Rage Against The Machine

Comments

• mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,602
    I had struck out as only singles in the upper were available, until the second DC show was announced.  I managed to get three good seats in the second deck, about halfway down.  There are a ton of DC seats left, which means there will probably be plenty at or below face when the day of the show comes.  
  • DoDaFooDoDaFoo Seattle, WA Posts: 235
    Needed 6 for Phoenix and we got 0.
  • JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,408
    Looks like the Mrs. and I used up our ticket karma on PJ tickets....we both went 4/4.  Both of us could not pull up anything for RATM in Portland except for the charity tickets.  They were reasonably priced in the beginning, but they are now too much for our comfort zone.

Hopefully my "inside" connection can work some magic!
  • willnyc said:
    Anyone else going to MSG?
    YES!!!
    got not great seats but i so don't care!
    we're going to see RAGE!!!

i said it earlier and i'll say it again - the ONLY GOOD THING to come out of trump's presidency is dragging zack de la rocha out of retirement and back on stage.

I LOVE RAGE SO SO MUCH!!!

It’s great they are back for a tour but I guess Trump’s presidency wasn’t enough to want to record a new album.
  • In the building on the 13th!
  • blackhawksblackhawks Posts: 307
    edited February 2020
    I was able to get 2 for PHX.  Section 102 row J for $298.  Amazingly I was 762 when I joined the waiting room which helped a lot.
    Post edited by blackhawks on
    91 - Ames Iowa CY Stephens Auditorium
    Lots Lots Lots of shows.....
    2018 - Seattle 2/Missoula
  • jwhjr17jwhjr17 Posts: 1,879
    I was able to get 2 for PHX.  Section 102 row J for $298.  Amazingly I was 762 when I joined the waiting room which helped a lot.
    Nice, that's close to where my tickets to PJ in PHX are.  Don't look to be too shabby.
    1998-06-30 Mpls | 2006-07-06 Las Vegas | 2010-05-03 Kansas City | 2011-07-01 St. Louis EV | 2011-07-02 Mpls EV | 2011-09-03 PJ20
    2011-09-04 PJ20 | 2011-09-17 Winnipeg | 2012-09-30 Missoula | 2012-11-18 Tulsa EV | 2013-07-19 Chicago | 2013-11-15 Dallas
    2013-11-16 OKC | 2014-10-09 Lincoln | 2014-10-17 Moline | 2014-10-19 St. Paul | 2014-10-20 Milwaukee | 2016-08-20 Chicago
    2016-08-22 Chicago | 2018-08-18 Chicago | 2018-08-20 Chicago | 2022-05-09 Phoenix | 2022-05-20 Las Vegas | 2022-09-18 St. Louis 
    2022-09-20 OKC | 2023-08-31 St. Paul | 2023-09-02 St. Paul | **2024-05-16 Las Vegas** | **2024-05-18 Las Vegas** |
  • F5F5 Posts: 789
    Struck out for both Phoenix and Las Cruces... I tried for over an hour on both! Came super close for Las Cruces but experienced an error when trying to check out. However, I was able to score some decent seats to the Portland show. Couldn't be more excited! Can't decide if I'm more excited for the upcoming PJ shows I'm going to or this one!
    Bridge - 10/25/03
    Mansfield I - 6/28/08
    Eddie NYC - 8/4/08
    Seattle - 9/21/09, 9/22/09
    Salt Lake City 9/28/09
    LA 9/30/09, 10/07/09
    San Diego 10/9/09
    Alpine Valley 9/03/11, 9/04/11
    Ashbury Park 9/18/21
    LA 5/06/21, 5/07/21
    Phoenix 05/09/22
    NYC 9/11/22
    Denver 9/22/22
  • I was texting with some old friends for Sioux Falls, but now the wife wants to take a trip to Cleveland this summer. That way we can also hit up the RNR HOF. Can anyone give some insight on the Rocket Mortgage FieldHouse? Thanks!
    I can - I've been there probably 50+ times. What specific questions do you have?
  • mpedonempedone 540xxx - Manchester, NH Posts: 1,772
    edited February 2020
    chitty said:
    I had GA tickets for Van, something screwed up with their system on my credit card and it timed out. Now only horrible seats behind stage available. Gonna have to pass and pay after market value

We sat behind the stage in '99, and it was pretty great (in the 200s, though, so higher might not have been as good). There was a moment of panic as they raised the "Battle of Los Angeles" banner and it briefly paused directly in front of us, but then it kept moving, and we had a great view.

Also had a great view of the floor. All GA. Pretty packed just before Rage came out, but what was truly crazy was seeing the swarms of people rushing down to the floor from the seats. I would NOT want to be in the pit at a Rage show.

Post edited by mpedone on
    "I'm a lucky man, to count on both hands the [shows I've done]. Some folks just have one, others they got none..."

Hartford 10.02.96 | Mansfield 2 09.16.98 | Mansfield 1 08.29.00 | Mansfield 1 07.02.03 | Mansfield 3 07.11.03 | Boston 2 05.25.06 | Tampa 04.11.16 | Fenway 1 08.05.16 | Fenway 2 08.07.16 | Fenway 1 09.02.18 | Fenway 2 09.04.18 | Baltimore 03.28.20 | Hamilton 09.06.22 | Toronto 09.08.22 | Nashville 09.16.22 | St Louis 09.18.22

"He made the deal with the devil, we get to play with him.
    He goes to hell, of course. We're going to heaven."
  • nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 7,638
    In the building on the 13th!
    Now we can meet up! Where you sitting?
    willnyc said:
    Anyone else going to MSG?
    YES!!!
    got not great seats but i so don't care!
    we're going to see RAGE!!!

i said it earlier and i'll say it again - the ONLY GOOD THING to come out of trump's presidency is dragging zack de la rocha out of retirement and back on stage.

I LOVE RAGE SO SO MUCH!!!

It’s great they are back for a tour but I guess Trump’s presidency wasn’t enough to want to record a new album.
    Almost positive they’re touring because of....... money. Which they should. 
  • SVRDhand13SVRDhand13 NYC Posts: 25,719
    Me too! 

Section 120. Same as my PJ MSG tix. I have a case of dogfish 120 maybe I need to pop some open for these shows 
    severed hand thirteen

2006: Gorge 7/23 2008: Hartford 6/27 Beacon 7/1 2009: Spectrum 10/30-31
    2010: Newark 5/18 MSG 5/20-21 2011: PJ20 9/3-4 2012: Made In America 9/2
    2013: Brooklyn 10/18-19 Philly 10/21-22 Hartford 10/25 2014: ACL10/12
    2015: NYC 9/23 2016: Tampa 4/11 Philly 4/28-29 MSG 5/1-2 Fenway 8/5+8/7
    2017: RRHoF 4/7   2018: Fenway 9/2+9/4   2021: Sea Hear Now 9/18 
    2022: MSG 9/11  2024: MSG 9/3-4 Philly 9/7+9/9 Fenway 9/15+9/17

LOOKING FOR TIX TO MSG NIGHT 2
  • nicknyr15 said:
    Me too! 

Section 120. Same as my PJ MSG tix. I have a case of dogfish 120 maybe I need to pop some open for these shows 
    We have 2 sets of tix and haven't decided where we are sitting yet, lol.  Either 110 behind the stage or the bar stools in the 300's.

You don't need a case of 120 to get the job done Joe, maybe only 1 bottle, lol!
  • mpedone said:
    chitty said:
    I had GA tickets for Van, something screwed up with their system on my credit card and it timed out. Now only horrible seats behind stage available. Gonna have to pass and pay after market value

We sat behind the stage in '99, and it was pretty great (in the 200s, though, so higher might not have been as good). There was a moment of panic as they raised the "Battle of Los Angeles" banner and it briefly paused directly in front of us, but then it kept moving, and we had a great view.

Also had a great view of the floor. All GA. Pretty packed just before Rage came out, but what was truly crazy was seeing the swarms of people rushing down to the floor from the seats. I would NOT want to be in the pit at a Rage show.

All the 40+ and 50 somethings will be in the pits trying to relive their glory days and will end up w some serious injuries.  I want GA but only to get close.  I have zero desire to be around people my age wanting to mix it up.  They are going to try too hard and do stupid shit...
  • jerparker20jerparker20 St. Paul, MN Posts: 2,399
    mpedone said:
    chitty said:

All the 40+ and 50 somethings will be in the pits trying to relive their glory days and will end up w some serious injuries.  I want GA but only to get close.  I have zero desire to be around people my age wanting to mix it up.  They are going to try too hard and do stupid shit...
    I think the age distribution will be fairly mixed, skewing towards a median age of 40ish.

But, yes, grown adults on the verge of the downward slope pretending that they can still mix it up in a pit, there’s going to be a few trips to the ER.  Like when the sports booster program in my old hometown decided to put on an alumni basketball tourney to raise money. All these late 30-40 year old guys running around reliving the glory days like Al Bundy at Polk High. By the end of the first round of games, three guys were off to the ER. By the end of the day one blew his Achilles, two ACL and one MCL tears, one broken nose, and another with broken ribs.
  • korn-1korn-1 Los Angeles, transplanted from Chicago Posts: 914
    Alpine anyone?
    Couldnt get anything in front of the stage for under $300 in Oakland so I gave up. Few hours later I see a buddy post he had a group going to Alpine, checked there, lawn seats still available for $89! Done.
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me
  • korn-1 said:
    Alpine anyone?
    Couldnt get anything in front of the stage for under $300 in Oakland so I gave up. Few hours later I see a buddy post he had a group going to Alpine, checked there, lawn seats still available for $89! Done.
    Happy to see that the lawn seats aren't the same as under the pavilion, as I'll be trying for Camden, NJ tickets and that's a similar venue as Alpine...minus the STEEPNESS of the lawn hill. My calves were struggling by the end of PJ20. 
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • mpedone said:
    chitty said:

I think the age distribution will be fairly mixed, skewing towards a median age of 40ish.

But, yes, grown adults on the verge of the downward slope pretending that they can still mix it up in a pit, there’s going to be a few trips to the ER.  Like when the sports booster program in my old hometown decided to put on an alumni basketball tourney to raise money. All these late 30-40 year old guys running around reliving the glory days like Al Bundy at Polk High. By the end of the first round of games, three guys were off to the ER. By the end of the day one blew his Achilles, two ACL and one MCL tears, one broken nose, and another with broken ribs.
    I still visit the pits but not like I was 20, I know better, lol.

I went to an Oh Sees show w a buddy and he asked if I was going to stage dive, I replied hello no, I'm 220 in a pit w 150 pounders and I don't bounce like I used too!

Drinkin to be watchin yo!
  • disilluziondisilluzion Posts: 1,015
    Hmm, $69 lawn at Alpine. I'll think about it. Better than $650 "charity" GA tickets.
  • mpedonempedone 540xxx - Manchester, NH Posts: 1,772
    mpedone said:
    chitty said:

I would also worry about the crowd surge, too, and getting pushed forward into the barriers/other people. I was on the field for Metallica's first "Summer Sanitarium" show the following summer. We were there for the openers, and got right up on the rail. Then Kid Rock came out, and the crowd surged forward, as well as started hardcore moshing, and it was horrible (I mean, it would have been anyway, because Kid Rock). The crowd was super chill for Korn and Metallica, though. We'd fought our way out of the crowd during KR, and were able to easily get back up close for the latter two bands.
    "I'm a lucky man, to count on both hands the [shows I've done]. Some folks just have one, others they got none..."

Hartford 10.02.96 | Mansfield 2 09.16.98 | Mansfield 1 08.29.00 | Mansfield 1 07.02.03 | Mansfield 3 07.11.03 | Boston 2 05.25.06 | Tampa 04.11.16 | Fenway 1 08.05.16 | Fenway 2 08.07.16 | Fenway 1 09.02.18 | Fenway 2 09.04.18 | Baltimore 03.28.20 | Hamilton 09.06.22 | Toronto 09.08.22 | Nashville 09.16.22 | St Louis 09.18.22

"He made the deal with the devil, we get to play with him.
    He goes to hell, of course. We're going to heaven."
    nicknyr15 said:
    Me too! 

We have 2 sets of tix and haven't decided where we are sitting yet, lol.  Either 110 behind the stage or the bar stools in the 300's.

I’d take 110 over barstools in a heartbeat 
  • pjl44pjl44 Posts: 7,958
    In my experience, the sweet spot is:

- Stand on the back edge of the pit
    - 6 oz of 120
  • given2fly23given2fly23 Evanston, IL Posts: 5,876
    korn-1 said:
    Alpine anyone?

We'll be there (as well as both Chicago), Sec. 201 Row V. Surprised they didn't add a show. They have the days off and why leave Alpine open on Saturday? It's also the week of the DNC convention in Milwaukee. 
    Found: Soundgarden Hyde Park DVD (Thank you for the gift!)
    Posters for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/117469/posters-for-sale
    T-Shirts for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/149289/pj-t-shirt-trade-or-sale
  • mpedone said:
    mpedone said:
    chitty said:

I would also worry about the crowd surge, too, and getting pushed forward into the barriers/other people. I was on the field for Metallica's first "Summer Sanitarium" show the following summer. We were there for the openers, and got right up on the rail. Then Kid Rock came out, and the crowd surged forward, as well as started hardcore moshing, and it was horrible (I mean, it would have been anyway, because Kid Rock). The crowd was super chill for Korn and Metallica, though. We'd fought our way out of the crowd during KR, and were able to easily get back up close for the latter two bands.
    See I'm a fan of the close up sardine packing.  I enjoy that for whatever reason?  It does get friggin HOT though.  At other shows I am able to maneuver my way out and re-hydrate then enter back in.
  • nicknyr15 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    Me too! 

I like the bar stool seats.
  • disilluziondisilluzion Posts: 1,015
    I went to Metallica about a year ago, and that was the first surge/mosh pit that I've experienced in about 20 years. I was throwing defensive elbows all night, and I really just wanted to enjoy the music. So I'm willing to bet that these pits will also be a bunch of 40-year-olds moshing.

I felt bad for this scrawny high-school-aged looking kid that was next to me, but I taught him a thing or two. Hope I didn't create a monster...
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,587
    mpedone said:
    mpedone said:
    chitty said:

See I'm a fan of the close up sardine packing.  I enjoy that for whatever reason?  It does get friggin HOT though.  At other shows I am able to maneuver my way out and re-hydrate then enter back in.
    I hate that....will go to the back if it is like that.  Was a time when that was fine with me, but that time passed.  I generally opt for seats or go to the back.  
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,602
    I went to Metallica about a year ago, and that was the first surge/mosh pit that I've experienced in about 20 years. I was throwing defensive elbows all night, and I really just wanted to enjoy the music. So I'm willing to bet that these pits will also be a bunch of 40-year-olds moshing.

I felt bad for this scrawny high-school-aged looking kid that was next to me, but I taught him a thing or two. Hope I didn't create a monster...
    In the past several years, I've only been in two.  They were both at the National in Richmond, which holds 1500 people.  QOTSA and Jane's Addiction both played shows there and it was unruly.  It wasn't the whole area, just the center/middle so you could get out.  I have a pair of steel toe boots that I wear to those shows just in case, simply to protect my feet.  
    nicknyr15 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    Me too! 

I like the bar stool seats.
    Interesting, considering I may be forced to buy those for pj at msg. That’s good news