new podcast - jamily matters

Comments

• PB11041PB11041 Earth Posts: 2,759
    PB11041 said:
    PB11041 said:
    igotid88 said:
    The Binaural episode is gonna piss people off
    if it is two industry goobs bagging on binaural then well, I lived that era already once. 
    haven't heard the episode but this pod is definitely not industry goobs. the first episode makes it clear they were fans first and foremost who were inspired to pursue careers in the industry by their love for pearl jam. you should definitely give a listen and then judge.
    I already listened to the first episode.  It was what I expected. I will listen to a few more, but I am not expecting much.
    just curious what it is that you were expecting?
    a DJ from the leftover carcass of Clear Channel and a person from pseudo independent label of Sony talking about pearl jam.  And thusly it was.  
    His eminence has yet to show. 
    http://www.hi5sports.org/ (Sports Program for Kids with Disabilities)
    http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=3652

• PB11041 said:
    PB11041 said:
    PB11041 said:
    igotid88 said:
    if it is two industry goobs bagging on binaural then well, I lived that era already once. 
    haven't heard the episode but this pod is definitely not industry goobs. the first episode makes it clear they were fans first and foremost who were inspired to pursue careers in the industry by their love for pearl jam. you should definitely give a listen and then judge.
    I already listened to the first episode.  It was what I expected. I will listen to a few more, but I am not expecting much.
    a DJ from the leftover carcass of Clear Channel and a person from pseudo independent label of Sony talking about pearl jam.  And thusly it was.  
    sooo.... a fun conversation about their love of pearl jam and what the songs mean to them? and one that opens up reflecting back on what an experience it is to listen to the full albums instead of just shuffling through favorite songs? because yeah, that's totally what i've gotten from it too!
    1998: DC
    2003: Charlotte
    2008: Virginia Beach /  DC / EV Solo DC
    2009: Outside Lands San Fran / Philadelphia 4 / EV Solo Baltimore
    2010: Bristow
    2013: Wrigley Field / Baltimore / Charlottesville
    PB11041 said:
    PB11041 said:
    PB11041 said:
    igotid88 said:
    sooo.... a fun conversation about their love of pearl jam and what the songs mean to them? and one that opens up reflecting back on what an experience it is to listen to the full albums instead of just shuffling through favorite songs? because yeah, that's totally what i've gotten from it too!
    if you are here to convince everyone they have to like something I submit that is going to be a failed effort.  I have no ill will towards anyone who wants to listen to it, and maybe they will prove me wrong and the episodes will appeal to me as they move on, I am just saying for myself, I am not counting on it.  

• mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,739
    PB11041 said:
    PB11041 said:
    PB11041 said:
    PB11041 said:
    igotid88 said:
    if you are here to convince everyone they have to like something I submit that is going to be a failed effort.  I have no ill will towards anyone who wants to listen to it, and maybe they will prove me wrong and the episodes will appeal to me as they move on, I am just saying for myself, I am not counting on it.  
    I m guessing he is somehow associated with the podcast.  

I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,381
    PB11041 said:
    PB11041 said:
    igotid88 said:

I think he was expecting industry goobs.
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• PB11041 said:
    PB11041 said:
    PB11041 said:
    PB11041 said:
    igotid88 said:
    definitely not trying to do that. i just was curious from your original comment what you had felt was lacking. but you certainly owe me nothing and don't have to explain yourself to anyone.
    PB11041 said:
    PB11041 said:
    PB11041 said:
    PB11041 said:
    igotid88 said:
    definitely not trying to do that. i just was curious from your original comment what you had felt was lacking. but you certainly owe me nothing and don't have to explain yourself to anyone.
    the important thing is you enjoy it, that is all that really matters in the end.  I am not quitting on it, it is pearl jam, so I will see where it takes me.

• LukinFanLukinFan Florida Posts: 28,972
    I'm about halfway through the Vs episode. I'll probably finish it on my way home from work. 

Here's my Vs list:

12. Dissident
    11. Rats
    10. Blood
    9. Small Town
    8. WMA
    7. Daughter 
    6. Go
    5. Indifference 
    4. Glorified G
    3. Animal 
    2. Leash
    1. Rearviewmirror 

This album was very tough.  I love every song. It's up there in my favorite Pearl Jam albums, and their best commercial album. 
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • Is the title of the pod ironic or serious, because it would affect my decision to give it a listen. 
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
    Is the title of the pod ironic or serious, because it would affect my decision to give it a listen. 
    What if I said the title was just inconsequentially poor choice?  There is no real tie in really, but I only listened to the opening episode thus far.

Is the title of the pod ironic or serious, because it would affect my decision to give it a listen. 
    Yea, the title really doesn’t matter. It’s just two people talking Pearl Jam. If that interests you, then you’ll probably like it. 
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

• igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,147
    The things people here hate
    I miss igotid88
  • on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,381
    You wouldn’t like it. 
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

Listened to Backspacer and Vs episode, unless I'm tripping they both discussed Indifference as an opener in the live setting. That is a huge technical foul. I had to have heard that wrong. 

That said, they are having fun and if people enjoy this to each their own. 

• tino_11tino_11 Posts: 1,923
    I listened to the Backspacer episode last night and halfway through the Vs episode this morning. The show has been done quite professionally and I've enjoyed listening to their thoughts on which songs or parts of songs that they particularly like. 

It would be great to have a bit more humour in it. People's lists are obviously going to be different and the male host does do subtle humour well, but it would be great to just be like 'Elderly Woman only number 8 on Vs.? What are you thinking?!'
    2010: London
    2012: Manchester I, Manchester II, Manchester (EV) 
    2014: Milan, Leeds, Milton Keynes 
    2017: London II (EV) 
    2018: Amsterdam I, London I, Prague, London II 
    2019: London (EV)
    2022: London I, London II, Budapest, Krakow, Amsterdam
    PB11041 said:
    Listened to Backspacer and Vs episode, unless I'm tripping they both discussed Indifference as an opener in the live setting. That is a huge technical foul. I had to have heard that wrong. 

I was thinking the same thing for Indifference when I heard it. When was it ever an opener? 
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

• LukinFan said:
    PB11041 said:

I was thinking the same thing for Indifference when I heard it. When was it ever an opener? 
    i have a boot from amsterdam in 93 where it was the opener. not sure when else i've heard it though.
    LukinFan said:
    PB11041 said:

1 time in July 1993 Amsterdam.  I time in March 1994 Colorado.  

• Some heavy implication that there is an "intimate", perhaps industry insider show (Sirius?) coming up on yesterday's podcast.

Also, Roche, we get it, you don't like Punk Jam. Stop belaboring the point.
    Image result for urkel gif

Some heavy implication that there is an "intimate", perhaps industry insider show (Sirius?) coming up on yesterday's podcast.

Also, Roche, we get it, you don't like Punk Jam. Stop belaboring the point.
    Yea, I'm thinking it has to be the rumored Sirius show too.
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

• listening to the newest episode and am absolutely dying. binaural is most likely my favorite album. i have to go back and listen once more and rank it myself so i can decide who i am more mad at listening to this. be right back...  =)
  • rummyrummy British Columbia, Canada Posts: 4,345
    They’ve had four album “reviews” (No Code, Backspacer, Vs, and Binaural) up on TuneIn Radio for about a month now but nothing new since. I’m wondering if they’ve stopped???
  • rummy said:
    They’ve had four album “reviews” (No Code, Backspacer, Vs, and Binaural) up on TuneIn Radio for about a month now but nothing new since. I’m wondering if they’ve stopped???
    there was a pod when all the news broke about the album and tour so i think they're still going. i think some pod host platforms require that you post a certain amount of episodes before you can be hosted. i think they probably had some sort of roll out plan that they're sticking to with all the other platforms maybe? i use my google music app for my pods and binaural was just released yesterday or today.
  • tino_11tino_11 Posts: 1,923
    Half way through the Binaural episode. Really enjoying it. The presenter's lists are so different and yet mine is also different to them both. 

Of the PJ podcasts I've tried, this is certainly my favourite. 
    2010: London
    2012: Manchester I, Manchester II, Manchester (EV) 
    2014: Milan, Leeds, Milton Keynes 
    2017: London II (EV) 
    2018: Amsterdam I, London I, Prague, London II 
    2019: London (EV)
    2022: London I, London II, Budapest, Krakow, Amsterdam
  • igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,147
    edited February 2020
    rummy said:
    They're releasing them every 2 weeks I believe. They already recorded those  episodes early.  They did the tour one when it happened 
    Post edited by igotid88 on
    I miss igotid88
  • aurelgugusaurelgugus France & Luxembourg Posts: 499
    rummy said:
    there was a pod when all the news broke about the album and tour so i think they're still going. i think some pod host platforms require that you post a certain amount of episodes before you can be hosted. i think they probably had some sort of roll out plan that they're sticking to with all the other platforms maybe? i use my google music app for my pods and binaural was just released yesterday or today.
    You’re right, I contacted Roche and he told me that they had to provide 5 episodes in order to be hosted on podcast platforms. That’s why the Vs and Binaural episodes were available on TuneIn radio way before Apple podcast.
    From now on, we should have a new (album ranking) episode every two weeks.
    Even though I strongly disagree on Binaural with the two hosts, I have enjoyed listening to their opinions. 
    2012 : Amsterdam 2
    2014 : Amsterdam 1&2, Milan, Berlin, Werchter
    2018 : Amsterdam 1&2, Pinkpop, London 1, Berlin, Werchter, London 2
    2020 : ?
  • i really wanted to love the JM podcast ... but I just don't.  i find their conversations/insights kind of lazy and repetitive.  i would have thought two huge "fans" would go deep on some of their banter but it all seems kind of quick and not that thoughtful.  i dropped out after 3 or 4 installments.   
    Give way to nature ...
  • don't know about the rest of you, but i very much needed something to distract me for a while and the latest episode hit the spot. continuing to ignore my preschooler and digging back in to avocado now.