Star Wars May the 4th be with you (Spoilers)

Comments

• tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 38,853
    edited December 2019
    1-V Empire
    2-VI Jedi
    3-IX Rise of and IV New Hope, Rogue 1 are right there.
    4- lower than  the above though.  II Clones,  and VII Force are even here.
    5-Much lower than the above.  I, III, VIII are all at the bottom.

Haven't watched Solo yet.

EDIT:  I moved up Rogue 1 into the 3rd place slot.  It is fine there sharing w The Hope and Rise
    Post edited by tempo_n_groove on
  • MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,604
    Im going on a limb on some:

1 - Rogue One.
    2 - Empire Strikes Back
    3 - Force Awakens
    4 - Return of the Jedi
    5 - A New Hope
    6 - Revenge of the Sith
    7 - Rise of Skywalker
    8 - Attack / Clones
    9 - Phantom Menace
    10 - Solo
    11 - The Last Jedi
  • MayDay10 said:

1 - Rogue One.
    2 - Empire Strikes Back
    3 - Force Awakens
    4 - Return of the Jedi
    5 - A New Hope
    6 - Revenge of the Sith
    7 - Rise of Skywalker
    8 - Attack / Clones
    9 - Phantom Menace
    10 - Solo
    11 - The Last Jedi
    You know Rogue 1 should be higher on my list for the last Vader scene alone...
  • Jason PJason P Posts: 19,121
    The Last Jedi ranks at the bottom for me, although I still enjoyed it.  As bad as some of the actors were in episodes 1-3, at least a plot was presented.  If the CGI today was available back in the late 90's I'm pretty sure episodes 1-3 would be remembered more fondly, but Lucas was trying groundbreaking stuff in the early days of CGI and the technology just wasn't there.  
  • JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,810
    Jason P said:
    The Last Jedi ranks at the bottom for me, although I still enjoyed it.  As bad as some of the actors were in episodes 1-3, at least a plot was presented.  If the CGI today was available back in the late 90's I'm pretty sure episodes 1-3 would be remembered more fondly, but Lucas was trying groundbreaking stuff in the early days of CGI and the technology just wasn't there.  
    Yes the CGI is a big part of it. Those movies almost have a Who Framed Roger Rabbit vibe at times because only the actors are real. 

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
    JimmyV said:
    Jason P said:
    Yes the CGI is a big part of it. Those movies almost have a Who Framed Roger Rabbit vibe at times because only the actors are real. 
    Now that would be an interesting movie to go back and watch and see how bad it was.  I just watched Logan's Run so my mind will probably be blown away by the special effects.
  • dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    Jason P said:
    JimmyV said:
    Jason P said:
    Now that would be an interesting movie to go back and watch and see how bad it was.  I just watched Logan's Run so my mind will probably be blown away by the special effects.
    Jessica Rabbit is still hotter than any flesh and blood human extant. 
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,383
    Overall I enjoyed it a lot actually. It was very emotional for me. I teared up quite a few times.

aw, that’s sweet....ya fucking nerd.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    Wobbie said:
    Overall I enjoyed it a lot actually. It was very emotional for me. I teared up quite a few times.

aw, that’s sweet....ya fucking nerd.
    The overcompensation is strong with this one. 

• CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,018
    Finally got around to seeing last night

i enjoyed it, it was entertaining... that’s all I can ask for
  • igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,148
    I miss igotid88
  • Thoughts_ArriveThoughts_Arrive Melbourne, Australia Posts: 15,165
    ^ ^ Change the speed of the video to double the speed to make it half an hour.
    Or slow it down to 0.25 speed.
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
  • benjsbenjs Toronto, ON Posts: 8,931
    MayDay10 said:

1 - Rogue One.
    2 - Empire Strikes Back
    3 - Force Awakens
    4 - Return of the Jedi
    5 - A New Hope
    6 - Revenge of the Sith
    7 - Rise of Skywalker
    8 - Attack / Clones
    9 - Phantom Menace
    10 - Solo
    11 - The Last Jedi
    Rogue One deserves a high spot for coming back to a saga and ruling out a plot hole that was allowed to live for over 30 years. I find it brilliant that they took one simple line (you have no idea how much trouble we went through to get those plans - but I'm paraphrasing), and built that story around it almost effortlessly. They also didn't cop out and deliver a happy ending. 

I'd also put Mandalorian as a whole near the top for me, as it's really exceptionally done.
    '05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1
  • benjs said:
    MayDay10 said:

1 - Rogue One.
    2 - Empire Strikes Back
    3 - Force Awakens
    4 - Return of the Jedi
    5 - A New Hope
    6 - Revenge of the Sith
    7 - Rise of Skywalker
    8 - Attack / Clones
    9 - Phantom Menace
    10 - Solo
    11 - The Last Jedi
    Rogue One deserves a high spot for coming back to a saga and ruling out a plot hole that was allowed to live for over 30 years. I find it brilliant that they took one simple line (you have no idea how much trouble we went through to get those plans - but I'm paraphrasing), and built that story around it almost effortlessly. They also didn't cop out and deliver a happy ending. 

I'd also put Mandalorian as a whole near the top for me, as it's really exceptionally done.
    Agreed.  It was also a story where everyone dies.  Not one person survived that ordeal so it is a true One Off.

I edited my list because it was really a great movie and needed to be higher so I did.

Still haven't watched the Mandolorian.  I need to read up on how much Favreau actually contributes to the SW brand.  Maybe he can help write the next trilogy?
    Rogue One should have used the damn Star Wars music.  Acting and plot is well above the recent entries.  
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,714
    1. Empire Strikes Back
    2. Return of the Jedi
    3. The Force AWakens
    4. Rogue One
    5. The Rise of Skywalker
    6. A New Hope
    7. Revenge of the Sith
    8. The Last Jedi
    9. Solo
    10. Attack of the Clones
    11. The Phantom Menace (Jar Jar and young Anakin ruined it for me)
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,739
    Jason P said:
    Rogue One should have used the damn Star Wars music.  Acting and plot is well above the recent entries.  
    Agreed. Rogue one is awesome.  
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • eddieceddiec Posts: 3,832
    Just watched it. The first half was a bit of flurry, racing from planet to planet with little regard for time or the vastness of space. But once it settled down a bit I thought the second half was great. I'd like to see it again.
    mcgruff10 said:
    Jason P said:
    Agreed. Rogue one is awesome.  
    It was so exciting seeing Vader in it. Especially at the end. 
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
    Episode IX gets better with every viewing. Had a free evening last night and it was $6 ticket day at AMC. 

• erocshiftyerocshifty Posts: 1,170
    edited January 2020
    Anybody else excited for the last season of Clone Wars? Looking forward to next month!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZLW2jkd6E7g

Film Rankings:

Empire Strikes Back
    Return Of The Jedi
    A New Hope
    Rogue One
    Revenge Of The Sith
    Solo
    The Force Awakens
    The Last Jedi
    Rise Of Skywalker
    Attack Of The Clones
    The Phantom Menace

The Mandalorian is awesome. I'm excited for the eventual Obi Wan series and would also love a series based on Solo. That movie is actually pretty decent. Especially cast wise. I feel like it was overlooked due to the market being flooded with SW movies at the time. Overall I wasn't really a huge fan of the sequel trilogy, but those movies were still better than the first couple of the prequel films. 
    "It's best to live in grace before you're forced to." EV- 10/09/2014 
    I saw it for the second time two days ago.
    I noticed something I did not notice the first time I saw it, Leia's body disappears only after Ben dies. This is odd. Usually as soon as any force sensitive being dies they disappear right away. I am wondering why Leia did not. Did she use the force to control Ben?

And that final scene is a bit over the top. It was like one big orgy. Palpatine had an orgasm by shooting lightning into the sky, and there was an orgy of ships in the sky.
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,714

bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly

Am i the only one that finds baby Yoda annoying?
  • igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,148

I miss igotid88
  • ElEl Posts: 139
    Taika Waititi is set to make a Star Wars movie, so there is a new hope!

The new ones where pretty underwhelming (with exception of Rogue One maybe), and last Jedi just sucked big time. So hopefully he will be able to make a good Star Wars movie again. 
    Music is what feelings sound like.
    El said:
    Taika Waititi is set to make a Star Wars movie, so there is a new hope!

The new ones where pretty underwhelming (with exception of Rogue One maybe), and last Jedi just sucked big time. So hopefully he will be able to make a good Star Wars movie again. 
    I really hope that he does something good with it and has a vision going farther than 1 movie.
  • ElEl Posts: 139
    I did not see it confirmed if it is a 1 movie deal or some sort of series/trilogy, so would not get hopes up. 
    Music is what feelings sound like.
    El said:
    I did not see it confirmed if it is a 1 movie deal or some sort of series/trilogy, so would not get hopes up. 
    They need to tap a writer/director that stays on for more than one picture.  I don't care too much for the one offs, I'd like some continuity.