Black Crowes double acoustic album, tour, hiatus, **RETURN**

Comments

• JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,810
    Too bad the Boston show is on a Wednesday. Had a pair of tickets in the cart but a 9pm start in Brighton on a weeknight won't work for me. Looks like great time though. 

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • ComeToTXComeToTX Austin Posts: 7,525
    got a BOAF ticket for Austin.  Looking forward to it.  I've only seen the Crowes once but this seemed like a cool opportunity.
    This show, another show, a show here and a show there.
  • 3days3days Posts: 1,151
    Brothers of a Feather sounds more on the level than the SYMM tour does... hard to explain why. Maybe appropriate venues, better mix of tunes, cheaper tickets, less gimmicky, etc? I'm bummed that I'll be out of town when they play Chicago. 

By the way, London's set looked great! Hotel Illness, Wiser Time, Thorn in My Pride... Good stuff there.
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,382
    ^^^^^

If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • willbarclaywillbarclay Ottawa, Canada Posts: 3,298
    I would have loved to catch one of these acoustic shows but none close enough for me to travel too.
    having said that, I will enjoy the summer tour. Shake you money maker is a solid rocking album. 
  • jjflashjjflash Posts: 4,815
    Brothers of a Feather -- Live at The Roxy has been re-released on vinyl and is now available on streaming services :bee:
    Vinyl can currently be purchased via Amazon. Hopefully independents will pick it up as well. More info can be found on TBC's IG feed.
    Ya I got my copy when it came out 2 weeks ago. Vinyl sounds good too. 
  • tusevuntusevun Posts: 217
    edited February 2020
    Post edited by tusevun on
    edited February 2020
    edited February 2020
    Is that you Hagar?
    edited February 2020
    Bahahaha 
    Anyone going to an upcoming acoustic show that could grab me a poster? Thanks 
  • DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,411
    Are they doing show posters or just the Heckyl and Jeckyl stuff?
    I’m sure it’s just the heckyl jeckyl one with no dates 
    some I’ve seen from the euro shows are signed too.
    I love the Crowes but the BOAF Roxy DVD didn’t do much for me. this setlist is more to my liking, tho.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    This is one of the best sounding aud recordings i have ever heard.
    http://crowesbase.com/tbc9702169_Paris.zip
     One Mirror Too Many
    Black Moon Jam -> Life Vest Jam -> Black Moon Creeping
    High Head Blues -> Jam
    Nasty Boogie Woogie
    Feathers
    Jam -> Thorn In My Pride
    Downtown Money Waster ->
    Share The Ride ->
    Gone
    Sting Me (Slow)
    Crow Black Chicken
    How Much For Your Wings? -> Space Jam ->
    Hard To Handle
    - encore -
    Better When You're Not Alone
    Come On Baby, Let's Go Downtown
    Jealous Again
  • DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,411
    Rumors that MFF is cancelling his tour and back on the junk. 
    hope the best for him.
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,710
    they played last night in philly. Small venue too and earlier that day for a WXPN Free at Noon show.

and from the Foundry (not my video)

bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • manitoumanmanitouman In My Head Posts: 1,073
    Nice to see them getting along and from what it appears, having fun!!
    Soldier Field, Chicago, IL 7-11-1995; United Center, Chicago, IL 6-29-1998; MGM Grand, Las Vegas, NV 10-22-2000 ~PJ10~; Pepsi Center, Denver, CO 4-1-2003; Cricket Pavilion, Phoenix, AZ 6-7-2003; United Center, Chicago, IL 6-18-2003; Alpine Valley, East Troy, WI 6-21-2003; Fox Theatre, St. Louis, MO 10-5-2004; The Gorge, George, WA 9-1-2005; United Center, Chicago, IL 5-16-2006; United Center, Chicago, IL 5-17-2006; Pepsi Center, Denver, CO 7-2-2006; Pepsi Center, Denver, CO 7-3-2006; United Center, Chicago, IL 8-23-2009; United Center, Chicago, IL 8-24-2009; Rogers Arena, Vancouver, BC 12-4-2013; Key Arena, Seattle, WA 12-6-2013; iWireless Arena, Moline, IL 10-17-2014 ~No Code Show~; Xcel Energy Center, St. Paul, MN 10-19-2014; Bradley Center, Milwaukee, WI 10-20-2014 ~Yield Show~; Pepsi Center, Denver, CO 10-22-2014 ~PJ24~: Wrigley Field 1 & 2, 2016; Safeco Field, Seattle Home Shows 1 & 2; Wrigley Field, Chicago Away Shows 1 & 2....
  • pjl44pjl44 Posts: 7,958
    Nice to see them getting along and from what it appears, having fun!!
    At least at the Boston show, Chris still has a bit of an edge to him. He got irritated when he was trying to talk between songs and there was crowd noise. He also joked about how people would go on social media and complain about them playing too many songs from Amorica. It's funny to watch him tamp it down and keep it light, but if you've seen them enough times you recognize when the pot is starting to simmer.
    edited February 2020
    You should look up the footage from Philly. He cursed them out for talking too much. Funny.
    i like the fact that he did that. Shows he’s still got that edge.

https://youtu.be/43V5P-zG8Do
    Post edited by willbarclay on
  • pjl44pjl44 Posts: 7,958
    You should look up the footage from Philly. He cursed them out for talking too much. Funny.
    i like the fact that he did that. Shows he’s still got that edge.

https://youtu.be/43V5P-zG8Do
    Ha....yes! Philly got it worse than us. And, yeah, I'm with you...I agree with him 100% and like that he addresses it.
    I caught the show last night in ATL at Terminal West. Soooo good to see the brothers together playing acoustic in such a small setting. Rich was sick so didn't do any singing and looked a little more miserable than usual, ha. If you're going to see an upcoming show I recommend not looking at the setlists if you want to be surprised. The sequencing is proving to be similar w/ the exception of two or three songs being mixed in. Overall a stellar set of songs, IMHO.

To piggyback on previous comments, Chris bagged on the Philly for singing along so loudly that he couldn't hear himself in the monitors, and commended the crowd for being so respectful by letting them to their thing. Chris spun a few good stories b/t songs and was in good spirts. A highlight was him giving a shout out to "Weird Old Eddie Harsch" before Descending saying he couldn't play "this song" without thinking of him. He spoke of the time he walked past past Eddie's open hotel door just before a show. He overheard the water running in the bathroom so he peeked in to see what was up and found Eddie running hot water over a pack of hot dogs. He asked Eddie what he doing and he replied, "By the time the show's over these fuckers are gonna be ready to eat."

@willbarclay I tried to get a poster for you but they only allowed one per person

Here's a few pics y'all might enjoy.....

jjflash said:
    I caught the show last night in ATL at Terminal West. Soooo good to see the brothers together playing acoustic in such a small setting. Rich was sick so didn't do any singing and looked a little more miserable than usual, ha. If you're going to see an upcoming show I recommend not looking at the setlists if you want to be surprised. The sequencing is proving to be similar w/ the exception of two or three songs being mixed in. Overall a stellar set of songs, IMHO.

To piggyback on previous comments, Chris bagged on the Philly for singing along so loudly that he couldn't hear himself in the monitors, and commended the crowd for being so respectful by letting them to their thing. Chris spun a few good stories b/t songs and was in good spirts. A highlight was him giving a shout out to "Weird Old Eddie Harsch" before Descending saying he couldn't play "this song" without thinking of him. He spoke of the time he walked past past Eddie's open hotel door just before a show. He overheard the water running in the bathroom so he peeked in to see what was up and found Eddie running hot water over a pack of hot dogs. He asked Eddie what he doing and he replied, "By the time the show's over these fuckers are gonna be ready to eat."

@willbarclay I tried to get a poster for you but they only allowed one per person

Hahaha that’s a great Ed story. Thanks a lot for trying to grab a poster anyway. I appreciate that. I was hoping eBay would soon have one but nothing yet. Did you get a signed poster by the brothers?
    Hahaha that’s a great Ed story. Thanks a lot for trying to grab a poster anyway. I appreciate that. I was hoping eBay would soon have one but nothing yet. Did you get a signed poster by the brothers?
    Yes. I think they were all signed. I overheard someone say they sold 100. Doors opened at 7:30 and the posters were late showing up (most likely delayed by Chris and Rich signing in the back of the venue) so there was a moving line for shirts/vinyl and a separate, static line for posters. A guy eventually parted the crowd carrying a stack of posters and plunked them down on the merch table. No poster tubes tho.
    An interesting add on to the above....one of the people checking IDs out front said, while the venue capacity was 625, they only sold 550 tix b/c they didn't want it sold out and overcrowded. 
    jjflash said:

chris is like me...”biceps” so skinny he gets his tats on his forearms. :lol:

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16