Options

framed poster thread

Comments

• Options
    GleidsonGleidson Rio de Janeiro, Brazil Posts: 17
    Mates, how do you make these multilayered mats?
    I have an EV Wembley 2019 to frame with 2 tickets and a 10x15cm pic. I'd apreciate any ideia of composition.

2005 - Rio De Janeiro | 2011 - Sao Paulo 1 & 2, Rio De Janeiro, Curitiba, Porto Alegre | 2013 - Sao Paulo | 2014 - EV Rio de Janeiro 1 | 2015 - São Paulo, Rio De Janeiro | 2018 - Rio de Janeiro, São Paulo | 2019 - EV London
  • Options
    mpedonempedone 540xxx - Manchester, NH Posts: 1,872
    Gleidson said:
    I have an EV Wembley 2019 to frame with 2 tickets and a 10x15cm pic. I'd apreciate any ideia of composition.

Start with mat boards the same size. Cut the opening in the bottom mat to the size you want. Cut the upper mat slightly larger (ideally adding the same amount on all sides, but I suppose intentional asymmetry could look cool in certain situations).
    "I'm a lucky man, to count on both hands the [shows I've done]. Some folks just have one, others they got none..."

Hartford 10.02.96 | Mansfield 2 09.16.98 | Mansfield 1 08.29.00 | Mansfield 1 07.02.03 | Mansfield 3 07.11.03 | Boston 2 05.25.06 | Tampa 04.11.16 | Fenway 1 08.05.16 | Fenway 2 08.07.16 | Fenway 1 09.02.18 | Fenway 2 09.04.18 | Baltimore 03.28.20 | Hamilton 09.06.22 | Toronto 09.08.22 | Nashville 09.16.22 | St Louis 09.18.22

"He made the deal with the devil, we get to play with him.
    He goes to hell, of course. We're going to heaven."
  • Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,637
    Gleidson said:

This is the way to do double layered mats.  However... it's more complicated when you are carving out tickets and other things outside of the standard print.  In that scenario, I have found it easier to cut the top layer as I want it, and then create the undermat as various pieces under the main.  If that odesn't make sense, I'll show you the a photo of my Fort Lauderdale, where I added the set.  

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3HaN8AFQnoA
  • Options
    GleidsonGleidson Rio de Janeiro, Brazil Posts: 17
    Thanks @mpedone and @mrussel1 !

I think I understand what you've explained. If you have the link to your Lauderdale poster, please, send me.

2005 - Rio De Janeiro | 2011 - Sao Paulo 1 & 2, Rio De Janeiro, Curitiba, Porto Alegre | 2013 - Sao Paulo | 2014 - EV Rio de Janeiro 1 | 2015 - São Paulo, Rio De Janeiro | 2018 - Rio de Janeiro, São Paulo | 2019 - EV London
  • Options
    Gleidson said:
    Thanks @mpedone and @mrussel1 !

I think I understand what you've explained. If you have the link to your Lauderdale poster, please, send me.

I'll take some photos this evening or tomorrow to show you what I did on the back.
  • Options
    JP218404JP218404 NJ Posts: 1,374
    FYI I know they aren’t what you ideally want to use to frame stuff, but Michaels have a sale on 18x24 frames for only 12 bucks each this weekend. Normally 40. Picked up a couple to just get the posters out the tubes 
    Marquee 91
    Wetlands 91
    CBGB 91
    Roseland 91
    and many, many more
  • Options
    JP218404 said:
    FYI I know they aren’t what you ideally want to use to frame stuff, but Michaels have a sale on 18x24 frames for only 12 bucks each this weekend. Normally 40. Picked up a couple to just get the posters out the tubes 
    Make sure those frames aren’t too tight... I used to do the same thing & the tabs that hold the back in messed up the edges on a couple of posters. 
  • Options
    JP218404 said:
    Make sure those frames aren’t too tight... I used to do the same thing & the tabs that hold the back in messed up the edges on a couple of posters. 
    Thanks for the advice 
    Marquee 91
    Wetlands 91
    CBGB 91
    Roseland 91
    and many, many more
  • Options

Finally got this one framed up
    Marquee 91
    Wetlands 91
    CBGB 91
    Roseland 91
    and many, many more
  • Options
    KswheelerKswheeler Philadelphia Posts: 72
    Finally got two done temple with a triple mat Fenway single Mat. Had them copy the artwork from the back of the poster and mount it on the back. Pics were taken in the shop I’ll take more when hung in the cave!
  • Options
    SHZASHZA St. Louis, MO USA Posts: 3,205
    edited February 2020
    ^^ Really like that pink mat with the blue. Great idea to copy the artwork onto the back
  • Options
    Thanks I’m really happy with them. Correction the Fenway has a double Mat 
  • Options
    Jimmydean55Jimmydean55 Posts: 1,130
    JP218404 said:
    What a cool Crowes print! I really hope they have something similar during the US Tour. Looks great!
  • Options
    myoung321myoung321 Posts: 2,855
    Kswheeler said:
    Finally got two done temple with a triple mat Fenway single Mat. Had them copy the artwork from the back of the poster and mount it on the back. Pics were taken in the shop I’ll take more when hung in the cave!
    Great job! Those look amazing!
    "The heart and mind are the true lens of the camera." - Yusuf Karsh

• Options
    Got them hung up along with some vintage gig posters
  • Options
    Kswheeler said:
    Nice Marantz.  

• Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,899
    Finally got this one framed twenty years later. 
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    myoung321myoung321 Posts: 2,855
    mcgruff10 said:
    Finally got this one framed twenty years later. 
    Congrats...That looks Nice!!!!! That feeling of finally getting it on the wall feels great, right? 

Not 20 years, but got that feeling when I finally got this 2014 on the wall recently.

"The heart and mind are the true lens of the camera." - Yusuf Karsh

• Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,899
    edited March 2020
    Thanks bud!  Yeah been waiting a long time to get that framed.  Went to ArtToFrames.com and was happy with the finished product.  I have one more poster to frame and I am done!!
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    Nice job 
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    Kswheeler said:
    Nice Marantz.  

Thanks I appreciate it 
  • Options
    edited March 2020
    Kswheeler said:
    mrussel1 said:
    Kswheeler said:
    Nice Marantz.  

Thanks I appreciate it 
    Everything else looks great too, and you gave me some great ideas for my Tower print.  But I have a special appreciation for the musical beauty of that receiver. 
  • Options
    Thank you it’s a silver engraved 2270
  • Options
    cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,640
    Love the Hendrix print. Whats the story on that one? Original?
  • Options
    I found it in a antique shop sent pictures to a poster guru and he says it’s original 
  • Options
    Kswheeler said:
    Thank you it’s a silver engraved 2270
    That's the big dog!  I like the 22xx series more than the B personally. 
  • Options
    Here’s a couple pictures of it
  • Options
    Kswheeler said:
    Here’s a couple pictures of it
    Baby brother.. 2245

• Options
    Nice I’m digging the black 
  • Options
    andyfarrimondandyfarrimond Posts: 1,963
    edited March 2020
    A couple that I hadn't posted previously

Vegas was my first PJ poster (you never forget your first :wink: )