new podcast - jamily matters

Comments

• hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    mcgruff10 said:
    Forget the title and give it a try
    strongly agreed
    Can we petition them to change the title?
    I don’t think it gets Eddie Vedder than that title. 
    I think the boys like the term jamily 
    I sense sarcasm :prayer:

Yo, Faxxxx - they might as well go the KISS route and come out with Jamily condoms, with a big circle around and line through the word in question.  Something akin to this, minus the tractor of course.

• PB11041PB11041 Earth Posts: 2,759
    on2legs said:
    PB11041 said:
    Content is all that matters, and yet Jamily is the most excruciatingly barftastic term ever applied to fan group.
    It's so bad that Stone used it...

So... if a pair of socks showed up in the ten club store that said JAMILY, you wouldn't buy them?!??
    Hard no. But I would pay to see Stone wear them.
    His eminence has yet to show. 
    http://www.hi5sports.org/ (Sports Program for Kids with Disabilities)
    http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=3652

igotid88 said:
    Didn't think one of them would have Force of Nature that low. Also think Speed of Sound is great. I know it's hard to rank songs. But figured those would be towards the top
    The thing about Speed of Sound, Ed's demo is so near perfect and haunting.  BoB popified it a bit too much. 

• BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,524
    on2legs said:
    PB11041 said:
    Content is all that matters, and yet Jamily is the most excruciatingly barftastic term ever applied to fan group.

So... if a pair of socks showed up in the ten club store that said JAMILY, you wouldn't buy them?!??
    I think the boys would totally wear jamily socks on stage
  • on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,379
    So... now that Christmas is over and I have a free minute.  

One of the things I liked about this podcast was that they really gave Backspacer it’s due.  It gets maligned here a lot but I think it deserves better than it gets.  There’s really no songs that I skip and even my least favorite, Johnny Guitar, is still pretty catchy.  There are songs on Backspacer I absolutely love.  I’d be pumped to be at a Backspacer full album show.  
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• LukinFanLukinFan Florida Posts: 28,972
    I listened to the first half of the Backspacer episode this morning on my way into work and then decided to make my own list ranking my favorite tracks off the album:

11. The Fixer
    10. Got Some
    9. Supersonic 
    8. Johnny Guitar
    7. Gonna See My Friend 
    6. The End
    5. Force of Nature 
    4. Just Breathe
    3. Speed of Sound
    2. Amongst the Waves
    1. Unthought Known 

Overall, I thought it was a good episode (so far). Of course I didn't agree with most of their first half of their lists, but I wasn't expecting to.
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • two comments about to be combined into 1.

first, my rankings:
    11. johnny guitar
    10. the fixer
    9. gonna see my friend
    8. got some
    7. super sonic
    6. speed of sound
    5. amongst the waves
    4. unthought known
    3. just breathe
    2. the end
    1. force of nature (i'm a sucker for songs that i feel like were written about me. when backspacer was released, i completely felt like i was this woman.)

second, they have a new episode that dropped today on vs. i don't know the last time i felt as much excitement about vs as i do right now after listening to this episode and reminiscing about what it felt like when vs first came out. highly recommend checking it out if you haven't subscribed yet!
    1998: DC
    2003: Charlotte
    2008: Virginia Beach /  DC / EV Solo DC
    2009: Outside Lands San Fran / Philadelphia 4 / EV Solo Baltimore
    2010: Bristow
    2013: Wrigley Field / Baltimore / Charlottesville
    two comments about to be combined into 1.

first, my rankings:
    11. johnny guitar
    10. the fixer
    9. gonna see my friend
    8. got some
    7. super sonic
    6. speed of sound
    5. amongst the waves
    4. unthought known
    3. just breathe
    2. the end
    1. force of nature (i'm a sucker for songs that i feel like were written about me. when backspacer was released, i completely felt like i was this woman.)

second, they have a new episode that dropped today on vs. i don't know the last time i felt as much excitement about vs as i do right now after listening to this episode and reminiscing about what it felt like when vs first came out. highly recommend checking it out if you haven't subscribed yet!

Thanks for the heads up. I was wondering when the next episode was going to drop. 
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

• on2legs said:
    PB11041 said:

Hell no.

I didn't buy this years Halloween shirt and I LOVED those!
  • on2legs said:
    So... now that Christmas is over and I have a free minute.  

One of the things I liked about this podcast was that they really gave Backspacer it’s due.  It gets maligned here a lot but I think it deserves better than it gets.  There’s really no songs that I skip and even my least favorite, Johnny Guitar, is still pretty catchy.  There are songs on Backspacer I absolutely love.  I’d be pumped to be at a Backspacer full album show.  
    Tom there are 3 albums I have tried to listen to that I just can't make it all the way through and those are Selftitled, Riot act and Backspacer.

I am gong to go home tonight and try t listen to Backspacer from front to back and report back.
  • igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,144
    I heard the No Code and downloaded the Binaural episode as well
    I miss igotid88
  • aurelgugusaurelgugus France & Luxembourg Posts: 499
    igotid88 said:

Where have you found these ?
    2012 : Amsterdam 2
    2014 : Amsterdam 1&2, Milan, Berlin, Werchter
    2018 : Amsterdam 1&2, Pinkpop, London 1, Berlin, Werchter, London 2
    2020 : ?
  • KatKat There's a lot to be said for nowhere. Posts: 4,769
    edited January 2020
    I always saw the word as a positive. It was coined to be positive and I never understood all the negativity about it. :) 

So the podcast is really good?
    Falling down,...not staying down
    Kat said:
    I always saw the word as a positive. It was coined to be positive and I never understood all the negativity about it. :) 

If think so!
  • HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,416
    mcgruff10 said:
    I really dislike the name of the podcast.  Does Urkel have a weekly spot?
    We need Stone to step in halfway through every podcast to say "Did I do thaaaaat?"
  • on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,379
    two comments about to be combined into 1.

first, my rankings:
    11. johnny guitar
    10. the fixer
    9. gonna see my friend
    8. got some
    7. super sonic
    6. speed of sound
    5. amongst the waves
    4. unthought known
    3. just breathe
    2. the end

Great list!

For me...
    11. Johnny Guitar
    10. The End
    9. Speed of Sound
    8. Just Breathe
    7. Amongst the Waves
    6. Super Sonic
    5. The Fixer
    4. Gonna See My Friend
    3. Force of Nature
    2. Got Some
    1. Unthought Known

But I really like all these songs and some I love.  =)

1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

igotid88 said:

https://www.listennotes.com/et/podcasts/jamily-matters-wonk-eye-media-UcWPNzbEv1S/
    I miss igotid88
    Kat said:

I thought it was pretty good. He's a radio dj so it sounds a little more "professional".
    I miss igotid88
    igotid88 said:
    igotid88 said:

https://www.listennotes.com/et/podcasts/jamily-matters-wonk-eye-media-UcWPNzbEv1S/
    Thanks for the links. These episodes were supposed to be released later in mid-January and early-February. It’s strange that the are up there but not in Apple podcast.
    These last two episodes are pretty solid. I am not aligned with the rankings but I like having different opinions answers.
  • Kat said:

totally agree that i think of it as a positive and don't get the strong negative reactions to it.

i think the podcast is really good. the episodes so far have definitely resparked my obsession with the albums that i haven't been feeling in a while. getting me excited for the potential of a new album as well! have you had a chance to listen yet?
    The Binaural episode is gonna piss people off
    I miss igotid88
    igotid88 said:
    if it is two industry goobs bagging on binaural then well, I lived that era already once. 

• PB11041 said:
    igotid88 said:
    if it is two industry goobs bagging on binaural then well, I lived that era already once. 
    haven't heard the episode but this pod is definitely not industry goobs. the first episode makes it clear they were fans first and foremost who were inspired to pursue careers in the industry by their love for pearl jam. you should definitely give a listen and then judge.
  • PB11041 said:
    Nah, it just highlights how Binaural is like cilantro and can be a completely different experience for each person.
  • rummyrummy British Columbia, Canada Posts: 4,345
    edited January 2020
    Just finished Vs. episode. I’m on board with Roach’s (?) lower list and the higher end of Billie Jean’s list.
    RVM (and Corduroy) is the ultimate PJ song. I can never separate Go and Animal. Greatest one-two punch ever.
    Post edited by rummy on
    PB11041 said:
    igotid88 said:
    haven't heard the episode but this pod is definitely not industry goobs. the first episode makes it clear they were fans first and foremost who were inspired to pursue careers in the industry by their love for pearl jam. you should definitely give a listen and then judge.
    I already listened to the first episode.  It was what I expected. I will listen to a few more, but I am not expecting much.

edited January 2020
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

rummy said:
    Just finished Vs. episode. I’m on board with Roach’s (?) lower list and the higher end of Billie Jean’s list.
    RVM (and Corduroy) is the ultimate PJ song. I can never separate Go and Animal. Greatest one-two punch ever.
    It’s Roche !
    PB11041 said:
    igotid88 said:
    Give it a try, they are definitively not industry groobs 
  • PB11041 said:
    PB11041 said:
    igotid88 said:
    I already listened to the first episode.  It was what I expected. I will listen to a few more, but I am not expecting much.
    just curious what it is that you were expecting?