Options

It’s crazy how many songwriters

Are on this board. I’m jealous. Wish I had your talent. Lots of critics which is fine but after writing hundreds of songs, the fact they can still put out songs like DotC and SBWM is pretty impressive. Would love to see the haters do better

Comments

• Options
    1STmammal2wearPants1STmammal2wearPants Worcester, MA Posts: 2,837
    edited February 2020
    This is a community. People not allowed to have an opinion?

That being said, I’ve been spinning Dance nonstop lately. I see Superblood as harmless, but something akin to Supersonic on Backspacer that will be a skip. 
    2003 Mansfield III 
    2004 Boston I 
    2006 Boston I 
    2008 Bonnaroo, Hartford, Mansfield I 
    2010 Hartford 
    2013 Worcester I, Worcester II, Hartford 
    2016 Bonnaroo, Boston I, Boston II 
    2018 Boston I, Boston II 
    2021 Sea.Hear.Now
    2022 Camden
    2024 Boston I, Boston II
  • Options
    YAKIMATSUYAKIMATSU Santa Fe Posts: 548
    JR86440 said:
    Are on this board. I’m jealous. Wish I had your talent. Lots of critics which is fine but after writing hundreds of songs, the fact they can still put out songs like DotC and SBWM is pretty impressive. Would love to see the haters do better

Sheep are cute.
  • Options
    JR86440JR86440 Posts: 737
    Can’t argue with that. Just saying at this point in their careers I am hoping for handful of songs they can play live and really enjoy. Lightning bolt is a fun song live for example. Is it Given to a Fly? Absolutely not. Doubt they will write another “classic” but they still put out some really fun songs 
  • Options
    PB11041PB11041 Earth Posts: 2,767
    Don't look for validation from anyone else if you like the song.  Equally if a song is not your thing don't spend time trying to justify and groupthink your dislike. 

There are thousands of great records that nobody really listens to, and I don't dare try to diagnose why.
    His eminence has yet to show. 
    http://www.hi5sports.org/ (Sports Program for Kids with Disabilities)
    http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=3652

• Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,756
    JR86440 said:
    Can’t argue with that. Just saying at this point in their careers I am hoping for handful of songs they can play live and really enjoy. Lightning bolt is a fun song live for example. Is it Given to a Fly? Absolutely not. Doubt they will write another “classic” but they still put out some really fun songs 
    If you enjoy it that is great. Some people will not. I can't stand Just Breathe. My wife loves it. I am ok with that. 
  • Options
    Critical thinking is just not cool.
    Baaa
  • Options
    YAKIMATSU said:
    Baaa
    Critical is fine. There are songs they have I don’t care for or skip often. Just doesn’t make sense to go on net and bash, but then again, social media doesn’t make much sense to me.
  • Options
    JR86440 said:
    YAKIMATSU said:
    Baaa
    Critical is fine. There are songs they have I don’t care for or skip often. Just doesn’t make sense to go on net and bash, but then again, social media doesn’t make much sense to me.
    So, you were just looking for a fight or to show how much better you are than the "haters". Gotcha. You win. Enjoy.
    Btw, the song is ok. I will leave you to your center of the universe thinking. 
  • Options
    YAKIMATSU said:
    JR86440 said:
    YAKIMATSU said:
    Baaa
    So, you were just looking for a fight or to show how much better you are than the "haters". Gotcha. You win. Enjoy.
    Btw, the song is ok. I will leave you to your center of the
    JR86440 said:
    YAKIMATSU said:
    Baaa
    Btw, the song is ok. I will leave you to your center of the universe thinking. 
    Haha. You are funny. 
  • Options
    False_BeliefFalse_Belief Cardiff Posts: 749

I'm far from a Pearl Jam stan but some of the criticisms of the new songs (which, going by some of the timestamps, can't have been posted after more than a couple of listens) are laughable.   Saw a few examples of "this song has too many words for my liking" (paraphrasing) earler today and I almost spat out my coffee.  

People expecting another Alive or Given To Fly at this point really haven't been paying attention to the career trajectories of, well, basically every major recording artist in the history of popular music.  

Leeds 2006, London 2007, Hartford 2008, London Shepherds Bush 2009, London O2 2009, Dublin 2010, London Hyde Park 2010, Amsterdam 1 2012, Amsterdam 2 2012, Berlin 1 2012, EV solo London 30/7/2012, Berlin 2014, Stockholm 2014, Milton Keynes 2014, Amsterdam 1 2018, London 1 2018, London 2 2018, EV solo Dublin 2019, London 1 2022, London 2 2022, New York City 2022 

• Options

I'm far from a Pearl Jam stan but some of the criticisms of the new songs (which, going by some of the timestamps, can't have been posted after more than a couple of listens) are laughable.   Saw a few examples of "this song has too many words for my liking" (paraphrasing) earler today and I almost spat out my coffee.  

People expecting another Alive or Given To Fly at this point really haven't been paying attention to the career trajectories of, well, basically every major recording artist in the history of popular music.  

Haha. I saw that detailed thoughtful critique as well..too funny. Seems like a lot of “can’t wait for new fukn music. I’m pumped. Man this sounds like Backspacer, Lighting Bolt. The guitars sound so bland, too many words. This sucks” etc.😂😂
  • Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,540
    Or.....we all have different styles we like better than others.  Not everyone likes Supersonic and Big Wave.  Not everyone likes MYM or Lightning Bolt.  Some hate Just Breathe and Future Days while some love it.  We can all post what we think on this forum good or bad.   I think most of us can figure out in a few listens if a song is going to be one you love or skip. 
  • Options
    pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,202
    JR86440 said:
    no offense but this is such a dumb argument.  are you a chef? if not doe that mean you can't rate your meal in a restaurant?  there has never been a song written that everyone likes. it is what it is.  everyone has an opinion so let it be.
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,625
    People can only have an opinion if they can do something better?
    :lol:

The love he receives is the love that is saved