Rage Against The Machine

Comments

• mickeyrat said:
    Poncier said:
    tusevun said:
    122 plus fees
    But tickets were $25.00 in 1999, what has happened to them? Have they sold out to Ticketmaster and Live Nation? Gutted.

lol

What happened to 1995 Zach?

you guys are funny. payroll, transportation and fuel, venue fees, security, insurance are not static to 95 or 99......
    we already know proceeds from three shows are going to help immigrant issues. Might expect or donations as well..

And this tour is more than likely an effort to prevent a certain re-election.

I'm being sarcastic, and if I had to guess, I think @poncier is as well.
  • JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,408
    JOEJOEJOE said:
    Remember that not all shows are being sold through Ticketmaster.....some are sold via AXS.com

AXS.com handled the Mr. Bungle ticket sales in August, for last night's & tonight's shows in NYC. The tickets when they originally went on sale were +/- $50 with fees... those of course sold out immediately.

In the last week, some more tickets became available through AXS.com for $90.

These weren't advertised as platinum, or resale or anything else, just 'face value' tickets for almost twice as much as the original face value price.

Good luck, people.

They did the same price increase when they released a new batch of Mr. Bungle tickets for the L.A. shows last week.

A bit dodgy IMHO!
  • mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,408
    JOEJOEJOE said:
    JOEJOEJOE said:
    Remember that not all shows are being sold through Ticketmaster.....some are sold via AXS.com

AXS.com handled the Mr. Bungle ticket sales in August, for last night's & tonight's shows in NYC. The tickets when they originally went on sale were +/- $50 with fees... those of course sold out immediately.

These weren't advertised as platinum, or resale or anything else, just 'face value' tickets for almost twice as much as the original face value price.

Good luck, people.

They did the same price increase when they released a new batch of Mr. Bungle tickets for the L.A. shows last week.

A bit dodgy IMHO!
    saw real time increases  due to demand for tool .....
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • mickeyrat said:
    JOEJOEJOE said:
    JOEJOEJOE said:

Good luck, people.

A bit dodgy IMHO!

What I saw through TM were tickets advertised as Platinum... I suppose what Axs did is no different, except for the fact that TM called them 'platinum'.

mickeyrat said:
    JOEJOEJOE said:
    JOEJOEJOE said:

Good luck, people.

A bit dodgy IMHO!

What I saw through TM were tickets advertised as Platinum... I suppose what Axs did is no different, except for the fact that TM called them 'platinum'.

huh. well I wouldn't call middle and back of floor platinum.... but opinions can vary I suppose.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • manitoumanmanitouman In My Head Posts: 1,073
    I think Alpine will be an easier ticket than United Center. But damn, $125 a ticket....this year is getting expensive.
    Soldier Field, Chicago, IL 7-11-1995; United Center, Chicago, IL 6-29-1998; MGM Grand, Las Vegas, NV 10-22-2000 ~PJ10~; Pepsi Center, Denver, CO 4-1-2003; Cricket Pavilion, Phoenix, AZ 6-7-2003; United Center, Chicago, IL 6-18-2003; Alpine Valley, East Troy, WI 6-21-2003; Fox Theatre, St. Louis, MO 10-5-2004; The Gorge, George, WA 9-1-2005; United Center, Chicago, IL 5-16-2006; United Center, Chicago, IL 5-17-2006; Pepsi Center, Denver, CO 7-2-2006; Pepsi Center, Denver, CO 7-3-2006; United Center, Chicago, IL 8-23-2009; United Center, Chicago, IL 8-24-2009; Rogers Arena, Vancouver, BC 12-4-2013; Key Arena, Seattle, WA 12-6-2013; iWireless Arena, Moline, IL 10-17-2014 ~No Code Show~; Xcel Energy Center, St. Paul, MN 10-19-2014; Bradley Center, Milwaukee, WI 10-20-2014 ~Yield Show~; Pepsi Center, Denver, CO 10-22-2014 ~PJ24~: Wrigley Field 1 & 2, 2016; Safeco Field, Seattle Home Shows 1 & 2; Wrigley Field, Chicago Away Shows 1 & 2....
  • Tim SimmonsTim Simmons Posts: 6,864
    edited February 2020
    I assume all these posts were in jest, making fun of the PJ discourse from a few weeks ago.

• mickeyrat said:
    mickeyrat said:
    JOEJOEJOE said:
    JOEJOEJOE said:

Good luck, people.

A bit dodgy IMHO!

huh. well I wouldn't call middle and back of floor platinum.... but opinions can vary I suppose.

I believe that's the designation TM gives to remaining tickets for which they have raised the price to reflect the market value. There are those, and then the 'verified resale' which are tickets being resold by fans. (As I understand it)

It's all one big f'ing scam, and in many cases the ticket agency (and sometimes the artist / band themselves) are in on it.

mickeyrat said:
    mickeyrat said:
    JOEJOEJOE said:
    JOEJOEJOE said:

Good luck, people.

A bit dodgy IMHO!

I believe that's the designation TM gives to remaining tickets for which they have raised the price to reflect the market value. There are those, and then the 'verified resale' which are tickets being resold by fans. (As I understand it)

It's all one big f'ing scam, and in many cases the ticket agency (and sometimes the artist / band themselves) are in on it.

also saw verified resales BEFORE TOOL went on sale to the public. by days.......

• mickeyrat said:
    mickeyrat said:
    mickeyrat said:
    JOEJOEJOE said:
    JOEJOEJOE said:

Good luck, people.

A bit dodgy IMHO!

also saw verified resales BEFORE TOOL went on sale to the public. by days.......

Yeah, IDK what those are all about, as there weren't any presales that I'm aware of.

If I had to guess, those are industry insiders or (obviously) someone else with an in on tickets before they're available to the public. I've heard of some venues allowing presale for their season ticket holders, but I can tell you from experience, the Boston Garden doesn't offer presale opportunities to their STHs.

• given2fly23given2fly23 Evanston, IL Posts: 5,876
    There's also season ticket holders.  I think this will be similar to Tool in terms of demand/insanity but lower prices mean more meat for scalpers.
    Found: Soundgarden Hyde Park DVD (Thank you for the gift!)
    Posters for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/117469/posters-for-sale
    T-Shirts for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/149289/pj-t-shirt-trade-or-sale
  • Vedd HeddVedd Hedd Posts: 4,329
    Late to the party on this one....has anything been sold yet?  Presales, fanclubs, etc? Or does EVERYTHING go onsale on the posted onsale dates/times?
    Near to death.
    Here to die.
    Scared alive.
    Vedd Hedd said:
    Late to the party on this one....has anything been sold yet?  Presales, fanclubs, etc? Or does EVERYTHING go onsale on the posted onsale dates/times?
    everything on thursday.

• Vedd HeddVedd Hedd Posts: 4,329
    mickeyrat said:
    Vedd Hedd said:
    everything on thursday.
    thx!
    Near to death.
    Here to die.
    Scared alive.
  • Debating whether to try for tickets. I’m sure it would be great but still expensive, and they haven’t put out a studio album in twenty years. 
    Debating whether to try for tickets. I’m sure it would be great but still expensive, and they haven’t put out a studio album in twenty years. 
    ran through ST and Evil last night. still relevant today....

• ZodZod Posts: 9,941
    edited February 2020
    Debating whether to try for tickets. I’m sure it would be great but still expensive, and they haven’t put out a studio album in twenty years. 
    No brainer for me.  I thought I'd seen them before on a small stage at Lollapalooza (Vancouver '92 or '93) but I can't find any record of it.  I don't think I've actually seen them.   I need to correct that :)
    Post edited by Zod on
  • Zod said:
    No brainer for me.  I thought I'd seen them before on a small stage at Lollapalooza (Vancouver '92 or '93) but I can't find any record of it.  I don't think I've actually seen them.   I need to correct that :)
    My issue is I already booked a flight back the day after the 2nd Oakland show so there would be a bunch of extra costs involved to stay a couple extra days, ticket cost, rebooking flight.  Not sure if it’s worth it though I’d really like to...
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    never seen them. bucket list band for me. i yelled "OH MY GOD" from my office when i saw the announcement. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• never seen them. bucket list band for me. i yelled "OH MY GOD" from my office when i saw the announcement. 
    Good luck... I’m happy for the folks like you who I’m sure thought you would never get the chance.

Hope you score in the public on sale. 
  • Now the real question is if anyone has heard of more dates later in the year or 2021? 
    Pittsburgh 2013
    Cincinnati 2014
    Greenville 2016
    (Raleigh 2016)
    Columbia 2016
    room booked. refundable. hope that isnt necessary. walking distance. was already off for vaca.

• chittychitty Posts: 574
    Zod said:

They played Plaza of Nations in late 90's and I didn't go....I've always kind of regretted that. Anyways, I hope you are right about Ticketleader not being effected by the bots. I REALLY want GA tickets and do not want to pay $200 (CAD) for nosebleeds as it seems to be like PJ. Any ticket in the building is same price
  • chittychitty Posts: 574
    never seen them. bucket list band for me. i yelled "OH MY GOD" from my office when i saw the announcement. 

Winnipeg, that could be the show of the tour.
  • ZodZod Posts: 9,941
    chitty said:
    Zod said:

They played Plaza of Nations in late 90's and I didn't go....I've always kind of regretted that. Anyways, I hope you are right about Ticketleader not being effected by the bots. I REALLY want GA tickets and do not want to pay $200 (CAD) for nosebleeds as it seems to be like PJ. Any ticket in the building is same price

Yah, I'm just figuring the bots must be configured to automatically navigate TM's website.   You could program to navigate other websites, but would someone have bothered for one that only sells tickets to 1 venue, which is the old arena, which barely gets any shows of note?

Even if we luck out and there are no buts, this is going to be mental :(

• PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,169
    mickeyrat said:
    Poncier said:
    tusevun said:
    122 plus fees
    But tickets were $25.00 in 1999, what has happened to them? Have they sold out to Ticketmaster and Live Nation? Gutted.

lol

What happened to 1995 Zach?

you guys are funny. payroll, transportation and fuel, venue fees, security, insurance are not static to 95 or 99......
    we already know proceeds from three shows are going to help immigrant issues. Might expect or donations as well..

And this tour is more than likely an effort to prevent a certain re-election.

I'm being sarcastic, and if I had to guess, I think @poncier is as well.
    Most definitely.
    'Twas a dig at the PJ fans who come out of the woodwork every tour cycle to complain about prices that are in fact well below what they could be if the band wanted to be greedy.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,936
    Zod said:
    My issue is I already booked a flight back the day after the 2nd Oakland show so there would be a bunch of extra costs involved to stay a couple extra days, ticket cost, rebooking flight.  Not sure if it’s worth it though I’d really like to...
    I lucked out...we planned to stay a few extra days to see San Francisco before heading to Vegas.  Worked out perfectly.
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
  • disilluziondisilluzion Posts: 1,015
    Now that the initial excitement has passed, I am starting to waffle. I have nothing to rage about at my old age, except for the kids on my lawn, LOL. Plus, it's been 20 years, so same show as back then? I have a day left to think...
  • tinz.tinz. Posts: 2,686
    I want to see them but at $200 Canadian.. thats ridicules 
    EV~Toronto Night 2 - 2008
    Toronto - 2009
    NYC Night 2 - 2010
    Toronto Night 2 - 2011
    Music Midtown, Atlanta - 2012
    London,ON - 2013
    Wrigley Field, Chicago - 2013
    Buffalo - 2013
    Charlottesville - 2013
    Charlotte - 2013
    Detroit - 2014
    Ottawa - 2016
    Toronto Night 1&2 - 2016
    Wrigley Field 1, Chicago - 2016
    EV~Dana Point CA - 2016
    Wrigley Field 1, Chicago - 2018
  • bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,926
    Now that the initial excitement has passed, I am starting to waffle. I have nothing to rage about at my old age, except for the kids on my lawn, LOL. Plus, it's been 20 years, so same show as back then? I have a day left to think...

I hope more people are starting to waffle.  Better chances for me to score UC tickets!  ;)