Important Change To Ten Club Membership Benefits

Comments

• igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,147
    edited January 2020
    Cdemetrios said:
    Anyone know why, on January 10th, it says that my Analog code is invalid?  It says it expires 2/1 and my membership is caught up through this coming July.

Thanks for any assistance!
    That code was for the 2019 shirt. When you renew for 2020 then you can get the 2020 shirt
    I miss igotid88
  • igotid88 said:
    Anyone know why, on January 10th, it says that my Analog code is invalid?  It says it expires 2/1 and my membership is caught up through this coming July.

That code was for the 2019 shirt. When you renew for 2020 then you can get the 2020 shirt
    Oh!  I see now!  Thanks so much!!!  I really appreciate it!
  • brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,594

What I want to know is, where's my senior discount, dammit!
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    back to digital. was going to scrap my membership altogether, follow thirty into the wild. but then the new album promotion happened. looks like y'all stuck with me for at least one more year.  :D
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• NewJPageNewJPage Posts: 3,295
    back to digital. was going to scrap my membership altogether, follow thirty into the wild. but then the new album promotion happened. looks like y'all stuck with me for at least one more year.  :D
    Down to digital as well. Analog seems pretty pointless, sadly 
    6/26/98, 8/17/00, 10/8/00, 12/8/02, 12/9/02, 4/25/03, 5/28/03, 6/1/03, 6/3/03, 6/5/03, 6/6/03, 6/12/03, 6/13/03, 6/15/03, 6/18/03, 6/21/03, 6/22/03, 7/12/03, 7/14/03, 10/3/04, 10/5/04, 9/9/05, 9/11/05, 9/16/05, 5/16/06, 5/17/06, 5/19/06, 6/30/06, 7/23/06, 8/5/07, 6/30/08, 8/23/09, 8/24/09, 5/4/10, 5/7/10, 9/3/11, 9/4/11, 10/11/13, 10/17/14, 8/20/16
  • BV84003BV84003 Holt, MI Posts: 360
    NewJPage said:
    Does it, though? It looks like the only way to get a bootleg download as well as a shirt, and a hard copy of Deep. I think you're actually getting more for your money.
    2003 Clarkston MI #2 | 2004 Grand Rapids MI | 2013 London ON | 2014 Detroit MI | 2016 Toronto ON #1
  • Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 28,867
    edited January 2020
    BV84003 said:
    NewJPage said:
    Does it, though? It looks like the only way to get a bootleg download as well as a shirt, and a hard copy of Deep. I think you're actually getting more for your money.
    No one (pretty much) wants a "tenclub" tshirt when it could have been a Pearl Jam tshirt instead.. 
    The bootleg code it seems people forget about, so not the strongest USP.
    DEEP is amazing.
    Post edited by Spiritual_Chaos on
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • pearljammr78pearljammr78 Posts: 1,613
    I want a ten club shirt. The 2020 one is awesome. It’s still a Pearl Jam shirt but for a select few. The bootleg is cool. Deep is whatever, I’ll take what I get and I’ll be happy. 
    Peace,Love and Pearl Jam.
  • disilluziondisilluzion Posts: 1,015
    I might switch back to anal dog just for the shirt this year. I have until June to decide. I also have WAY too many shirts though.
  • jeffbrjeffbr Seattle Posts: 7,177
    Don't really care about the shirts as most have been awful. If there's a shirt I want i'll take a chance that it will be available for sale to digital members sometime later. Deep is as illusive as the singles, so not much of an incentive. I downgraded to digital this year as well. 
    "I'll use the magic word - let's just shut the fuck up, please." EV, 04/13/08
  • FR181798FR181798 Posts: 2,164
    Downgraded to digital. I still seem to have a few download codes to use from previous years so looks like Im only going to miss the t shirt. Must say that despite most of them being horrible Ive worn them a lot. Its so cold here most of the time I dont take off my hoodie, when Im even tempted I have to check Ive not got one of the really bad ones on. =)
  • I know I'm more than a year after this was posted but just checking in on the following: "Members who purchased or renewed their membership at the Analog level in 2017 and/or 2018 will also receive the limited edition vinyl for those years once physical production is complete."

I began my Analog membership in 2017 and haven't received any records, so does that mean I still have 2 records forthcoming once they are produced?
  • pjl44pjl44 Posts: 7,958
    I know I'm more than a year after this was posted but just checking in on the following: "Members who purchased or renewed their membership at the Analog level in 2017 and/or 2018 will also receive the limited edition vinyl for those years once physical production is complete."

I began my Analog membership in 2017 and haven't received any records, so does that mean I still have 2 records forthcoming once they are produced?
    Yes
  • pjl44 said:
    I know I'm more than a year after this was posted but just checking in on the following: "Members who purchased or renewed their membership at the Analog level in 2017 and/or 2018 will also receive the limited edition vinyl for those years once physical production is complete."

Yes

Sweet. Do we already know what singles they will be and when they will be shipped?
  • decides2dreamdecides2dream Posts: 14,976
    i haven't gotten one in years now so thought this already happened.  bummer that for whatever reason i apparently never got em for some years?  not sure what happened there. 
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

• JLPJLP Posts: 10
    I haven’t gotten my vinyls how do we redeem them? 
    JLP said:
    I haven’t gotten my vinyls how do we redeem them? 
    Nobody has. We're all still waiting
    I miss igotid88
  • pjl44pjl44 Posts: 7,958
    pjl44 said:

Yes

Sweet. Do we already know what singles they will be and when they will be shipped?
    No
  • I've been an Analog member since November of 2017 and have never received a hard copy of deep.  Is there such a thing?
  • jeffbrjeffbr Seattle Posts: 7,177
    tyland42 said:
    I've been an Analog member since November of 2017 and have never received a hard copy of deep.  Is there such a thing?
    Not anymore. There used to be, and they do say it is a current benefit, but evidence and reality say otherwise. Now, it could reappear at some point in the future, but this band has stopped caring about the fan club and their obligations to fans, so don't hold your breath.
    "I'll use the magic word - let's just shut the fuck up, please." EV, 04/13/08
  • bazzerbazzer Posts: 3,084
    jeffbr said:
    tyland42 said:
    I've been an Analog member since November of 2017 and have never received a hard copy of deep.  Is there such a thing?
    Not anymore. There used to be, and they do say it is a current benefit, but evidence and reality say otherwise. Now, it could reappear at some point in the future, but this band has stopped caring about the fan club and their obligations to fans, so don't hold your breath.
    @tyland42 in case it's not obvious from the above, a hard copy of Deep is still a thing. Like the vinyl, we haven't had any for a while. Unlike, the vinyl, it is still something they reckon they're doing going forward.
  • i'm not sure what seniority means anymore (if anything) but i'll be damned if i'm gonna give up my member number at this point.
    Give way to nature ...
    i'm not sure what seniority means anymore (if anything) but i'll be damned if i'm gonna give up my member number at this point.
    It means great seats if you win the lottery. But doesn't guarantee a ticket
    I miss igotid88
  • disilluziondisilluzion Posts: 1,015
    Yup, I'm not giving up my 25 year old member number.
  • DP17DP17 Posts: 68
    pearlJAM... they do what they WANT, WE DO what WE WANT... it's all an EVOLUTION BABYYYYYYY... 
  • ten zten z Posts: 50
    edited January 2020
    I was an analog member until last year when they stopped doing the holiday single.  I only redeemed the analog member item once.  It was a t-shirt that, tbh, I don't wear that much.  I downgraded to digital in 2019.  I considered leaving 10c altogether this year, but then the new album was announced so I decided to stay.  I'm sticking with the digital level.

EDIT:  Just remembered that the analog/digital membership system didn't exist when I joined in 2010, so I edited my post.
    Post edited by ten z on
    PJ Shows I have attended:
    May 15, 2010 Hartford, CT 
    October 12, 2013 Buffalo, NY
  • demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,335
    brianlux said:

What I want to know is, where's my senior discount, dammit!
    Bahahaha!!
  • darthvedderdarthvedder Posts: 2,465
    Digital membership has really gotten expensive over the past year.

I paid $43 instead of 40. Did anyone get taxed or whatever the extra was?
    I miss igotid88
  • Most likely the extra $3 are due to the Economic Presence Nexus - It's a recent law where states with sales tax can now force a business that takes orders from outside their state to collect taxes on their behalf due to the Economic Presence - (Analog membership order with eventual physical goods going to taxable state in these cases) Nexus ( A connection of two or more things - order, person placing order and the taxable state the customer is being billed in). Florida and Missouri are not using this yet, the other 43 states with sales tax are. I work as a Trainer and Team Lead at a call center for a company that sends orders throughout the U.S. among other places, and have to occasionally explain this law to angry folks who think it was our decision to tax them. I often explain that our choice is to either comply with the law or no longer accept orders from their state and that state but that we hope their roads and schools are better for it at least.    
    Mike "...After Dark"
This discussion has been closed.