Pearl Jam at United Center 9/2020

Comments

• BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,537
    mcgruff10 said:
    I just booked a non-refundable room at 6 different 5 star hotels for every night in September just to be covered.
    Hope this is true
    Nice!  GA or bust right?
    Of course and I don't  have one of those smarty phones so I'll  need one of the boys to print the tickets for me.
  • nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 7,694
    on2legs said:
    Wait... I thought people are only supposed to drop subtle hints when they have show info and make people guess for weeks about tour dates?
    Only when you want to flex that you have inside information and tease out information, like you’re part of the band or something. 
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,816
    Is the united center in downtown Chicago or in the suburbs?
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • given2fly23given2fly23 Evanston, IL Posts: 5,877
    Is it really necessary to take backhanded shots at Dimi? He's given hope to a lot of people around here when things were quiet and probably saved a lot of people some money too. 
    Found: Soundgarden Hyde Park DVD (Thank you for the gift!)
    Posters for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/117469/posters-for-sale
    T-Shirts for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/149289/pj-t-shirt-trade-or-sale
    mcgruff10 said:
    I just booked a non-refundable room at 6 different 5 star hotels for every night in September just to be covered.
    Hope this is true
    Nice!  GA or bust right?
    Of course and I don't  have one of those smarty phones so I'll  need one of the boys to print the tickets for me.
    I ll do what I can to help you since we are all members of the jamily.   
  • Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,943
    mcgruff10 said:
    west of downtown....just west enough to be a pain in the ass

and how in the fuck are there no hotels built around that place?  It's unreal
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
  • JPPJ84JPPJ84 Hamburg, Germany Posts: 3,434
    edited February 2020
    Is it really necessary to take backhanded shots at Dimi? He's given hope to a lot of people around here when things were quiet and probably saved a lot of people some money too. 
    This. Plus it was fun!
    mcgruff10 said:

I know I can google this but I ll ask anyway: do the bulls and blackhawks play here?  Thanks for the info. 
  • bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,527

It amazes me that people are surprised Dimitris doesn't post a list of shows and dates right away.  If he did the Mods would shut the thread down and ban him, and then his source would likely not give him info.  He releases just enough hints that apparently don't piss off the mods. 

edited February 2020
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:

I know I can google this but I ll ask anyway: do the bulls and blackhawks play here?  Thanks for the info. 

Both.

Only other arena they could play is the All State Arena near O'Hare but they only played there one time in 2000.

mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:

Both.

Only other arena they could play is the All State Arena near O'Hare but they only played there one time in 2000.

Cool.  See that would be a sweet arena to visit knowing both teams play there.  
  • on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,417
    I just don’t get why the information has to be teased out.  He spends weeks dropping hints until people have guessed the entire schedule. Why not just post the info?  The end result is the same.  
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• Vedd HeddVedd Hedd Posts: 4,365
    I would love to see them play at the new Wintrust Arena, right by McCormick Center.   But that wont happen.   
    Near to death.
    Here to die.
    Scared alive.
  • SHZASHZA St. Louis, MO USA Posts: 3,150
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:

Both.

They have all the Jordan-era Bulls NBA title trophies in the concourse too. Pretty cool
    SHZA said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:

Both.

They have all the Jordan-era Bulls NBA title trophies in the concourse too. Pretty cool
    That is awesome!!!!
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:

hell yes....go hawks

2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
  • JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,867
    Yep. Could not agree more.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 7,694
    It’s ok to have two different opinions. Nothing personal. 
    I’m not knocking the guy.  I’m just really confused with why his source is okay with him dripping out the info as opposed to just posting it.  

As far as the earlier comment about him giving people hope and saving people money... the OP just accomplished the same thing with one post. 
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• mattcozmattcoz Chicago Posts: 2,158
    Sweet!
  • 100 Pacer100 Pacer Toronto, ON Posts: 8,495
    Your cousin gonna get yelled at.
    To quote the 10C from Newsletter #8: "Please understand we have a lot of members and it is very hard to please everybody. If you are one of those unhappy people...please call 1-900-IDN-TCAR."

"Me knowing the truth, I can not concur."

1996: Toronto - 1998: Chicago, Montreal, Barrie - 2000: Montreal, Toronto - 2002: Seattle X2 (Key Arena) - 2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal, Seattle (Benaroya Hall) - 2004: Reading, Toledo, Grand Rapids - 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Quebec City - 2006: Toronto X2, Albany, Hartford, Grand Rapids, Cleveland - 2007: Chicago (Vic Theatre) - 2008: NYC X2, Hartford, Mansfield X2 - 2009: Toronto, Chicago X2, Seattle X2, Philadelphia X4 - 2010: Columbus, Noblesville, Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford - 2011: Montreal, Toronto X2, Ottawa, Hamilton - 2012: Missoula - 2013: London, Chicago, Buffalo, Hartford - 2014: Detroit, Moline - 2015: NYC (Global Citizen Festival) - 2016: Greenville, Toronto X2, Chicago 1 - 2017: Brooklyn (RRHOF Induction) - 2018: Chicago 1, Boston 1 - 2022: Fresno, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto, NYC, Camden - 2023: St. Paul X2, Austin X2 - 2024: Vancouver X2, Portland, Sacramento, Noblesville, Philadelphia X2, Baltimore
    100 Pacer said:
    Your cousin gonna get yelled at.
    By his employer if true, by us if not!

• bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,928
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:

Both.

It’s a cool arena for sure. Not as loud as the old Chicago Stadium but it’s a damn good venue for a sporting event or concert. 
  • MR242791 said:
    JojoRice said:
    MR242791 said:
    oh no i'm traveling in september :o
    Same here!!  Week long Disney trip planned  :s
    oh snap me too.  PJ and disney my two favorite things.
    Maybe they will play Orlando for you guys...
  • MR242791MR242791 Brooklyn NY Posts: 669
    MR242791 said:
    JojoRice said:
    MR242791 said:
    oh no i'm traveling in september :o
    Same here!!  Week long Disney trip planned  :s
    oh snap me too.  PJ and disney my two favorite things.
    Maybe they will play Orlando for you guys...
    lol that would be hot!
    38 concerts and counting
    "I know I was born and I know that I'll die, the in between is mine"
    edited February 2020
    We need more cousins to come forward and spill the beans about the rest of the fall. 

Apropos of nothing, those last United Center shows were part of the super random pre-Backspacer 2009 tour. The band was in their third country and on their second continent of the week. Something to keep in mind when trying to predict routing.

on2legs said:
    I just don’t get why the information has to be teased out.  He spends weeks dropping hints until people have guessed the entire schedule. Why not just post the info?  The end result is the same.  

Probably because some shows aren't finalized and schedules change by the time the announcement is made.   Was that way with Prague/Germany (German got a second show) and the order changing with Amsterdam last for Europe. 

I think there is a difference between leaking everything one month before an announcement and versus a week before. 

Do you honestly think the Mods would be okay with him posting the entire schedule?  Maybe his contact is limiting what he can post.  Who knows.  Either way we know more than we would without him.

• SHZA said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:

Both.

Would recommend staying downtown to enjoy the city . . .  Not sure the train gets you there, but plenty of uber and cabs to go around.  worth the trip. Chicago in September can be awesome weather wise.  Depending which week, all kinds of crazy trips you could tie in if your game.  Notre Dame or Wisconsin fooball, Cubs or Sox game, etc
    JimmyV said:
    Apropos of nothing, those last United Center shows were part of the super random pre-Backspacer 2009 tour. The band was in their third country and on their second continent of the week. Something to keep in mind when trying to predict routing.
    Yeah and they were the first shows announced weren't they? So everyone and their cousin tried to get tickets