Options

A Message from THE WHO

brianjdbrianjd Posts: 201
edited August 2006 in Given To Fly (live)
Off of Pete Townshend's site.........

Many thanks to photographer Danny Clifford who has kindly allowed us to post some of his great pictures (from Leeds and Hyde Park Calling), which catch Pete in mid-flight and full strum.

Hard to believe it was only 6 weeks or so ago since the blistering heat of Hyde Park - so much has been happening in the duration what with preparations for the new Who album (*full details and track-listing soon…promise) and gears being shifted upwards in readiness for the impending US and Canada live dates.

Here in the UK the festival season is drawing to a rather damp (but blissfully noisy) close and it was great to hear that Pearl Jam chose to end their headline appearance at last weekend's Reading Festival with a storming version of Baba O'Riley, which they dedicated to The Who.

Hamish

PJ who show coming to you soon...?__________________
Irvine 1992, Las Vegas 1993, Mountain View 1994, San Diego 1995, Los Angeles 1996, Los Angeles 1998, Moutain View 1999, San Bernadino 2000, Los Angeles 2000, Irvine 2003, Irvine 2003, Moutain View 2003, Santa Barbara 2003, San Diego 2006, Los Angeles 2006, Santa Barbara 2006
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    SomethingCreativeSomethingCreative Kazoo, MI Posts: 3,349
    brianjd wrote:
    Off of Pete Townshend's site.........

Many thanks to photographer Danny Clifford who has kindly allowed us to post some of his great pictures (from Leeds and Hyde Park Calling), which catch Pete in mid-flight and full strum.

Hard to believe it was only 6 weeks or so ago since the blistering heat of Hyde Park - so much has been happening in the duration what with preparations for the new Who album (*full details and track-listing soon…promise) and gears being shifted upwards in readiness for the impending US and Canada live dates.

Here in the UK the festival season is drawing to a rather damp (but blissfully noisy) close and it was great to hear that Pearl Jam chose to end their headline appearance at last weekend's Reading Festival with a storming version of Baba O'Riley, which they dedicated to The Who.

Hamish

PJ who show coming to you soon...?__________________

I'm crossing my fingers and hoping that Pearl jam opens for the who on oct. 11 in seattle...longshot I know but a guy can dream
    "Well, I think this band is incapable of sucking."
    -my dad after hearing Not for You for the first time on SNL .
  • Options
    brianjdbrianjd Posts: 201
    I'm crossing my fingers and hoping that Pearl jam opens for the who on oct. 11 in seattle...longshot I know but a guy can dream
    i actually am flying from LA to the seattle show because I am sure there will be some kind of PJ WHO AFFAIR that night. How can they not at least do an encore with EDDIE? But I still believe that will be the night of nights
    Irvine 1992, Las Vegas 1993, Mountain View 1994, San Diego 1995, Los Angeles 1996, Los Angeles 1998, Moutain View 1999, San Bernadino 2000, Los Angeles 2000, Irvine 2003, Irvine 2003, Moutain View 2003, Santa Barbara 2003, San Diego 2006, Los Angeles 2006, Santa Barbara 2006