Options

Holiday Single Speculation

BrandenBranden Nevada Posts: 226
I'm gonna call it now, and say that one of the remaining fan club singles we're going to get is going to be:
A- "Long Road" (live). Eddie w/ Soweto Gospel Choir; Dec 2, 2018
B- "Seasons" (live) Eddie; July 1, 2019

If I'm right, you owe me a fine, fat Christmas goose!...
The Better Band Podcast: BetterBandPod.com 
Apple Podcasts: https://apple.co/3yVFPcY
Google Play: https://podcasts.google.com/feed/aHR0cHM6Ly9tZWRpYS5yc3MuY29tL2JldHRlcmJhbmRwb2QvZmVlZC54bWw

1995: 6.22 Sacramento, CA
1997: 11.14 Oakland, CA (Rolling Stones)
1998: 7.10 San Diego, CA; 7.16 Sacramento CA
2000: 10.22 Las Vegas, NV; 10.25 San Diego, CA; 10.28 San Bernardino, CA; 10.31 Mountain View, CA
2003: 6.01 Mountain View, CA; 6.02/6.03 Irvine, CA; 6.05 San Diego, CA; 6.06 Las Vegas, NV
2006: 7.06 Las Vegas, NV; 7.16 San Francisco, CA
2013: 11.26 Oakland, CA
2022: 5.18 Sacramento, CA

Comments

• Options
    cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,640
    I think Seasons was more of a private thing.  Tribute to Lily/Susan/Chris/Roskilde thing.  

Would be cool but i doubt it
  • Options
    BH87446BH87446 Posts: 113
    🤞
  • Options
    BrainofBGABrainofBGA Australia Posts: 3,942
    edited July 2019
    What’s this holiday single u speak of? 

All jokes aside it hopefully will meet everyone’s expectations! 
    Post edited by BrainofBGA on
    Melbourne #1 '98
    Melbourne #2 '03
    Melbourne #3 '03
    Melbourne #1 '06
    Melbourne #3 '06
    Melbourne '09
    Melbourne '14
  • Options
    JammalamboJammalambo Posts: 1,321
    You know it's a PJ single and not an EV single, right? If they put an EV solo track on it, the other one is either a full band track or another band member composition.
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,635
    You so funny w/your holiday single speak!

Something to hold you over....
    https://youtu.be/Rciee-oQLoI
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,635
    And....my five year old wanted to know why there was a guy singing while he was going poop 
    A fair question for B2M
  • Options
    Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 29,044
    I think we will get a full length cover album. Or a full bootleg from the early years that are not suites for a vault release. something like that. 

Its 200 years overdo. So I dont think they could stumach just release a 7-inch 
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    BrandenBranden Nevada Posts: 226
    And....my five year old wanted to know why there was a guy singing while he was going poop 
    A fair question for B2M
    It was the 90's. We did some weird stuff back then...
    The Better Band Podcast: BetterBandPod.com 
    Apple Podcasts: https://apple.co/3yVFPcY
    Google Play: https://podcasts.google.com/feed/aHR0cHM6Ly9tZWRpYS5yc3MuY29tL2JldHRlcmJhbmRwb2QvZmVlZC54bWw

1995: 6.22 Sacramento, CA
    1997: 11.14 Oakland, CA (Rolling Stones)
    1998: 7.10 San Diego, CA; 7.16 Sacramento CA
    2000: 10.22 Las Vegas, NV; 10.25 San Diego, CA; 10.28 San Bernardino, CA; 10.31 Mountain View, CA
    2003: 6.01 Mountain View, CA; 6.02/6.03 Irvine, CA; 6.05 San Diego, CA; 6.06 Las Vegas, NV
    2006: 7.06 Las Vegas, NV; 7.16 San Francisco, CA
    2013: 11.26 Oakland, CA
    2022: 5.18 Sacramento, CA

• Options
    jeffbrjeffbr Seattle Posts: 7,177
    I have no desire for another Vedder single. I'm in the PJ fanclub. 
    "I'll use the magic word - let's just shut the fuck up, please." EV, 04/13/08
  • Options
    Side a: Cover of the Fraiser them song Side b: cover of the Seinfeld theme song with eddie cracking jokes. I'm joking of course but hearing that would be pretty damn funny.
  • Options
    ryph raphryph raph Posts: 887

You all will get

NOTHING !

10-26-91 Cleveland
    4-2-92
    7-29-92
    5-4-95 Hovercraft / Cleveland
    8-26-98
    4-25-03
    5-20-06
    8-21-08 E.V. Chicago
    10-31-09 Philadelphia
    5-09-10 Cleveland
    5-10-10 Buffalo
    6-26-11 E.V. Detroit
    10-11-13 Pittsburgh
    10-12-13 Buffalo
    10-29-13 Charlottesville
    4-18-16 Hampton
    8-22-16 Chicago

• Options
    MedozKMedozK Tennessee Posts: 9,209
    ryph raph said:

You all will get

NOTHING !

• Options
    YoullseeDragonsYoullseeDragons Posts: 2,118
    I'm thinking EP for both years they are behind. Should get it in January of 2020.
  • Options
    How many DEEPs are we behind?``
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    sheckyshecky San Francisco Posts: 1,441
    edited July 2019
    I'm thinking EP for both years they are behind. Should get it in January of 2020.
    If you wait long enough they'll owe you an album! (That's why I've just renewed "digital" the last several years).
    Post edited by shecky on
  • Options
    RoleModelsinBlood31RoleModelsinBlood31 Austin TX Posts: 6,148
    Seven hundred and twenty six MILLION!!!
    I'm like an opening band for your mom.
  • Options
    deadendpdeadendp Northeast Ohio Posts: 10,434
    edited July 2019
    2 behind.  2019 will be behind come January 2020, making that three behind at that point.  
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Lexington and Wrigley 1
  • Options
    edited July 2019
    deadendp said:
    2 behind.  2019 will be behind come January 2020, making that three behind at that point.  
    I love the deeps. Will be Nice as hell when they finally arrive. 
  • Options
    deadendpdeadendp Northeast Ohio Posts: 10,434
    deadendp said:
    Agreed. 
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Lexington and Wrigley 1
  • Options
    iOnlyownMymindiOnlyownMymind Posts: 2,542
    deadendp said:
    deadendp said:
    I'm not sure I've read one since going digital a few years ago. Have I been missing out?
  • Options
    Can we get back to Boys to Men?
    https://youtu.be/zDKO6XYXioc

• Options
    Maybe we get a vinyl copy of the new album and call it even?
  • Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,418
    Maybe we get a vinyl copy of the new album and call it even?
    At this point, I would be happy with a gift card to the shop. At least something for the money I paid YEARS ago that has still gone unfulfilled!
  • Options
    edited July 2019
    HesCalledDyer said:

At least something for the money I paid YEARS ago that has still gone unfulfilled!

I don't care about the whatever-dollars I paid. To me it's about the "disrespect" of it all - first, not delivering (x0.000 people paying for a thing, that a rockband, it's management and fanclub can't figure out in the 365 days they have?) and then not communicating at all - in the era of twitter and easy and direct access to your fanbase - about it instead completely ignoring the issue knowing they have us by the balls.

It's honestly disrespectful. Who would return to a regular shop that treats you like that (Selling you something, but not delivering in X years and without any interest in keeping you updated on it)?

I will be happy as fuck when the DEEP arrives, and the singles. And I don't care about waiting for them or them having whatever problems  - but I do care about them being transparent as concrete about it. And taking us for granted.

It's shitty. And I bet all of them would agree if backed against the wall. Now I bet it's just convenient to stay silent, because us and the threads popping up here from time to time isn't reason enough to care.
    Post edited by Spiritual_Chaos on
  • Options
    MT64613MT64613 Posts: 41
    HesCalledDyer said:

At least something for the money I paid YEARS ago that has still gone unfulfilled!

I don't care about the whatever-dollars I paid. To me it's about the "disrespect" of not it all - not delivering (x0.000 people paying for a thing, that a rockband, it's management and fanclub can't figure out in the 365 days they have?). And then not communicating at all - in the era of twitter and easy and direct access to your fanbase - with your fans about it but instead just ignoring the issue knowing they have us by the balls.

It's honestly disrespectful. Who would return to a regular shop that treats you like that? (Selling you something, but not delivering in X years and without any interest in keeping you updated on it).

I will be happy as fuck when the DEEP arrives, and the singles. And I don't care about waiting for them or them having whatever problems  - but I do care about them being transparent as concrete about it. And taking us for granted.

It's shitty. And I bet all of them would agree if backed against the wall. Now I bet it's just convenient to stay silent, because us and the threads popping up here from time to time isn't reason enough to care.
    You nailed it. Almost looks like Trump holds the reins.
    37 and (hopefully) counting ...
  • Options
    tdawetdawe Posts: 1,999
    It's only a matter of time before we get the email saying how they're sorry, appreciate everyone's patience, as you know we always want the annual singles to be special, band members just too busy, many exciting things in the works for the near future, wouldn't want to put it out unless it's great, everyone who was eligible for missed singles will get an extra bootleg code the next time they re-up.
  • Options
    Tim SimmonsTim Simmons Posts: 6,959
    edited July 2019
    I guess I just don't know what more communication they can give other than the announcement that they were doing away with them because of lack of band interest and they owe us 2. Until the band decides what they will do, there really isn't an update to give. 

Do we need an update once a month "Band still hasn't decided"? 

• Options
    Tim SimmonsTim Simmons Posts: 6,959
    Also, to be fair to the club, Santos was really great about giving updates on the Mystery Boxes. I'm sure they've seen the complaints from some that the 10c has poor communication. Sometimes theres just no info to give. And when you couple that with this band and the club ALWAYS playing things close to the chest, you're not gonna get much info wise.
  • Options
    PSUS2HPSUS2H USA Posts: 2,049
    Also, to be fair to the club, Santos was really great about giving updates on the Mystery Boxes. I'm sure they've seen the complaints from some that the 10c has poor communication. Sometimes theres just no info to give. And when you couple that with this band and the club ALWAYS playing things close to the chest, you're not gonna get much info wise.
    So true, and I bet there are things that he cant be as forthcoming with.  If there isn't an update he's not going to keep telling us that.  He was super transparent with the boxes which was very appreciated. 
    Pittsburgh, PA September 28, 2005 || Washington, DC June 22, 2008 || Barstow, VA May 13, 2010 || Seattle, WA  August 10, 2018 || Dana Point, CA September 29, 2018 (EV) || Dana Point, CA September 28, 2019 (EV) || Dana Point, CA September 25, 2021 (EV) || Dana Point, CA October 1, 2021 || Dana Point, CA October 2, 2021 
  • Options
    Yeah, the mystery box thing was great. We even got a picture of the warehouse.