**The Official Please Play Alaska Thread**

Comments

• BbredzBbredz Alaska Posts: 4
    I think if a show was scheduled in Anchorage, tickets would go quick.  Less than 10k capacity in Alaska Airlines Center.
    Yup chili peppers added a second night because they sold out so fast. I’m sure Pearl Jam would have no problem. I’d like to see them in Seward at that spot you have to ferry or kayak too. That would be one hell of an Alaskan experience for anybody coming to see the show. And I promise to take any one fishing that wants to, if they come up here. I will put you on Salmon. I’m down with the Beartooth acoustic set too. 
  • Hey Alaskans!  I've not been here in a long while, but saw this thread and stopped in to say hello.  I don't think I've posted in it in about 4-5 years.
  • big dipper ice creambig dipper ice cream malt-hop epicenter Posts: 2,529
    We need more support for this thread.  Keep posting your support for some Alaska shows!

2024..........ANCHORAGE-FAIRBANKS-VANCOUVER-SEATTLE-PORTLAND-BOISE-SLC-MISSOULA

• Cool to see a little more support and to big dipper for keepin on.  @Bbredz were you at the Chili Pepper shows?  I haven't seen them since 2007, kind of quit listening to them when John left, but now that he's back I would go again if I had the chance.   Welcome back @PKTrekGirl.    
    bump........for the end of summer west coast

• brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,593
    They should play Alaska and cover this Johnny Horton song:

“The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

No I did not see the Chili Peppers, @iOnlyownMymind like you, I was not to excited for them. Last concert I saw here was Portugal. the Man good show too. Before that was Incubus that was eh, compared to seeing them in the early days. I need some live PJ in my life! 
    edited January 2020
      Even gorgeous in the winter, but it has been really cold this winter so far. So we’ll see you this summer Pearl Jam, right?
    Post edited by Bbredz on
    bump for some "warm" PJ shows in Alaska this fall.

bump

• krisnickkrisnick Posts: 2
    edited January 2020
    I would love to see PJ headline the 10th anniversary of Salmonfest, July 31- August 2, 2020. The festival originated to  raise awareness about environmental issues pertaining to salmon fisheries such as the negative impacts the proposed Pebble Mine could have on salmon fisheries if the project is allowed to proceed. 
    Post edited by krisnick on
    Not sure if they would finish Europe tour on July 23 and have enough time to make it to Alaska by the end of July.  Would love to see an outdoor PJ show in Alaska, but Alaska Airline Center could be the best bet.

bump for Alaska

bump

bump

looking forward to the fall when I can easily drive to some shows.

bump

• Are you invested in the leg 1 debacle dipper?   
    no.......anytime there is a new album and the first shows are announced, it turns into a shitshow.  reading through all the threads about lost tickets and crappy seats is depressing.   i knew the demand would be very high and the new ticket system might have flaws.  i will wait for them to "clean up" the process and hope there are northwest, western Canada, and..............Anchorage shows in August or September.  i'm confident there will be shows in Portland, SLC, Vancouver, Calgary, Edmonton with Boise, Gorge, Sacramento a possibility.  Upper midwest also.    i prefer to drive to a show or two, visit firends, and try some new beer.  

• no.......anytime there is a new album and the first shows are announced, it turns into a shitshow.  reading through all the threads about lost tickets and crappy seats is depressing.   i knew the demand would be very high and the new ticket system might have flaws.  i will wait for them to "clean up" the process and hope there are northwest, western Canada, and..............Anchorage shows in August or September.  i'm confident there will be shows in Portland, SLC, Vancouver, Calgary, Edmonton with Boise, Gorge, Sacramento a possibility.  Upper midwest also.    i prefer to drive to a show or two, visit firends, and try some new beer.  
    Yeah, I just got antsy as I don't know how busy I'll be in the fall.  Went for Oakland shows, only drew 1 of them.  I have to fly to shows anyway, so figured I'd try.  Didn't think it would be this stupid with everything though. 
    they still have problems with orders from the shop, during the first day of the presale.  need to upgrade the server and/or payment system.  

bump

bump for fall 2020

plenty of open dates at the gorge in september.  would like to combine some shows with some hiking near Portland and in Alaska.

noticed DMB is playing in Bend, OR this September ($115 tickets).  let's get some new spots to see the band this fall. 

bump

bump

bump

bump for some PNW Alaska shows in the fall

bump