Options

Star Trek: PICARD

That first episode was some of the best Trek I've seen in a long time. Kudos to the production/writing/casting team!

I especially loved them integrating Cmdr Maddux into the show. After trying to prove Data was a piece of property early on, he and Data eventually built a camaraderie, and it looks like he will play a bigger role going forward.

Comments

• Options
    dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    Could they please put this show on actual fucking television for all of us old farts?
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,675
    dankind said:
    Could they please put this show on actual fucking television for all of us old farts?

I'll have to wait until it comes out on NetFlix.  Damn... the waiting!
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    brianlux said:
    dankind said:

Seriously, the people who are going to be into this thing are old bastards like me. 

CBS doesn’t have a shit show it can ditch for this show?
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,617
    dankind said:
    brianlux said:
    dankind said:

Seriously, the people who are going to be into this thing are old bastards like me. 

CBS doesn’t have a shit show it can ditch for this show?
    I also watched about ten episodes of Discovery and it is badass.  (Over 3-4 visits to my mother's house, she has that CBS access thing)

So now there are two shows I want to watch on there ...annoying.  at some point I'm going to need to sign up for a few months just to watch those.  

Already have Netflix, Prime, and Hulu.  This is gonna get out of control very soon.

Brian, that isn't going to ever be on Netflix, or not anytime soon.  This is CBS trying to fight against Netflix - all of the studios will be doing this soon enough 
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    I’ll just wait for the home video release. Until then, it’s reading recaps for me, which is basically how I’ve “watched” Discovery
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,617
    Will there be home video release?
    Is there a Discovery S1 out there?
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,513
    edited January 2020
    First episode was awesome, I am so stoked that they are already planning a season 2.
    (I am glad I am already subscribed to Crave and it's on there too in Canada, but I would have paid for the CTV Sci-Fi channel if I had to just for this show).
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    Will there be home video release?
    Is there a Discovery S1 out there?
    I don’t know, but I feel like I “watched” season 1.
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,876
    I'm loving this so far and have found I smile a lot when watching.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,418
    Star Trek: Picard >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> The Mandalorian
  • Options
    Sure would love to watch it someday.

I'll never understand why a major broadcaster would make its most hyped shows with a preexisting fan base so damn hard to watch. 
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    tbergstbergs Posts: 9,216
    dankind said:

I'll never understand why a major broadcaster would make its most hyped shows with a preexisting fan base so damn hard to watch. 
    I think you just answered your own question; $$$. They will pay and can pay. It's where fucking streaming is going. Bastards are going to make it worse than the cable wars.
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • Options
    tbergs said:
    dankind said:

I think you just answered your own question; $$$. They will pay and can pay. It's where fucking streaming is going. Bastards are going to make it worse than the cable wars.
    But a lot of Star Trek's preexisting fan base comprises old fogies (including yours truly) who aren't hip to all the streaming stuff. Right now, I'll just have to be content that BBC-A picked up DS9. That's a fun one to revisit. Besides Sisko>Picard.
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    dankind said:
    tbergs said:
    dankind said:

But a lot of Star Trek's preexisting fan base comprises old fogies (including yours truly) who aren't hip to all the streaming stuff. Right now, I'll just have to be content that BBC-A picked up DS9. That's a fun one to revisit. Besides Sisko>Picard.

My mom has the CBS streaming service, but I do not.  (She likes Picard)  :lol:  
  • Options
    FifthelementFifthelement Lotusland Posts: 6,907
    Excellent episode last night.  Lots of humorous bits.  All the pieces are finally coming together.
    "What the CANUCK happened?!? - Esquimalt Barber Shop
  • Options
    eddieceddiec Posts: 3,835
    dankind said:
    tbergs said:
    dankind said:

htImage result for poltergeist face peel gif
  • Options

• Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,418
    Loving the cameos so far.  How the hell does Jeri Ryan keep getting older AND hotter?
  • Options
  • Options
    I don't think they stuck the landing but overall that was a fun show to watch.

• Options
    eddieceddiec Posts: 3,835
    JimmyV said:
    I don't think they stuck the landing but overall that was a fun show to watch.
    Yeah, the story arc was a bit strange at times but overall a great watch. 

Can we give away spoilers here?