MLB 2024 Season

Comments

• mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,739
    JK_Livin said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    Do verlander and altuve have a chance to get in the hall after this cheating scandal?
    Yes 
    Kate Upton is a masterpiece in these unique swimsuits Intimates Sports Illustrated Swimwear
    Wow
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • mcgruff10 said:
    JK_Livin said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    Do verlander and altuve have a chance to get in the hall after this cheating scandal?
    Yes 
    Kate Upton is a masterpiece in these unique swimsuits Intimates Sports Illustrated Swimwear
    Wow
    Yeah, that water is beautiful, huh?!?
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,586
    One of the luckiest pieces of shit in the galaxy.  (Verlander)
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
    Guesses on how many times altuve gets hit by a pitch this season?
  • mcgruff10 said:
    Guesses on how many times altuve gets hit by a pitch this season?
    I'm going on record that it won't be as bad as you all think it will.  Not everyone is Clevinger and he won't even be able to do what he said he'd do either...
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,586
    Happy Valentine’s Day!!!
    Ha!
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,582
    I think there’s a little bit of revisionist history going on here. Bauer has always called the pitchers out and the spin rates for cheating but I don’t remember him saying anything about this 
  • Jason PJason P Posts: 19,121
    edited February 2020
    What is the line on Astros winning the world series this year?  Probably wouldn't be a bad bet if the odds look favorable.  

edit:  it is 7/1.  not quite good enough.  if it was 25/1 ...
    Post edited by Jason P on
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,141
    igotid88 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    Verlander yes. Altuve has to play a little bit longer to know with or without the scandal
    I was going to say he would need to play a lot longer but didn't realize he's already been in the league 9 years. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,141
    edited February 2020
    igotid88 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    Verlander yes. Altuve has to play a little bit longer to know with or without the scandal
    I was going to say he would need to play a lot longer but didn't realize he's already been in the league 9 years. 
    He's on his way. But if he sucks the next 5-7 years. He will be borderline. Otherwise Mattingly would be in by now
    Post edited by igotid88 on
    I miss igotid88
  • DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,411
    edited February 2020
    He’ll make it if his body holds up. 
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,382
    igotid88 said:
    igotid88 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    He's on his way. But if he sucks the next 5-7 years. He will be borderline. Otherwise Mattingly would be in by now

for igot, it always comes back to donnie baseball :lol:
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Jason PJason P Posts: 19,121
    Stories about little league teams banning a team name is the type of hard hitting stuff I expect from ESPN.  The bar in sports journalism has once again been raised.
  • igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,141
    R.I.P. Tony Fernandez
    I miss igotid88
  • igotid88 said:
    R.I.P. Tony Fernandez
    What?  Huh?!?
  • CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,015
    igotid88 said:
    R.I.P. Tony Fernandez
    Just saw, Stroke... had kidney issues

he played with a lot of joy n passion

RIP
  • Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,723
    Every time someone on the Astros talks they just make it so much worse.  
  • I'm trying to find the article that claims Beltran was the mastermind behind it all.  Anyone have a link to that?
  • HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,416
    Correa really sounded like a guilty person trying to explain away aaaalllllllll the reasons they weren't guilty.  "We didn't do it and here's a bunch of instances I cherry-picked because they can conveniently explain we didn't. If you don't believe me, you're wrong!" I think he even used the term "fake news" at one point.  Fuck Correa.
    All that said, Bellinger still sucks in the World Series.
  • Every time someone on the Astros talks they just make it so much worse.  
    Correa really sounded like a guilty person trying to explain away aaaalllllllll the reasons they weren't guilty.  "We didn't do it and here's a bunch of instances I cherry-picked because they can conveniently explain we didn't. If you don't believe me, you're wrong!" I think he even used the term "fake news" at one point.  Fuck Correa.
    Gavin Lux baby!    The Dodgers' new hope!
  • Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,723
    Yep.  These guys just need to own it.  Love guys like Bellinger, Bryant and Trout calling it what it is.  Fuck the Astros.  Can't even imagine how many times these guys are going to get thrown at this year...it's going to be a mess.
    Yep.  These guys just need to own it.  Love guys like Bellinger, Bryant and Trout calling it what it is.  Fuck the Astros.  Can't even imagine how many times these guys are going to get thrown at this year...it's going to be a mess.
    What did trout say?
  • tbergstbergs Posts: 9,195
    mcgruff10 said:
    What did trout say?
    https://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/28723423/angels-star-mike-trout-rips-astros-calls-more-punishment
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • tbergs said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    What did trout say?
    https://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/28723423/angels-star-mike-trout-rips-astros-calls-more-punishment
    WOW!  Mr.Clean speaks!?!

I didn't see this as a big deal and apparently I am wrong about that.
    tbergs said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    What did trout say?
    WOW!  Mr.Clean speaks!?!

Not a big deal?! Only the black Sox scandal beats this. 

• mcgruff10 said:
    tbergs said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    What did trout say?
    WOW!  Mr.Clean speaks!?!

Not a big deal?! Only the black Sox scandal beats this. 

Again, I said I was wrong about this but I still don't see it as a Black Sox thing and I will argue that one till ad nauseam.