Iran Deal, the reset.....

Comments

• cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,072
    having loved ones on the plane doesn't change common sense. 

is it possible? of course, anything is. maybe obama fired the missile from his home in kenya. but it's clearly not the answer that makes the most sense. 
    Dude, I told you earlier, your opinion doesn’t matter to me. I’m here to vent about Trump. I’ve paid attention since day one and PREDICTED HE WOULD WIN the presidency. 
     I knew this would be a shitshow... only it isn’t funny anymore.  Peoples lives are at stake, including yours. But if you want to make excuses, you go right ahead. I’m not taking this shit lying down. 
    HEY EVERYONE THIS GUY PREDICTED TRUMP WOULD WIN SO HE CLEARLY DOESN'T NEED TO LISTEN TO THE REST OF Y'ALL'S OPINIONS. 
        -this has been a public service announcement brought to you by HFD
    I don’t need to listen to YOUR opinion. But one of the Trumpster sheeple would twist everything I was posting and of course once again take one little piece of it out of context and write some inane comment. 
    PSA from 1TK
    of course you don't. you keep saying my opinion doesn't matter. and that's fine if that's what you think. but then why keep replying? no one's holding a gun to your head. 

for the record: i don't believe there are any of trump's people in this thread at the moment. just people with opposing views attempting to have an adult conversation. not everyone you disagree with is a trump supporter. it blows me away that this keeps having to be said 3 years in. 
    Because as always you just have to get the last word in and then hide behind the fact you want to have “an adult conversation”. I already said I came in to vent. Several Canadians died due Trump’s ineptness and lack of empathy.  I blame him for what happened and I can only hope he will be held accountable.  This guy is a buffoon... his decisions are costing people their lives.  
    Your initial response was typically smug and while most times I ignore you, as I mentioned earlier, I’ve reached the end of my rope with Trump and I’m fired up. I don’t need anymore evidence to blame him for this and I certainly don’t need anyone to tell me it’s “quite a leap” to blame Trump for it. 
    the last word? am I not supposed to respond when people post?
    There you go again.......

;)
    hippiemom = goodness
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    having loved ones on the plane doesn't change common sense. 

is it possible? of course, anything is. maybe obama fired the missile from his home in kenya. but it's clearly not the answer that makes the most sense. 
    Dude, I told you earlier, your opinion doesn’t matter to me. I’m here to vent about Trump. I’ve paid attention since day one and PREDICTED HE WOULD WIN the presidency. 
     I knew this would be a shitshow... only it isn’t funny anymore.  Peoples lives are at stake, including yours. But if you want to make excuses, you go right ahead. I’m not taking this shit lying down. 
    HEY EVERYONE THIS GUY PREDICTED TRUMP WOULD WIN SO HE CLEARLY DOESN'T NEED TO LISTEN TO THE REST OF Y'ALL'S OPINIONS. 
        -this has been a public service announcement brought to you by HFD
    I don’t need to listen to YOUR opinion. But one of the Trumpster sheeple would twist everything I was posting and of course once again take one little piece of it out of context and write some inane comment. 
    PSA from 1TK
    of course you don't. you keep saying my opinion doesn't matter. and that's fine if that's what you think. but then why keep replying? no one's holding a gun to your head. 

for the record: i don't believe there are any of trump's people in this thread at the moment. just people with opposing views attempting to have an adult conversation. not everyone you disagree with is a trump supporter. it blows me away that this keeps having to be said 3 years in. 
    Because as always you just have to get the last word in and then hide behind the fact you want to have “an adult conversation”. I already said I came in to vent. Several Canadians died due Trump’s ineptness and lack of empathy.  I blame him for what happened and I can only hope he will be held accountable.  This guy is a buffoon... his decisions are costing people their lives.  
    Your initial response was typically smug and while most times I ignore you, as I mentioned earlier, I’ve reached the end of my rope with Trump and I’m fired up. I don’t need anymore evidence to blame him for this and I certainly don’t need anyone to tell me it’s “quite a leap” to blame Trump for it. 
    the last word? am I not supposed to respond when people post?
    There you go again.......

;)
    it's really quite fascinating. people keep responding to my "last word attempts", which to me, means they are actually trying to have the last word, claiming I'm trying to have the last word. it's a fucking ongoing conversation. it's not like I'm trying to get the last comment in before the thread gets locked. "having the last word" in an internet discussion makes absolutely zero sense. 

for the record, i was on the phone last night consoling a friend who knew the two kids from his school division that died in that crash. so yeah, I think many of us are angry and upset at all of this. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

Beard who cares damn so now we have fashion police on here lol , please tell me you believe our supreme leader on anything that pertains to Iran and also believe everything he says about Saudi Arabia!
    I know you probably aren't on twitter, but it was actually fucking trending the other day. The CBC went so low as to run a fucking story about it. It was embarrassing. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,258
    I wonder.....if after Obama had Bin Laden killed.......what if the US experienced another 9/11 level event as a result? or some type of accident as a result of the heightened tensions/paranoia? would you all have blamed obama? or the ones who perpetrated the attack/made the mistake?

I can take a wild guess. 
    I wonder.....if after Obama had Bin Laden killed.......what if the US experienced another 9/11 level event as a result? or some type of accident as a result of the heightened tensions/paranoia? would you all have blamed obama? or the ones who perpetrated the attack/made the mistake?

I can take a wild guess. 
    I’m not sure since nothing really happened by the killing of binladen was there any retaliation by anyone? I’m blaming the Baffoon’s actions for this mess! He always talks about bringing troops home yet by his decision to kill the general we had to send troops back into harms way! How is that sensible ...If you want peace you have to offer peaceful solutions period ...
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....

I can take a wild guess. 

I can take a wild guess. 
    I’m not sure since nothing really happened by the killing of binladen was there any retaliation by anyone? I’m blaming the Baffoon’s actions for this mess! He always talks about bringing troops home yet by his decision to kill the general we had to send troops back into harms way! How is that sensible ...If you want peace you have to offer peaceful solutions period ...
    i agree 100% that trump started this mess. there is no denying that. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

I can take a wild guess. 

I can take a wild guess. 
    Yeah I don't think very many around here ever did.  I get frustrated by this place when you try and talk about 1 specific thing and people keep trying to bring up all the other trump stuff.  And then you make a comment like I did about feeling better after Trump's press conference because I was concerned he would escalate and then some uses that phrasing as some sort of a dis in other threads. 

hippiemom = goodness

I can take a wild guess. 

I can take a wild guess. 
    Yeah I don't think very many around here ever did.  I get frustrated by this place when you try and talk about 1 specific thing and people keep trying to bring up all the other trump stuff.  And then you make a comment like I did about feeling better after Trump's press conference because I was concerned he would escalate and then some uses that phrasing as some sort of a dis in other threads. 

I can definitely understand if you were a right winger and believing that TDS does actually exist. you simply can't not blame him for anything without getting demolished. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• 1ThoughtKnown1ThoughtKnown Posts: 6,155
    edited January 2020
    how is the alleged stance by our favourite rock band relevant to this? do your formulate all your opinions based on the teachings of The Almighty Vedder?
    It’s a Pearl Jam forum knucklehead lmao
    uh, and how is that relevant? we aren't talking about their music here, (insert childish name-calling here)

again, do you formulate all your opinions based on what you think the band would think? and you call other people sheep?

Again, to some of us it isn’t sharing a political view with the band but more of a shared belief how we should treat each other.

Are you saying Pearl Jam doesn’t think this is Condition Critical?

seems like PJ might be about to take a pretty bold step on this topic. 
    there's a big difference between having a shared world view with them and and just blindly following theirs. I don't know if the latter is actually the case, but that's what it sounded like. 
    Of course it did because you just wanted to argue about something else trivial I posted. It’s laughable.  I said the boys is PJ would blame Trump as well because this is a PJ Forum 😂.
    i was saying they would agree with me and I look forward to them calling that pathetic waste of skin out in concert all over the world in 2020! 
    Trumpleaguer... make it happen boys 
    Post edited by 1ThoughtKnown on
  • I wonder.....if after Obama had Bin Laden killed.......what if the US experienced another 9/11 level event as a result? or some type of accident as a result of the heightened tensions/paranoia? would you all have blamed obama? or the ones who perpetrated the attack/made the mistake?

I can take a wild guess. 

I can take a wild guess. 
    Wow. That was all I was saying in the beginning. He started this mess and is to blame. And it was a leap. 

I can take a wild guess. 

I can take a wild guess. 
    Wow. That was all I was saying in the beginning. He started this mess and is to blame. And it was a leap. 

Is Iran to blame at all? 

Trump first escalated this mess for sure, owns some responsibility but a small amount for this specific incident (in my opinion).  
    hippiemom = goodness
    how is the alleged stance by our favourite rock band relevant to this? do your formulate all your opinions based on the teachings of The Almighty Vedder?
    It’s a Pearl Jam forum knucklehead lmao
    uh, and how is that relevant? we aren't talking about their music here, (insert childish name-calling here)

again, do you formulate all your opinions based on what you think the band would think? and you call other people sheep?

Again, to some of us it isn’t sharing a political view with the band but more of a shared belief how we should treat each other.

Are you saying Pearl Jam doesn’t think this is Condition Critical?

seems like PJ might be about to take a pretty bold step on this topic. 
    there's a big difference between having a shared world view with them and and just blindly following theirs. I don't know if the latter is actually the case, but that's what it sounded like. 
    Of course it did because you just wanted to argue about something else trivial I posted. It’s laughable. 
    I don't even know what the hell you are blathering about now. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,094
    Critical 

Zzzzzzzz.

I can take a wild guess. 

I can take a wild guess. 

no, you said he was 100% to blame for the plane being shot down. I said he is to blame for starting the escalation that lead to the iranians shooting it down accidentally. that is not the same thing. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,739

I can take a wild guess. 

I can take a wild guess. 

I could see your side if the plane was inbound, but it was an outbound plane.  If in fact Iran did accidentally shoot an outbound plane down then that is a 100% on them and no one else.  
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
    edited January 2020

I can take a wild guess. 

I can take a wild guess. 

Is Iran to blame at all? 

Trump first escalated this mess for sure, owns some responsibility but a small amount for this specific incident (in my opinion).  
    I just don’t know... Trump attacked a foreigner on foreign soil.  Is that Iran’s fault? Soldiers “trigger happy” because they don’t know what he will do next? Is that Iran’s fault... not so sure. 
    Im convinced it’s Trumps mess. The whole thing is self-preservation. He doesn’t care about anything but winning.  The nation, NATO allies, soldiers lives, innocent civilians lives... none of it matters to him. 
    I have no doubt he attacked just to secure Republican Senate votes to avoid getting turfed from that earlier post. Makes perfect sense really, he wouldn’t have any reason to do it otherwise. Think about it, it came out of nowhere! 

I can take a wild guess. 

I can take a wild guess. 

Is Iran to blame at all? 

I just don’t know... Trump attacked a foreigner on foreign soil.  Is that Iran’s fault? Soldiers “trigger happy” because they don’t know what he will do next? Is that Iran’s fault... not so sure. 
    Im convinced it’s Trumps mess. The whole thing is self-preservation. He doesn’t care about anything but winning.  The nation, NATO allies, soldiers lives, innocent civilians lives... none of it matters to him. 
    I have no doubt he attacked just to secure Republican Senate votes to avoid getting turfed from that earlier post. Makes perfect sense really, he wouldn’t have any reason to do it otherwise. Think about it, it came out of nowhere! 

this I would imagine most of us agree on. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

I can take a wild guess. 

I can take a wild guess. 

Is Iran to blame at all? 

Trumps initial action is for sure all on him.

hippiemom = goodness
  • mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,602

I can take a wild guess. 

I can take a wild guess. 

no, you said he was 100% to blame for the plane being shot down. I said he is to blame for starting the escalation that lead to the iranians shooting it down accidentally. that is not the same thing. 
    I understand.  So you're saying you're moving to Michigan to vote for Trump.  Got it.  
    mrussel1 said:

I can take a wild guess. 

I can take a wild guess. 

I understand.  So you're saying you're moving to Michigan to vote for Trump.  Got it.  
    LOL 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• mcgruff10 said:

I can take a wild guess. 

I can take a wild guess. 

I could see your side if the plane was inbound, but it was an outbound plane.  If in fact Iran did accidentally shoot an outbound plane down then that is a 100% on them and no one else.  
     None of it would have happened had Trump not ordered a hit like some deranged mob boss on an Iranian official to secure votes in the Senate to save his ass from getting turfed. 
    Hopefully you vote with your conscience bud. I don’t think I could possibly despise a human being more than that scumbag Trump. He is an embarrassment, and as a US citizen you should know the entire world laughs at this twit. 
    But unfortunately it’s not funny anymore. His recklessness is costing lives.  It’s real now.. and he’s gotta go before the damage is unrepairable. 
    edited January 2020

I can take a wild guess. 

I can take a wild guess. 

Is Iran to blame at all? 

Fair enough. Sorry for getting too fired up. I’m really frightened and pissed off. I went back to my visit to Birkenau after the Krakow show last year and the feeling of dread I had that everything I value and treasure is being led by the village idiot who is in the back pocket of pure evil (Putin).
    Also, I cannot put into words the grief I feel for your friend. I am holding back tears as I type this... it should never have happened and I hold Trump 100% responsible.  It’s of little solace to you and your friend I know, but he has to be stopped or there will be more.... many more. 
    The War Pigs are circling him... and it’s worrisome 
    Post edited by 1ThoughtKnown on
    edited January 2020
    mcgruff10 said:

I can take a wild guess. 

I can take a wild guess. 

None of it would have happened had Trump not ordered a hit like some deranged mob boss on an Iranian official to secure votes in the Senate to save his ass from getting turfed. 
    Hopefully you vote with your conscience bud. I don’t think I could possibly despise a human being more than that scumbag Trump. He is an embarrassment, and as a US citizen you should know the entire world laughs at this twit. 
    But unfortunately it’s not funny anymore. His recklessness is costing lives.  It’s real now.. and he’s gotta go before the damage is unrepairable. 
    I'm not a trump fan at all but I do try to give credit where credit is due and place blame on the guilty party.  I didn't vote for him last election and will not in the next one either.  (fingers crossed sanders or warren don't get the nom, then I am going third party.)
  • mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:

I can take a wild guess. 

I can take a wild guess. 

I'm not a trump fan at all but I do try to give credit where credit is due and place blame on the guilty party.  I didn't vote for him last election and will not in the next one either.  (fingers crossed sanders or warren don't get the nom, then I am going third party.)
    Sander and Warren too “socialist” for you?  You know, if they got in you would just be more like capitalist nations with a conscience like Canada, Denmark, Sweden, UK,Germany, Switzerland, Australia, France, NZ, Chile, etc. 
    You know a social safety net, medicare and gun control really isn’t that bad. 

I can take a wild guess. 

I can take a wild guess. 

Is Iran to blame at all? 

Fair enough. Sorry for getting too fired up. I’m really frightened and pissed off. I went back to my visit to Birkenau after the Krakow show last year and the feeling of dread I had that everything I value and treasure is being led by the village idiot who is in the back pocket of pure evil (Putin).
    Also, I cannot put into words the grief I feel for your friend. I am holding back tears as I type this... it should never have happened and I hold Trump 100% responsible.  It’s of little solace to you and your friend I know, but he has to be stopped or there will be more.... many more. 
    The War Pigs are circling him... and it’s worrisome 
    it was thought by many that this would be the year trump would try to start something, depending how impeachment and his poll numbers went. it was to be completely expected. but I don't think we need to build the bunker just yet. I went crazy when he was first elected, thinking this was going to be the end of the planet as we know it. it seems some have gone back to that fear based thinking. Do I have confidence in the checks and balances of the US government to reign in the POTUS? not anymore. But while I think he's a self-service POS, I don't think he's going to bring us WW3. 

But I do have confidence in other world leaders to not jump on board with his bullshit. I know Trudeau won't, anyway. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,094
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:

I can take a wild guess. 

I can take a wild guess. 

But do you let kids play with matches? 

Because that is the republican crime of our generations.
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:

I can take a wild guess. 

I can take a wild guess. 

Sander and Warren too “socialist” for you?  You know, if they got in you would just be more like capitalist nations with a conscience like Canada, Denmark, Sweden, UK,Germany, Switzerland, Australia, France, NZ, Chile, etc. 
    Correct, Sanders and Warren are way to left for me.  I'm pretty much center left, but let's not have that discussion here.
  • brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,592
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:

I can take a wild guess. 

I can take a wild guess. 

Correct, Sanders and Warren are way to left for me.  I'm pretty much center left, but let's not have that discussion here.

I wouldn't worry about either of them being way to left.  For one things, many of the things they propose would get shot down by the senate or watered down enough to be satisfactory for those who are moderates. Secondly, I think we would be a lot better off with a president that was relatively far to the left than one that is verifiable off his rocker and dangerous as hell.
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:

I can take a wild guess. 

I can take a wild guess. 

Fair enough... but I encourage you to jump in. The water is fine. 
     You are right though, off topic. 
  • mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:

I can take a wild guess. 

I can take a wild guess. 

But do you let kids play with matches? 

Because that is the republican crime of our generations.
    Yup. 
  • DarthMaeglinDarthMaeglin Toronto Posts: 2,413
    I'm a bit surprised this one hasn't been brought up yet as a prior example Trump may have been drawing on with the Soleimani strike.

Remember when Bill Clinton was a couple days away from testifying in his impeachment and suddenly decided it was time to launch airstrikes in Serbia (I believe?)?  This is hardly a new play, though with unintended consequences this time.

I'm honestly baffled that the Iranian radar didn't identify the plane as a commercial airliner versus a warplane.  I suspect there was a breakdown in the command structure, but that's pure speculation.  Someone CHOSE to pull the trigger, with or without authorization, and I'm not trusting a word from the Iranian government at the moment, sorry.
    "The world is full of idiots and I am but one of them."

10-30-1991 Toronto, Toronto 1 & 2 2016, Toronto 2022