RIP Kobe Bryant

Comments

• MedozKMedozK Tennessee Posts: 9,209
    mrussel1 said:
    MedozK said:
    Just ways to try and make ones favorite athlete better than others, by trying to find negative things about others... very Trumpesque. 
    Oh give me a break.  You think this is what I do? Im a Lebron guy because im from Cleveland,  but I don't take anything from Jordan's game.  It's also not like any of us have influence.  We're just shooting the shit on a rock band board. 
    Lol, don’t be offended, just shooting the shit on a rock band board.
  • mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,600
    MedozK said:
    mrussel1 said:
    MedozK said:
    Just ways to try and make ones favorite athlete better than others, by trying to find negative things about others... very Trumpesque. 
    Oh give me a break.  You think this is what I do? Im a Lebron guy because im from Cleveland,  but I don't take anything from Jordan's game.  It's also not like any of us have influence.  We're just shooting the shit on a rock band board. 
    Well, I do get offended if someone compares me, even a little to that POS.  
  • MedozKMedozK Tennessee Posts: 9,209
    mrussel1 said:
    MedozK said:
    mrussel1 said:
    MedozK said:
    Lmao.... ooohhh ok Lol. Totally , sorry bout that. I had to look back,,,, thinking who did I compare him too... lol sorry again. 
  • Am I the only one who thought that was more of a funeral than a celebration/tribute?
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,382
    mrussel1 said:
    MedozK said:
    mrussel1 said:
    MedozK said:

which POS are we talking about? :confounded:
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Am I the only one who thought that was more of a funeral than a celebration/tribute?
    Everyone is on such pins and needles with this situation that no one wants to offend anyone and not seem like they aren't honoring Kobe.

Yes they made it seem very somber and I like what Lebron said on making it a celebration of his life because it's been doom and gloom all week.
  • cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,632
    Still cant believe it
  • goldrushgoldrush everybody knows this is nowhere Posts: 7,258
    I really like these 2 pieces that Bosslogic posted on Instagram:

“Do not postpone happiness”
    (Jeff Tweedy, Sydney 2007)

“Put yer good money on the sunrise”
    (Tim Rogers)
    Love that Ed dedicated a song to Kobe. 
  • HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,416
    Are we still grieving this guy a month later?  Holy hell.  I mean, it sucks that he died but christ, you'd think it was the fucking pope or president.
    neil peart was a greater loss :runs_away:

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,416
    Wobbie said:
    Most certainly.
    Wobbie said:
    If you enjoy rock over sports sure.  Everyone’s different.  
    Both influenced generations of people.  Both deaths left a void. 

Obviously one was way more popular with the public.   Either way people care. 
  • Wobbie said:
    If you enjoy rock over sports sure.  Everyone’s different.  
    Both influenced generations of people.  Both deaths left a void. 

Obvioutsly one was way more popular with the public.   Either way people care. 
    I don’t by think there was this much grieving when Elvis died...
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,582
    Kobe's wife talking about her daughter is fucking brutal. Heart breaking. 
  • Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,712
    edited February 2020
    MJ speaking at the Kobe tribute...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X_ZhIfRRhs4
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
    so, the $50M Kobe extorted out of the Lakers for his last two years wasn’t enough? vanessa had to sue the copter company, too?

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,411
    What a greedy bitch move.
  • mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,600
    There won't even be a TSA report for a year.  Is she going for a quick settlement?
    maybe she’ll take another $7M purple diamond.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,012
    You guys are terrible

like a bunch of whining gossipy high schoolers

lawsuits are filed for all different reasons... I’m sure she has enough money

jesus I thought Fox News trolls were bad 
    if you’re asking for money, it’s about money.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    edited February 2020
    Are we still grieving this guy a month later?  Holy hell.  I mean, it sucks that he died but christ, you'd think it was the fucking pope or president.
    Dude, I think the RIP Chris Cornell thread was on page 1 of The Porch until 2020 North American tour rumors started heating up.
    Post edited by dankind on
    I SAW PEARL JAM
    CROJAM95 said:
    You guys are terrible

like a bunch of whining gossipy high schoolers

lawsuits are filed for all different reasons... I’m sure she has enough money

jesus I thought Fox News trolls were bad 

Offering an opinion isn’t whining. 

If it’s not about money, sue for a reasonable amount. 
  • CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,012
    Reasonable amount.... how do you calculate that? Guy was 41, just won an Oscar...... would have made a few hundred million dollars more in life

A) you don’t know what she would do with a potential payout? Give it all away, charities, other family’s who lost loved ones

B) want to talk about opinions? Mine was on day one... this pilot royally fucked up... it was clear as day ( no pun intended) he should not have done what he did.... I didn’t say boo, but the report the other day of him doing this before, also day 1 said he could only fly visually..... this was more than preventable 

anybody would do what she did.
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,171
    CROJAM95 said:
    Reasonable amount.... how do you calculate that? Guy was 41, just won an Oscar...... would have made a few hundred million dollars more in life

A) you don’t know what she would do with a potential payout? Give it all away, charities, other family’s who lost loved ones

B) want to talk about opinions? Mine was on day one... this pilot royally fucked up... it was clear as day ( no pun intended) he should not have done what he did.... I didn’t say boo, but the report the other day of him doing this before, also day 1 said he could only fly visually..... this was more than preventable 

anybody would do what she did.
    agree. can't believe there are people here complaining she (his team) is suing the helicopter company. really?  they killed her husband and 13 year daughter and 6 others because their pilot fucked up. i hope the other families sue the fuck out of them too.
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,582
    Yeah, for 2 seconds, I was like that's kinda weird, then I thought about it for 2 more seconds and came to my senses.
    I’m guessing Kobe had a say in whether they flew or not. How much culpability did/does he have?

Just greedy crap. You want to do something charitable? Fine , Sue for a million or some symbolic amount and help the other victims with their lawsuits. 

No need to get up in arms over somebody with a different viewpoint. 
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,171
    edited February 2020
    DewieCox said:
    I’m guessing Kobe had a say in whether they flew or not. How much culpability did/does he have?

Just greedy crap. You want to do something charitable? Fine , Sue for a million or some symbolic amount and help the other victims with their lawsuits. 

No need to get up in arms over somebody with a different viewpoint. 
    kobe has no culpability.  if you buy an airline ticket and the plane crashes do you not expect your family to sue because well  you chose to get on the plane?  come on dude.  stop trying to hold them to a different level because they have money.
  • JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,810
    This thread is a masterclass in believing what you want to believe. 

"...I changed by not changing at all..."