RIP Kobe Bryant

167891012»

Comments

• CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,015
    edited February 2020
    The thought of Kobe telling the pilot

” hey just go, she needs to make this game” has entered my mind

regardless

hes the pilot.... it’s his decision, safety of those people is the highest priority

we will never know their conversation

we do know he took a huge risk, and it turned out horribly 
    Post edited by CROJAM95 on
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    DewieCox said:
    I’m guessing Kobe had a say in whether they flew or not. How much culpability did/does he have?

Just greedy crap. You want to do something charitable? Fine , Sue for a million or some symbolic amount and help the other victims with their lawsuits. 

No need to get up in arms over somebody with a different viewpoint. 
    if my professional pilot says he can fly, I trust him. full stop. 

when I get on a bus I don't ask the driver if it's too slippery for his level of experience. ridiculous. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• mace1229mace1229 Posts: 8,956
    edited February 2020
    The only comment I have about the lawsuit is why wouldn't she wait for a report? Yes, weather seems like a likely cause, but they havent rules out a malfunction or anything else, right? And didnt he own the helicopter and charter the pilot? Seems like another reason to wait for a report.

Post edited by mace1229 on
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,171
    mace1229 said:
    The only comment I have about the lawsuit is why wouldn't she wait for a report? Yes, weather seems like a likely cause, but they havent rules out a malfunction or anything else, right?

my guess is so the company can't declare bankruptcy before a suit is filed but don't know for sure. i'm sure vanessa herself has very little to do with the suit being filed. i'm sure his legal team is all over it
  • mace1229mace1229 Posts: 8,956
    pjhawks said:
    mace1229 said:
    The only comment I have about the lawsuit is why wouldn't she wait for a report? Yes, weather seems like a likely cause, but they havent rules out a malfunction or anything else, right?

my guess is so the company can't declare bankruptcy before a suit is filed but don't know for sure. i'm sure vanessa herself has very little to do with the suit being filed. i'm sure his legal team is all over it
    But just seems like destined to fail if they havent established why it crashed.
    I'm not going to sue another driver of a car crash before they determine who is at fault.
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,171
    mace1229 said:
    pjhawks said:
    mace1229 said:

But just seems like destined to fail if they havent established why it crashed.
    I'm not going to sue another driver of a car crash before they determine who is at fault.
    well they said no engine failure already.  as i said i'm sure his team has it's reasons for filing early.
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,710
    Damn, it's been one year already :disappointed:
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    Damn, it's been one year already :disappointed:
    kinda seems like yesterday and 3 years ago all at the same time. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• tbergstbergs Posts: 9,195
    One of the last normal news stories we had before Covid took over. Still unbelievable.

I completely agree wth the lawsuit though. Kobe's future value is hard to measure; once in a generation talent. And there's no price high enough to replace losing a child.
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    tbergs said:
    One of the last normal news stories we had before Covid took over. Still unbelievable.

I completely agree wth the lawsuit though. Kobe's future value is hard to measure; once in a generation talent. And there's no price high enough to replace losing a child.
    Or being raped.
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,587
    dankind said:
    tbergs said:

Or being raped.
    Allegedly

:Drum_monkey_rim_shot:
    The love he receives is the love that is saved