MLB 2024 Season

Comments

• igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,141

I miss igotid88
  • Jason PJason P Posts: 19,121
    Kind of a bummer to find out CODEBREAKER was a goddamn Excel spread sheet.  I was thinking some James Bond shit that involved satellites ...
  • JK_LivinJK_Livin South Jersey Posts: 7,364
    edited February 2020
    igotid88 said:
    New rules that passed.
    A pitcher that comes in must face 3 batters minimum unless it's the final out. Sept 1 you must dress only 28 players 14 pitchers max.
    he should have to pitch to the 1st 2 batters of the next game with the way all these stupid rules are going.
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,416
    Fuckin hipsters & nerds are ruining baseball.
    Altuve and Bregman apologized for cheating
    I miss igotid88
  • igotid88 said:
    Well that's a start I guess. Probably as sincere as an Antonio Brown apology. But still...
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,171
    edited February 2020
    igotid88 said:
    Jim Crane must be a Patriots fan. "it didn't impact the game" - ummm ok sure dude your team cheated for shits and giggles i guess
    Post edited by pjhawks on
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,170
    pjhawks said:
    igotid88 said:
    so can we suspend them now for it?
    No, they will probably just earn lots of praise for apologizing and maybe get a cookie and some time in the safe space at the spring training facility to meditate and reflect on things, then maybe a $500K bonus each.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,582
    Lololololol. Someone basically said if it didn’t Impact the game, why’d they do it. No answer. They’re so bad at this.

Also, Altuve on buzzers....THERE WERE BUZZERS
    Technically they didn't say they cheated. 
    I miss igotid88
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,382
    I’m still glad they beat the fucking d**gers! :triumph:
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • tbergstbergs Posts: 9,195
    Saw that article yesterday, but didn't read it until now. Nice job Passan! Slimy billionaire Jim Crane ladies and gentlemen.
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • This owner is pretty bad at this apology thing, huh?

• F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,586
    This owner is pretty bad at this apology thing, huh?

Yeah, that is what happens when you bumble through "apologies" and what you really mean is "F Off to everyone, we won!"
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,739
    Man after the past few days I really really really hate the Astros.  What a bunch of douchebags.  I lost all respect for Jose Altuve.  
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,712
    edited February 2020
    mcgruff10 said:
    Man after the past few days I really really really hate the Astros.  What a bunch of douchebags.  I lost all respect for Jose Altuve.  
    I really wish those assholes played in Philly this year. They actually do have an interleague series with the Phillies just before the all-star break, but it's in Houston. 

One positive thing about this whole cheating scandal is that baseball has a real villain now. I know the Yankees are kind of everyone's de-facto villain, but that's mostly based on a century of success. No disrespect. But the Astros? Forget it. They're going to get harassed in every ballpark they go into, for years. And they deserve it. They can't be respected. 
    Post edited by Ledbetterman10 on
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
  • mcgruff10 said:
    I really wish those assholes played in Philly this year. They actually do have an interleague series with the Phillies just before the all-star break, but it's in Houston. 

One positive thing about this whole cheating scandal is that baseball has a real villain now. I know the Yankees are kind of everyone's de-facto villain, but that's mostly based on a century of success. No disrespect. But the Astros? Forget it. They're going to get harassed in every ballpark they go into, for years. And they deserve it. They can't be respected. 
    So The Redsox get a free pass on this?

I seriously think this was more league wide.  Some of the reporters that got tips about this never really did any homework.  It was some fans that did.

We need the fans to dig deeper considering the league and reporters don't seem to be doing much.  Sure Olney and a few have done pieces but it was what was already out there.
    mcgruff10 said:
    Yep. I never really liked Verlander (always been a cocky prick) but I respected his game. No respect for him now. Like dude, you bitched about people stealing signs years ago and now you've got nothing to say when it's your team.  Used to love Altuve. Fuck that guy. Used to love Correa. Fuck that guy. Bregman's always been a cocky little shit. Again, never liked him but repsected his game.  Can't wait for someone to clock his ass now.
  • mcgruff10 said:

I seriously think this was more league wide.  Some of the reporters that got tips about this never really did any homework.  It was some fans that did.

We need the fans to dig deeper considering the league and reporters don't seem to be doing much.  Sure Olney and a few have done pieces but it was what was already out there.
    The Red Sox investigation isn't completed yet. 

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    How the hell the pitchers on the team allowed this to go on is what really blows my mind.  I thought there was some kind of code amongst those guys.
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,739
    Do verlander and altuve have a chance to get in the hall after this cheating scandal?
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,604
    yeah, fuck the Astros.  Throw them all out.
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,171
    mcgruff10 said:
    Do verlander and altuve have a chance to get in the hall after this cheating scandal?
    Verlander yes.
  • JK_LivinJK_Livin South Jersey Posts: 7,364
    mcgruff10 said:
    Yes 
    Kate Upton is a masterpiece in these unique swimsuits Intimates Sports Illustrated Swimwear
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • mcgruff10 said:
    They will both get in.

Beltran was on the fence but now he doesn't get in which I am fine with.
  • mcgruff10 said:

Did not know they were still investigating.
  • mcgruff10 said:

Did not know they were still investigating.
    Well they might be finished with the actual investigation, but the findings aren't expected to be released until the end of the month...

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2876290-red-sox-rumors-sign-stealing-report-expected-by-end-of-february

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,141
    What a bunch of frauds
    chinese-happy.jpg
    mcgruff10 said:
    Verlander yes. Altuve has to play a little bit longer to know with or without the scandal
    I miss igotid88