Options

Holiday Single Speculation

2»

Comments

• Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,922
    edited July 2019
    I don't think any new material for these will ever be recorded. Previously unreleased tracks is the best we can hope for. If that for sure meant studio recordings I would be all for it, but I think we are likely to get soundboards from 2004, 2007, Wrigley/London 2013, etc.

PS: I would LOVE to be proven wrong on this.
    Post edited by JimmyV on

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    EnzedEnzed NZ Posts: 479
    So was every update on the singles (off to be pressed) complete bullshit?
    Auckland 1 1995
    Auckland 1998
    EV (Neil Finn and Friends, April 2, 2001)
    Auckland 2009
    Auckland 2014
  • Options
    OceansMagnetOceansMagnet Posts: 1,031
    And 6 months later...
  • Options
    on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,438
    The lack of progress on the singles is frustrating... but I much rather the band prioritize the new album and tour right now.  
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• Options
    deadendpdeadendp Northeast Ohio Posts: 10,434
    edited January 2020
    on2legs said:
    The lack of progress on the singles is frustrating... but I much rather the band prioritize the new album and tour right now.  
    It's hard to have a clean surface to work from when you haven't bothered to clean the counter in 3 years. I say clean up the end bits you have lying around before you start creating something new. 

ETA:

Post edited by deadendp on
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Lexington and Wrigley 1
  • Options
    on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,438
    deadendp said:
    on2legs said:
    It's hard to have a clean surface to work from when you haven't bothered to clean the counter in 3 years. I say clean up the end bits you have lying around before you start creating something new. 

ETA:

I can’t disagree with your logic.  It makes sense. 
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• Options
    PB11041PB11041 Earth Posts: 2,767
    Fortunately in the near future these threads will all be bitch fests on the chosen material.
    His eminence has yet to show. 
    http://www.hi5sports.org/ (Sports Program for Kids with Disabilities)
    http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=3652

• Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,635
    :lol:
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    deadendp said:
    on2legs said:

ETA:

That's just not how creativity works... it's not like having a wood shop in the back where you go an grab your saw and say, "oh man, I never finished this birdhouse so I'm going to get all these things done before I start the new picnic table..."  Don't get me wrong, I can't wait to get the fan club singles fulfilled too and I sure HOPE they aren't just live tracks we can get from the bootlegs but rather studio tracks or cool demo variants (not demos like Man Of the Hour where it's hard to tell the difference).  
  • Options
    dudemandudeman Posts: 2,980
    No, but it's how being good at your job works.
    If hope can grow from dirt like me, it can be done. - EV
  • Options
    deadendpdeadendp Northeast Ohio Posts: 10,434
    SR16951 said:
    deadendp said:
    on2legs said:

ETA:

That's just not how creativity works... it's not like having a wood shop in the back where you go an grab your saw and say, "oh man, I never finished this birdhouse so I'm going to get all these things done before I start the new picnic table..."  Don't get me wrong, I can't wait to get the fan club singles fulfilled too and I sure HOPE they aren't just live tracks we can get from the bootlegs but rather studio tracks or cool demo variants (not demos like Man Of the Hour where it's hard to tell the difference).  
    Funny that. I'm an artist. I may know a thing or two on how creativity works with some people. :wink:

Many (note that not all) artists I know (including myself) thrive on a deadline, especially when I personally have people in wait for my creations. I have people counting on me-- a responsibility to fulfill. I also have a gigantic guilt complex. (Blame that on being a middle child.) 

Just saying that yes, in an artist's world, it is not unheard of to finish up the end pieces before moving onto other projects. 
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Lexington and Wrigley 1
  • Options
    BrandenBranden Nevada Posts: 226
    deadendp said:
    [...]
    Many (note that not all) artists I know (including myself) thrive on a deadline, especially when I personally have people in wait for my creations. I have people counting on me-- a responsibility to fulfill. I also have a gigantic guilt complex. (Blame that on being a middle child.) 

Just saying that yes, in an artist's world, it is not unheard of to finish up the end pieces before moving onto other projects. 
    And then there's George R.R. Martin...
    The Better Band Podcast: BetterBandPod.com 
    Apple Podcasts: https://apple.co/3yVFPcY
    Google Play: https://podcasts.google.com/feed/aHR0cHM6Ly9tZWRpYS5yc3MuY29tL2JldHRlcmJhbmRwb2QvZmVlZC54bWw

1995: 6.22 Sacramento, CA
    1997: 11.14 Oakland, CA (Rolling Stones)
    1998: 7.10 San Diego, CA; 7.16 Sacramento CA
    2000: 10.22 Las Vegas, NV; 10.25 San Diego, CA; 10.28 San Bernardino, CA; 10.31 Mountain View, CA
    2003: 6.01 Mountain View, CA; 6.02/6.03 Irvine, CA; 6.05 San Diego, CA; 6.06 Las Vegas, NV
    2006: 7.06 Las Vegas, NV; 7.16 San Francisco, CA
    2013: 11.26 Oakland, CA
    2022: 5.18 Sacramento, CA

• Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,635
    Hahaha.  Biggest money grab ever, right?!
    The love he receives is the love that is saved