First Time MSG

This year's show at MSG will be my first Pearl Jam concert (and my first concert in a long time). I am so excited to see the band and be with everyone who will be there. I can't wait for March.

Comments

• PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,625
    First time for me as well. Going to be a fun show I think. Only 1 MSG show and 2 days of rest after. Hype!
  • madhat181madhat181 Posts: 367
    See you all in GA!  =)
  • Saltzy23Saltzy23 Posts: 1,347
    Mets Opening Day on 3/26.....Yankees/Orioles - PJ in Baltimore on 3/28.....PJ @ MSG on 3/30 is about the best Thursday - Monday I could ever ask for.
    'I know I was born and I know that I'll die, the in between is mine.'
  • on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,381
    Have a blast!
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• gemstonegemstone Posts: 9
    edited January 2020
    I'm 57 and never been to a PJ concert!  I loved them in the 90s, but then drifted away...and about 2 years ago I came back.  I made the perilous (and risky) decision to not get tickets for this leg! ACK!!!  I'm counting on a second NA leg but will be completely gutted if it doesn't happen.  Did I make a mistake???
    Post edited by gemstone on
  • dmbolpdmbolp ATL Posts: 1,187
    FYI, did the 2 DMB shows at MSG in NOV 2018; MSG has it's own Pit wristband policy.  Worked well, ended up on the rail both nights without having to wait in line all day.  Basically show up at 8am for a wristband, and be back to wait in line at 3pm:

https://www.msg.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/11/DMB-MSG_General-Admission-Rules_Partial-GA.pdf?cmp=eml_181128+MSG+MSGE+Dave+Matthews+Band+PSH&subscriber_id=218221544
  • CopperTomCopperTom Posts: 2,989
    That's a DMB rule, not an MSG rule.
  • dmbolpdmbolp ATL Posts: 1,187
    edited January 2020
    CopperTom said:
    Nope, DMB has it's own pit wristband policy for all other venues, but MSG used it's own, handled by MSG suits.  Have also done the DMB process at other venues, handled by band mgmt folks.

Looks like the December Phish shows were a little different, but very similar to the current DMB policy (random number pick): https://www.msg.com/phish-2019-general-admission-policy?imcp=phish_edp

All that to say, expect a formal MSG process and not just ticketholders managing the lineup themselves.
    Post edited by dmbolp on
  • CopperTomCopperTom Posts: 2,989
    All MSG GA shows that i attended had a line up.
  • RS65573RS65573 Posts: 2,360
    I watched a guy get out of night 1 GA, and get right on line for the next day.
  • tdawetdawe Posts: 1,990
    dmbolp said:
    CopperTom said:
    Nope, DMB has it's own pit wristband policy for all other venues, but MSG used it's own, handled by MSG suits.  Have also done the DMB process at other venues, handled by band mgmt folks.

Looks like the December Phish shows were a little different, but very similar to the current DMB policy (random number pick): https://www.msg.com/phish-2019-general-admission-policy?imcp=phish_edp

All that to say, expect a formal MSG process and not just ticketholders managing the lineup themselves.
    Shit, I was walking past the Garden at lunch today and there was some guy who said he was running the GA line, I gave him $500 and he wrote the number 9 on my hand with a Sharpie and told me not to wash it until after the show. Do you guys think I got ripped off?
  • nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 7,639
    tdawe said:
    dmbolp said:
    CopperTom said:

Shit, I was walking past the Garden at lunch today and there was some guy who said he was running the GA line, I gave him $500 and he wrote the number 9 on my hand with a Sharpie and told me not to wash it until after the show. Do you guys think I got ripped off?
    No you’re good to go. 
  • 100 Pacer100 Pacer Toronto, ON Posts: 8,449
    RS65573 said:
    Australian?
    To quote the 10C from Newsletter #8: "Please understand we have a lot of members and it is very hard to please everybody. If you are one of those unhappy people...please call 1-900-IDN-TCAR."

"Me knowing the truth, I can not concur."

1996: Toronto - 1998: Chicago, Montreal, Barrie - 2000: Montreal, Toronto - 2002: Seattle X2 (Key Arena) - 2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal, Seattle (Benaroya Hall) - 2004: Reading, Toledo, Grand Rapids - 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Quebec City - 2006: Toronto X2, Albany, Hartford, Grand Rapids, Cleveland - 2007: Chicago (Vic Theatre) - 2008: NYC X2, Hartford, Mansfield X2 - 2009: Toronto, Chicago X2, Seattle X2, Philadelphia X4 - 2010: Columbus, Noblesville, Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford - 2011: Montreal, Toronto X2, Ottawa, Hamilton - 2012: Missoula - 2013: London, Chicago, Buffalo, Hartford - 2014: Detroit, Moline - 2015: NYC (Global Citizen Festival) - 2016: Greenville, Toronto X2, Chicago 1 - 2017: Brooklyn (RRHOF Induction) - 2018: Chicago 1, Boston 1 - 2022: Fresno, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto, NYC, Camden - 2023: St. Paul X2, Austin X2 - 2024: Vancouver X2, Portland, Sacramento, Noblesville, Philadelphia X2, Baltimore
  • tdawe said:
    dmbolp said:
    CopperTom said:

Absolutely not......
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,739
    RS65573 said:
    I saw that after brooklyn 1, 2013.  I was like, "wtf?!".
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • RS65573RS65573 Posts: 2,360
    IDK. MSG 2016.
    edited January 2020
    nicknyr15 said:
    tdawe said:
    dmbolp said:
    CopperTom said:

No you’re good to go. 
    Oh nice! See you all on the rail, I'll be the one who hasn't showered in two and a half months!
  • dmbolp said:
    CopperTom said:

MSG policy or not, this is 100% NOT the way the GA line will work for PJ.  It's not the way it worked in 2016 either.
    Pearl Jam fans have always policed their lines, and will continue to do so, no matter what the specific venue policy is.  If you think you are showing up at 8 day of show for a wristband, and leaving the line until the afternoon, you will be watching from many people deep from the rail.
    Lolla St. Louis 92, StL 98, Kansas City 98, Knoxville 98, StL 00, Kansas City 00, Oklahoma City 03, StL 03, Cleveland 03, Pittsburgh 03, Kansas City 03, Philly x 2 03, MSG x 2 03, StL 04, GR 06, Cleveland 06, Detroit 06, SF x 3 06, Portland, Gorge x 2 06, MSG x 2 08, Hartford 08, Mansfield x 2 08
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,587
    Have you read any of the euro line policy threads?
    Letting fans police is often a poor thing.  Lots of selfish aholes out there.  Hope none of the stuff flies, here.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Have you read any of the euro line policy threads?
    Letting fans police is often a poor thing.  Lots of selfish aholes out there.  Hope none of the stuff flies, here.
    I've never been to a show outside the US, so no.
    But I've been to numerous here, specifically PJ.  Trust me, there will be people at every single venue who will keep the line in check.  Again, venues often have policies in place stating you can't line up before a certain time.  The PJ line will already be formed well in advance of that time, count on it.

Getting rail to a PJ show nowadays means you are waiting a minimum of 24 hours in line, often more.  Some of the 2020 midwest leg shows may be a tad different, but the commitment of people is insane since about the 2013 tour.  Fewer shows has meant much stronger demand, and much longer waits in the GA lines.
    Lolla St. Louis 92, StL 98, Kansas City 98, Knoxville 98, StL 00, Kansas City 00, Oklahoma City 03, StL 03, Cleveland 03, Pittsburgh 03, Kansas City 03, Philly x 2 03, MSG x 2 03, StL 04, GR 06, Cleveland 06, Detroit 06, SF x 3 06, Portland, Gorge x 2 06, MSG x 2 08, Hartford 08, Mansfield x 2 08
  • foodboyfoodboy Posts: 988
    in philly 2016 there were people in tents outside in the rain night 1 waiting for night 2 . i couldn't believe it.  that's dedication. 
  • eddieceddiec Posts: 3,832
    Aerocrow said:
    This year's show at MSG will be my first Pearl Jam concert (and my first concert in a long time). I am so excited to see the band and be with everyone who will be there. I can't wait for March.
    First time at MSG as well?
  • imca43imca43 Posts: 54
    Will be our first time too at msg. Taking train from Syracuse. Been to nyc plenty of times but is it possible to pull an all nighter as next train back doesnt leave til 7am? Anything to do all night? 
    Buffalo, New York (October 01, 1996)
    Saratoga Springs, New York (August 27, 2000)
    Philadelphia, PA (October 21, 2013)
    Philadelphia 1 (April 28, 2016)
    Philadelphia 2 (April 29, 2016)
    imca43 said:
    Will be our first time too at msg. Taking train from Syracuse. Been to nyc plenty of times but is it possible to pull an all nighter as next train back doesnt leave til 7am? Anything to do all night? 
    It's the City That Never Sleeps baby. 
  • eddieceddiec Posts: 3,832
    imca43 said:
    Last call at 4am. Probably toss you out around 4:30. Fill up on some pizza or hit a diner. Head to train station.
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,587
    Have you read any of the euro line policy threads?
    I've never been to a show outside the US, so no.
    But I've been to numerous here, specifically PJ.  Trust me, there will be people at every single venue who will keep the line in check.  Again, venues often have policies in place stating you can't line up before a certain time.  The PJ line will already be formed well in advance of that time, count on it.

Getting rail to a PJ show nowadays means you are waiting a minimum of 24 hours in line, often more.  Some of the 2020 midwest leg shows may be a tad different, but the commitment of people is insane since about the 2013 tour.  Fewer shows has meant much stronger demand, and much longer waits in the GA lines.

I know people here who pre-party with the rest of us and then head over, hop into line, and get right up front.  Would never narc them out but I am 100% certain this happened last tour.  It could be that some of those policing are OK with saving spots w/friends.

I have no dog in the fight since I like to mingle with other fans/friends and then go and grab my seat...but I do hope that those who put in the time to wait get priority as only seems fair.  Be good to each other!
    The love he receives is the love that is saved