2023/2024 NBA Season October 18th Opening Tip off! Pg 48

Comments

• Dallas Mavericks uniforms tonight.  

Worst I've EVER seen.
    Image result for dallas mavericks ugly jersey
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,710
    No sign of when Zion is making his debut yet?
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • No sign of when Zion is making his debut yet?
    Christmas?  Why rush him in?  You want another lottery pick.
  • 23scidoo23scidoo Thessaloniki,Greece Posts: 18,414
    edited December 2019
    Second OT on Spurs-Rockets..
    Come on guys, i need to go to bed..
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    Prague Krakow Berlin 2018. Berlin 2022
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

I wish i was the souvenir you kept your house key on..
  • No CoderNo Coder Brisbane Posts: 1,126
    23scidoo said:
    Honestly, the Rockets are one of the worst teams to watch play basketball!!  Watching Harden chuck up 38 shots (at 29%), PLUS 24 FT attempts. Honestly he flops better the Neymar. And then Westbrick has 30 shot attempts at 23.3%, is like having needles slowly put into my eyes.
    Now before the haters jump all over me. YES both Harden and Westbrook are very talented players. My issue is with the "style" of game they play being atrocious. Very little ball movement and the current game is built for stat padding (by all players, not just these 2)
    Neither have been able to produce consistently in playoffs when team actually focus for a 7 game series. Rant over.....
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me

*BEC, Brisbane, March 1995
    *BEC, Brisbane, March 1998
    *BEC, Brisbane, November 2006
    *QSAC, Brisbane November 2009
    *EV Solo, QPAC, Brisbane March 10 and 12 2011
    *Big Day Out, Gold Coast, 19 Jan 2014
    *EV Solo, QPAC, Brisbane, 22,23 & 25 Feb 2014
  • No Coder said:
    23scidoo said:
    Honestly, the Rockets are one of the worst teams to watch play basketball!!  Watching Harden chuck up 38 shots (at 29%), PLUS 24 FT attempts. Honestly he flops better the Neymar. And then Westbrick has 30 shot attempts at 23.3%, is like having needles slowly put into my eyes.
    Now before the haters jump all over me. YES both Harden and Westbrook are very talented players. My issue is with the "style" of game they play being atrocious. Very little ball movement and the current game is built for stat padding (by all players, not just these 2)
    Neither have been able to produce consistently in playoffs when team actually focus for a 7 game series. Rant over.....
    I was curious to look up their stats to see the AST  they both have and 7.1 and 7.8 a game respectively.  That's good. Then I look at their TO ratio and it's 4.3 and 5.2.  

So as much as they pass the ball, half the time it goes to the other team...

Watched Dallas last night.  I'm good w Doncic.

What I am not good w is giving Carmelo player of the week...  I'm happy for him that he is back playing but could really care less that he is.
  • cutzcutz Posts: 11,400
    No Coder said:
    23scidoo said:
    Good rant . Pretty much  spot on. 

Watching Harden is not good if you have a headache, and if you don't have a headache he'll give you one.
    No Coder said:
    23scidoo said:
    It was a good game after all..
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

• Because cameras catch EVERYTHING now this is a bad missed call, lol!
    http://www.espn.com/video/clip?id=28228505
  • No CoderNo Coder Brisbane Posts: 1,126
    No Coder said:
    23scidoo said:
    I was curious to look up their stats to see the AST  they both have and 7.1 and 7.8 a game respectively.  That's good. Then I look at their TO ratio and it's 4.3 and 5.2.  

What I am not good w is giving Carmelo player of the week...  I'm happy for him that he is back playing but could really care less that he is.
    Yeah, they both average a good amount of assists, and have done for most of their careers, but a lot of their assists come as the end of the shot clock after going ISO for 20 seconds, then kicking out to Tucker standing in the corner 3 spot, or an opp to Capela. They have even managed to make Alley-Oops boring.... 

A lot of what Harden is able to accomplish offensively is due to the reffing of the modern game and his ability to make the most of that (credit too him - he's making the most of what he is being allowed to do). A soon as he gets any contact he throws the arms up as in attempting a shot (which is just ruining the game when any player does it), which makes defenders very cautious of playing too tight on him. So then his 3 point shot is easier to get off and he also has  space to move into a step to get past the defender. The refs are also far too liberal with the travelling involved with his step backs. I remember they called Curry for a travel last season on the exact same move Harden does 10 times a game and doesn't get called for. In general the travelling calls have been atrocious over the last 5+ years for all the NBA. I have noticed this season they are calling a lot more travels on players on  the first step, but still not whilst dribbling then into step back or moves to the basket.

And the only people who like it, are the people watching 15 second clips on social media. Most people who watch actual games, want to see the game adjudicated as it was meant to be. But that's what the world has become in many facets, 15 seconds clips that get views on social media. Don't get me wrong, I watch some of these things too, but when kids are bought up only watching this, they think that's what is good about the sport. I go to watch my kids play (Highschool), and the kids watching the games, go apeshit when someone gets crossed over, and then I'll say, " But he missed the layup/shot", and they couln't care less.....

Look, I'm a bit old school, but I do love watching GOOD basketball, when there is ball movement (Warriors 2014 -2018, and I'm not a Warriors fan, Pheonix Suns with Steve Nash). Watching ISO ball for large portions of the game really is boring. ISO ball can be exciting for small moments in games, when you have a mismatch or to elites going at each other, but for the most part, it is not what basketball is about. 
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me

*BEC, Brisbane, March 1995
    *BEC, Brisbane, March 1998
    *BEC, Brisbane, November 2006
    *QSAC, Brisbane November 2009
    *EV Solo, QPAC, Brisbane March 10 and 12 2011
    *Big Day Out, Gold Coast, 19 Jan 2014
    *EV Solo, QPAC, Brisbane, 22,23 & 25 Feb 2014
  • No Coder said:
    No Coder said:
    23scidoo said:

Yeah, they both average a good amount of assists, and have done for most of their careers, but a lot of their assists come as the end of the shot clock after going ISO for 20 seconds, then kicking out to Tucker standing in the corner 3 spot, or an opp to Capela. They have even managed to make Alley-Oops boring.... 

A lot of what Harden is able to accomplish offensively is due to the reffing of the modern game and his ability to make the most of that (credit too him - he's making the most of what he is being allowed to do). A soon as he gets any contact he throws the arms up as in attempting a shot (which is just ruining the game when any player does it), which makes defenders very cautious of playing too tight on him. So then his 3 point shot is easier to get off and he also has  space to move into a step to get past the defender. The refs are also far too liberal with the travelling involved with his step backs. I remember they called Curry for a travel last season on the exact same move Harden does 10 times a game and doesn't get called for. In general the travelling calls have been atrocious over the last 5+ years for all the NBA. I have noticed this season they are calling a lot more travels on players on  the first step, but still not whilst dribbling then into step back or moves to the basket.

And the only people who like it, are the people watching 15 second clips on social media. Most people who watch actual games, want to see the game adjudicated as it was meant to be. But that's what the world has become in many facets, 15 seconds clips that get views on social media. Don't get me wrong, I watch some of these things too, but when kids are bought up only watching this, they think that's what is good about the sport. I go to watch my kids play (Highschool), and the kids watching the games, go apeshit when someone gets crossed over, and then I'll say, " But he missed the layup/shot", and they couln't care less.....

Look, I'm a bit old school, but I do love watching GOOD basketball, when there is ball movement (Warriors 2014 -2018, and I'm not a Warriors fan, Pheonix Suns with Steve Nash). Watching ISO ball for large portions of the game really is boring. ISO ball can be exciting for small moments in games, when you have a mismatch or to elites going at each other, but for the most part, it is not what basketball is about. 
    "go apeshit when someone gets crossed over, and then I'll say, " But he missed the layup/shot", and they couln't care less....."

My first recollection of this was watching J-will, White Chocolate, Jason Williams play.

He would make sports center highlights with these ridiculous moves and they were cool but he would miss...

I agree with the 15 second clip thing because everyone wants things in sample sizes and not the whole thing.

The Harden/Westbrook thing that others have complained about is that they each hold the ball for wayyyyy too long and end up dishing or shooting.  I like transition basketball and when Westbrook does that it's great but if he holds it too long then what you said takes place.

I'm still a Westbrook fan but I know he isn't going to win anything ever.
    Bucks dominant Clippers on every way!!!.. the best team now on league..
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

• HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,416
    7-game win streak. 14-game road win streak.  Be a shame if someone came along and broke them...

Let the "B-b-but... we didn't have Anthony Davis" chants ensue.  Tough shit, we haven't had Oladipo all damn season!
  • 23scidoo said:
    Did you see the Mavs/Bucks game?

They aren't there yet.
    23scidoo said:

They aren't there yet.
    Saw it.. didn't expecting this..
    Waiting for the derby tomorrow..
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

• 23scidoo said:
    23scidoo said:

They aren't there yet.
    Bucks /Lakers yo!
    23scidoo said:
    23scidoo said:

They aren't there yet.
    Bucks /Lakers yo!
    Hope i can make it..
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

Congrats to Raptors for the mythical come back..
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

• The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,141
    Dallas Mavericks uniforms tonight.  

Worst I've EVER seen.
    Shawn Bradley says "hold my beer"

chinese-happy.jpg

Worst I've EVER seen.

That's not even that bad, stop it.
    Dallas Mavericks uniforms tonight.  

Worst I've EVER seen.

YOU'RE the one not offended by the ugliness of these jerseys!

Merry Christmas ya bastard
    chinese-happy.jpg

EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

Bucks deserve nothing tonight..
    4th qrt on LA will be hell..
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

• CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,015
    Battle of LA fun stuff

good game here

chinese-happy.jpg

Worst I've EVER seen.

YOU'RE the one not offended by the ugliness of these jerseys!

Merry Christmas ya bastard
    I went back and looked at this and noticed the rainbow stars on the print... WTF does that?  City of Brotherly love is right w these uniforms.  Merry Christmas to you too ya bastid!!!
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,710
    RIP David Stern
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,171
    RIP the greatest executive in NY Knicks history.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Poncier said:
    RIP the greatest executive in NY Knicks history.
    Nice dig.

RIP Stern.

Favorite Stern moment?

This
    https://youtu.be/73vGdCaC048
  • Stern asks Rome if "do you still beat your wife?"

I remember watching that live.