Iran Deal, the reset.....

Comments

• pjl44pjl44 Posts: 7,958
    By the way, his one sentence about Iran is colossally stupid and the textbook definition of privileged. Does he think the Iranians in the streets would describe things as not perfect but in the right direction? What a blowhard.
  • dignindignin Posts: 9,303
    pjl44 said:
    By the way, his one sentence about Iran is colossally stupid and the textbook definition of privileged. Does he think the Iranians in the streets would describe things as not perfect but in the right direction? What a blowhard.
    He was obviously referencing the Iran deal that Trump backed out of resulting in this mess we have now. What does that have to do with privilege? I don't see your point.

dignin said:
    pjl44 said:
    He was obviously referencing the Iran deal that Trump backed out of resulting in this mess we have now. What does that have to do with privilege? I don't see your point.

Ah...gotcha. I read the part after the semicolon as referencing Iran vs. "the path."
    pjl44 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    pjl44 said:
    dignin said:

Canadian CEO blasts Trump over downed plane in Iran: 'I am livid'

"I’m Michael McCain, CEO of Maple Leaf Foods, and these are personal reflections. I am very angry, and time isn’t making me less angry. A MLF colleague of mine lost his wife and family this week to a needless, irresponsible series of events in Iran..." he tweeted.

"…U.S. government leaders unconstrained by checks/balances, concocted an ill-conceived plan to divert focus from political woes. The world knows Iran is a dangerous state, but the world found a path to contain it; not perfect but by most accounts it was the right direction…"

"A narcissist in Washington tears world accomplishments apart; destabilizes region. US now unwelcomed everywhere in the area including Iraq; tensions escalated to feverish pitch. Taking out despicable military leader terrorist? There are a hundred like him, standing next in line," he continued.

"The collateral damage of this irresponsible, dangerous, ill-conceived behavior? 63 Canadians needlessly lost their lives in the crossfire, including the family of one of my MLF colleagues (his wife + 11 year old son)!" McCain tweeted.

"We are mourning and I am livid," he concluded.

https://thehill.com/policy/international/477930-canadian-ceo-blasts-trump-over-downed-plane-in-iran-i-am-livid
    I haven't been paying attention to this particular angle, but is Canada planning to do anything about this? To whomever they hold responsible, be it the US or Iran? Or will they just have their business leaders bitch about Trump?
    Bitching is phase 1.  Really bitching is scheduled for next week.  
    I don't think I'm ready for that level of Canadian aggression 
    I think the world prefers current Canadian aggression more than American aggression. The kind where innocents don't get killed in the crossfire, all on a whim for personal political gain.

If you think America looks anywhere good in this situation you are not paying attention.
    dignin said:
    pjl44 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    pjl44 said:
    dignin said:

"I’m Michael McCain, CEO of Maple Leaf Foods, and these are personal reflections. I am very angry, and time isn’t making me less angry. A MLF colleague of mine lost his wife and family this week to a needless, irresponsible series of events in Iran..." he tweeted.

"…U.S. government leaders unconstrained by checks/balances, concocted an ill-conceived plan to divert focus from political woes. The world knows Iran is a dangerous state, but the world found a path to contain it; not perfect but by most accounts it was the right direction…"

"A narcissist in Washington tears world accomplishments apart; destabilizes region. US now unwelcomed everywhere in the area including Iraq; tensions escalated to feverish pitch. Taking out despicable military leader terrorist? There are a hundred like him, standing next in line," he continued.

"The collateral damage of this irresponsible, dangerous, ill-conceived behavior? 63 Canadians needlessly lost their lives in the crossfire, including the family of one of my MLF colleagues (his wife + 11 year old son)!" McCain tweeted.

https://thehill.com/policy/international/477930-canadian-ceo-blasts-trump-over-downed-plane-in-iran-i-am-livid
    I haven't been paying attention to this particular angle, but is Canada planning to do anything about this? To whomever they hold responsible, be it the US or Iran? Or will they just have their business leaders bitch about Trump?
    I think the world prefers current Canadian aggression more than American aggression. The kind where innocents don't get killed in the crossfire, all on a whim for personal political gain.

If you think America looks anywhere good in this situation you are not paying attention.
    We were having a jokey aside after I asked a serious question. Canada just had 57 of their citizens shot out of the sky. Has there been any talk about if they plan to have a response? Is it just limited to CEOs yelling about Trump on Twitter?
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,258
    pjl44 said:
    dignin said:
    pjl44 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    pjl44 said:
    dignin said:

We were having a jokey aside after I asked a serious question. Canada just had 57 of their citizens shot out of the sky. Has there been any talk about if they plan to have a response? Is it just limited to CEOs yelling about Trump on Twitter?
    What would you suggest bombing them or more sanctions?

jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,600
    dignin said:
    pjl44 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    pjl44 said:
    dignin said:

Them just jokes...
    pjl44 said:
    dignin said:
    pjl44 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    pjl44 said:
    dignin said:

I don't know. It was a legit question. I haven't followed any news from their government. Has it been reported on at all?
    edited January 2020
    pjl44 said:
    dignin said:
    pjl44 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    pjl44 said:
    dignin said:

Our PM has said there will be an investigation first.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/trudeau-outlines-steps-road-justice-ps752-victims-1.5423816

An appropriate sober response I think. He wouldn't order our military to assassinate a general. Cause, you know, that would be really stupid.
    edited January 2020
    pjl44 said:
    pjl44 said:
    dignin said:
    pjl44 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    pjl44 said:
    dignin said:

I don't know. It was a legit question. I haven't followed any news from their government. Has it been reported on at all?
    My ? Is legit too Canada lost 50 citizens.

Post edited by josevolution on
    dignin said:
    pjl44 said:
    dignin said:
    pjl44 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    pjl44 said:
    dignin said:

Our PM has said there will be an investigation first.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/trudeau-outlines-steps-road-justice-ps752-victims-1.5423816

An appropriate sober response I think. He wouldn't order our military to assassinate a general. Cause, you know, that would be really stupid.
    It is and it will be interesting to see what comes out of it. Thankfully your media also seems to be more sober than your business leaders

• dignin said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    Iran admits to accidentally shooting down airliner.

“Human error”
    https://apple.news/AJ-qk4CDLSpimfDneoZPyjg
    Just a ? If Baffoon doesn’t order the assasination of General does this plane get shot down? 
    We've had tension between Korea, China, Russia, Yemen and Afghanistan but they haven't mistakenly shot down planes.
    I don't know what your point is, but it's not like this is the first time. 

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iran_Air_Flight_655

31 years ago this happened.

Anything in the last 10 years?  5 years?

That was my point.
  • Jason PJason P Posts: 19,121
    pjl44 said:
    dignin said:
    pjl44 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    pjl44 said:
    dignin said:

roman candles and potato guns don't have that kind of range.
    Jason P said:
    pjl44 said:
    dignin said:
    pjl44 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    pjl44 said:
    dignin said:

lol no doubt my just throw some snowballs 
  • Trudeau and our Maple Leaf foods CEO are calling out Trump for this war crime resulting in a retaliatory “accident” which killed civilians. 
    Good. This fuckin War Pig needs to brought to his knees. 
    Trudeau and our Maple Leaf foods CEO are calling out Trump for this war crime resulting in a retaliatory “accident” which killed civilians. 
    It's easy political rhetoric. Will be interesting to see if they actually do anything to bring anyone "to their knees."
  • 1ThoughtKnown1ThoughtKnown Posts: 6,155
    edited January 2020
    pjl44 said:
    Trudeau and our Maple Leaf foods CEO are calling out Trump for this war crime resulting in a retaliatory “accident” which killed civilians. 
    It's easy political rhetoric. Will be interesting to see if they actually do anything to bring anyone "to their knees."
    Oh I know they won’t. Small fish.  It was actually two separate thoughts, my bad.  The “brought to his knees” is just my own thought,  not that Trudeau and a CEO can actually do it. 
    I think my rage against the Orange Bedwetter is getting unhealthy lol 
    Post edited by 1ThoughtKnown on
    Jason P said:
    pjl44 said:
    dignin said:
    pjl44 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    pjl44 said:
    dignin said:

Ah never mind 
  • mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,409
    edited January 2020
    uh huh....

A week before Germany, France and Britain formally accused Iran of breaching the 2015 nuclear deal, the Trump administration issued a private threat to the Europeans that shocked officials in all three countries.

If they refused to call out Tehran and initiate an arcane dispute mechanism in the deal, the United States would impose a 25 percent tariff on European automobiles, the Trump officials warned, according to European officials familiar with the conversations.

Within days, the three countries would formally accuse Iran of violating the deal, triggering a recourse provision that could reimpose United Nations sanctions on Iran and unravel the last remaining vestiges of the Obama-era agreement.

The U.S. effort to coerce European foreign policy through tariffs, a move one European official equated to “extortion,” represents a new level of hardball tactics with the United States’ oldest allies, underscoring the extraordinary tumult in the transatlantic relationship.

President Trump has previously used the threat of a 25 percent tariff on automobiles to win more-favorable terms in the country’s trade relationship with the Europeans, but not to dictate the continent’s foreign policy.

continues.....
    Post edited by mickeyrat on
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 St. Fuckin Louis Posts: 22,129
    mickeyrat said:
    uh huh....

A week before Germany, France and Britain formally accused Iran of breaching the 2015 nuclear deal, the Trump administration issued a private threat to the Europeans that shocked officials in all three countries.

If they refused to call out Tehran and initiate an arcane dispute mechanism in the deal, the United States would impose a 25 percent tariff on European automobiles, the Trump officials warned, according to European officials familiar with the conversations.

Within days, the three countries would formally accuse Iran of violating the deal, triggering a recourse provision that could reimpose United Nations sanctions on Iran and unravel the last remaining vestiges of the Obama-era agreement.

The U.S. effort to coerce European foreign policy through tariffs, a move one European official equated to “extortion,” represents a new level of hardball tactics with the United States’ oldest allies, underscoring the extraordinary tumult in the transatlantic relationship.

President Trump has previously used the threat of a 25 percent tariff on automobiles to win more-favorable terms in the country’s trade relationship with the Europeans, but not to dictate the continent’s foreign policy.

continues.....
    yep. sounds like something he would do.
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
    mickeyrat said:
    uh huh....

continues.....
    Like you said he will do something he can be impeached for in a regular basis this is to the point of just thuggery..

• gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 St. Fuckin Louis Posts: 22,129
    mickeyrat said:
    uh huh....

continues.....
    Like you said he will do something he can be impeached for in a regular basis this is to the point of just thuggery..

dude cannot help himself. he is opportunistic and vindictive and will do anything in his power to "win". this is why he solicited russia's help. because he had to to win.

hopefully all of this, everything he has done, comes crashing down on top of his cotton candy lookin head.
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • Jason PJason P Posts: 19,121
    Iran hit the plane with two missiles via new video ... the plane actually had a chance but they fired a second missile ten seconds after the first missile made its impact and that finished it off.  Again, I choose not to post the link.  
  • Jason P said:
    Iran hit the plane with two missiles via new video ... the plane actually had a chance but they fired a second missile ten seconds after the first missile made its impact and that finished it off.  Again, I choose not to post the link.  
    Those pilots are heroes.
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • Team Trump Treason is in a Twitter spat with Iran. Who the fuck does that as POTUS? Oh yea, never mind. I wonder if he had his GI Joe on his lap as he twitted?

https://mobile.twitter.com/realdonaldtrump

09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Brilliantati©
  • mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,409
    well bright side. they are talking.....
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • mickeyrat said:
    well bright side. they are talking.....
    More like shouting and shaking their fists.

Brilliantati©
  • brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,592
    mickeyrat said:
    uh huh....

continues.....

dude cannot help himself. he is opportunistic and vindictive and will do anything in his power to "win". this is why he solicited russia's help. because he had to to win.

hopefully all of this, everything he has done, comes crashing down on top of his cotton candy lookin head.
    I wonder what that tastes like?  Me? Not gonna find out!

“The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,592
    We recently watched the film, Wavy Grave; Saint Misbehavin'".  There's a scene later in the film where Wavy and his Hog Farm group in two hippie buses are traveling through the middle east on the way to the far east to show and lend support  for the starving poor in Bangladesh.   These crazy hippies and the middle easterners got a long great, mingling and sharing cultures- at one point participating in a jam session of blended music. 

That was about 50 years ago.  It wouldn't be allowed today, but maybe some one young with a lot of energy and vision will come along and creatively make something good between our cultures again.  It's never going to happen the way we've been going about it for the last several decades.  We need people with much greater vision.
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• brianlux said:
    We recently watched the film, Wavy Grave; Saint Misbehavin'".  There's a scene later in the film where Wavy and his Hog Farm group in two hippie buses are traveling through the middle east on the way to the far east to show and lend support  for the starving poor in Bangladesh.   These crazy hippies and the middle easterners got a long great, mingling and sharing cultures- at one point participating in a jam session of blended music. 

That was about 50 years ago.  It wouldn't be allowed today, but maybe some one young with a lot of energy and vision will come along and creatively make something good between our cultures again.  It's never going to happen the way we've been going about it for the last several decades.  We need people with much greater vision.
    The iPhone killed the magic bus, Brian. Would love to see it and hopefully it will happen.  Someday. A school bus from Syria to England for a PJ show, picking up at least one resident of each country along the way. One can dream.

Brilliantati©