One year ago today

DW183354DW183354 NYC Posts: 124
 "This is a broken record, but I think I’ve said that I would record a lot more with Pearl Jam if that was what could happen. It just hasn’t happened for some reason.”

I remember reading this quote from Jeff in a Rolling Stone article on this day a year ago and feeling bummed. It struck me as being a bit more true than the usual comment on the possibility of a new record. I'll leave it at that because the intention of this post isn't to gossip or speculate. 

The truth is, I don't give a fuck about anything right now other than knowing that my favorite band DID get in that room and every sign points to them having done something VERY special with their time. The hints, snippets and clues scream "we made this together". I hear stretching and reaching. I hear difficulty and math. I hear fun and freedom. In the art and the roll out I see vision and care. The winds are shifting.  

Ive been in this car since 1991...I'm ready for the drivers to swerve. I wanna dance with the clairvoyants.

Incredibly proud and lucky that a year to the day of thinking it may be over, we're instead on the verge of some serious shit about to go down. Bring it. <3

See you at the Garden. 

Comments

• on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,376
    Great post!
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• Bring it!
  • DW183354DW183354 NYC Posts: 124
    on2legs said:
    Great post!
    Thanks! All of this just feels so good. And its funny, I thought back to that article, went looking for it and was shocked to see the date. Oh how the worm turns:))))

• RS65573RS65573 Posts: 2,359
    Awesome love it. 
  • mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,368
    Badass post!
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • CarryTheZeroCarryTheZero Posts: 2,034
    Awesome! Totally agree with you that this seems like a band effort and they are thrilled with it! Me too!
  • SpunkieSpunkie I come from downtown. Posts: 5,392
    Aww. You brought tears to my eyes. Awesome post DW183354!
  • mvwmvw Posts: 1,642
    DW183354 said:
     "This is a broken record, but I think I’ve said that I would record a lot more with Pearl Jam if that was what could happen. It just hasn’t happened for some reason.”

I remember reading this quote from Jeff in a Rolling Stone article on this day a year ago and feeling bummed. It struck me as being a bit more true than the usual comment on the possibility of a new record. I'll leave it at that because the intention of this post isn't to gossip or speculate. 

The truth is, I don't give a fuck about anything right now other than knowing that my favorite band DID get in that room and every sign points to them having done something VERY special with their time. The hints, snippets and clues scream "we made this together". I hear stretching and reaching. I hear difficulty and math. I hear fun and freedom. In the art and the roll out I see vision and care. The winds are shifting.  

Ive been in this car since 1991...I'm ready for the drivers to swerve. I wanna dance with the clairvoyants.

Incredibly proud and lucky that a year to the day of thinking it may be over, we're instead on the verge of some serious shit about to go down. Bring it. <3

See you at the Garden. 

• RS151862RS151862 Pittsburgh, PA Posts: 2,622
    Giddy up
    Pittsburgh 1998 • Pittsburgh 2006 • 2012 Isle Of Wight Festival • 2012 Made In America Festival • Baltimore 2013 • Seattle 2013
    St. Paul 2014 • Mexico City 2015 • Philadelphia II 2016 • Ottawa 2016 • Amsterdam I & II 2018 • Wrigley Field II 2018 • Phoenix 2022
    Apollo Theater 2022 • Chicago I 2023

=) 
  • RunIntoTheRainRunIntoTheRain Texas Posts: 1,009
    Great post!
  • drummer1drummer1 Posts: 314
    Awesome awesome post!! 
    COLUMBUS, OH 5.6.10
    CLEVELAND, OH 5.9.10
    E.V. DETROIT, MI 6.26.11
    PJ20 ALPINE VALLEY, WI 9.3.11
    PJ20 ALPINE VALLEY, WI 9.4.11
  • rider10rider10 Posts: 41
    There were points where I legitimately thought that maybe the band was done. I had made my peace with it. I am glad they're still making tunes together. I am glad they're still playing shows. I know I am going to appreciate whatever Gigaton is because I am just happy we're getting more PJ.
    rider10 said:
    There were points where I legitimately thought that maybe the band was done. I had made my peace with it. I am glad they're still making tunes together. I am glad they're still playing shows. I know I am going to appreciate whatever Gigaton is because I am just happy we're getting more PJ.
    Yes. Exactly! 
    Just to put a button on this thread...the new one is everything. I love it. 

Too lazy (and busy listening) to grab the new quote from Jeff about this tune, but amen Ament. 5 guys writing and creating together is true bliss. Well, at least it sure sounds like it ;) 

“stand back when the spirit comes” 
  • PB11041PB11041 Earth Posts: 2,758
    Been watching the LB interviews, the full length ones, if people did not watch the full interviews with Gleason, Apatow, Brownstein and Richards, you really should.

In each of them there are snippets of really interesting take from the band and this is going back to late summer of 2013 for these.

Stone specifically addresses the idea of the time between backspacer and LB head one and basically says, don't expect anything new any sooner in the future.  Good stuff in the context of where we are in this moment, a moment that we should all try to cherish and enjoy, because this could be the day...
    His eminence has yet to show. 
    http://www.hi5sports.org/ (Sports Program for Kids with Disabilities)
    http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=3652

PB11041 said:
    Been watching the LB interviews, the full length ones, if people did not watch the full interviews with Gleason, Apatow, Brownstein and Richards, you really should.

In each of them there are snippets of really interesting take from the band and this is going back to late summer of 2013 for these.

Stone specifically addresses the idea of the time between backspacer and LB head one and basically says, don't expect anything new any sooner in the future.  Good stuff in the context of where we are in this moment, a moment that we should all try to cherish and enjoy, because this could be the day...
    Indeed. And I’m really looking forward to a new batch of interviews or at least words from the band on the new record. The intro Stone did before Dance was excellent and speaks even further to the current dynamic. 

I have nothing bad to say but a part of me has absolutely wanted them to step back from writing tunes specifically for a live setting as they said themselves in those LB interviews. I’ll take what I can get, but I’m thrilled that Gigaton seems to be more about just writing songs that are natural and all inclusive to the process. 

That, I think, is healthier for the band than just keeping the lights on. Because I want them to keep going. Forever. :)