Fan-To-Fan Face Value Ticket Exchange

Comments

• JBC7913JBC7913 Posts: 379
    JBC7913 said:
    pjl44 said:
    pjl44 said:

I need 2 tickets to Baltimore...

Been trying to come to terms with the fact that this will be an extreme longshot.  This fan-to-fan exchange is going to be EXTREMELY limited and the majority of the small number of tickets available will likely be singles.  It is hard to imagine very many folks who scored a pair of tickets to this show will later decide (or be forced to for reasons beyond their control) to say, "Nah, can't make the show."

Other than getting exceptionally lucky and scoring 2 on the fan exchange, I am trying to discern my options.  Thus far, I have only seen obnoxiously high prices on ticketing websites I have never heard of but allegedly let people sell access to their TM account for purposes of entering the show.  Even if I could come up with the money, not sure I would trust this process....

Are there any other legal and/or feasible ways of getting 2 tickets to Baltimore?  I have heard about the possibility of a "Platinum Seat" package but I don't see anything yet for this show.

Are there other options I have not considered?

Getting back to the exchange, I would pound it as soon as it opens for a day or two. Wouldn't surprise me to see pairs pop up right away. People who put in for 10C with friends and they both hit. People who grabbed VF/public tix as well as 10C and throw back whichever is "worse." Etc.

If you can wait, I predict another spike as it gets within a day or two of the show. Plans change, people flake, people give up on finding someone for their extras. Plus the holds that mpedone mentioned. Depending on how much effort you can put toward it, I think it's more likely than not that you can score tickets.

Thanks for the shot of optimism!
    You bet. That's how I'd approach it if I were in your shoes. If they schedule a single show in Boston this fall, I may very well be in your shoes!
    pjl44 said:
    pjl44 said:

I need 2 tickets to Baltimore...

Been trying to come to terms with the fact that this will be an extreme longshot.  This fan-to-fan exchange is going to be EXTREMELY limited and the majority of the small number of tickets available will likely be singles.  It is hard to imagine very many folks who scored a pair of tickets to this show will later decide (or be forced to for reasons beyond their control) to say, "Nah, can't make the show."

Other than getting exceptionally lucky and scoring 2 on the fan exchange, I am trying to discern my options.  Thus far, I have only seen obnoxiously high prices on ticketing websites I have never heard of but allegedly let people sell access to their TM account for purposes of entering the show.  Even if I could come up with the money, not sure I would trust this process....

Are there any other legal and/or feasible ways of getting 2 tickets to Baltimore?  I have heard about the possibility of a "Platinum Seat" package but I don't see anything yet for this show.

Are there other options I have not considered?

Getting back to the exchange, I would pound it as soon as it opens for a day or two. Wouldn't surprise me to see pairs pop up right away. People who put in for 10C with friends and they both hit. People who grabbed VF/public tix as well as 10C and throw back whichever is "worse." Etc.

If you can wait, I predict another spike as it gets within a day or two of the show. Plans change, people flake, people give up on finding someone for their extras. Plus the holds that mpedone mentioned. Depending on how much effort you can put toward it, I think it's more likely than not that you can score tickets.

Thanks for the shot of optimism!
    You bet. That's how I'd approach it if I were in your shoes. If they schedule a single show in Boston this fall, I may very well be in your shoes!
    That is kind of a funny visual....like you have to wear his (or her....or them or its' for that matter) shoes to get tickets...
    https://youtu.be/nd9iOpMSOns

Shoe the shoeless
    And you linked my YouTube account! Too funny. :)
    Small small world! 
  • OceansJennyOceansJenny Manhattan, NY Posts: 3,171
    Sadly I'm pretty sure I will be listing my Baltimore tickets on the exchange.  They are far back on the floor and I badly injured my knee and will likely have to have surgery.  I'll need more accessible seats if I'm going to go.  
    As much as I would love to be the buyer of your tickets, perhaps try to set up a swap with someone who has non-floor seats? 
    DC '03 - Reading '04 - Philly '05 - Camden 1 '06 - DC '06 - E. Rutherford '06 - The Vic '07 - Lollapalooza '07 - DC '08 - EV DC 1 & 2 '08 (Met Ed!!) - EV Baltimore 1 & 2 '09 - EV NYC 1 '11 (Met Ed!) - Hartford '13 - GCF '15 - MSG 2 '16 - TOTD MSG '16 - Boston 1 & 2 '18 - SHN '21 - EV NYC 1 & 2 '22 - MSG '22
  • Sadly I'm pretty sure I will be listing my Baltimore tickets on the exchange.  They are far back on the floor and I badly injured my knee and will likely have to have surgery.  I'll need more accessible seats if I'm going to go.  
    You might want to call the venue and see if they can accommodate you.  I had the same situation - I broke my tibia/fibula and was on crutches and had a ticket to a concert at the Wiltern here in Los Angeles.  I called the box office, and they said they'd be able to help me out.  My ticket was in the very last row, and they allowed me to exchange it for ADA seating that ended up being in the 5th row.  I was worried, but they were really cool about it.
    11.11.93 (Denton) | 9.16.95 (Austin) | 7.5.98 (Dallas) | 10.31.00 (Mountain View) | 10.6.09 (LA) | 11.23.13 (LA) | 11.24.13 (LA) | 9.26.21 (Ohana) | 10.2.21 (Ohana Encore) | 5.6.22 (LA) | 5.7.22 (LA)
  • MakeUSmileMakeUSmile NJ Posts: 1,059
    Sadly I'm pretty sure I will be listing my Baltimore tickets on the exchange.  They are far back on the floor and I badly injured my knee and will likely have to have surgery.  I'll need more accessible seats if I'm going to go.  
    @ptricia435 im sorry to hear about your injury. as others have said, I would try and call venue and see what they can do. If not, I’m sure you will be able to get rid of them very easily on the exchange.  I will Be scouring day and night for some tickets for friends and family! 
    can you feel this world with your heart and not your brain?
  • mpedonempedone 540xxx - Manchester, NH Posts: 1,772

I'll echo what others have said and suggest calling the venue first. If you do decide to sell, just make sure you have other tickets before you list yours!
    "I'm a lucky man, to count on both hands the [shows I've done]. Some folks just have one, others they got none..."

Hartford 10.02.96 | Mansfield 2 09.16.98 | Mansfield 1 08.29.00 | Mansfield 1 07.02.03 | Mansfield 3 07.11.03 | Boston 2 05.25.06 | Tampa 04.11.16 | Fenway 1 08.05.16 | Fenway 2 08.07.16 | Fenway 1 09.02.18 | Fenway 2 09.04.18 | Baltimore 03.28.20 | Hamilton 09.06.22 | Toronto 09.08.22 | Nashville 09.16.22 | St Louis 09.18.22

"He made the deal with the devil, we get to play with him.
    He goes to hell, of course. We're going to heaven."
  • Do we have the info of when this starts on Tuesday & how it all works? Only a couple of days away, you would think we would know what’s up by now.
  • Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,094
    Do we have the info of when this starts on Tuesday & how it all works? Only a couple of days away, you would think we would know what’s up by now.

Good question. 

Probably there will be a seating chart. Outside of 3 small markets, for a few brief occurrences, there will be tiny blue dots on the available seats for about 0.000001 seconds.

Other than that, the exchange will be showing this message:

"Tickets are sold out now. Check back soon."

• BugCityForTheNightBugCityForTheNight Canberra, Australia Posts: 73
    Do we have the info of when this starts on Tuesday & how it all works? Only a couple of days away, you would think we would know what’s up by now.

Good question. 

Probably there will be a seating chart. Outside of 3 small markets, for a few brief occurrences, there will be tiny blue dots on the available seats for about 0.000001 seconds.

Other than that, the exchange will be showing this message:

"Tickets are sold out now. Check back soon."

This sums it up perfectly, but hopefully some people get lucky!

2006 - Melb RLA night 1
    2009 - Sydney Brisbane Melbourne
    2011 - EV Sydney 1, 2, 3 & Canberra
    2014 - EV Sydney 1, 2, 3
    2020 - Hamilton, Baltimore, New York
  • JeBurkhardtJeBurkhardt Posts: 4,450
    edited February 2020
    This waiting for 2/18 is driving me crazy. I keep going back and forth on what to do. There are still tickets available behind the stage at OKC, which are slowly being bought, and I am tempted to buy them now to make sure I can at least see them. But then again, I want to wait until the exchange to see if I can get some better seats on it. The idea of missing out entirely because of my desire for better seats would really suck. The other option, just pointed out to me by a friend who is tired of me talking to him about it, would be to purchase some now, and if something better pops up on the exchange, put the ones behind the stage on the exchange and hope they sell. See what I mean about driving myself crazy!?    
    Post edited by JeBurkhardt on
  • Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,937
    This waiting for 2/18 is driving me crazy. I keep going back and forth on what to do. There are still tickets available behind the stage at OKC, which are slowly being bought, and I am tempted to buy them now to make sure I can at least see them. But then again, I want to wait until the exchange to see if I can get some better seats on it. The idea of missing out entirely because of my desire for better seats would really suck. The other option, just pointed out to me by a friend who is tired of me talking to him about it, would be to purchase some now, and if something better pops up on the exchange, put the ones behind the stage on the exchange and hope they sell. See what I mean about driving myself crazy!?    
    Just remember thought that there will be a lot of tix available very close to the show as people's plans change, etc.

This likely won't be a system where scalpers will buy up whatever becomes available.  Your biggest hurdle will be all of the people trying to better their positions.
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
  • tdawetdawe Posts: 1,990
    edited February 2020
    Just remember thought that there will be a lot of tix available very close to the show as people's plans change, etc.

This likely won't be a system where scalpers will buy up whatever becomes available.  Your biggest hurdle will be all of the people trying to better their positions.
    I used to agree with this, but it looks like the "gray market" tickets for Baltimore (the people selling TM account passwords on shady broker sites) have been moving. If that's true, then the scalpers might see some upside in plucking tickets off of the exchanges. (Obviously there's upside in them grabbing anything for MSG or Denver that happens to get listed, which is yet another reason why fans hoping that an exchange will help them get face value tix for those shows are barking up the wrong tree IMO). 
  • Sadly I'm pretty sure I will be listing my Baltimore tickets on the exchange.  They are far back on the floor and I badly injured my knee and will likely have to have surgery.  I'll need more accessible seats if I'm going to go.  
    I'll gladly buy those Baltimore tix. I got shut out every possible way so far and that's the closest venue for me.
  • How do I get into the fan-to-fan face value ticket exchange? Please help
  • CridderCridder Posts: 165
    I think it's funny people are saying they would buy tickets directly from people - other than NY and Denver, that's not how it works...
  • gotthebottlegotthebottle San Diego Posts: 2,308
    Cridder said:
    I think it's funny people are saying they would buy tickets directly from people - other than NY and Denver, that's not how it works...
    If someone wanted my 2 extra LA 1 and they wanted to walk in with me, I'd gladly sell to them directly. That CAN BE how it works....takes an honest seller
  • JM144705JM144705 Philadelphia Posts: 429
    Are we just checking on Ticketmaster like normal or is there a special site/link for the F2F tickets? 
  • JM144705 said:
    Are we just checking on Ticketmaster like normal or is there a special site/link for the F2F tickets? 

+1!!!

• stallmanstallman Posts: 4
    edited February 2020
     :o 
    Post edited by stallman on
  • Does anybody know when the exchange begins, or whether those who hold tickets will get a direct link?
  • BugCityForTheNightBugCityForTheNight Canberra, Australia Posts: 73
    stallman said:
    Nothing. This is a joke. Christ, just put the tickets up and have a free for all. I was 2k plus in line for Rage tickets and got on the floor. 

There are no tickets unless people are selling them. If no one decides to sell then there is nothing to put up??
    2006 - Melb RLA night 1
    2009 - Sydney Brisbane Melbourne
    2011 - EV Sydney 1, 2, 3 & Canberra
    2014 - EV Sydney 1, 2, 3
    2020 - Hamilton, Baltimore, New York
  • D-RodD-Rod Hamilton, Ontario Posts: 1,765
    JM144705 said:
    check on TM like normal 
    1996.....Toronto
    2005.....Hamilton
    2011.....Toronto N1, Toronto N2, Hamilton
    2013.....London, Buffalo
    2014.....Detroit
    2016.....Toronto N1 Toronto N2, Boston  N1, Boston N2, Chicago N1
    2018.....Seattle N1, Seattle N2
    2022.....San Diego, Los Angeles N1, Los Angeles N2, Phoenix, Oakland N1, Oakland N2, Quebec City, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto  
    2023.....Fort Worth N1, Fort Worth N2, Austin N1, Austin N2
    2024.....???? 
  • zarocatzarocat Posts: 1,901
    edited February 2020
    stallman said:
    Nothing. This is a joke. Christ, just put the tickets up and have a free for all. I was 2k plus in line for Rage tickets and got on the floor. 

There are no tickets unless people are selling them. If no one decides to sell then there is nothing to put up??
    My link to sell has not been activated yet
    Post edited by zarocat on
    1996: Toronto
    1998: Barrie
    2000: Montreal, Toronto, Auburn Hills
    2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal
    2004: Boston X2, Grand Rapids
    2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto
    2006: Toronto X2
    2009: Toronto
    2011: PJ20, Montreal, Toronto X2, Hamilton
    2012: Manchester X2, Amsterdam X2, Prague, Berlin X2, Philadelphia, Missoula
    2013: Pittsburg, Buffalo
    2014: Milan, Trieste, Vienna, Berlin, Stockholm, Oslo, Detroit
    2016: Ottawa, Toronto X2
    2018: Padova, Rome, Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Barcelona
    2022: Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto
    2023: Chicago X2
    2024: Noblesville 
  • Gonzo1977Gonzo1977 Posts: 1,671
    No link to sell on Ticketmaster - wasn't this supposed to happen today?
  • PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,624
    Gonzo1977 said:
    Today is still today. A time would have been nice but looks like we have to be patient. 
  • branscopbranscop Posts: 1,181
    PJNB said:
    Today is still today.

• tdawetdawe Posts: 1,990
    PJNB said:
    Gonzo1977 said:
    Today is still today. A time would have been nice but looks like we have to be patient. 
    Would be very funny if these all went live this evening at the same moment that Sirius plays the song of the week. 
  • PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,624
    tdawe said:
    PJNB said:
    Gonzo1977 said:
    Would be very funny if these all went live this evening at the same moment that Sirius plays the song of the week. 
    Us Canadians would be ok with that! 

• They really don’t want anyone to know how this works. Who the hell is gonna know that this is the F2F? Nothing here says anything about F2F.
    Hi, I host a Pearl Jam Podcast. We go back to some of the classic shows in their history and break down the entire setlist front to back. From historic perspective, to performances, to setlist construction, to fan stories. We do our best to capture the magic that is their live act and help you relive those memories, or if you weren't there, maybe turn you on to a show you've never heard before.

Live On 4 Legs can be found on Apple Podcast, Spotify and any other major podcast platform. But please support our website and check out the episodes archived there. Oh, and the Concertpedia as well (for you Five Horizons and Two Feet Thick fans, we've picked up where they've left off)

http://liveon4legs.com

• They really don’t want anyone to know how this works. Who the hell is gonna know that this is the F2F? Nothing here says anything about F2F.
    This does not work for F2F
  • JB274988JB274988 Posts: 287
    I've been checking TM all morning, still nothing for Baltimore yet.  All I need is one ticket anywhere in the place for my hometown show!!!
    Camden, NJ 06 -  Columbia, SC 08 - Washington D.C. 08 - Philadelphia, PA 09 - Bristow, VA 10 - Hartford, CT 10 - NYC, NY 10 - Alpine Valley, WI 11 - Baltimore, MD 13 - Ottawa, ON 20 - Baltimore, MD 20 - St. Louis, MO 20