Options

10 Club/ Ticketmaster Presale Issues

SPiNMeRouND_RoLLMeOVeRSPiNMeRouND_RoLLMeOVeR Washington D.C. Posts: 34
Won tickets to Baltimore through the initial 10 Club presale; missed on St. Louis. Got a verified fan code for Baltimore (don't need it, can't transfer it) but not St. Louis. Does anyone know if I can buy tickets using my Ticketmaster Verified Fan Presale code for a couple friends who aren't in the fan club? Or is there a way to buy extra tickets for Baltimore and swap with someone who has extras for St. Louis? 

Comments

• Options
    PB11041PB11041 Earth Posts: 2,767
    Won tickets to Baltimore through the initial 10 Club presale; missed on St. Louis. Got a verified fan code for Baltimore (don't need it, can't transfer it) but not St. Louis. Does anyone know if I can buy tickets using my Ticketmaster Verified Fan Presale code for a couple friends who aren't in the fan club? Or is there a way to buy extra tickets for Baltimore and swap with someone who has extras for St. Louis? 
    If you are looking to buy more for Baltimore with your code you can buy them for whomever you want.  To enter the building any building (other than MSG and Denver who have stupid rules that some asshole lobbyists helped create that I don't want to dissect) you will need to be with every party member that is attending, ie you will have 2 Tenclub tickets, you and your concert going buddy need to be together, if you buy Verified Fan whoever you intend to allow to use those tickets will also need to be with you to ENTER the building.  At that point you can part ways and provide screen shots of tickets to get to the seats (which is also a total cluster because once in the building a lot of jerkoffs will try to game that system to get closer but that is a different issue).

PJ TenClub is setting up a Fan to Fan portal in late February.  It is not clear at all how this will work other than you can post ticket(s) you can't use for sale at face value.  Don't know if you will be able to specify and agree on buyer/seller or if you post the tickets, whomever wants them gets them.   There is a lot of speculation about the latter, the actual implementation of the marketplace will indicate what the "rules" of engagement are.
    His eminence has yet to show. 
    http://www.hi5sports.org/ (Sports Program for Kids with Disabilities)
    http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=3652

• Options
    tdawetdawe Posts: 1,999
    PB11041 said:
    If you are looking to buy more for Baltimore with your code you can buy them for whomever you want.  To enter the building any building (other than MSG and Denver who have stupid rules that some asshole lobbyists helped create that I don't want to dissect) you will need to be with every party member that is attending, ie you will have 2 Tenclub tickets, you and your concert going buddy need to be together, if you buy Verified Fan whoever you intend to allow to use those tickets will also need to be with you to ENTER the building.  At that point you can part ways and provide screen shots of tickets to get to the seats (which is also a total cluster because once in the building a lot of jerkoffs will try to game that system to get closer but that is a different issue).

PJ TenClub is setting up a Fan to Fan portal in late February.  It is not clear at all how this will work other than you can post ticket(s) you can't use for sale at face value.  Don't know if you will be able to specify and agree on buyer/seller or if you post the tickets, whomever wants them gets them.   There is a lot of speculation about the latter, the actual implementation of the marketplace will indicate what the "rules" of engagement are.
    To me, one real question is: is the Ten Club going to explicitly or implicitly support “off-book” sale/trade arrangements made by members outside the exchanges?

In the past, 10C ticket trades or sales (at face) to other members were arranged on the board (mostly G2F). You could be pretty confident that most members here were shooting straight and not going to fuck your over, but in the event that they did I think there was always the backstop where you felt like you could report them to the club and potentially get their card pulled. If someone does something shady this time and you complain to the club, are they going to intervene or just say “hey you should have used the Fan-To-Fan Exchange that our friends at Ticketmaster so graciously set up for you”?
  • Options
    PB11041PB11041 Earth Posts: 2,767
    tdawe said:
    PB11041 said:

To me, one real question is: is the Ten Club going to explicitly or implicitly support “off-book” sale/trade arrangements made by members outside the exchanges?

In the past, 10C ticket trades or sales (at face) to other members were arranged on the board (mostly G2F). You could be pretty confident that most members here were shooting straight and not going to fuck your over, but in the event that they did I think there was always the backstop where you felt like you could report them to the club and potentially get their card pulled. If someone does something shady this time and you complain to the club, are they going to intervene or just say “hey you should have used the Fan-To-Fan Exchange that our friends at Ticketmaster so graciously set up for you”?
    So, call me naive, but I am taking TC at face value that they are going to be involved in monitoring the F2F.

Off site fan to fan is always risky, but I never had a problem because I always did that with fans I actually knew through other means. 
    His eminence has yet to show. 
    http://www.hi5sports.org/ (Sports Program for Kids with Disabilities)
    http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=3652

• Options
    SPiNMeRouND_RoLLMeOVeRSPiNMeRouND_RoLLMeOVeR Washington D.C. Posts: 34
    Thanks for the responses - got to the presale, was 2000th in line, and got a whole lot of nothing. Hopefully others lucked out. Not sure if the venue saves seats for the General Public Onsale but I'll have my buddies try that or the F2F site in February.
  • Options
    SidnumSidnum Posts: 674
    I was around 1,200th in line for MSG and secured 2 tix behind the stage.