Mitt Romney

ParksyParksy Posts: 1,675
edited February 2020 in A Moving Train
Hello.  Canadian fellow here.  I watched Mitt's speech and was instantly reminded of one word and one song. 
For what it's worth, the horseshit going on in Washington has me mad and I'm not even American. 
Anyone who supports Trump and his jolly gang of assholes should be absolutely ashamed of themselves. Feel like arguing? Sure.

Courage by The Tragically Hip

Watch the band through a bunch of dancers
Quickly, follow the unknown with something more familiar
Quickly, something familiar

Courage, my word, it didn't come, it doesn't matter

Sleepwalk, so fast asleep in a motel
That has the lay of home and piss on all of your background
And piss on all your surroundings

Courage, your word, it didn't come, it doesn't matter
Courage, it couldn't come at a worse time

There's no simple explanation
For anything important any of us do
And yeah, the human tragedy
Consists in the necessity
Of living with the consequences
Under pressure, under pressure

Courage, my word, it didn't come, it doesn't matter,
Courage, your word, it didn't come, it doesn't matter
Courage, it couldn't come at a worse time
It couldn't come at a worse time
It couldn't come at a worse time
Courage

Toronto 2000
Buffalo, Phoenix, Toronto 2003
Boston I&II 2004
Kitchener, Hamilton, London, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto 2005
Toronto I&II, Las Vegas 2006
Chicago Lollapalooza 2007
Toronto, Seattle I&II, Vancouver, Philly I,II,III,IV 2009
Cleveland, Buffalo 2010
Toronto I&II 2011
Buffalo 2013
Toronto I&II 2016
10C: 220xxx
Post edited by Kat on

Comments

• Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,937
    edited February 2020
    agreed....as I said in the other thread.  The tRumpsters all voted for Romney in 2012.  A few of my most rabid tRump fan "friends" on facebook actually went to some of Romney's rallys.  Yet now he is a traitor.  Unfuckingbelievable.

And by the way....the guy they voted for in 2008 (McCain) got similar treatment.  They totally ignore all rational thought and bow to the orange asshole.
    Post edited by Gern Blansten on
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
  • I think he cares a lot about his legacy; and if that motivates him in this instance, I'm ok with it.
  • mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,421
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Jason PJason P Posts: 19,121
    Mitt trashed Trump during the last election and then was one of the first to kiss the ring in hopes of a nice appointment from Trump when he ended up winning. Maybe Mitt is just buttering Trump up for secretary of State position with this vote. 
  • ecdancecdanc Posts: 1,814

• JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,810
    Ojamajoe said:
    I think he cares a lot about his legacy; and if that motivates him in this instance, I'm ok with it.

I wish more of them were concerned about their legacies. It is bizarre. History is going to shit all over the current GOP. Fox News will not save them from that.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,072
    ecdanc said:

So very intelligent "miff".  From a guy named Tingle ;)
    hippiemom = goodness
  • OnWis97OnWis97 St. Paul, MN Posts: 4,814
    JimmyV said:
    Ojamajoe said:
    I think he cares a lot about his legacy; and if that motivates him in this instance, I'm ok with it.

I wish more of them were concerned about their legacies. It is bizarre. History is going to shit all over the current GOP. Fox News will not save them from that.
    Dictatorships get to write their own history.
    1995 Milwaukee     1998 Alpine, Alpine     2003 Albany, Boston, Boston, Boston     2004 Boston, Boston     2006 Hartford, St. Paul (Petty), St. Paul (Petty)     2011 Alpine, Alpine     
    2013 Wrigley     2014 St. Paul     2016 Fenway, Fenway, Wrigley, Wrigley     2018 Missoula, Wrigley, Wrigley     2021 Asbury Park     2022 St Louis     2023 Austin, Austin
  • mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,421
    OnWis97 said:
    JimmyV said:
    Ojamajoe said:

Winners always do.....
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
    OnWis97 said:
    JimmyV said:
    Ojamajoe said:

It's as strong an indication that is where we are headed as anything else.

• DeLukinDeLukin Posts: 2,733
    I'd like to believe this has something to do with high moral standards. The skeptic in me thinks he did it for selfish reasons (ie, to stick it to Trump so he can't say the impeachment was completely bipartisan and to avoid some of the heat Republican senators will no doubt face in the court of public opinion).
    I smile, but who am I kidding...
    edited February 2020
    DeLukin said:
    I'd like to believe this has something to do with high moral standards. The skeptic in me thinks he did it for selfish reasons (ie, to stick it to Trump so he can't say the impeachment was completely bipartisan and to avoid some of the heat Republican senators will no doubt face in the court of public opinion).

I think it was both. He can now say he was the only Republican Senator willing to convict, and he was morally right to do so.

• Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,937
    I wonder if the drilling in Utah is related to Mitt's vote....unbelievable
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
  • Glorified KCGlorified KC KCMO Native Posts: 2,495
    Where was Mitt with this speech before or during the Impeachment Trial?  If he was this passionate, he would have tried harder publicly to sway more Republicans to vote to convict as well.
    I wish I was a sacrifice, but somehow still lived on.
  • jeffbrjeffbr Seattle Posts: 7,177
    Where was Mitt with this speech before or during the Impeachment Trial?  If he was this passionate, he would have tried harder publicly to sway more Republicans to vote to convict as well.
    What are you talking about? Romney made a great speech in 2016 during the campaigns urging voters away from Trump. Romney warned people in 2018 about Trump and China. Romney made noise in 2019 about Trump. Romney has been consistent in his belief that Trump is unfit. 
    "I'll use the magic word - let's just shut the fuck up, please." EV, 04/13/08

Speeches are performance art. Votes are swayed in caucuses and closed door meetings.