New York Knicks Official Thread

Comments

• igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,144
    edited December 2019
    igotid88 said:
    igotid88 said:
    Fizdale fired
    Like any of this is his fault?

Does Perry go next?  Or does Mills go too?

Looking for that lottery.

Let Oakley coach!
    Not all his fault. But he was brought in because he supposed " bring in the big free agents". He's not an Xs and Os coach according to some. I think Mills should go. 
    This is what drives me nuts about knicks fans, or pardon me, the delusional ones.

No free agents want to go there.  No one wants to play for the Knicks.  

They'd like to play a game there but not to be a part of the knicks organization.

When Durant talked about MSG/knicks not being all that it's cracked up to be he was right and the players talk about this.

Who would want to come here after the way they treated Carmelo and Oak?

Lebron was rumored to come here back in 10.  Bullshit.

Durant was rumored to come here.  Bullshit.

Lebron again.  Bullshit.

Kyrie.  Thank goodness it was bullshit.

Paul George?  Bullshit

Kawhi?  Stop it.

No one wants to come here.

Draft a great first rounder and maybe.  Let's see how they treat the rookie and what they surround him with.

Let's talk after the draft.

It's not the reason fans wanted him fired. But that was the reason he was hired. They chose Fizdale over Van Gundy, Mark Jackson, Budenholzer, ans Thibodeau
    Post edited by igotid88 on
    I miss igotid88
    I would like to see Becky Hammon get a shot. If they don't go for Jeff Van Gundy
    I miss igotid88
  • CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,015
    Dolan
    wilpons
    woody

all can fuck themselves, to have these owners in a world class city is disgusting

wilbons 5 year exit strategy ..... who you assholes think u are , Elvis

these three franchises need to be boycotted

fuck Dolan

Knicks finally showed some fight in the 4th. Obviously missed the game tying free throw
    I miss igotid88
    Knicks win
    I miss igotid88
    2 in a row
    I miss igotid88
    77 points in the 1st half
    I miss igotid88
    Most points since 1980
    I miss igotid88
    We beat the Nets. No Kyrie but still. This team is weird. Can't beat an awful team. But beat a decent team
    I miss igotid88
  • crookedcrosscrookedcross Right Near Da Beach, Boiii Posts: 1,417
    Our last 3 first round picks are shooting below 40% from the field. Terrible. 
    Miller already has more wins in less games than Fizdale this season
    I miss igotid88
    I think we can get to 20-25 wins
    I miss igotid88
    3 in a row
    I miss igotid88
    edited January 2020
    I would never understand why Randle keeps on forcing face up moves on the high post everytime they are in a close game. Guaranteed turnover everytime 
    Beat a good team in the Pacers.  And win again tonight. If they can win the 15 of the next 31 games. They can get to that 30 win mark
    I miss igotid88
    Finally got rid of Mills
    I miss igotid88
    igotid88 said:
    Finally got rid of Mills
    I've met Steve Mills a few times and had basketball conversations with him each time. Too bad the gig didn't work out. Great guy, incredible basketball knowledge, local breed, and one of them "from the bottom to the top" kinda guys. I remember bumping into him at a Knicks-Sixers game in Philly in 2017 and we had a convo about the draft (because we also sucked that year and it was March). He pointed out some prospects he liked from that '17 draft class. All ended up going way after the 8th pick and are now doing real well. Collins, Brooks, Adebayo to name a few. Of course we all know how we ended-up with Ntikilina that year. I also liked that he was basically building the team from scratch. Yes, including the Porzingis trade. The right way to do it. Unfortunately that takes a few years and Knicks fans and organization have zero patience. Mills is not household name that will attract free agents or garner patience from everyone so this Knicks firing was inevitable for a basically no-name first-timer. He will probably remain in MSG though.

igotid88 said:
    Finally got rid of Mills
    I've met Steve Mills a few times and had basketball conversations with him each time. Too bad the gig didn't work out. Great guy, incredible basketball knowledge, local breed, and one of them "from the bottom to the top" kinda guys. I remember bumping into him at a Knicks-Sixers game in Philly in 2017 and we had a convo about the draft (because we also sucked that year and it was March). He pointed out some prospects he liked from that '17 draft class. All ended up going way after the 8th pick and are now doing real well. Collins, Brooks, Adebayo to name a few. Of course we all know how we ended-up with Ntikilina that year. I also liked that he was basically building the team from scratch. Yes, including the Porzingis trade. The right way to do it. Unfortunately that takes a few years and Knicks fans and organization have zero patience. Mills is not household name that will attract free agents or garner patience from everyone so this Knicks firing was inevitable for a basically no-name first-timer. He will probably remain in MSG though.

He's been with the Knicks for 20 years
    I miss igotid88
  • igotid88 said:
    igotid88 said:
    Finally got rid of Mills

Didn't he work with Magic Johnson for a while?

Also why on earth would you want the Knicks to win any more games?
    igotid88 said:
    igotid88 said:
    Finally got rid of Mills

I know. What I'm  saying is this is really the first time he called the shots. Yea, he was the GM before that, but we all know he was just in the background during that time because of Phil. A lot of Knicks fans probably didn't even know who he is until the break-up letter came out a couple days ago. 
    igotid88 said:
    igotid88 said:
    Finally got rid of Mills

Hard to find motivation to fix something when you are filling up the arena regardless of if you suck or not
  • igotid88 said:
    igotid88 said:
    Finally got rid of Mills

Hard to find motivation to fix something when you are filling up the arena regardless of if you suck or not
     Why do they keep on coming?  I have said that Knicks fans are delusional for years.  It's a venue to "be seen" in for the high paying A listers. 

This is why people still go to these meaningless games.

I sometimes wonder if the Knicks and Mets organizations use the same playbook for running their franchises?
    igotid88 said:
    igotid88 said:
    Finally got rid of Mills

Why do they keep on coming?  I have said that Knicks fans are delusional for years.  It's a venue to "be seen" in for the high paying A listers. 

I sometimes wonder if the Knicks and Mets organizations use the same playbook for running their franchises?
    I'm willing to bet that a lot of people in there are tourists. It's also a bucket list item for basketball fans. Then MSG has a fuck ton of corporate partners. Do those guys always show up to games? No, but those seats are already paid for. 
    edited February 2020
    Morris to Clippers for Harkless
  • igotid88 said:
    igotid88 said:
    Finally got rid of Mills

I'm willing to bet that a lot of people in there are tourists. It's also a bucket list item for basketball fans. Then MSG has a fuck ton of corporate partners. Do those guys always show up to games? No, but those seats are already paid for. 
    I would love to know someone that would let me have the seats that they don't use.  I would go every night if I could just to be able to watch the games...
    igotid88 said:
    igotid88 said:
    Finally got rid of Mills

I would love to know someone that would let me have the seats that they don't use.  I would go every night if I could just to be able to watch the games...
    Me too.........
    Knicks win
    I miss igotid88
    4 straight wins
    I miss igotid88
    Already surpassed last year's win total
    I miss igotid88
  • tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 38,853
    Iigotid88 said: