2023 NASCAR Season!!! Starts on pg 12.

Comments

• This weekend is the NASCAR season opener with The Daytona 500.

I'll be rooting for William Byron again as long as he is driving that 24 car!
  • darwinstheorydarwinstheory LaPorte, IN Posts: 5,692
    I miss enjoying racing. But post Gordon just hasn't been the same for me. 2000-2013ish was a great era. Maybe I just grew bored of it. Idunno...
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
  • I miss enjoying racing. But post Gordon just hasn't been the same for me. 2000-2013ish was a great era. Maybe I just grew bored of it. Idunno...
    Obviously I'm a Gordon fan but I still enjoy the racing.  Toyota has been killing it which is interesting.

Jimmy Johnson is retiring too.  Give a watch to see him one last time.
  • bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,490
    I miss enjoying racing. But post Gordon just hasn't been the same for me. 2000-2013ish was a great era. Maybe I just grew bored of it. Idunno...
    Used to really enjoy watching it.  Always rooted for Gordon and I think after he left I was done with it. It started before Gordon leaving though.  Can’t say exactly why but jus got old.  
    Hell of a wreck at the end there.
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
  • Great race today.

Logano was being a jerk and finally got some Karma and was wrecked.

Hamlin, a Team Jordan Member, won the Daytona 2 years in a row.  Hell of a race down to the end. 

Ryan Newman got wrecked hard.  Hit the wall then Lajoie t-boned him, not meaning too of course but he got hit hard on the drivers side while being upside down.  You just don't see cars flip over like that anymore.  

Hope he's ok.  Congrats Danny.  Logano I usually like but not this race.
  • Hell of a wreck at the end there.
    I was just writing about it.  Hopefully Newman is ok.
  • JojoRiceJojoRice Kennesaw, GA Posts: 3,873
    Serious condition but non life threatening for Newman. Great news. 
    "I got memories, I got shit"

ISO 2016 Greenville shirt. Size medium. PM me if you have one for sale/trade.
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,382
    any week a busch doesn’t win is a good week.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    Great to see this is not life threatening. 

I didn't know until this happened and I was reading Twitter posts. Ryan and his wife announced they were splitting the day before Valentine's Day and 3 days prior to the 500. This has not been a good week for Ryan Newman. 
    Wobbie said:
    any week a busch doesn’t win is a good week.
    Look at us agreeing!
  • DarthMaeglinDarthMaeglin Toronto Posts: 2,413
    Newman was released from hospital today but won’t be racing this week. Scary moments for sure watching the wreck at the end.
    "The world is full of idiots and I am but one of them."

10-30-1991 Toronto, Toronto 1 & 2 2016, Toronto 2022
  • Newman was released from hospital today but won’t be racing this week. Scary moments for sure watching the wreck at the end.
    Thanks for the update.  He might have a wee bit of PTSD for a bit after wrecking like that.
  • DarthMaeglinDarthMaeglin Toronto Posts: 2,413

"The world is full of idiots and I am but one of them."

10-30-1991 Toronto, Toronto 1 & 2 2016, Toronto 2022
  • Las Vegas resulted in a Logano win.  He raced good this week so I won't shun him.

Good finish and race at the end.  Left the fans something exciting.

My driver Byron ran good for most of the day then it went to hell for him...  This week he will be running Lakers colors and a Kobe tribute so let's hope he runs better.
  • tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 38,853
    NASCAR has gone eRacing.  They are doing virtual racing.  I saw this a few weeks ago and thought it was a joke but a million people are tuning in so guess what I'm doing Sunday?

Watching some NASCAR!

Yesssssssssssssss!
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,587
    This is pretty awesome and has me interested for the first time in years.  I told the five year old (the only video game he earns time for is a racing game) and he thought it sounded amazing.  Will record and check out with him....
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
    This is pretty awesome and has me interested for the first time in years.  I told the five year old (the only video game he earns time for is a racing game) and he thought it sounded amazing.  Will record and check out with him....
    If you are really interested check on NASCAR site and get him some seat time in one of the simulators.  It'll be the exact same thing they are using and are really friggin cool.

My buddy is part of a car club and they have one there.

Enjoy!
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,587
    Nice, thanks.
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,710
    Who won the first race? I know Dale Jr. was in it and finished second. I forget who won. Was it broadcast on tv?
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
    Denny Hamlin.  That is my son's favorite driver.  (As much as he knows any of them - he calls him #11)
    NASCAR will be at Darlington this weekend.  Hot damn.

So fans in the crowds.  Spotters will be there instead to Social Distance themselves.

It will be interesting to see if the winner still does a burnout or not at the end of the race.
    https://sports.yahoo.com/coronavirus-what-nascar-is-doing-differently-to-try-to-run-sundays-race-at-darlington-as-safely-as-possible-202300746.html

So fans in the crowds.  Spotters will be there instead to Social Distance themselves.

It will be interesting to see if the winner still does a burnout or not at the end of the race.
    https://sports.yahoo.com/coronavirus-what-nascar-is-doing-differently-to-try-to-run-sundays-race-at-darlington-as-safely-as-possible-202300746.html

Thought i heard there weren't gonna be any fans in the stands?

Well good to finally see our first real sporting even live soon :smile:
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Yeah I’m not seeing any fans in the stands 
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Yeah I’m not seeing any fans in the stands 

Thought i heard there weren't gonna be any fans in the stands?

Well good to finally see our first real sporting even live soon :smile:
    It was supposed to say "So no fans in the crowds".
    Congrats to Harvick on race win #50.

Young Hendricks driver Bowman scored a 2nd place finish.

Kurt Busch the forever class act gets 3rd.

Both Byron and Johnson has tire troubles and were DNF.  Byron looked good too which sucks.
    Oh I forgot to add that yes, Harvick did do a burnout!!!
    Real quick.

Harvick wins again.

The drivers absolutely amazed me.

Bubba Wallace is physically and emotionally drained.  

I will have more after I digest it.

So Jimmy Johnson got a bunch of drivers together to put out a grass roots message via social media.  He told them all "this doesn't work unless you all press send a 2pm"

If you missed it here it is.

Bubba Wallace wore an "I can't breathe" shirt and his crew held it up before the race and he said he was moved to tears to see that.  Incased you didn't know, Bubba is the only African American in the NASCAR driving series.

The president of NASCAR says to the 40 drivers before the race over their radios "our sport must do better. Our country needs to do better"

I am very proud of my sport right now.