Options

Ticketmaster $1250 per seat??

I would truly like to know how Ticketmaster is selling 7 tickets in section 102 Row 2 for $1250 each, for the Sunday, April 19th show. How is this being allowed or accomplished? I’m very upset that I had 4 tickets in section 107 and The Ticketmaster system froze on me and kicked me out while trying to purchase tickets. Even while trying to do things the right or fair way, we still get shafted by scalpers. It’s wrong!

Comments

• Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,539
    Click on those seats in Ticketmaster and you'll see those tickets are for charity benefiting the Vitalogy Foundation.
  • Options
    gotthebottlegotthebottle San Diego Posts: 2,364
    RATM doing same thing...charity gets $ over list price of the ticket. It's not scalping. Only cities that scalpers can benefit is NYC and Denver. You can't even find tickets for the other cities listed on StubHub, TickPick, etc
  • Options
    SHZASHZA St. Louis, MO USA Posts: 3,182
    edited February 2020
    Link removed. Please see the rules. Thank you
    Post edited by Sea on
  • Options
    BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,544
    Jfoss1971 said:
    I would truly like to know how Ticketmaster is selling 7 tickets in section 102 Row 2 for $1250 each, for the Sunday, April 19th show. How is this being allowed or accomplished? I’m very upset that I had 4 tickets in section 107 and The Ticketmaster system froze on me and kicked me out while trying to purchase tickets. Even while trying to do things the right or fair way, we still get shafted by scalpers. It’s wrong!
    First off as pointed out in an earlier post these are Vitalogy Foundation tickets. Which is the charitable arm of Pearl Jam inc.

Second, Ticketmaster does NOT set ticket prices. That's done by the band/management in conjunction with the tour promoter. Yes I know it's Live Nation this timewhich owns TM but it's the band that sets the prices.
  • Options
    Thanks for the clarification! Was not aware of all that. I don’t frequently read all the posts, so I wasn’t informed on this.
  • Options
    Jfoss1971Jfoss1971 Posts: 12
    edited February 2020
    How do those people sell tickets for more than they’re worth on Vivid to non NY & Denver shows??
    Post edited by Jfoss1971 on
  • Options
    Jfoss1971Jfoss1971 Posts: 12
    edited February 2020
    Sell On Vivid??
    Post edited by Jfoss1971 on
  • Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,539
    I can't save for sure, but I think they setup burner ticketmaster accounts and then provide the Ticketmaster login to the buyer.   Or they are selling one ticket and the buyer will walk-in with the seller to the show. 
  • Options
    smaksmak Posts: 226
    edited February 2020
    SHZA said:
    Only cities that scalpers can benefit is NYC and Denver. You can't even find tickets for the other cities listed on StubHub, TickPick, etc
    Actually you can Link removed.
    This isn't stubhub or tickpicks, which are sold by fans.  

This is a professional ticket broker.
    Post edited by Sea on
  • Options
    Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,114
    RATM doing same thing...charity gets $ over list price of the ticket. It's not scalping. Only cities that scalpers can benefit is NYC and Denver. You can't even find tickets for the other cities listed on StubHub, TickPick, etc

The same thing?

Rage msg charity tickets are 70% cheaper.
  • Options
    tdawetdawe Posts: 1,999

The same thing?

Rage msg charity tickets are 70% cheaper.
    You seem very concerned with the financial well-being of people who can comfortably afford to pay ~$350 for a concert ticket but who would be ruined by paying ~$1,000, and who also lack the acumen to know the difference. I’d submit that that is a very small tranche if people, and that they’re by and large able to take care of themselves and manage their own consumption choices. 
  • Options
    Bud, I’m worried about the price being driven up by people who are looking to make a financial gain from other fans like me who can’t afford a ticket that costs $1250, but not knowing it was for the fundraiser for the Vitalogy Charity.  Give me a break with your psycho analysis bullshit, I just don’t believe it’s fair for ALL people to pay more than face value, and either does Pearl Jam or they wouldn’t go through the hassle they do to do their best seeing that is members don’t get robbed by scalpers. Please don’t try to tell me what I’m thinking. 
  • Options
    And YES Vivid Seats is selling Or SCALPING tickets for more than fans should be paying for the shows, and this defeats the purpose of what PJ 10 Club and even Ticketmaster is trying to prevent, and this is what upsets me!
  • Options
    JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,432
    edited February 2020
    smak said:
    SHZA said:
    Only cities that scalpers can benefit is NYC and Denver. You can't even find tickets for the other cities listed on StubHub, TickPick, etc
    Actually you can Link Removed

Vivid Seats use the same business model as Stubhub.....all the seats in Vivid belong to individuals.
    Post edited by Sea on
  • Options
    Vedd HeddVedd Hedd Posts: 4,469
    Jfoss1971 said:
    Bud, I’m worried about the price being driven up by people who are looking to make a financial gain from other fans like me who can’t afford a ticket that costs $1250, but not knowing it was for the fundraiser for the Vitalogy Charity.  Give me a break with your psycho analysis bullshit, I just don’t believe it’s fair for ALL people to pay more than face value, and either does Pearl Jam or they wouldn’t go through the hassle they do to do their best seeing that is members don’t get robbed by scalpers. Please don’t try to tell me what I’m thinking. 
    I think he was talking to someone else. 
    Near to death.
    Here to die.
    Scared alive.
  • Options
    gotthebottlegotthebottle San Diego Posts: 2,364
    I saw, on VIVID, seats for San Diego and it says that delivery is meeting seller outside on day of show. So clearly VIVID isn't sticking to the plan of NOT listing tix for the non-transferable venues

• Options
    SHZASHZA St. Louis, MO USA Posts: 3,182
    edited February 2020
    JOEJOEJOE said:
    smak said:
    SHZA said:
    Actually you can Link removed

Vivid Seats use the same business model as Stubhub.....all the seats in Vivid belong to individuals.
    Exactly. Many times the same seats are on both stubhub and vivid simultaneously. 
    Post edited by Sea on