique Listening Experience .. Postponed

Comments

• demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,314
    biz said:

Sweet! :)

• MW105723MW105723 Posts: 13
    demetrios said:
    Snagged some for the Marcus Theatre near me! Thanks for the heads up!

Minneapolis 6-30-98, St. Louis 7-2-98, Bonner Springs 7-3-98, East Troy 10-08-00, Chicago 10-09-00, Bonner Springs 6-12-2003, St. Paul 6-16-03, Chicago 6-18-03, East Troy 6-21-03, St. Paul 6-26-06, St. Paul 6-27-06, Milwaukee 6-29-06, Chicago 8-23-09, Wrigley 7-19-13, St. Paul 10-19-14, Wrigley 8-22-16, Wrigley 8-18-18, Wrigley 8-20-18, Oakland 5-12-22, Oakland 5-13-22, St. Paul 8-31-23, St. Paul 9-2-23, Chicago 9-7-23, Ft. Worth 9-15-23
  • shetellsherselfshetellsherself New Jersey Posts: 8,765
    edited March 2020
    yeah I’m in!  So excited for this.  After trying for Baltimore since day 1 and just missing so many and feeling rather hopeless on Apollo this feels like a serious victory!
    Post edited by shetellsherself on
    5/3/92 Omaha, NE
    6/19/95 Red Rocks
    9/11/98 MSG
    11/19/12 EV solo Tulsa
    7/19/13 Wrigley 10/19/13 Brooklyn 2 10/21/13 Philly 1 10/22/13 Philly 2 10/25/13 Hartford
    10/08/14 Tulsa 10/09/14 Lincoln
    9/26/15 New York City
    4/16/16 Greenville 4/28/16 Philly 1 4/29/16 Philly 2 5/1/16 MSG 1 5/2/16 MSG 2 8/7/16 Fenway 2 8/20/16 Wrigley 1
    4/7/17 RRHOF New York City
    9/02/18 Fenway 1 9/04/2018 Fenway 2
    9/18/21 Asbury Park
    9/11/22 New York City
    9/14/22 Camden
  • Red Mosquito75Red Mosquito75 Moline IL Posts: 1,034
    No showtimes at theatre close to me. 
    This is Not For You

WORLD PREMIERE NEW PEARL JAM ALBUM AT KINEPOLIS

After seven years of absence, Pearl Jam, the cult rock band, returns with a new album Gigaton, completely mixed in Dolby Atmos. For this occasion a world premiere is being organized in the Dolby Atmos (Laser ULTRA) halls in the Netherlands, and also at Kinepolis.

A unique event, the first of its kind: Pearl Jam will present their latest album in the cinema for the first time, because Gigaton is recorded in Dolby Atmos and you naturally want to listen to this in Dolby Atmos too! This is especially possible at all Kinepolis locations with Dolby Atmos rooms; Almere, Den Bosch, Dordrecht, Enschede and Jaarbeurs Utrecht.

Fans will be able to discover the new Pearl Jam album in the best possible listening conditions. The event will be accompanied by images of the band's universe projected onto the big screen. One night only. So don't miss it! Tickets can be purchased from now on.

Laser ULTRA: Razor-sharp image and Dolby Atmos sound
    Laser ULTRA from Kinepolis is the unique combination of a 4K laser projector and amazing Dolby Atmos sound. The razor-sharp laser projection is combined with the ultramodern sound system from Dolby Atmos. Experience the ultimate surround sound in rooms with this spectacular sound system - with no fewer than 64 speakers in the walls and ceiling of the room. That means that you are completely drawn into the film not only in terms of image, but also in terms of sound. An absolute enrichment of your cinema experience!

Practical information:

When: Wednesday, March 25
        Start of show: 8 p.m.
        Walk in: 7:30 PM
        Play time: 80 minutes
        Experience in: Kinepolis Almere, Den Bosch, Dordrecht, Enschede and Jaarbeurs Utrecht.
        More info & tickets

• axellaire8axellaire8 Belgium Posts: 222
    For Belgium (Kinépolis cinema), the link with the infos is not working anymore today (yesterday, it still worked). Maybe the announcement is for today..... I hope that they have not removed it in Belgium ...
    ....and come back today with the link to buy tix. Can't wait!! See you there!

1996: Paris/2006: Paris/2007: Werchter/2010: Werchter/2012: Amsterdam 1 and Werchter/2014: Amsterdam 1&2 and Werchter/2018: Amsterdam 1&2 and Werchter/2022: Werchter and Amsterdam 2

EV: 2012: Amsterdam/2017: Antwerpen/2019: Bruxelles

"Fans will be able to discover the new Pearl Jam album in the best possible listening conditions. The event will be accompanied by images of the band's universe projected onto the big screen. One night only. So don't miss it! Tickets can be purchased from now on."

http://persberichten.deperslijst.com/153371/persbericht-wereldpremire-nieuw-pearl-jam-album-bij-kinepolis.html
  • pjl44pjl44 Posts: 7,958
    Props to AMC for prominently featuring Stone

• How to convince the wife this is worth a babysitter. Not going well 
  • RBAlive2727RBAlive2727 Posts: 97
    edited March 2020
    Post deleted. See the Posting Guidelines and TOS
    Post edited by Sea on
    6/27/06 St. Paul**MN
    11/16/13 OKC**OK
    10/09/14 Lincoln**NE
    10/19/14 St. Paul**MN
    5/02/16 NYC**MSG #2
    8/20/16 Chicago**IL Wrigley #1
    8/13/18 Missoula**MT WA-Grizz Stadium 
    8/18/18 Chicago**IL Wrigley #1 
    4/2/20 Nashville**TN 
    4/4/20 St. Louis**MO 

• kramer73kramer73 Posts: 2,594
    edited March 2020

People still talk like this?
    Post edited by Sea on
  • igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,141
    The only AMC that's showing it for now is in Jersey
    I miss igotid88
  • RenfieldRenfield NYC NY Posts: 1,054
    igotid88 said:
    Thank you 🙏  I have been checking the AMC and Landmark sites like crazy for word...  :)
  • jxchamb1jxchamb1 Posts: 82
    No showings in Connecticut??   :s
  • CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,012
    igotid88 said:
    I got tix in stony brook, LI
  • wiscojamwiscojam Appleton Posts: 291
    I can't believe this is playing locally near me. already snagged Tix. I'll buy a beer at the showing for the first PJ nerd that says they're in at Valley Grand Marcus.
     =)  ;)
  • AM64849AM64849 Posts: 2
    I grabbed my tickets for the showing at Kinepolis Utrecht last Thursday 🤷🏻‍♀️ I wasn’t missing out on a pretty cool night out for my birthday 😉
    CROJAM95 said:
    igotid88 said:
    I'm looking for Manhattan. 
    I miss igotid88
    igotid88 said:
    CROJAM95 said:
    igotid88 said:
    1:57 p.m. Coming Soon

Renfield said:
    igotid88 said:
    CROJAM95 said:
    igotid88 said:
    1:57 p.m. Coming Soon

Yea I know. I was talking AMC. I have the rewards.
    I miss igotid88
    igotid88 said:
    Renfield said:
    igotid88 said:
    CROJAM95 said:
    igotid88 said:

Yea I know. I was talking AMC. I have the rewards.
    Sorry- I thought it was only playing at Landmark 57 in NYC. 
    edited March 2020

One-night only: Pearl Jam's 'Gigaton' expected to hit Canadian cinemas on March 25

Published Wednesday, March 4, 2020 1:40PM EST Last Updated Wednesday, March 4, 2020 1:42PM EST

Eddie Vedder, of Pearl Jam, performs at the Global Citizen Festival in Central Park in New York. (Photo by Greg Allen/Invision/AP, File)

TORONTO -- Didn't get tickets to Pearl Jam shows in Canada? The Seattle rockers are expected to release their highly anticipated 11th studio album "Gigaton" in select theatres for a one-night only "global event," just two days before the album drops.

Eddie Vedder and company are set to release the band's first studio album since 2013's Grammy-winning "Lightning Bolt" on March 27. But for those who didn't snag tickets to their shows for the upcoming 2020 tour, or want to hear the new album early, fans can prepare to head to a select handful of theatres on March 25.

That’s when fans are anticipating the "truly unique listening experience" of listening to "Gigaton" in its entirety at select theatres around the world.

Though the band has yet to officially announce the "global event," rumours have been rampant on social media.

AMC Theatres south of the border has the Gigaton experience listed on its website.

"This is an opportunity for fans to gather and enjoy the group’s anxiously awaited new album, Gigaton with an amazing cinematic experience which will also be enhanced with visuals as Pearl Jam project their vision like never before with an experiential event befitting of Gigaton’s scope, size, and spirit," reads a description. "The Gigaton Listening Experience includes a playback of the entire album in Dolby Atmos. Since this 3D sound system is still new to the consumer market, Pearl Jam fans will have a unique opportunity to hear the album in a completely different way."

Pearl Jam Gigaton in theatres

In Canada, Landmark Cinemas has advertised the Gigaton showings for theatres in Regina and Kelowna, B.C., publishing a poster of the event. However, event information has yet to be detailed on the website.

Pearl Jam Gigaton in theatres

As of Wednesday morning, Cineplex couldn't confirm whether the entertainment company will be participating in the Pearl Jam event.

The Rock & Roll Hall of Fame inductees have released two singles since announcing the new album on Jan. 13: “Dance of the Clairvoyants” and "Superblood Wolfmoon."

Last month, guitarist Mike McCready said making the new album was a "long journey" for the band.

“It was emotionally dark and confusing at times, but also an exciting and experimental road map to musical redemption," he said in a statement. "Collaborating with my bandmates on 'Gigaton' ultimately gave me greater love, awareness and knowledge of the need for human connection in these times.”

The album features artwork by award-winning Canadian photographer and co-founder of conservation company SeaLegacy Paul Nicklen. Nicklen's 2014 image, "Ice Waterfall," depicts a melting glacier in Svalbard, Norway.

Pearl Jam will kick off their 2020 tour in Toronto on March 18. They make stops in Ottawa, Quebec City and Hamilton before heading to the U.S.

• CROJAM95 said:
    igotid88 said:
    From the city to Stonybrook on a Wednesday afternoon... I'm trying to stay out of the LIE at rush hour :) 
    Severed Hand